Collapse
No announcement yet.

[GNR-SQ2] DMC-02: Evolution

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GNR-SQ2] DMC-02: Evolution

Dragon Memoir Chronicles
    Quest Two: Evolution
    A Round Robin Adventure written by
    Lexington "Chip" Lonewolf and Darrel James Vanwinkle
    01/05/2014

Lord Pouchlaw came to the training grounds after the last entry.

He told me what Peter had thought of me since I left. I wouldn't blame Peter for saying so; it hurt too much for me to be at the Station, anymore. He also told me the sad news that Lexie was in the early stage of pregnancy when he was turned to ash. He had asked the Arranger to have Ray carry the unborn child to term. I felt my parental urges kicking in, but he said he and Ray were willing to raise the child, and unite me with him as soon as I found the closure between me and Lexington. For once I felt sad that I couldn't be a part of my son's life. Dominic Jeffrey isn't going to be able to have his daddy in his life and that makes me sad.

But since Pouchlaw birthed many joeys before I was born, I know he was looking out of the child. At least he thought that my name choice was better than what Ray was coming up with.

But the thought that Lexie died carrying my third child with him... his fourth. And not know that he was expecting when he was hit by that Demondragon's breath weapon. I wouldn't be able to face the twins knowing that their father was pregnant when he died. Did Lexie actually know... or did Lexie never had the symptoms before battle? That is what I worry about.
    sigpic

When Varvara had brought Seth back from cleaning his rings, Rocket sniffed the rings and gave the approving nod of his head.

"No more bad scent, Seth," he said. "It must have been a transfer smell from a villain you fought in times past. But the scent is gone now. The team is ready to make their trip. Mike, Timmy, and Jack Set are coming along this time. Janet, of all people, says she knows a good place to start our search for the Dragon Guardians."

"I do know the best place and it's not the house of high heels, either," Janet said as she was seen securing her morpher bracelet around her wrist. "Lord Thunderbird's own son in the new team swears that he is the son of a postal employee and he says he had never heard of a man named Thunderbird. And that means something fishy is going on. Lord Thunderbird's mountain is the best place to start our search because that mountain is yet another INP. If anyone knows what's going on across many worlds it would be him. And if he gives us the old 'Who's Lionel' crap, I'll end his ability to make eggs."

Deryk Dark smiled remembering that his actual last name is Darcangelo (a literal Dark Angel,) but everyone always referred to him as 'Dark'. "Ah think we should suit up before making the trip. Mike, Timmy? Rocket was finally able to get yer morpher bracelets finished. There weren't many colors left, but Ah think yas will be okay with the choices. Just do as we do." He then looked at his team and Cutter, "Let's do it, mates! Music, Maestro, please!"

Rocket giggled and he made an oriental music tune as the group shouted, "Fortune, Power Up! Ha!"

Deryk's red bracelet glowed, as the Tao symbol emerged forth, enveloping Deryk in it's white and black swirls! His white gloves and boots appeared first, adorned with the Tao symbols, as an image of a flaming inferno appeared behind him. His body became covered in a one-piece dark-red/light-red uniform, as his head was covered by a helmet with a silver mouth-piece and a horizontal diamond shaped black visor. Deryk shouted, "Red Yin-Yang Ranger! Fire!"

Orion's yellow bracelet glowed, as the Tao symbol emerged forth, enveloping Orion in it's white and black swirls! His white gloves and boots appeared first, adorned with the Tao symbols, as an image of jagged yellow rocks appeared behind him. His body became covered in a one-piece yellowish-brown uniform, as his head was covered by a helmet with a silver mouth-piece and a horizontal diamond shaped black visor. Orion shouted, "Yellow Yin-Yang Ranger! Earth!"

Janet's blue bracelet glowed, as the Tao symbol emerged forth, enveloping Janet in it's white and black swirls! Her white gloves and boots appeared first, adorned with the Tao symbols, as an image of rogue blue tidal waves appeared behind her. Her body became covered in a one-piece blue uniform, as her head was covered by a helmet with a silver mouth-piece and a horizontal diamond shaped black visor. Janet shouted, "Blue Yin-Yang Ranger! Water!"

Varvara's green bracelet glowed, as the Tao symbol emerged forth, enveloping Varvara in it's white and black swirls! Her white gloves and boots appeared first, adorned with the Tao symbols, as the image of green leaves in a wind storm appeared behind her. Her body became covered in a one-piece green uniform, as her head was covered by a helmet with a silver mouth-piece and a horizontal diamond shaped black visor. Varvara shouted, "Green Yin-Yang Ranger! Wind!"

Rikki's black bracelet glowed, as the Tao symbol emerged forth, enveloping Rikki in it's white and black swirls! His black gloves and boots appeared first, adorned with the Tao symbols, as the images of a majestic black panther silhouetted before an eclipsed sun appeared behind him. His body became covered in a one-piece black/off-black uniform, as his head was covered by a helmet with a silver mouth-piece and a horizontal diamond shaped black visor. Rikki shouted, "Black Yin-Yang Ranger! Shadow!"

Wally's white bracelet glowed, as the Tao symbol emerged forth, enveloping Wally in it's white and black swirls! His white gloves and boots appeared first, adorned with the Tao symbols, as the images of a glowing unicorn and a giant lion appeared behind him. His body became covered in a one-piece gold/silver uniform, as his head was covered by a helmet with a silver mouth-piece and a horizontal diamond shaped black visor. Wally shouted, "White Yin-Yang Ranger! Light!"

Mike's grey bracelet glowed, as the Tao symbol emerged forth, enveloping Mike in it's white and black swirls! His grey gloves and boots appeared first, adorned with the Tao symbols, as an image of a raging storm and swords of steel clashed behind him. His body became covered in a one-piece storm grey/silver uniform, as his head was covered by a helmet with a silver mouth-piece and a horizontal diamond shaped black visor. Mike shouted, "Steel Yin-Yang Ranger! Metal!"

Timmy's purple bracelet glowed, as the Tao symbol emerged forth, enveloping Timmy in it's white and black swirls! His purple gloves and boots appeared first, adorned with the Tao symbols, as an image of fireworks at night and magic fairy sparkles appeared behind him. His body became covered in a one-piece indigo/purple uniform, as his head was covered by a helmet with a silver mouth-piece and a horizontal diamond shaped black visor. Timmy shouted, "Purple Yin-Yang Ranger! Magic!"

Jack Set the Jackalite invoked his god, "Amon Set!" And in a flash, he was covered in battle armor with a set of Egyptian sickle-swords, one in each hand, which he fastened unto his weapons belt. A partial Egyptian helm made for Jackals then settled over his head as he struck his final pose with a growl. "Blood shall run red this night for I am the Night Jackal Ranger!"

Cutter struck a pose, as he raised his bracer on high and shouted, "'awk Storm Spirit Power!" The images of twelve Native American spirit animals in circles appeared in the background slowly revolving at first then revolving faster until they stopped on a black nightmare stallion over a red moon. The morphing sequence took hold as his body glowed brightly, his ranger costume and helmet appeared over his body which was followed by the arrival of his Red Moon Sea Swallow. "Red 'awk Storm Ranger!"

Rikki grinned at Seth and asked, "Are you going as is or will you be suiting up for nostalgia's sake?"

Comment

Seth smiled towards the others. "We Dragon Soul'ers don't have music, but that doesn't stop us from morphing! Let's Dragon Up!"

Seth brought out his Dragon Comm Morpher and Power Coin, and struck a fighting pose. “Sea Wyrm of Legend!” He then placed the coin into his morpher. “Soul Awaken!” As the sequence began, Seth was standing on the ocean floor, as a green sea wyrm swimming above him unleashed oceanic energy upon the human. As the energy faded, Seth was in his full buff ranger suit, with black boots, green and black gloves, and golden accents! Seth struck a battle pose, as the green sea wyrm swam down and configured itself into a helmet, which secured itself to the warrior nicely. When the SWAT Armor enhanced his suit, Seth struck another fighting pose, and shouted, “Green Sea Wyrm Ranger! Soul of Legend!”

"Green Sea Wyrm Ranger, at your service." Seth said, keeping his Dragon Dagger holstered; another weapon once held by Dr. Tommy Oliver.
      sigpic

Comment

Rocket curled up around Orion's ranger neck and said, "Okay, stay together... I am teleporting us to Thunderbird Mountain; directly to his front doors. We've been there before so it shouldn't be a problem getting an audience with him, right?"

One teleport later, however...

The rangers found themselves blocked from the door by what looked like Eagle Warriors with Native American weapons. The doors were closed and they were letting no one get through.

Rocket flew up and hovered in place. "I don't recall Lord Thunderbird having these guys..."

Cutter said, "Wait a moment, Rocket... let me approach them alone. Ah was just up 'ere last week with Anton and these guys weren't 'ere then. Per'aps they will permit me words with them." And he held out his hands to show he was not holding weapons as he slowly approached the front of the warriors and quietly spoke to them.

After a few minutes, they did indeed open the large doors. "They tell me that they 'ave always dwelt on the mountain but only recently were they asked to guard the doors. They told me that Lord Thunderbird 'ad been attacked recently and 'e is recovering within 'is chambers. So follow me and no funny business. We do not want to fight these guys because losing a battle with them would transform us into demorphed normal eagles who can't talk. And Ah don't think we want that."

Once inside and down the corridor into the throne room, everyone got to see the state of disrepair within the chamber. From the scorch marks and claw marks all over the chamber, a terrific battle had occurred there very recently. And apparently Lord Thunderbird only barely won and was now injured. Further within, they encountered a teenage boy wearing Kamen Rider battle armor guarding another large door.

"Come no further and-" he paused when he saw Cutter. "Thank the Shaman Spirits, Cutter! I am glad you came! Father is very injured!" This was neither Peregrine Seward nor the Lionel Seward of Dragon Guardians. This was that third son who was only mentioned a few times yet never seen... until now. "Please, come inside. Um... who are they?"

Cutter arched an eye. "They are the Yin-Yang team from Van Buren, Missouri. Ah 'ave mentioned them many times since my own 'alf-brother is their leader. Why is it yas do not know them?"

"Because I have never heard of them, Cutter. You have never mentioned them to me. Perhaps you should speak to father about this."

Cutter shot a glance at the others and Seth. "Now we know something is up. I thought everyone on Adalia knew the legend of Planet Janet and her team. Let's go see Thunderbird and watch Janet end his egg making ability."

Within the sleeping chambers, Lord Thunderbird saw the doors open from his bed and then he weakly smiled. "Seth Sidarius from Dragon Soul. Er..." He was looking at the others and it was clear he was having trouble placing who they were. This was NOT a good sign.

Comment

It was the worst that I've ever seen Lord Thunderbird, even if it was so long ago. And seeing him forget who the Yin-Yang Rangers were. I wasn't sorry for going, but - may Thunderbird forgive me for this - He looked as if he swallowed a canary!

Seth looked towards the Yin-Yang Rangers as if to ask them to let him speak. He then looked to the ailing Lord Thunderbird said, "You remember me, Lord Thunderbird," said Seth with a bow, then asking something to not be too forward after Thunderbird's puzzled look toward the others. "But what do you remember of the time where me, my now-husband, and a bunch of rag-tag rangers and shamans including your son Lionel being sent to Dreamtime to save Deryk Devlin of Adalia?"
          sigpic

Comment

"I remember such an outing, but I need to warn you, Seth... the attack on me has consequences that affect the entire world and then some. I was attacked by Dyrkonix himself. He caught me by surprise and threw some sort of spell on me before I could raise any defenses, and then he physically attacked me. He almost had me until... my third son came home unexpectedly and banished Dyrkonix through an Underworld Spell Seal. A Banishing lasts for a thousand years only and while banished, he cannot return to the surface physical plane for any reason. My son helped me to my bed and that was when I felt the entire mountain shift. As if all of Adalia's top layer slid off to reveal another layer that was beneath it."

Varvara said, "And because our team was stuck in Dreamwolf 1942 at the time, we were spared the same fate. But what I don't understand is why those locally in our hometown still remember our Ranger team, but everywhere else people are told our names and ask who we are and where we suddenly came from. Apparently the reality slide didn't affect every location. Our friends and family knew who we were on sight. But I noticed that you never fully answered Seth's question. Lionel Seward of the Dragon Guardians ranger team who is your son. We met a Lionel Seward recently who cannot remember being your son."

Lord Thunderbird hummed for a moment. "The reality slide likely threw anyone who was on Adalia before into the Shadow World and they are still there wondering why the night never ends. It is very likely that my sons Lionel and Peregrine and their team are with them right now. I knew I had three sons, but only one was home and then I couldn't sense the others nor their locations. Cutter... lead your friends to my INP Access Chamber and fasten the INP Portal Generator to your belt. With it, you can open an INP anywhere you have to. You will need it to access Shadow World since it apparently has no connected INPs. It is like the time that Crusader Mountain was stuck Outside Time after Auklivok screwed up a spell."

Comment

Seth said, "I remember hearing something about that. My brother Owen was instrumental in restoring the mountain to all the worlds, but he passed out from the strain it caused him." He then said, with a look of concern on his face "If he has to restore a planet in his state of change, it might end him."
              sigpic

Comment

"Which is why he should not do it. Any ranger or rider teams currently missing are likely stuck in the Shadow World. To bring them back, you would have to find a way to merge the Shadow World back into the current Adalia. However... that would NOT delete the new teams that came out of nowhere. You would simply have to get used to their existing."

Janet smiled. "Can't wait for the Dragon Guardians to meet the Guardian Dragons. That would be zany."

Wally said, "If we merge the two worlds back together, would that also restore everyone's memories on the planet?"

Lord Thunderbird nodded his beak. "Actually, yes. It would. You have my permission to use my INP Portal Generator. Go and may the powers of good and the light protect you. I need my rest."

Later, in the INP Access Chamber, Seth and the Yin-Yang team got to see portals out the wazoo leading to every possible world that existed... except for Shadow World. For that, Cutter was attaching the generator to his belt.

"Okay," said Cutter. "Ah 'ave the Portal Generator. "Are we ready to visit the dark side? Even if yas aren't, 'ere we go." And he activated the INP Portal Generator and opened a large rectangular INP portal and started helping people go through it until it was just him and Seth. "Now let us see what Shadow World is like." And they both went through the portal.

Shadow World

They arrived in what looked like Adalia's Briarwood. And it seemed to be night time. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except it was night time. But it was certainly quiet where the were.

"This is... spooky, guys," said Orion. "That digital bank clock says it is 10 AM here. But it is clearly night time. Welcome to Shadow World. Now we need to find any rangers we can."

Deryk Dark hummed. "Then we should be able to do this..." He raised his communicator on his morpher and activated it. "This is Deryk Dark of Yin-Yang calling any ranger team on this strange dark world. If yas can 'ear me, please answer." And boy was there ever replies! Several hero teams were currently stuck in Shadow World. Dyrkonix almost succeeded in removing ALL of Adalia's original Ranger and Rider teams. Deryk looked at Seth again. "Be glad the stupid demons on Earth didn't try this stunt. Yas guys don't 'ave a wacky team like ours to save yer bacon."

Comment

At least it didn't happen for us yet, I remember the Boomer Force having somewhat nutty adventures in their own right. Especially when they joined up with the short-lived Outback Rescue. Man, do I miss those days, especially when the Toons came around to boost morale that reminds me of how the Andrews Sisters boosted morale in the USO during WWII... History wasn't one of my strong points, but the Toons made things happier for a while. I wonder how Joey is doing in Lexie's sandals?

Seth hummed. "I wonder if Lexie's 'twin' (as the unfortunate bloke called himself before Lexie hurt the bloke) got into this mess as well?" He remembered that he was in Australia when Deryk Devlin of Adalia brought his friends in from his dream, and one of the a duplicate of the Dream Lexington Lonewolf that renamed himself to be called Alexander Lonewolf.
                  sigpic

Comment

Then the lost rangers and riders began converging on Yin-Yang's and Seth's location. Among then were the rangers were the Dragon Guardians, Dominik Ratt, Natural Force and Slick, the Forestry Rangers, Ultra Snap, the Odyssey Rangers from Greece, and the Gaiden Rangers from Adalia's Japan. Among the riders were KR Fade from Maine, KR Wundersturm from Germany, KR Sailor from Seattle, and the KR Leo Arcana team from the United Kingdom (the latter were like both Mascot and Zephyr, except they became magic using lion people instead of rabbits.)

Deryk Dark then explained to the group what had happened and what Lord Thunderbird had said about fixing the mess.

"Re-merging the shadow of the planet back into the planet Adalia," said Lhamarunpalar, the Sea Wyrm Protector. "Can only be done through a special way. Every Ranger has to summon their zords and then every zord must come together to form a Miraclezord the likes the planet has never seen before. Then it must launch all of it's special attacks at the same time into the sky. Then... once the energy is depleted... the effect ends and the depletion itself will force the two worlds to return to their prior state. Shadow World will cease to exist separately and Adalia will be whole again."

He paused as he sniffed at Seth for a moment. Yes, even Lhamarunpalar had noticed the draconic scent coming from Seth. But this was not the time to speak of it since he never noticed this scent when they first met Seth. He figures that Seth has been in contact with another dragon. Entirely possible.

The Zords did come together and the Miraclezord did its job flawless and as it began to come apart once again, the Shadow World merged back into Planet Adalia, and...

...Everyone found themselves at the Dragon Guardian's mansion in Jupiter Beach, Florida. They were finally back. And regained memories for the planet's people was instantaneous. Lord Thunderbird appeared in spirit format. "Good job, Yin-Yang. You succeeded as I hoped you would. However, I think it might be best if you prepare for your next adventure. Your team gets wackier all the time and... you have to keep the little blue firecracker in line... and she is like water pouring through your fingers." Then the spirit image vanished, giggling.

Now that there were dragons present... Seth could speak to some of them, if he wanted to.

Comment

All those dragons around made me feel uncomfortable for once in my life. But not knowing why these thing are happening even with help from two counterparts of Rocket, but maybe talking to Llamarunpalar would get me a little information, seeing that he was a Sea Wyrm, and my Ranger Powers represent the same species, if not similar. My hope was in finding the information some of the guardian Dragons might know.

Seth looked up to Llamarunpalar. "I remember you being Eugene's Guardian Dragon. I am hoping that you might be able to help me, if a noble creature such as yourself is willing." He had been forced to be evil, and fought against the evil forces, but tell a man he's a Dragon and leave everything, and forcing him to ask a dragon for answers and telling the recollection of events made the former jock nervous.
                      sigpic

Comment

Lhamarunpalar stepped out of Eugene and assumed his favorite lounging position. "Well, come on over here, Seth, and have a seat. We are back in reality now and there will be a much food and drink soon. Now... What can this educational dragon instructor do for you?" He winked with his classic smile. Unlike the shadodraks, he preferred to stay in his BIG form because seeing him like that was often humorous with other humans.

Comment

Seth had told him about everything the other dragons (and Cosmic Mouse) were telling him, about his true species, and how confused he was. "I don't know what Lexie would do if he knew about this, and I have no clue to what I truly am."
                          sigpic

Comment

Lhamarunpalar hummed as he ate some grapes. "I can answer your inquiry by asking you one very important question. And how you answer this will reveal the answer to your own inquiry. So listen closely, Seth... CAN. YOU. CHANGE. INTO. A. DRAGON?"

The Sea Wyrm Protector then sat back with that winning grin on that snout of his to await the answer.

Comment

Seth thought for a moment. "I don't know if I can even transform into an adorably kyoote Shadodrak! I was raised to be Human. I believed I WAS Human. But with other dragons saying different things, I just don't know WHAT I am." If Seth knew he was a dragon from birth, he would've been able to change.

Of course I didn't know how to change! I thought it was a dumb question, but I wouldn't dare say it to a dragon's face. Not even to the face of a Dragon as noteworthy as Llamarunpalar! I was years too young to have known of Gerus Steel, and even if I did have the ability to change into a dragon, I wouldn't know how to use that gift to become a noble creature.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X