Collapse
No announcement yet.

[GNR-SQ1] RG-02: Alien of the Kitsune Kind

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GNR-SQ1] RG-02: Alien of the Kitsune Kind

Reinjaa Gaiden
    Adventure 2: Alien of the Kitsune Kind
    By the Writing Team of Lexington "Chip" Lonewolf
    and
    Darrel James Vanwinkle
    03/18/08

Sharklad
    05-19-2010, 11:17 PM
    Dreamtime Dimension

Glacyra waited for Peter to get seated, then she smiles and gets the Winter Owl Zord airborne, and it flies off toward a slowly opening Shaman Portal in mid air and directly through the center of it.

Chip smiled, as he took out a comic, and thumbed through it. "If I am reading this comic correctly, I think we are heading to River Bluff near Mount Hood in Oregon." He then looked at Peter, and said. "Sure beats daily lessons in Martial Arts, huh?" He winked.
    March/18/2008, 11:46 PM
    Peter sighed, as he turned to look out a window. "I wouldn't know, Chip. I haven't gotten to do any Martial Arts lessons. The others were making me do their chores, which would normally take me all day to do, and while I was working, they were doing their lessons smugly. Sensei was sick a lot and Master Seth couldn't be everywhere at once, so they were able to distract Seth sufficiently enough so he wouldn't know what they were doing to me. And then... Vlad moved in and... it got really hard for them to cover up what they were doing to me. And then, you and Renny showed up and saw me looking like a pig sty. And that is when they're little scheme's lid got blown off. So you see, I haven't had a single lesson the whole time I was there. When I heard that you and Renny were on a quest... it was something that I wanted to do, so I asked if I could come along. I am so glad you decided to permit it, because the brothers to the others would have killed me after they found out about their kin getting punished by Seth." He sighed again, as he kept gazing out the window of the zord.

Glacyra quietly said to Chip, "That sort of thing just isn't right, Chip. There will always be cruel students who join martial arts schools who publicly pretend to be good, yet are cruel and mean to their fellow students. Everywhere except at Shaman's Circle, luckily. Lord Thunderbird doesn't tolerate cruel students. They often find themselves transformed into rabbits, or coyotes, or other western animals... like a horse, one time." She winked with a grin, as she focused on flying.
    March/19/2008, 12:06 AM
    Chip hummed. "If Seth had the nerve, he'd kick those boys into 'Mom's' Pouch. Seth is a good guy, and I am happy he's my brother in-law. However, Britton would be worried about the state of the dojo right now." He then shook his head, as he asked. "How did you get to Australia, Peter? I don't remember you having an Aussie lilt like the other students."
    March/19/2008, 12:29 AM
    Glacyra giggled, as she whispered, "So tattle on the dojo to Britton."

Peter replied without looking, "Peter Haerford is my assigned name at the... the orphanage in Sarina Beach, just north of Rockhampton. They don't speak in the Outback lilt along the coastal regions so much. Anyway... I ran away from the orphanage when I overheard that they were going to sell a few of the more useless orphans into child slavery. I was named as a useless orphan. Like I told Renny when I was packing my bag... the orphanage was an evil place. I thought the Sidarius Dojo was a shining light in the storm... but it didn't seem to pan out. Once I was taken in, I was literally yanked out of my bed in the middle of the night and... thrown into a pile of stable crap in one of the stalls and told to clean it up before morning or else. Everything went downhill from there, save for the one time that Lexington taught me how to make tea. My one good skill."
    March/19/2008, 12:51 AM
    The redhead rubbed his chin, as he remembered that one time when he was a Mystic Ranger before he found out that Lexington was his brother. He nodded to Glacyra, as he made a plan to call Britton before they would have to go to Mount Atlantis. "And to think that he would not be able that skill to someone with a kind soul. He was taught that by his brother to help him a few years back. That was one of his best methods of bringing people together."

Renny yawned, as he woke up from a short nap, his outward appearance altered a little bit. "It doesnt seem too quiet anymore. What's going on?"
    March/20/2008, 11:22 PM
    Glacyra replied, "We are encountering some thunderheads in the great northwest. I am sure they love the rain. We could sure use some down at Shamans Circle. Oh well... beggars can't be choosers. We will be at the Rainger Estate in a few minutes. The professor will probably be surprised to see the Winter Owl Zord in his yard."

Peter arched an eye, as he watched the storm outside of the zord window, lightning flashing and rain pouring heavily. "Professor Rainger?"
    March/20/2008, 11:29 PM
    Chip nodded. "Professor Anarus Rainger... The father of Renny's dimensional counterpart in Dreamtime America." The Knight then shook his head. "Sometimes, I am surprised by how many dimensional counterparts exist."

Renny's ears perked up, as he blinked, and started to scratch behind his right ear, taming an itch, not noticing that he had changed a little. "What about my dad?" he asked curiously. Obviously, he doesn't read much Power Ranger comics.
    March/20/2008, 11:47 PM
    Glacyra then glanced back at Renny and released a small gasp. "Um, Chip... you need to tend to your pet, er, I mean, your boyfriend."

Peter's attention was grabbed by that statement as he too looked over at Renny. "Wow... your ears, Renny. They are as fuzzy as your tails are."
    March/20/2008, 11:59 PM
    Renny's eyes widened, as he felt his ears... "The fortune was true, then... my ears would change..."

Chip blinked, as he looked to Renny... "Your ears are changing, Renny... you are turning more and more into a Kitsune. Steven said that this would happen, and you'll be just fine... trust me." He then snapped his fingers, as a yellowish-brown baseball cap appeared on Renny's head. "Though it may itch, you must keep your cool, or do I have to buy a flea collar?" He winked.

Renny hugged Chip, his tails swishing.
    March/21/2008, 12:40 AM
    Glacyra then veered the Winter Owl Zord into a partial arc and dipped down below the clouds, where she glided the craft into a landing in the parking lot in front of the Rainger mansion. The Winter Owl Zord then lifted a wing to reach the top of the front doors as the Zord door/hatch opened directly beneath the wing. "Remember, Chip. The Tao Rangers in Dreamtime America don't know who you guys are. And Deryk isn't their leader in this dimension. In fact, there are no local Devlins here whatsoever. If you three are ready, let us head over to the front door and ring the doorbell. Come on, guys."

Peter smiled as he got up and stepped out of the Zord, as he helped the others out, one at a time.

Glacyra smiled. "Thank you, Peter." Then she walked over to the front doors and rang the doorbell and waited.
    March/21/2008, 12:54 AM
    Renny and Chip thanked Peter when they were helped out of the Winter Owl Zord.

Renny tucked his tails quickly inside his pants, and kept his cool. "I haven't seen dad since I came back to Earth."

Chip said, "Remember Renny, dimensional counterparts are different from the friends we know in Dreamtrail. Try not to do anything rash to your father's counterpart."
    March/21/2008, 02:24 AM
    When the front doors opened, an elderly man stood there wearing almost futuristic looking archaeologist clothing. "Yes?" Then he saw Glacyra. "Glacyra Yceswan! Oh what a pleasant surprise! I haven't see you since Lei No Kung tried to free Hastsezini, the Native American fire god of evil, from his tomb of imprisonment in the southwest! Do come in, all of you!"

Glacyra smiled at the elderly man. "Thank you, Professor Rainger," she said as she entered. "Although we are actually here to see your son and his friends. Are they about?"

Professor Anarus Rainger smiled. "They should be back at any time. They went out to fight Prince Raconuki, the evil hybrid lord of oriental lore from the pocket dimension of Tazuka. It makes the second time today. Ren thinks Lei No Kung is up to something. Please join me in the rec room where Rocket is relaxing at. I sincerely hope he's not in his big form again. He knows better, but he is a dragon god, after all."

Peter glanced at Chip and Renny. "Are you sure it's safe here?"
    March/22/2008, 04:46 PM
    Chip was introducing himself and the others to the Kind Professor.

Renny smiled. "As long as you are polite, and don't cause a problem, I think you'll be okay. From what I heard, Rocket was supposed to be civil unless provoked."
    March/22/2008, 05:58 PM
    Soon, they were standing in the rec room, and sure enough, taking up a good section of the back side of the rec room was a massive oriental looking black Chinese dragon.

Anarus rolled his eyes. "He prefers it here, as his own temple is a mess, he keeps saying."

Peter IRKed, as he seemed to freeze in his tracks upon seeing the dragon.
    March/24/2008, 12:07 AM
    Chip gasped. Razylymiirgolos Andrakkan in his true form... From what my brothers told me, his Valhalla counterpart liked being in the form of a Shadodrak.

Renny wowed. "That is a big Dragon; he's even greater than Fire Heart."

Chip said, "Be careful what you say, Renny; not all of us have seen Dragons before." He then looked to the Dragon, and bowed, "You are rather impressive, honorable Dragon."

Renny said, "Don't worry, Peter; You'll be okay."
    March/24/2008, 12:41 AM
    This version of "Rocket" was so unlike the Valhallan counterpart. His very coloration was different as well. As was his eyes and every scale on his body.

"I sincerely hope Raconuki isn't giving the Tao Crystal Rangers any problems, Professor Rainger," Rocket said in a very Chinese accented voice. "But your son is resourceful and he hasn't disappointed us as yet." Unlike some...

Anarus replied, "I am sure they are giving it their best. But in the meantime, they have visitors, as you can see. Glacyra, Chip, Renny, and Peter. These young boys are on a journey of enlightenment and their quest has brought them here."

Rocket didn't look very impressed. "As Rikki would say... they came seeking a band of rangers who shouldn't even be rangers? But to each their own. They are here now. Ah, I hear the rangers returning. Dragon hearing. You have to love it." He then tucked his head down into his coils and yawned, as he feigned sleep.

And at that moment, echoing up from someplace downstairs and clearly audible through the ventilation system, came the voices of the returning rangers.

"Were you hit in the head in that battle, Rikki?!" said someone who sounded like Janet Renton. "How can you just stop our attack in mid strike and let Raconuki get away?"

"Get out of my face, Janet!" replied someone who sounded like Rikki. "You're starting to sound like Brittney! Never question the powers of the Dark Crystal! I made my choice and that's that! You would think that the chosen of the Water Crystal would have something better to do."

Someone who sounded like Orion then said, "Ren? Aren't you going to break them up?"

The voice of the one who was Ren replied in an adult like manner, "The Fire Crystal tells me that breaking, as you put it, is the job of the Earth Crystal. My job is to cremate my teammates for wandering on to a path of their own instead of working together as a team. We will let Rikki cool off, provided that Janet leaves him alone. Besides, I am not the voice of reason, you know."

The voice of reason, Varvara, then said, "My Wind Crystal is disturbed by a change in the flow of local events. Until I find out what is causing that change, I must not interfere in another element's terrain. Rikki will be fine once he gets some rest and time away from Janet."

Peter arched an eye at how mature the rangers sounded. It wasn't what he was expecting.

Glacyra looked to Chip and Renny, mouthing, 'This Tao team is not like the ones you knew before. I hope you don't regret coming here.'
    March/24/2008, 12:54 AM
    Chip nodded. 'I am respecting the differences, Glacyra, for to my knowledge, I only heard of them through my family.'

Renny said, "They sound cranky, hopefully we won't be in the way of the others." He then look to Peter, and muttered into his ear. "They all are different from what the Dragon Soul'ers knew of them. I dare not want to get on their bad side."
    March/24/2008, 01:14 AM
    And that was when the five came into view and stopped just inside the door. They were all wearing their non-morphed team uniforms, though Rikki had a black leather jacket over his, as was per usual.

Ren said, "Father? Why is Glacyra here again? Is Hastsezini loose?"

Anarus replied, "No, it isn't that. Fortunately. She brought some friends to meet with members of your team. They are on a quest. Rocket has already greeted them."

Rocket then lifted his head out of his coils and said, "Rikki. Could I have a word with you in private please? Now." That last word was very forced.

Rikki gulped as he walked across the rec room to join Rocket in the back portion of the chamber.

Janet whispered, "Busted. Can't say he didn't have it coming to him."

Rocket then said, "Janet. Go to your room and await my call for you. You are busted, as well."

~~~~~~~~~~

The others soon found themselves in the mansion library which doubled as the teams war room. Anarus did not present himself into the team affairs at this point, staying near the rec room as per Rocket's request.

Ren poured himself a glass of white wine at the mini-bar. "So, with the exception of Peter, you are former Rangers from a distant land. It is commendable that you are on a quest, my friends. How may we assist in this part of your quest?"

This version of Ren was clearly an adult and acted the part. Although his spirit of fire was detectable just beneath the surface of his aura.
    March/24/2008, 01:26 AM
    Chip nodded, as he said, "We came to speak with Orion Spencer, and to try to get into contact with a Hengeyokai Rat known as Stanley Thunder. We come to get some counsel, and advice for a certain realization. We were advised by the Moon Goddess Luna to do so." He could sense the auras of the other rangers, and he decided to keep in line while in their presence.

Renny was nervous around them, and stayed quiet. He didn't want to get in the way. He looked to Chip, and said "Should I show them, Chippy?"

Chip rubbed his chin. "It depends on their decision, Renny. We are guests."
    March/24/2008, 01:48 AM
    Orion had been standing with Varvara over at a table map of the world that had Risk pieces all over it. Orion glanced over at the group. "You came to see me? What for?" And then his Earth Crystal glowed somewhat as his eyes landed on Renny. "We can't talk here. Please, join me up in my estate quarters and we will talk there."

~~~~~~~~~~

Glacyra opted to stay in the library with the others, while the private party was moved upstairs to the lavish quarters of Orion Spencer.

Orion pointedly looked at Renny and said openly, "You're a Kitsune. But you look partially human, like myself. How did this happen to you? Or has Prince Raconuki been active in other lands as well other than here?"

Peter was sort of surprised that Orion could spot something like that despite the disguise that Renny was wearing.
    March/24/2008, 01:56 AM
    Renny took off his hat, and brought out his two tails, and let out a sigh. "I was told that it could be my constant use of powerful magic that accellerated my rate of growth as a kitsune. I don't know what happened, but one of my ancestors is of Kitsune descent."

Chip added, "He is in the early stage of his transformation; the tails and the ears were the only two that have started to change Renny. And if we learned of a new evil active in our land, we would've known of it."
    March/24/2008, 02:32 AM
    Orion walked over and locked the door, then he smiled at Renny. "What I am about to do cannot leave this room..."

And with that, he unfastened his pants and let them drop, revealing that he was a kitsune from the waist down. It was like a satyr, only he was still human from the waist up and a one-tailed kitsune from the waist down. "I am an extraterrestrial species known as a Henge'rin Yo'ki, which is for the record... the same name as my home world. We are born looking completely human and we transform as we age. I only have one tail because I have not turned 20, yet. At age 20, my second tail and antennae will appear. By age 40, I will look like an alien fox man with two tails, antennae, and arm and leg blades. After that, among my people, I will be considered to be an adult and I will hope to live for another 400 years. Then, as it is with most of my people... we take the final journey to join with the goddess, where we await the end of existence. Here on Earth, I learned that people with multiple fox tails are called Kitsune. Unfortunately, my species physiology has nothing to do with magic. It is a condition that is as natural as breathing."

He then pulled his pants back up and covered up his foxy parts. "My sister Delya La Ki'lin-ti does have two tails, but she can somehow retain her full human look. She is often fighting space pirates. Now, as for this Stanley Thunder rat... Because he is a Hengeyokai, he is likely not going by his English name. He would be using his Japanese name of Kaminari (his surname) Chikyutasan (his every day name). Alas, I don't know how you will find him, though. I know that isn't very helpful. Chikyutasan will more likely be staying at or near the Horn and Hoof in the countryside hills of Japan. It is a non-human inn and tavern that is actually within a Torii in the middle of nowhere. I hope that helps to a degree, but I can more so add this much... you will find him in one of the Sentai dimensions, but I don't know which one."

Peter then asked, "What part of Renny would you say would change next?"

Orion hummed. "If the tails were first, and then the ears... I would say his feet or legs would be next. I might not be right, but it's a better guess than no guess. If it's the feet, then Renny will experience some foot pain when it happens. Otherwise, it will be pains in both legs, as the legs reshape to the proper species shape."
    March/28/2008, 06:10 PM
    Renny was shocked slightly, but then again, he was distracted by the itching sensation in his ears. "I hope it is the feet, honestly..." He remembered about what Steven told him about the development of the digitigrade legs.

Chip hummed. "Torii... That is like finding a needle in the haystack. We would need to find out which species it has to be if it is a bird..." Unlike his younger brother, Chip only knew a little Japanese, and couldn't read the untranslated manga.
    March/28/2008, 07:43 PM
    Orion grinned. "A Torii isn't a bird, Chip. It's a spirit archway made of stone or bamboo, in some cases. Think of it as shaped like a high jump bar set way too high." He then showed the boys a picture of a Torii from a book he had in his personal library. "That is a Torii."

Peter hummed. "The stylized arch things you see all over Japan. I've seen those before, but I didn't know they were called Torii."
    March/28/2008, 08:12 PM
    Chip's eyes widened, as he brought out his Japanese-English dictionary. "I may have gotten that wrong... Oh... what a mess." He then thumbed through the dictionary... "Ah... I see... Tori is a bird... Torii is an archway..."

Renny facepalmed himself. How embarrassing...
    March/28/2008, 08:46 PM
    Orion smiled again. "Don't let it bother you, Chip. Like the Terran language, Japanese has slight differences that are sometimes too subtle to realize. Are you done with me now? I do need to get back with the others in case Prince Raconuki tries something again."
    March/28/2008, 09:16 PM
    Renny smiled, as he thanked Orion. "You were helpful, Orion-sama. Thank you..."

Chip sulked. "Even Britton can speak fluent Japanese, and he doesn't have any of it in his blood..." He then looked up at Renny. "Showing off, Renny Reinger?"

Renny giggled. "Come on, Chippy... we'll look for someone that can help you speak fluent Japanese..." He wasn't planning on using a spell to do it, either.
    March/28/2008, 09:23 PM
    Orion led the three boys back downstairs, just as Ren and the others dashed into the main hallway. "Come on, Orion! Raconuki just appeared again!" exclaimed Ren.

Orion smiled at Chip, Renny, and Peter. "Duty calls, guys. Good luck with your quest." Then he turned to Ren. "Raconuki butt beating time! I'm ready when you guys are!"

Peter smiled. "Good luck in your fight, Orion."

And then, the Tao Rangers all dashed off for the transport polls that led to their vehicle hangar.

Glacyra then stepped out of an alcove. "Where to now, Chip? The Winter Owl Zord is ready for our next destination."
    March/28/2008, 09:36 PM
    Chip then said, "I think I need to take a visit to Dreamtrail Japan. I think Britton will be there, if I am wrong, he may have went to Medievon." He then said. "I need to brush up on Nihongo." Chip was a bit stressed by the fact that he couldn't master the dialect.

Renny grinned, as he scratched his ears. "Little Chippy-chan doesn't know enough Japanese." He winked, before he told Glacyra about what they have to do to visit Kaminari Chikyutasan.
    March/28/2008, 09:55 PM
    Some time later, the guys and Glacyra were aboard the Winter Owl Zord leaving Dreamtime and re-entering Dreamtrail near the area of Japan. Glacyra said, "Where can we usually find Britton at, Chip?"

Peter was watching the scenery out of the porthole window.
    March/28/2008, 10:16 PM
    Chip took out his GNR Comic that contained the Doragonger team-up and his Crimson Gripper. "Let's see if he responds to the communication. Otherwise, our adventure won't be in vain. Kwon's brother, Wan should be around." He then activated his Crimson Gripper. "Britton, do you read?"

Britton responded. "I am in a middle of a date, Chip. What do you need?"

Chip replied. "A lesson in Japanese."

Britton spent a moment telling his girlfriend what was going on, before replying to Chip. "Where are you?"

The Crimson Paladin replied. "We are nearing Japan right now, Britt."

Britton said, "Go into Tokyo, and meet me at a Ramen stand near a corporate building owned by SCRTC in an hour. Got it?"

"Sure." Chip replied, before he deactivated his Crimson Gripper. "I hate when I disturb Britton when he's in Japan."

Renny looked to Chip, and smiled, as he scratched his ears once again... "I think I am Scratching right now." He laughed, before heading over to Peter. "What is wrong, Peter? Are you okay?"
    March/28/2008, 10:39 PM
    Peter smiled, still looking out the window. "Just admiring the scenery, Renny. I just hope you aren't going to need some flea powder or a anti-tick collar eventually."

Glacyra piloted the Winter Owl through the skies of Tokyo, getting the attention of many observers, and brought it in for a landing just across the street from the Ramen Stand. Glacyra then unsheathed her battle sword and stepped outside of the Zord and stood at the ready. "I'll wait here for you, Chip. Unless there is something around here you want me to freeze solid..."
    March/28/2008, 10:58 PM
    Chip grinned. "Unless the three evil Princesses come around, then you won't have to bother with freezing anything." He winked, before looking to the skies. "But I suggest leaving them to RUSH. If I remember correctly, this is their domain."

Renny smiled, as he helped Peter out of the Zord. "Come on... maybe some real ramen will quench your appetite."
    March/28/2008, 11:14 PM
    Peter smiled, allowing Renny to help him. "Um, aren't you afraid of what the locals here in Japan will say about a boy with fox ears, Renny? I know your tails are hidden, but the ears are getting harder to hide. I think they are still growing a little. They look bigger than they were at Orion's room."
    March/29/2008, 03:44 PM
    An elderly anthro cat came out of the corporate building with his two former students, and the president of the company, all talking in fluent Japanese.

Renny smiled, as he replied, "I don't think that would be a problem, unless I am a monster. Hope they don't make that confusion." He then walked to catch up with Chip, scratching his ears.

A while later, Britton walked up, and said. "Tell me you aren't abandoning your team, Chip."

Chip shook his head, as he muttered about what was going on with Renny, and the Dojo Master nodded in understanding. However, Chip then began to tell him what was going on at Lexington's dojo.

Britton's eyes widened. "What?! I can't believe that for one second!"

The Knight sighed. "It's true, Britt. Seth is on his own out there."
    March/29/2008, 08:54 PM
    "Chip is telling the truth, Sensei Britton. I was the student that was getting the shaft by the others down there. Master Seth is just overwhelmed, what with Sensei Lexington in bed and Vlad still recovering," said Peter. "The only thing I ever learned from the masters down there was tea making... otherwise, I was always doing the other student's chores for them. Sensei Lexington gave me permission to travel with Chip and Renny on their quest. I was curious to see how it would end."

Glacyra chuckled quietly, as she was using her powers to provide ice cream cones for young passerby children. Though what she was really wanting to do was get into a fight eventually.
    March/29/2008, 09:34 PM
    Britton sighed. "As soon as I am done here, I'll head for Australia to help out. There is no way that this behavior can be tolerated... in a dojo, or in the real world." He then looked to Chip. "In the meantime, let us have ramen."

After buying the bowls of Ramen, Chip, Britton, and Renny all said, "Itadakimasu*!" before starting to eat their food.

*Itadakimasu is often said before starting meals in Japan.
    March/30/2008, 12:15 AM
    Peter ate Ramen, as well, actually enjoying it.

Glacyra continued to keep watch, though it was a familiar young man approaching the group that actually caught her attention. For the young man was not only wearing a morpher, but he seemed to have an unseen Japanese Crow Hengeyokai riding on his shoulder. Is that... a Sentai Renjaa or some threat?

The young man stopped within a few feet of the Ramen Stand and after he got a bowl of Ramen, he glanced at the group and exclaimed in English, "Crimson Paladin? What are the Shark Squadron doing in Japan? Ivan Ooze hasn't dared to come here."

It was Wan Kiau, the Green Samurai Hero.
    March/30/2008, 12:36 AM
    Chip looked up, and hummed. "Wan... it's been a while. Actually, Renny and I are just passing through in our travels."

Renny waved a hand at Wan, before itching his ears. "Hello, Wan, it has been a while."

Britton smiled. "I am often around, I have a tie to Japan. Chip wants to learn to speak Japanese. He wants to brush up before he has to go look for Kaminari-sama.
    March/30/2008, 01:24 AM
    Wan smiled, as his Crow companion materialized on his shoulder. "We are fortunate that the princesses don't cause trouble all the time." He winked. "A Japanese lesson, is it? And they are searching for Kaminari the Hengeyokai Rat? Then they will be looking for the Horn and Hoof Torii Nexus. I know where it is, but... no one in there speaks English. And Chip will need some lessons before any attempt to go there occurs."
    March/30/2008, 01:41 AM
    Care to help out, Kiau-san? Britton asked. I am a bit rusty when it comes to teaching Japanese.

Chip hummed. "Something about Japanese..." He then got out his Japanese-English dictionary. "This is so confusing..."

Renny whispered to Peter. "Wan is the twin of one of our teammates; his brother owes his life to Owen for saving him and his Wan from the Dark Forces last year."
    March/30/2008, 02:11 AM
    Wan and his companion grinned at each other with a wink, then Wan replied, "There is an easy way to learn Japanese, ...and there is a hard way to learn Japanese. Which way would you prefer, Chip? The easy way or the hard way?" Switching back and forth between the languages in mid-sentence.

Peter whispered back to Renny, helping him scratch the itchy fur areas, "Wan acts like he's having fun speaking in both languages to Chip. While Chip is learning Japanese, you can I could maybe doing something else, yes?"
    March/30/2008, 02:21 AM
    Chip felt as if he was a GekiJyuKen Kensei getting in trouble for slipping from his oath not to fight. He said stupidly, "Is there an easy way to learn how to speak Japanese?"

Renny smiled, as his ears got some relief thanks to Peter's help. "Of course, Peter. What do you have in mind?"
    March/30/2008, 02:53 AM
    Wan's Crow companion replied in fluent Japanese, "The easy way is to acquire a Hengeyokai Spirit Animal companion and allow yourself to be permanently linked to it."

Wan smiled with a sigh. "Chip doesn't understand that, Khan. He said, The easy way is to acquire a Hengeyokai Spirit Animal companion and allow yourself to be permanently linked to it."

Peter scratched some more on Renny's itchy fur. "We're in Japan, so maybe there are some more accurate books or scrolls on the Kitsune people someplace. Yes?"
    April/02/2008, 11:17 PM
    Chip was conflicted about doing into the easy way for learning Japanese, but he sighed, and rubbed his chin. "I think that I have no other choice... I'll go with what the crow is offering."

Renny blinked, scratching the vacant ear. "If we find a library, then how are we going to read the Japanese text? I can only speak enough Japanese to get me through the door, but I don't know how to read it."
    April/05/2008, 09:51 AM
    The Crow Companion cackled, as he replied in Japanese, "THIS is the willpower of the MIGHTY Western Power Rangers? He accepts the EASY way that easily?!" Then he grinned directly at Chip and in perfect English, he said, "What is your favorite Japanese animal, Westerner?"

Peter oh'ed. "Sorry, Renny. I just thought that because you could speak it, you could read it. But you study magic, right? Don't you know a translate written scripts spell or something?"
    April/06/2008, 04:50 PM
    Britton rolled his eyes. "Nii-chan* finds it hard to study Japanese, Honorable Crow... Aniki** will try earnestly to explain it to him later."

Chip hummed, as he thought of a Japanese animal that he liked. Then he jogged his head for the japanese name for it... "Kame... I don't know if I said that right, but my favorite creature is a turtle."

At that moment, Britton smiled.

Renny hummed, as he smiled. "Translation Magic isn't too strong of a magic. Let's see if we can find a Library." Renny is sure glad that Kwon taught him some Japanese."

*Nii-chan is a Japanese term for brother.
    **Aniki is the Japanese term for eldest brother.
    April/07/2008, 01:13 AM
    The Crow Companion smiled at Chip. "I know where some Hengeyokai Kame live and I can take you there so you can acquire one for your link. They are not in heat, this time of the year, luckily for you, but once you link with one, you and he must stay together for the rest of his life. Do you still want to do this?"

~~~~~

Peter and Renny walk into a nearby quaint Japanese library and after a minor inquiry, find themselves in a normally off limits back room full of scrolls, tomes, maps, and pictures of various oriental mythical creatures. It takes less than a second for the two to find the Kitsune picture just about a stack of tomes, scrolls, and maps.

Peter smiled. "I like how these pictures look, Renny."
    April/20/2008, 04:23 PM
    Chip looked at the crow, and said, "There are some things I would do for my boyfriend, and to help him, I would do this." He remembered that a particular friend liked turtles but couldn't have pets, and it would give him a chance to make Russell jealous...

Renny looked at the scrolls, and smiled. "Kawaii... but if you like to read about Kitsunes, a magical translation is in order." He then took out his gold wand, and waved it around the scrolls, translating it into plain English. "There we go..." He then read one of the scrolls, still itching his ears.
    April/20/2008, 04:57 PM
    The Crow Companion looked to Wan and said, "We must take Chip to the Kame Grotto. When he gains his companion, we can bring them back here. But after that, we must resume our search for the Princesses. We know they will eventually strike somewhere."

Wan smiled at Chip. "Whenever you're ready, old friend." He looked to Britton. "I will return him here after a while. If you have something you want to do, like run around with that right pretty lady," he winked. "You can go do that."

~~~~~

Peter hummed, glad to be able to read the scrolls now. "This one says that Kitsune Clans favor jungles in locations far removed from humans. It goes on to say that a Clan leader has the power, even through intercourse... urg... to change a human into a Kitsune, if the Clan leader so chooses to do. It also says that Kitsune use transformation on people to teach them harmless lessons. Well, generally harmless... depending upon the situation." He looked to Renny. "Can you use transformation spells?"
    April/20/2008, 05:18 PM
    Renny hummed. "I learned one type of spell when we were working with the Courageans and the American Eight." He then smiled at the thought of Mousy Evan. "Almost got into trouble for removing Evan's facial scar once when I was healing a Shark bite." He then read the other scrolls.

"It is also said that Kitsunes (disguised as human females) would marry humans, and in some cases of abandonment they would send their spouse away, and when he would return, face the dishonor of the abandonment of his family." Renny then looked up, and said. "I would never do that to Chippy."

Chip nodded, as he placed his Crimson Gripper into his bag. "I am ready... have everything with me."

Britton hummed. "I think I should visit some of the Doragonger. See how Koichi and Koji are doing. Maybe have tea with Master Ryuu."
    April/20/2008, 06:19 PM
    Peter hummed. "It says here in this scroll that Kitsune outlive their mortal mates, appearing young even when their mortal mates are so old that they can't go on. And the Kitsune... offer to kill their mate so the mate can rest peacefully, and thus releasing the Kitsune to go on to take another mate."

He looked to Renny. "How awful. I don't think you are like what these scrolls say at all."

~~~~~

Wan nodded his head and held Chip by one arm, as he nodded to his Crow Companion and in the blink of an eye, the trio were simply gone.

Glacyra blinked her eyes when she saw Chip disappear. "He better come back or I will have to use my Glacier powers on Japan."

At a distant location within the mountain lair of the Samurai Heroes, Wan led Chip through a cavern and into a cool cavern of warm misty vapors. And out in a pool of water sitting in a circle were a group of Hengeyokai Turtles. They looked a lot like the TMNT without any of the gear.

The Crow Companion said, "Kame Hengeyokai kinsmen. Hon Lonewolf Chip, this youth, needs to link with a companion so he may learn Japanese and more. He has chosen your species to link with. Who among you will permit such a linking?"

One Kame said, "With a family surname like that, why didn't he go for the Ookami?"

This produced several chuckles throughout the cavern.

Then, an older Hengeyokai Kame arose from the waters with a younger Hengeyokai Kame and together walked out toward the group of humans and the Crow. "We have heard the request. There is honor in linking to one of the outside world. My son will become Lonewolf Chip's Turtle Companion. Once the link is secured, only Chip will be able to see him, unless he chooses otherwise. My son's name is Kamzilla and he is small now. But he will grow to be a mighty guardian companion. Will Lonewolf Chip accept my son as his Spirit Companion?" The two Turtles then bowed low and slowly.
    April/20/2008, 06:57 PM
    Renny wasn't happy, yet he wasn't mad either about the facts that he had learned. "That is something that I would never like to do..." He then said. "I would not end up like that... I love Chip."

Chip smiled, as he bowed to the Hengeyokai Kame family. "I will accept Kamzilla-san as my companion, honorable Kame. He brings a lot of honor in his presence."
    April/20/2008, 07:17 PM
    Peter hugged Renny. "I know you wouldn't. But these scrolls were written by humans. Perhaps it is not true for what they reported. Are you still feeling itchy?" He was now checking out Renny's seemingly larger feet. "Um, Renny... your poor shoes are probably going to hate you soon. Your feet are pulsing."

~~~~~

The older Kame said to Kamzil, a shorted honorific, "Give Lonewolf Chip your Spirit Pearl for which he will swallow it to fully link himself to you for the rest of his life. Go ahead."

Wan simply stayed back and watched. He knew what was involved in this. He had to do the same thing when he got his own companion. Though he didn't get a companion to learn Japanese. He got one to learn his Spirit Sponsor's powers. Which he was still learning, honestly.
    April/20/2008, 07:41 PM
    Renny untied the shoes quickly and tried to take them off, but the shoes were not liking him already. He was hiding the pain for the time they were studying. "Help me get them off please... Onegai onegai?"

Kamzil bowed to his father. "Tou-san... Arigato." He then placed the Spirit Pearl in his hands, and walked forward to Chip. "Swallow this, Chip-sama, Onegaishimasu." He then bowed to Chip, without dropping it.

The redhead then bowed to Kamzil, and smiled. "Domo Arigato, Kamzil-sama." He then took the Spirit Pearl, and stuck it in his mouth. Chip then swallowed the pearl, letting out a sigh and a sour face for a split second.
    April/20/2008, 08:00 PM
    Peter quickly sat on the floor and tugged hard on one shoe, until it popped off, nearly sending him rolling. Then he quickly worked on the other foot until that shoe also came off, though both shoes were slightly ripped along the seams and looked worse than they were.

Peter then picked up Renny's shoes and stood up with them. "How do you feel, Renny? At this rate, you'll be a two-tailed fox in less than a week. At least it was your feet. Orion was sure that it was going to be your legs."

~~~~~

Wan smiled as the Turtle Companion then floated up and landed on Chip's shoulder, weighing literally nothing, surprisingly. "Well done, Chip. How do you feel? If you focus just a little, you should be able to understand Japanese easily now. Speaking it, even with a companion, takes some practice."

The Crow Companion said, "Fortunately, your companion can choose to not be seen nor be with you unless you or he wills it."
    April/20/2008, 08:24 PM
    Renny panted a bit, relieved that his shoes were off him, at last. "At least those death traps are off of my feet. They really hurt!" He then tried to massage his feet, hoping that his pain would go away. "I think I should've borrowed Owen's screener If it was going to be this fast..."

Kamzil smiled, as he spoke in Japanese. "Unless you will it, you will be the only one who sees me, Chip-san."

Chip focused a little to understand what Kamzil was saying, and smiled. "Arigato, Kamsil-sama." He then looked to Wan. "I think we should get back, and check on Renny and Peter, Wan."
    April/20/2008, 09:46 PM
    Peter said, "Perhaps we should return to the Winter Owl Zord, Renny. When your legs change, it is going to rip your pants all too pieces and I don't think we want to be out in public when that happens. Let's go. Now."

And Peter led Renny out of the library and back toward the Rice Stand where they had arrived originally.

~~~~~

Wan nodded his head and held on to Chip and teleported back to city, where they arrived just in time to see Peter and Renny running toward the Winter Owl Zord.

Wan said, "I wonder what happened, Chip? And why was Peter carrying Renny's shoes?"
    April/20/2008, 10:19 PM
    So Orion was right about one thing about Renny... something involving his legs would change... "Seems like his transformation has continued." Chip replied, while hearing his Crimson Gripper go off, showing that there was a text from Britton. "Britton decided that taking care of our little brother's dojo was more important; he teleported to Australia." He then put away his Gripper, and said "I think I should get going with them." He then bowed to Wan and Crow. "Thank you for your help."

Kamzil appeared to bow to the crow and Wan. "Thank you for letting me have this opportunity to bond with a human."

Renny was worried, though they were getting closer and closer to the Winter Owl Zord. "Why are we running so fast, Peter?" He asked, wincing with each step.
    April/20/2008, 10:28 PM
    Peter replied, "Would you rather end up naked on the streets of Tokyo? There are ladies around, Renny."

Wan nodded his head. "Don't forget that your next stop is to talk to Stanley, Chip. Hopefully he will be able to suggest something concerning Renny. I must continue my search for the Princesses. Sayonara, my friend." And he walked off down the street once again.

Glacyra cocked her head when Peter and Renny ran inside the zord, then she looked over at Chip. "I assume we need to get going now, yes?"
    April/20/2008, 11:01 PM
    Renny looked to Glacyra. "We are just being cautious, Glacyra; my feet are transforming, and they hurt like Hell."

Chip walked into the Zord, and checked on Renny's feet. "Are you okay, Renny? I was worried when I saw both of you running." He then started to think about what the next location would be. "I forgot to ask which Torii to go to so we can find Stanley Thunder!"

Kamzil said to Chip. "It is okay, Chip-san. There are other possibilities than a Torii to find a Hengeyokai."
    April/20/2008, 11:11 PM
    Peter said, "I suggested for Renny to quickly come back here. I was afraid that he would rip out of his clothes in public. The library had the most horrible things to say about Kitsune, Chip."

Glacyra sat in the pilot's seat, then said, "So where would you like me to fly the Winter Owl Zord, Chip? We can go sightseeing around the countryside, if you want. It's up to you. Or we could get back on your quest."
    April/20/2008, 11:44 PM
    Chip then rubbed his chin slowly. "There are three places we can go to; Correlon Dimension, Nebula Dimension, and SunRaven Dimension. However, if we go to SunRaven, the only access point I know of is Mount Atlantis, and we have to talk to Owen."

Renny smiled. "Doesn't Lex's Dragon Ranger counterpart live there, too?"

The redhead nodded his head. "We may have to find them to help us. However, We should not meddle in the Dragon Fury Rangers' affairs. What do you think, Peter?"
    April/20/2008, 11:54 PM
    Peter hummed. "Doesn't Lord Thunderbird's mountain connect to all of the dimensions?"

Glacyra smiled. "Actually it does. Even to Toonmasters, Dreamwolf, Lohbon, Hendricks and Johnson, and even the Sham! universe. But this is Chip's and Renny's quest. I will fly them where ever they want to go."
    April/21/2008, 12:12 AM
    Chip then said. "When I read about SunRaven, it is said that a mage sealed all access to SunRaven, but left one INP open that goes to Mount Atlantis under a stoic Atlantean shark's protection." He then looked to Renny. "Where do you think we should go, first, Renny?"

Renny swished his tails, and said. "I would like to go to SunRaven, and see what people are like there."

The Knight nodded. "Then we'll see about going there next. Mount Atlantis would be our next destination." He then looked to his shoulder. "You'd like the ocean view there, Kamzil-sama."

Renny raised an eyebrow. "Kamzil-sama?"

Chip then said. "It is safe to show yourself, Kamzil-sama."

The Hengeyokai Kame appeared before everyone in the room, looking so uber-kyoote. Before he could say something, Renny's eyes looked at the Turtle. "Kawaii Kame-kun! Such a beautiful creature!"
    April/21/2008, 12:18 AM
    Glacyra nodded her head. "I am laying in a course for Mount Atlantis right now. We'll be there shortly. I just hope Owen doesn't think I am attacking. He's never seen the Winter Owl Zord, has he?" She winked, and the Winter Owl was flying once again.

Peter had resumed helping Renny scratch his itchy furry parts.
    April/21/2008, 12:29 AM
    Renny smiled as he got the treatment. "You are pretty good with your fingers, Peter."

Kamzil blushed, and hid in his shell from the compliment. Chip chuckled, as he said, "He'll probably be cranky because I took a temporary leave from the team. I think you'll be okay if I warn them five minutes before landing."

End of Adventure Two.
    sigpic
Working...
X