X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRAT-08 Vacation at Mobo Springs

Power Rangers Aussie Thunder
    Episode Eight: Vacation at Mobo Springs.
    Written by Darrel James Vanwinkle
    Co-Written partially by Lexington "Chip" Lonewolf
    9/17/19

Starring:
    Geoffrey D'Awzome, Crimson Albatross Ranger
    Miranda Lochmond, White Lion Ranger
    Malcolm Hansen, Onyx Orca Ranger
    Teri Fury, Pink Firebird Ranger
    Eddie Fisher, Gray Were-Kangaroo Ranger
    Sony the Hedgehog, Spectral Binary Ranger
    Vlad Lonewolf IV, Gold Hedgehog Ranger
    Hikaru Reimon II, River Blade Ranger (son of Hikaru Reimon I and Eriko Hitsugaya)
    Salena Dayita, White Hawk Ranger (daughter of Olivia Banks)
    Jansen Boomersoul, Amethyst Dingo Ranger (son of Adrian and Janet Boomersoul)

Also Starring:
    The Lunar Nights Club

Reginald "Reggie" Maxwell, Flying Were-Fox
    Glen Douglas, Swimming Were-Frog
    Ariel Chevalier, Hopping Were-Kangaroo
    Lucian "Luce" I'wai, Roving Were-Dingo
    Cinda "Cindy" L'amor, Catering Were-Drake
    Grey of Clan Tailblaze; border guard and scout
    Eclipse of Stars Divide Clan; pest Exterminator
    Courier of Wise Wealth Clan; messenger and jeweler

Allies:
    The Musketeers Order:
    Kiel: 'Dad' is a Were-Kangaroo boomer who was one of the original members of the High Orders. He is the head of the order.
    Brock: 'Rack' is a Were-Crocodile male who was also one of the original members of the High Orders. He owns the pool table.
    Daiquiri: 'Tally' is a Were-Dingo alpha who was also one of the original members of the High Orders. He is the bartender.
    Studpaw: 'Studdy' is a Dreamtime Kangaroo Lord who is mated to Rusty, a human who was once a Ranger in Kiel's Ranger Team.
    Larry: 'Knight' is Royal Rescue team leader who was welcomed into the order before Outback Rescue was even formed.
    Tarnado: 'Sugarhoof' is a Dreamtime Were-Donkey lord who makes the sugar cane that Pyrotail cannot get enough of. (see below)
    Tailblaze: He was Joey Stryfe's Were-Roo instructor; now a Dreamtime Lord and mated to Eddie.
    Pyrotail: He is Tailblaze's number one son, the prince of the realm.
    Roolock: He is a Dreamtime Lord of immoral fun and witchcraft.
    Tarnado: He is a Dreamtime Were-Donkey Lord with a martial arts school; he has sugar cane, pottery wheels, and tar pools.
    Deryk of Parousia: He is the current heavenly kangaroo boomer in charge of the new Kangaroo Valley and Planet Parousia.
    Dashpaw: He is one of the newest kangaroo couriers.
    Ziptail: He is one of the newest kangaroo couriers.
    Prince Pouchsong: He is the current Were-Kangaroo lord of the Kangaroo Academy in KA Hawkemoon.
    Their Parents: Where applicable; their parents could be allies to their own children.
    Col. North Lonewolf: Field Marshal and former Boomer Force Ranger. He is currently living with Carrington Knight.
    Simon Leonardo Knight: The son of Kavan Kincaid Knight, Kangaroo Kid.
    Miylus "Myles" Happikus: One of the fun loving drakes of the Earth Drake Temple. Unofficial mate of Simon.

Mobian Allies:
    Sega Lonewolf: the Gold Hedgehog
    North Lonewolf: the White Hedgehog
    Impulse Celeron: the Purple Hedgehog
    Nitro Celeron: the Red Slinky Hedgehog
    Timmy Celeron: the Blue Courier Hedgehog; Larry's loyal friend
    Solar: the Orange Hedgehog, Holy Ranger/Holy Rider
    Jet: a Mobian Gull; Geoffrey's father

Shaman Warriors: (of Deryk of Parousia)
    Tidramon, Tiger Shaman of Summer
    Celsia, Hedgehog Shaman of Winter (Geoffrey's mother)
    Decadius, Harvest Shaman of Autumn
    Blossom, Sweet Shaman of Spring (loves cotton candy)
    Coral, Porpoise Shaman of Water
    Kratt, Were-Rat Shaman of Earth (loves pizza; cowabunga, dude!)
    Magmos, Salamander Shaman of Fire
    Spirit, Coyote Shaman of Wind (she is dating a human male)

Raisin' Sweet Kane:
    -- a rock band from an Unnamed Station near Goyders Lagoon

Victor Kane, a young male human with a Red Stratocaster Guitar (son of Nick and Bianca Kane)
    Riffpaw, a Dreamtime Kangaroo with a Blue Skystream Saxophone
    Deepfang, a Dreamtime Crocodile with a Yellow Cumulus Bass Guitar
    Kalla, a Dreamtime She-Dingo with a Green Tambourine and optional Portable Drums

Friday, January 10th, 2031

Chapter One: A Well Earned Vacation.
    Early Morning; Hot Springs Resort and Recovery Spa, Mobo Springs; 2031.
    Planet Mobius.

After making sure Peter and Norgard returned to their frosty mountain and their pups... Deryk of Parousia brought the Aussie Thunder team to Planet Mobius for a nice vacation of sorts and so Geoffrey could spend Christmas with his father, Jet the Mobian Gull, who happened to be in Mobo Springs currently. (The Freedom Force would arrive in Mobo Springs about part way into Aussie Thunder's vacation. See their own series for more details.)

It was Friday morning as Deryk said, "Please enjoy yer time off to rest or train or whatever else yas blokes want to do."

Geoffrey smiled. "Ah am going to go find my father and 'ug 'im tightly before Ah join 'im in 'is favorite sport."

Miranda smiled as well. "I promised my father that I would take some vacation pictures of the resort for his newspaper."

Eddie said, "Tailblaze will be joining me at the spa on and off since 'e 'as a realm of 'is own to run back 'ome. Ah am glad we 'ave the star ship shortcut to 'is realm."

Jansen said, "Ah think Ah will further my bartending knowledge at one of the Mobian bars. Yas can never know too much when it comes to drinks."

Sony sighed. "If Geoffrey St. John is around, I will say hello to him before I relax. This is the area he patrols."

Vlad hugged Sony lovingly. "Maybe after yas say g'day to 'im love, we can 'ave a relaxing soak in the 'ot springs. Ah don't know about yas, but it's been ages since Ah got to visit one." Meaning the aftermath of the incident in Japan that united the Dragon Soul and Doragonger together.

"Will we still have time to spar, senpai?" asked Hikaru in his language.

Vlad nodded. "We'll 'ave time for that too, kohai."

Salena hummed. "So many things to do... how will we get through everything before our time here is over?"

Teri grinned. "ALRIGHT! Let's get this party started!"

Eddie hopped over to Sony and gave him a hug. "Why the sigh and long muzzle, Sony? Yer among friends 'ere."

Sony replied, "I don't see why I need a vacation. Apparently Hikaru feels the same way. Being on Mobius makes me feel useless. Sega has more training and knowledge than I do."

Deryk of Parousia then said, "Princess Sally and Geoffrey St. John are both overseeing the Freedom Force's vacation here at Mobo Springs. I believe that most of them are at the hot springs. Michael is recovering from a brutal beating that the Neo-Demons were putting him through since the week after he formed his ranger team. He barely got rescued when Knuckles got suspicious concerning the fake Michael's very Cary-like expression and mannerisms. And Outback Rescue are on the verge of being rescued right now from Robotnik's dungeons. And no, they do not need your help; Trigram Boomer have the assistance of New Adalia's Adventure League and Terra's Operation Outback along with the Toon Titans helping them. Old Robotnik will be lucky to have a base if Crazy Kitty flattens it."

Miranda grinned. "That means the Theatrics Bell in on Mobius currently."

Vlad hummed. "Judging that the Super Kitty is there, the stupid bloke's base will end up being a smokin' croc 'ole!" He silently hoped that Devlin was wise enough to make friends with the Catniptonian Cousin of Zale Kent.

Salena noticed a streak of thunder striking the skies (and on a clear day, no less). "What was that?"

Hikaru looked toward Salena. "What's going on to have gotten your attention?"

"I swore I saw a lightning bolt came out of the ground." said Salena.

Teri grinned. "Ah've seen 'em before on the monitors of Mum's Anti-Poacher HQ; that Lightning is a Dragon's breath weapon."

Malcolm arched an eye, then looked to Vlad, whom seemed just as stoic as ever. "Are yas okay, chum?"

Vlad said, "Ah'm fine."

Deryk of Parousia said, "That lightning bolt stemmed from Ned/Edmund of the Freedom Force. It might be better if we didn't bother whatever they are up to. But if they should call on me for something, then Ah will assist them with whatever they are asking for."

Sega was then in front of Sony as he handed his cousin a fresh Japanese candied apple. "I may have more training, Sony, but there are times when I feel dumber than a brick. I still care for you very much. The engineering room isn't the same without you in there assisting me with things that only you have knowledge of. Enjoy the candied apple, bro. And please don't say that you are useless; you've helped me to perfect many projects."
    End of Chapter One.

Chapter Two: Finding The Truth.
    Sony hugged Sega for saying something so nice and then he bit into his candied apple with a "Mmmm. This is good."

Eddie then looked to Deryk of Parousia. "'oly Pouch, sir? 'as the real Lari Knight been found or are we fooled by a mirage yet again?"

Deryk of Parousia remarked, "What brought on this question, Eddie?"

Eddie stated, "Ah was speaking to my mate, Lord Tailblaze, just before this vacation was announced and the topic was about 'ow Outback Rescue came about. Apparently the entire Blackall 'igh School turned out for a Boomer Force support rally in the weeks before Outback Rescue got started and Tailblaze recalled 'ow Lari was among the student spectators; but the next time Tailblaze and Joey met up with Lari at the club'ouse the week before the ranger team got started, the "Lari" whom was present smelled like Carrington and was definitely not the Lari they 'ad seen at the support rally. This would mean that this fake seemingly 'ad fooled even the Musketeer Order temporarily. But the question remains... what 'appened to the original real Lari Knight? Is 'e dead and everyone is keeping quiet about it or did something even more sinister 'appen to 'im. It isn't right that a joey under Outback Legend's purview simply disappears without a trace. Ah am requesting that 'e be found and procured into our safe keeping. Ah know that Col. North 'as got to be tired of the musical Lari clones game."

Deryk of Parousia then said, "'ikaru might not want another Lari to be brought into the star ship."

Eddie growled, "Fuck 'im! This is about making things right! Or are we not really Power Rangers?! Yer the mentor of this group, yer grace! Are yas not going to 'elp or do Ah 'ave to challenge yas to make something 'appen?"

Deryk of Parousia got up and looked Eddie in the eye. "Yas are acting like yer mate used to act. Did yas slide into 'eat just now? Ah'll look into this just to make yas shut up about challenging me about this. Ah am the 'oly Pouch at the moment. If yas defeated me, then yas would become the 'oly Pouch and then yas would 'ave to deal with every little thing that Ah 'ave been filtering out from my over'earing."

Geoffrey glanced over at Eddie and the Pouch. "What got into the most powerful were-kangaroo in the universe?"

Teri hummed. "It's not that simple to know, but seeing as they are both were-kangaroos, it might be Eddie trying to be an Alpha Roo." She then looked to Malcolm. "Is this really a time to be drawing a scene of those two?!"

"Not drawing, said Malcolm, paper stump in hand. "blending shadows. Besides. It's not our business to know what another speaks to the Pouch. Remember what we were taught at KA Prime?"

"Ah've 'eard and seen some of this 'appen before, with yer mum's teammate no less." Vlad said, lowering his voice so he could let them know.

Hikaru looked as if he was restraining himself from grabbing his bokken from his sash. He remembered the lessons taught by the Musketeers and Vlad. "Senpai, you've seen this before?"

Vlad nodded, "As Ah said, not exactly, but something similar. Before 'e was Konga Rao and the successor to run my dojo, Joey was going through some agressive tendencies once 'is first mate returned to 'is own Earth, and 'e made the tough decision to let 'is firstborn live in one of the Kangaroo Academies ran by Lord Pouchlaw, leading Joey to isolate 'imself from the rest of the Boomer Force and interject late in the battles. It ended up in a series of events from an alleged row with Lord Kiel, and 'is bouts of severe depression." He grasped his own fist, remembering how he slugged Joey out of the chair after he failed the Field Marshall training the first time at KA Prime. "Ah only know what Kiel told me about were-roo business over the years 'e visited. But it seems that 'uman-born were-kangaroos 'ave an quality that rises to the surface when ... it never was seen when the moon-touched was 'uman. With Joey it was Love, and with the upsets of not being able to care for 'is son, and being barred from taking responsibility for the care of 'is second mate after saving him from Carrier Infection-inflicted demise 'as led 'im to a depressed state most of the Outback and Dreamtime knows as the 'Black Cloud.'

"Again, It may not be the same thing 'appening to Eddie," Vlad hummed. "But growling the way Eddie did to the Pouch is not a good thing. Lord Kiel provoked Joey to growl and get the pent-up frustration out of 'is system, and learn the values of compromise. It's up to Eddie whether to learn it naturally, or the 'ard way."

Deryk of Parousia looked Eddie in the eye before saying, "Why don't yas tell me what yas and Tailblaze 'ave already figured out and then we will go from there?"

Eddie met the look adamantly before starting his explanation. "Lord Larry of Royal Rescue whom is currently on Earth Two revealed that Kiel 'ad finally admitted that 'e was based off of Roule's deceased younger brother, Lorenzo Quincy Knight. Therefore, since that annuls 'im as being the real Lari, we are back to 'aving an unsolved mystery that no one seems to care about. Tailblaze and Ah chose to contact the Lari Kingston Knight of Parousia/Mobian Adalia and we asked him if 'e 'ad a cousin; much like 'ow 'is counterpart on Earth supposedly does. What 'e told us was most revealing, Pouch. 'e told us that the Lari cousin of 'is world lived in Pegasus Bay, New Zealand, and the bloke 'as never lived in Blackall at all. Adalian Adventure League Lari said that 'is cousin got to be empowered as a Metal 'ero with a few friends. Yer Academy counterpart was there with Storm 'orizon when they located the Adalian counterpart of Outback Rescue Lari. That is why Ah think the Earthian version 'as to exist someplace, unless 'e was killed by the Crocaroos or the Necro-Boomers. And since yer the current 'oly Pouch, yas 'ave got to 'elp us find 'im. Or is that miracle beyond yer power?"

Deryk of Parousia then laid a paw-hand on Eddie's shoulder. "We will find the bloke. 'owever, Ah don't think we can rely on Lord Kiel's word in regards to this because 'e knew that Shadow Lari (Cary) was a demon copy; and even when a supposed real Lari was found, Kiel was still fooled into thinking 'e was the real one unless 'e was just putting on an act. Do yas want to add anything, Eddie?"

Eddie said, "Lord Larry used a magic mirror to locate real versions of those 'e named, yet instead of trying to find a real Lari, since 'e thought that 'e 'imself was the real one, 'e remained ignorant in that regard. Ah also think that the magic mirror was flawed; when Larry used it to locate the real Bindi, it showed 'er demon fake setting up a spell to punish Teri. Later, when yas found the real Bindi all tied up and gagged, that was the proof that the magic mirror was flawed in 'ow it was supposed to operate. That's why Ah think yas need to learn what 'appened to this joey and why all of Dreamtime don't give a rat's ass about 'im on Earth."
    End of Chapter Two.

Comment

Working...
    X