[TRUE-01] PRDG-01 The Night of the Dragon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TRUE-01] PRDG-01 The Night of the Dragon

Theran Ranger Universe Extension
    presents

Power Rangers Dragon Guardians
    [TRUE-01] PRDG-01 The Night of the Dragon.
    By Darrel Vanwinkle (Lord Pouchlaw)
    July 23rd, 2021

Featuring:
    Stephen Adonis Jasper, Red Dragon Ranger (the leader)
    ~~ Aeroquitupalar, The fire eternal guardian (Aeros)
    Dr. Elaine Joyce Lancer, Pink Dragon Ranger (Dragon Mythology Researcher)
    ~~ Rysequitupalar, The mist eternal guardian (Ryse)

Allies:
    Wilbur Phillips: Police Captain, human partner to Stephen

Enemies:
    Mattia, the Collector

Chapter One: Falling Roars.

In Orbit Over the Earth...

The Collector Star Ship was performing a solar refuel off of the sun with its cloaking technology turned on. "I cannot believe we had to come to this star system to refuel. I hate this sector. It is full of Power Rangers. I just want to get my newest slave collection home before something else goes wrong."

One the minions said, "Once we are up to one hundred percent fueling capacity, nothing can go wrong with our return trip to Collector World. And then Mattia will be the supreme collector once again." And as if Murphy's Law was listening... a breach alarm suddenly went off to indicate that captured creatures were escaping. "Oh no, We better go check on that before Mattia rips our hides off." And the minions headed off at a run toward the holding cells.

Within the holding cells, there were no breaches and all six cells appeared to have their occupants sleeping in a curled up position in the middle of the cell floors.

Mattia then came in and said, "Why are the alarms going off, you fools?"

The minion said, "That is the breach alarm, my queen; but as you can see, all of your newest dragon slaves are still within their cells."

"Turn that alarm off so we can focus on the refueling and get out of here." And she departed.

The minions turned off the alarm and headed back topside themselves.

The red dragon smirked as he lifted his head and quietly said, "I told you that would work. Now to do it a few more times and eventually they will ignore the alarm when we truly escape."

Over the course of the next few hours, the alarm sounded every hour until Mattia said, "The alarm system must be malfunctioning. Open the computer hatch and fix it. I do not want to hear that alarm again. I am going to take my ugly nap." And she headed back to her quarters. The minions opened the hatch, reached in and switched off the alarm grid and then they climbed inside to locate the elusive problem.

The red dragon said, "This is it. Time to get out of here. Remember to stay curled up in free fall until the ground is in sight and then open your wings to slow your descent."

With the alarm system turned off, the dragons easily picked their cells' locks and then they went to the air lock and opened it going inside closing the door behind them. And then the red dragon activated what was marked as Trash Disposal which opened the outer hatch of the ship and all six dragons curled up as balls were sucked out into space where they began the drop down toward the planet below.

Bakersfield, California, a freeway just South of the city...

A young man still wearing his police academy graduate uniform was driving his brand new red Ferrari convertible sports car with the top down so he could feel the cool night air in his hair. "I am so glad mom and dad bought me this car for succeeding at the academy. I start work on Monday at the new precinct just North of here. I am truly on top of the world now; nothing can possibly go wrong." And everyone knows what happens when anyone says those words... The entire car jumped as if the young man had run over an animal!

"What in the Hell was that? Don't tell me I broke the car already! It's brand new!" He pulled over to the side of the highway to check out his vehicle to look for damages. "No fender dents... no cracks in the frame... no blood splatter... I don't get it. I know something happened to the car." As he returned to get back into his car, he saw the scale covered red ball in the back seat of his car and it was not small. "And least it's not bird poop. Hey, I'll bet that Herpetologist whom came by the high school a few years ago would like to see this thing. She said if we ever saw a large scale covered ball to bring it to her attention so she could study it. And she said there would be a reward in it for bring it to her. What else did she say? Oh yeah... Herpetologists study lizards."

Before he could get into the car, the ball moved and a slender necked head rose up and in a flash, lashed his tongue out and wrapped it around the young man's left wrist. There was some sort of stinging sensation and then the tongue let go. The red dragon then said, "I am called Aeros. I am a red dragon. I just escaped from an evil slaver woman whom is ugly. And proud of it. If you protect me from her, I can make it worth your while."

The young man was holding his let arm with his right hand as he looked at his wrist. "That hurt! What in the Hell did you do to me?"

Aeros said, "I shared my power bond with you so the slaver can never use it if she manages to capture me again. I partnered with you."

The young man said, "How am I going to protect someone your size?" Aeros grinned kindly. "Dragons Roar."

The young man remarked, "Dragons Roar? What is that supposed to mean?" And in a flash, the red dragon vanished out of the back seat of the car and seemed to form into a black with gold borders bracelet on the young man's wrist. He then tapped the bracelet and said, "Hey, you never explained what dragons roar means." And after the tap, the bracelet transformed into a rather stylish morpher that looked like a dragon's head. "Hey this looks a lot like those Dino Fury morphers from that TV show. I always disliked their morphing call though."

The dragon head morpher then said, "In order to use me, bring your bracelet over your chest and that will make the morpher appear. Then press the eye on my head and say the words, Dragons Roar followed by Red Dragon Power; Aeros. The sequence will then begin and when it ends, you say Red Dragon; Guardian Ranger. You will have access to the red dragon laser pistol and the red dragon sword. Your armored uniform will repel bullets and lasers. So don't freak out if someone tries to shoot you while suited up. It takes magic to hurt a dragon."

End of Chapter One.

Chapter Two: Dr. Elaine Lancer.

The young man said, "Seeing is believing. I must have fallen asleep at the wheel."

Aeros said, "Then how did you get out of your car? Try what I have instructed you in. The slaver, Mattia the Collector, hates Power Rangers."

The young man struck a fighting pose with his morpher raised over his chest as he shouted, "Dragons Roar!" He then pressed the eye of the dragon head as he shouted, "Red dragon Power; Aeros!" A sudden blast of fire erupted beneath him and projected him up into a transformation chamber just out of sight. His dragon uniform of red with a black vest appeared from his ankles up his legs and torso, then from the hands and arms, and finishing around his neck, along with his boots and his gloves which both had a black band at the top with gold borders. Then his red dragon helmet appeared on his head as his dark visor formed over his eyes with black and gold highlights and a silver nose and mouth plate. Next he landed on the ground where a special effect explosion of a fire burst exploded in mid air behind him. And finally, a circular multi-colored badge with gold stars along one side and a gold communicator on the other side appeared on his vest, his Power Sword appeared in his weapon belt along with his holstered Laser Pistol. An illumination like sun rays shot up from behind him bathing him in the power of good and justice. "Red Dragon! Guardian Ranger!"

Aeros then spoke to the young man although when he spoke the eyes of the helmet flashed at each word. "What do I call you aside from Hey You?"

The young man grinned. "I won't bore you with the whole name, but I am Stephen Jasper, police academy graduate. I start work on Monday. But I think I should still take you to Dr. Lancer. I can barely believe this is happening to me."

Aeros said, "As long as the Doctor isn't evil, you may do that. Now power down and get back into your car. Say the words 'Power Down' to return to normal."

Stephen grinned under his helmet. "Power Down!" And in a flash he was back in his graduate uniform. He got into the car and he got moving to drive to Dr. Lancer's Natural Museum to the North. He still couldn't believe this was happening to him. He originally thought only teenagers got to be Power Rangers. He was 22 years old. "Dr. Lancer isn't going to believe this either. I hope she hasn't gone to bed yet. Since she studies dragon Mythology, she might be able to help me with this new experience."

Museum of Natural History; Bakersfield, California...

Stephen parked his car and he went up to the side office door and knocked soundly. He saw a light on in the office so he knew someone was in there. When the door opened, he said to the woman standing there. "Dr. Lancer? I am Stephen Jasper. I just graduated from the police academy. But you came by our school one time and said that if we ever came across a large scaled ball to come and let you know about it. May I come inside to inform you of what happened to me earlier this evening?"

Elaine nodded her head and she let the young man inside. "I barely recognized you all grown up like this. I work here since my colleagues in the science world said that if I didn't drop this whole 'Dragons Are Real' kick I was on, I would never be able to work in a public light ever again. You implied that you came upon one of these large scaled balls like I had mentioned before. What happened in your encounter?"

Stephen said, "Seeing is believing, Dr. Lancer. It power bonded with me and therefore, behold..."

Stephen struck a fighting pose with his left arm raised over his chest as he shouted, "Dragons Roar!" His bracelet appeared before the morpher materialized and then he pressed the eye of the dragon head morpher as he shouted, "Red dragon Power; Aeros!" A sudden blast of fire erupted beneath him and projected him up into a transformation chamber just out of sight. His dragon uniform of red with a black vest appeared from his ankles up his legs and torso, then from the hands and arms, and finishing around his neck, along with his boots and his gloves which both had a black band at the top with gold borders. Then his red dragon helmet appeared on his head as his dark visor formed over his eyes with black and gold highlights and a silver nose and mouth plate. Next he landed on the ground where a special effect explosion of a fire burst exploded in mid air behind him. And finally, a circular multi-colored badge with gold stars along one side and a gold communicator on the other side appeared on his vest, his Power Sword appeared in his weapon belt along with his holstered Laser Pistol. An illumination like sun rays shot up from behind him bathing him in the power of good and justice. "Red Dragon! Guardian Ranger!"

Stephen said, "The red dragon's name is Aeros. He told me that an evil female galactic slaver called Mattia had captured him and his clan and they recently escaped when they were refueling off of our sun. He power bonded with me in exchange for my protecting him. Before the bonding, the ball was so big that it took up the entire back seat of my convertible Ferrari sports car that my parents had bought for me when I graduated the academy. When he first collided with my back seat, I thought I had damaged the car right then and there."

Dr. Lancer said, "He isn't talking to me, Stephen. I cannot help him if he doesn't talk to me."

Without warning, the eyes on the helmet flashed as Lancer heard, "I was determining if I should trust you or not. Stephen seems to trust you. What is it you do for a living, Doctor?"

Dr. Lancer focused on the flashing eyes at that point. "In my every day work, I am a Herpetologist, a fancy word for a scientist that studies lizards. Recently the Canadians in a neighboring country came across a 65 million year old Dragon Skeleton and I resumed my fantasy interest of the study of dragons that I had as a young girl. My colleagues said that the skeleton the Canadians found was a dinosaur staged to look like a dragon from the fantasy books and that I should just forget it. I told several school children years ago if they ever came across a large scaled ball to bring it to my attention immediately. I assumed it would be either a Dragon Egg or possibly a young dragon rolled up into a ball shape for it's own protection. And then Stephen told me that you landed in his car in that shape after your escape. I want to help, if your clan will allow me."

Aeros remarked, "There was only one female dragon in our remaining clan and she believes herself to be my girlfriend. She is a Mist Dragon in Pink Scales. The other males are a blue dragon, a gold dragon and a Green dragon. There would have been a white dragon; but he killed himself to evade being captured. Mattia was angry that he chose to do that. She is an ugly Komodo Dragon humanoid of the black scaled variety. Her minions are sickeningly putrid looking Lizard Men whom think she is beautiful. As if?!"

End of Chapter Two.

Comment

Chapter Three: In The Line of Duty.

Dr. Lancer said, "What do dragons eat? I know Stephen will be going home after he leaves here and since he isn't working yet, his grocery supplies may not be much for a dragon."

Aeros replied, "Dragons are omnivores much like your species and now that I am power bonded with Stephen when he eats something part of what he eats will be channeled into my energy reserve. And with my healing factor shared with him, he will recover quickly after getting any injuries. Before a power bonding, a dragon prefers to go fishing or to eat vegetables. I assume there is a reason you were asking this question, yes?"

Dr. Lancer replied, "Indeed, Aeros. The military and other humans are the types to assume that anything not human are monsters and need to be killed to protect themselves from the beastly monstrosities. This means if they see an uncontrolled dragon in public, they might attempt to kill them for the greater good. In my opinion, they should look in a mirror."

Aeros stated, "Then my brethren need to power bond with people before they end up as White did. For now, Stephen needs to power down and only use my power sparingly. We don't want Mattia to find us this soon. She would stop at nothing to get us back. As for how we escaped..." he smirked as he explained how he had made the breach alarm go off falsely several times before they disabled it to repair it and then the dragons escaped during the security down-time.

Elaine said, "A clever escape plan. But as you said, Stephen needs to power down and go home. Later we need to try to get your brethren here to the museum where I can give them a safety space to rest in. Can you mentally contact the others over a private dragon network to let them know that you found some trustworthy locals? If they know where to go at night, then we can protect them. Otherwise, Mattia will eventually find them out in the open."

Aeros replied, "A fine idea except the mental link only works after they power bond to someone as I have with Stephen. So until they do that, I cannot contact them at all."

Elaine then asked, "One last question, Aeros... Can a power bonding be undone in case one of your brethren bonds with the wrong or unscrupulous person?"

Aeros stated, "Yes, the dragon can forfeit the partnership at any time if they feel the partner has no interest in protecting them. Or if they are using the power to attack the clan."

Stephen smiled under his helmet. "Power Down!" And in a flash he was back in his graduate uniform. "I need to get home to get some rest."

He then added, "Now that you have access to a dragon, your colleagues cannot call you a crazy quack any more."

Elaine smiled. "As I said before, they should look in a mirror. Have a safe drive home and a good first day at the job site."

South Precinct 142

Sunday passed without incident and then on Monday, Stephen found himself on a patrol with his superior officer, a man named Captain Wilbur Phillips. Captain Phillips was instructing Stephen in the patrol route to the South of the Precinct.Just ahead of where they were sitting in the patrol car, they saw some putrid ugly lizard men chasing what appeared to be a large pink beach ball down a cross street in front of them. "What in the Hell was that?" exclaimed the Captain.

Stephen replied, "I think I know, sir! I have to make sure they don't catch that pink ball! Those fur suiters are criminals whom commit crimes while wearing wet suits ro make them look like lizard men! But boy, did they ever get their species screwed up! What a bad tailoring! I heard about these types of crimes back at the academy!" Unfastening his seat belt, he jumped out of the patrol car and got into position. "Not a word of this to the heads of the precinct, sir. Teenagers aren't the only ones whom can do this."

Stephen struck a fighting pose with his left arm raised over his chest as he shouted, "Dragons Roar!" His bracelet appeared before the morpher materialized and then he pressed the eye of the dragon head morpher as he shouted, "Red dragon Power; Aeros!" A sudden blast of fire erupted beneath him and projected him up into a transformation chamber just out of sight. His dragon uniform of red with a black vest appeared from his ankles up his legs and torso, then from the hands and arms, and finishing around his neck, along with his boots and his gloves which both had a black band at the top with gold borders. Then his red dragon helmet appeared on his head as his dark visor formed over his eyes with black and gold highlights and a silver nose and mouth plate. Next he landed on the ground where a special effect explosion of a fire burst exploded in mid air behind him. And finally, a circular multi-colored badge with gold stars along one side and a gold communicator on the other side appeared on his vest, his Power Sword appeared in his weapon belt along with his holstered Laser Pistol. An illumination like sun rays shot up from behind him bathing him in the power of good and justice. "Red Dragon! Guardian Ranger!"

Captain Phillips couldn't believe his eyes. He thought the Power Rangers were just a TV show.

Stephen jumped around the corner and pulled his laser pistol and he shot the lizard men in the rear ends. This made them stop and turn around as the large pink ball rolled away and quickly turned a corner into an alley way. "Aeros, use the communicator to call Dr. Lancer for me. Her number is:" And he quote it off. "I have to focus on these lizard men." Soon, the badge communicator numbers depressed in the quoted sequence and there was the sound of ringing on the other end. Stephen shot at the lizard men again but this time they dodged his laser.

"Museum of Natural History. Dr. Lancer speaking." Stephen said, "Elaine. Mist Ball located. Get your delivery van with the ramp over to the alley way at this location" and he told Lancer where to go and to back in from the street from behind, lower the ramp and get the ball back to the museum. "I'll be by after I finish my first patrol with Captain Phillips. I had to show him that I was a power Ranger. If the Mist ball resists going with you, say the words, 'Aeros sent me. I am not with Madame Ugly.'" And he ended the call.

Captain Phillips knew what the proper protocol was for dealing with this many criminals but Stephen had asked him not to mention this to the precinct bosses. So he got out of his car and aimed his gun at a lizard man and as Stephen had done, he shot the lizard man in the rear end. "BLAM!" The lizard man slapped a hand over his butt and teleported back to the Star Ship. Then he kept watch as Stephen switched to his Red Power Sword and fought the criminal wet suit wearers in that manner.

End of Chapter Three.

Comment

Chapter Four: Museum Rendezvous.

The fight lasted until the lizard men all backed off as a group and huddled together before teleporting away. Stephen then powered down and returned to his partner's patrol car. "That is what I am putting up with currently, Wilbur. Now drive us up to the Museum of Natural History and I'll try to explain the rest there."

The drive to the museum was uneventful and quiet. Then they went inside to meet up with Dr. Lancer.

Stephen saw Dr. Lancer with a scanning device as she examined the pink scaled ball. "How goes it, Dr. Lancer?"

Elaine said, "As with Aeros, she won't talk to me yet, Stephen. So I was scanning her to make sure she didn't have any injuries."

Stephen lifted his left arm and he tapped his wrist and said, "Dragons Roar." The red dragon head morpher then appeared. Aeros then said, through the morpher, "Rysequitupalar! It is I, Aeroquitupalar! This woman is our ally! Lift your head! We are among friends! I have bonded with this fine young man whom is a law enforcement officer! Elaine Lancer means you no harm! Stephen Jasper is a fine partner for me! Or did you fall into one of your silly sleeps and are waiting for me to go find another female dragon?"

And then to Captain Phillips horror and amazement, the pink ball moved on it's own as the dragon head emerged and a long serpentine tongue lashed out and wrapped around Elaine's wrist. There was the light sting and then the tongue released the doctor before returning into the dragon's mouth.

Ryse remarked, "As if you could find another female dragon on this mixed up planet! I am the only one available and don't you ever forget it! You always did find the nicest allies, however... Law enforcement... we could use that against Mattia."

Stephen then said, "Dragons Roar, Elaine; you've seen me do it. Now that Ryse has bonded with you, go through the motions as I do."

Ryse vanished and seemed to shoot in a stream of mist unto Elaine's wrist.

Stephen struck a fighting pose with his left arm raised over his chest as he shouted, "Dragons Roar!" His bracelet appeared before the morpher materialized and then he pressed the eye of the dragon head morpher as he shouted, "Red Dragon Power; Aeros!" A sudden blast of fire erupted beneath him and projected him up into a transformation chamber just out of sight. His dragon uniform of red with a black vest appeared from his ankles up his legs and torso, then from the hands and arms, and finishing around his neck, along with his boots and his gloves which both had a black band at the top with gold borders. Then his red dragon helmet appeared on his head as his dark visor formed over his eyes with black and gold highlights and a silver nose and mouth plate. Next he landed on the ground where a special effect explosion of a fire burst exploded in mid air behind him. And finally, a circular multi-colored badge with gold stars along one side and a gold communicator on the other side appeared on his vest, his Power Sword appeared in his weapon belt along with his holstered Laser Pistol. An illumination like sun rays shot up from behind him bathing him in the power of good and justice. "Red Dragon! Guardian Ranger!"

Elaine struck a fighting pose with her left arm raised over her chest as she shouted, "Dragons Roar!" Her bracelet appeared before the morpher materialized and then she pressed the eye of the dragon head morpher as she shouted, "Mist Dragon Power; Ryse!" A sudden blast of water erupted beneath her and projected her up into a transformation chamber just out of sight. Her dragon uniform of pink with a black vest appeared from her ankles up her legs and torso, then from the hands and arms, and finishing around her neck, along with her boots and her gloves which both had a black band at the top with gold borders. Then her Pink dragon helmet appeared on her head as her dark visor formed over her eyes with black and gold highlights and a silver nose and mouth plate. Next she landed on the ground where a special effect explosion of a mist spray exploded in mid air behind her. And finally, a circular multi-colored badge with gold stars along one side and a gold communicator on the other side appeared on her vest, her Power Sword appeared in her weapon belt along with her holstered Laser Pistol. An illumination like sun rays shot up from behind her bathing her in the power of good and justice. "Mist Dragon! Guardian Ranger!"

Aeros then spoke to Ryse although when he spoke the eyes of the helmet flashed at each word. "This is how we talk when our partners are suited up."

Ryse replied in the same manner. "An interesting way to communicate. And I am detecting the mental clan link now as well."

Aeros said, "It makes more sense now on why the clan heads said that we couldn't use the mental clan link until we were adults. The others will need to be found."

Ryse remarked, "With you and I here, that leaves Blue, Gold and Green. And you know how playful Green gets."

Aeros said, "These human adults have jobs to resume. Although this museum will be the check in point for the clan once everyone is power bonded. And hopefully to responsible adults."

Stephen and Elaine both said, "Power Down!" And they were restored to normal.

Stephen said, "And the mission continues. Wait until you see how putrid and ugly the lizard men were. Amusingly enough, they seem to be weak in the tail bone."

Wilbur said, "I can vouch for that. I shot one in the ass with my police pistol and it fled via teleport immediately."

Elaine smirked. "I am sure I will see my share of them another time. But as Aeros said, you boys have a patrol to get back to. I'll be here at the Museum when needed."

Back in the police car, Wilbur said to Stephen, "Dragon Powered Rangers whom work with the police. What a concept. Now I know why you said not to mention this to the precinct heads."

Stephen replied, "I am not sure how we would explain this to our bosses. I only got power bonded this last Saturday night when I met Aeros. And I had my first fight today."

End of Chapter Four.

Comment

Chapter Five: Nasty Surprises.

Mattia was grilling her lizard men. "Let me get this straight... you were chasing the Mist Dragon in her ball form and the red Dragon back attacked you with a laser pistol did combat with you and eventually forced you to retreat. And you whom returned early told me that it looked like the Red Dragon had merged with a human and was wearing Power Ranger armor."

The Lizard men were all nervously frightened, since they had never failed to capture a slave before as they nodded their heads.

Mattia actually smiled instead of looking upset. "So... Power bonding IS possible. The dragon elders swore that it wasn't possible. Lying to cover their own scales."

At that moment, a plain looking Komodo Dragon humanoid wearing lab clothes entered the chamber from his labs aboard the ship. "Begging your pardon, Mattia, but the elders said that a dragon could not power bond with YOU since you weren't a human. However, if you were to temporarily change yourself into a human and then have one of those evil female black dragons bond with you, then change back into your ...wondrously... beautiful self, then you would still have the power in your regular identity. There is only one issue..."

Mattia growled, "And what issue is that, Professor Regulus?"

Regulus replied, "The Guardian Dragons have a guarded transformation phrase that only works with good humans. We know to return to normal they say, 'Power Down'. But the Evil Dragons would have to be coerced into telling you the transformation phrase. Perhaps even bribed into giving it up. Otherwise, trial and error usage until you stumble upon the right phrase. I know you wouldn't want to change into a goody-good power ranger yourself."

Mattia fumed but then she smiled and changed the subject. "How goes the examination of Guardian White's body? Have you discovered any secrets we can use yet?"

Regulus smiled in return. "I am on the verge of a break-through, my queen. That is more than I can say for the Lizard Men's failed outing. Perhaps we should get the General Summoning Stage prepared to bring in your trusted generals from the home world to challenge these bonded Power Rangers. And also, get the growth ray prepared so they can have the upper claw. Something tells me that they will become a problem for the lizard men alone if more of them get power bonded."

Mattia grinned. "Make it so, Regulus. I am going to go speak to our Black Dragon guests in the back. They defied the elders once... what's one more time...?" And she headed off.

Regulus exclaimed, "Take along a bribery gift, just in case. Talk is cheap, your grace." And the moment she was off of the bridge. "Fugly piece of slime. She will get hers someday."

Then he took the lizard men into his lab to add armor plating on to their privates for the next encounter.

Black Dragon Hold

Mattia walked out on to a stage facing a make-shift casino occupied by male and female Black Dragons all involved in gambling and seduction. "ATTENTION, Esteemed Black Dragon Allies! Today is the lucky day for one of you! I have recently discovered that the elders lied about Power Bonding! And to seal this deal, I offer this..." And in her right hand she held up a dark amethyst star jewel. Then she lifted her left arm and allowed her robes sleeve to slide down to her elbow. "What female would like to defy the Elders one more time."

She then added, "I will also need to know the words of Transformation that only the one bonding with me will know. So. Whom is hungry for a star jewel? Join me on stage if you are."

At first, none of the black dragons moved. They all recalled the demonstration the elders gave a long time ago to show that dragons could not bond with dragons. It was a human privilege reserved for humans. But the Collector Queen had a Star Jewel. It was tempting.

Without warning from just off stage, a black dragon's tongue shot out and grabbed the Star Jewel right out of Mattia's grip as the sneaky female dragon chewed it up and swallowed it before stepping out on stage. "A real one this time. By my honor of accepting your gift, I, Authraulikkan, the Black Stealth Assassin only hope that you are right that the Elders lied about Power Bonding. Rejected recipients often die instead of gaining the power. If you live, I will tell you the words of power. Here goes." Mattia didn't trust this particular black dragon but it was too late. None of the others were volunteering. And then the tongue wrapped around her Komodo wrist and the pain from the gods cascaded through both recipients.

Mattia held her stance and her ground on stage. Several of the black dragons were hoping the two died from this. They hated both of the two. But that hope was dashed as...

...The female black dragon vanished and in a trail of black smoke flew across the stage to form a black with crimson borders bracer on Mattia's wrist. Mattia panted and said, "Normally I would lie about an experience like that to show bravery. BUT THAT HURT LIKE A BLAST INFERNO! However, to show that I am reasonable. The sacrifice of one is enough to merit my releasing the rest of you to the planet below. I am detecting evil humans down there whom you could bond with. As you can plainly see: the elders lied."

One Black Dragon male lifted his head and said, "Just because you got a bracer doesn't mean that it worked. Get the phrase and show us the bonding transformation."

Mattia tapped on the bracer and the morpher appeared. Then she got out a tiny star Amethyst jewel and inserted it into the power slot of the morpher. "Wake up, Authra. A deal is a deal. I am still alive. Give me the words of power or else." Authra spoke through the morpher. I almost died until you inserted that extra jewel into my stomach. Apparently it takes twice as many jewels for power than the good dragons need to make the bonding. The words of power are: Dragons Reap, followed by, Black Dragon Power, Authra. May IO save your worthless soul."

Mattia felt like she was about to win everything as she got into position to show the male Black Dragon that she had the power.

Hearing Authra's warning at the end, the Black dragons all fled to the ship's cargo hatch and worked on getting it open. They knew not to be there when the transformation ended.

End of Chapter Five.

Comment

Chapter Six: Tiamat.

Not knowing what to expect but still not trusting Authra, Mattia began her sequence anyway.

Mattia struck a fighting pose with her morpher raised over her chest as she shouted, "Dragons Reap!" She then pressed the eye of the dragon head as she shouted, "Black Dragon Power; Authra!" A sudden blast of anti-matter erupted beneath her and projected her up into a transformation chamber just out of sight. Her body began to grow into a large female multi-colored female dragon. Then she grew six necks upon each was a chromatic female dragon's head the black one looking like Authra; the green one looking like Mattia the rest were random in appearance. Next she landed on the ground where a special effect explosion of a black lighting and an elemental storm exploded in mid air behind her. A raging inferno appeared behind her bathing her in the power of evil and villainy. "I am Tiamat! Queen of the Underworld! Bow before me!"

At that moment, the Black Dragons managed to open the cargo door which had no air lock and all of the black dragons got sucked out of the opening where they curled up into balls and let the planet's gravity do it's work. Tiamat got pulled off stage and using her claws, she hung on to the floors and railings in an attempt to stay within the ship.

Within Regulus' labs he heard the ship attack alarm and he activated the detach Cargo Hold sequence for jettisoning slaves away from the main ship to make it so slavers could get away from Galactic Law Enforcement. The section containing Tiamat broke loose from the ship but instead of falling to Earth, it repelled itself away from Earth's gravity thanks to the anti-matter and it flew off into the void outside of the Sol Star system where it crashed into a hot barren planetoid. Tiamat was thrown free where upon one dragon arm collided with a rock.

And the Power Down sequence occurred and Mattia was back to normal. "Stupid assassin bitch! She tried to kill me! Using her magic wand, she magically cut the bracer off of her wrist and then she buried it into a hole in the planetoid's surface. "Now you will defy me no more. I have to get back to my ship." And then she saw the destroyed remains of the Cargo Hold on the planetoid's surface. "NOOOO!!!!! Stupid Minions! I'll punish them all!" And she then used her magic wand to transport herself back to the slaver ship where she appeared on the bridge.

"Whom detached the cargo hold?! Answer me! I was in there! You will be punished for this!"

Regulus emerged with the armored Lizard Men and said, "I was obeying your last orders, your grace. Did the trick not work?"

Mattia growled, "Authra tried to assassinate me by lying about the power phrase. And with all of the Black dragons gone, I cannot attempt that any more. Now we have to return to the home world and get another slaver ship. We cannot collect servants without a cargo hold."

Regulus innocently asked, "What command phrase did she tell you, your grace?"

Mattia said, "She said that the first words were Dragons Reap." And upon saying those words, the morpher reappeared on her wrist. When she saw it, she removed it and slammed it down on the console in front of her. "I buried this in a hole outside the solar system. How did it come back?"

Regulus replied, "Dragons Reap is a phrase for channeling Tiamat from the Dragon Underworld. She is the dragon goddess of evil. In order to prevent this morpher from returning to your arm, you will have to make Authra undo the Power Bonding. Otherwise the morpher will return every time you say those words. But if you were to learn the real words, then Authra would be nothing more than your slave under your direct control every time you morphed. She thought she was being clever; but I have determined that the correct words are the same ones that the Guardian Dragons use to summon their power and to allow the humans to be in control at the end. Authra tried to destroy you; but you can have the last laugh in the end. We just need to spy on the humans with the power and listen to every thing they say when they think they have privacy."

Mattia said, "We will still need a replacement slaver ship. Set in a course for the home world and then we return to spy on the Dragon Guardian Power Rangers."

Regulus set in the course and before hitting launch, he escorted the Lizard Men back down to Earth and used his remote to activate the return to home world jump drive on the crippled slaver ship. And then Regulus and the lizard men located an old sealed off mine shaft and they reopened it replacing the old seal with a solid metal door. Going inside, they made the mine cavern safe for dragons and an all new lab was established along with a General Summoning Stage and a side mine chamber set up as a throne room for Mattia should she choose to come find out what they were doing on the planet's surface. Establishing a spy satellite with cloaking capabilities above the Earth and stationary over Bakersfield, Regulus turned on the monitors to home in on and lock into a guardian dragon's energy signature. That was when Regulus learned that until a Guardian Dragon Power Bonded to someone, then they emitted no energy signature at all. Only two monitors had an image. The first monitor automatically was outlined with a red neon light indicating that this was Aeros. The second monitor automatically was outlined with a pink neon light indicating that this was Ryse. However, the two monitors were only showing the humans whom had the powers at the moment.

The Blue, Gold and Green monitors remained offline for now.

A larger monitor had a complete map of Bakersfield upon it. A red dot on the map that was moving was Stephen/Aeros, while the pink dot on the map was stationary which was Elaine/Ryse. Occasionally, Stephen would turn his head to the right and speak to someone off screen. The driver of the squad car obviously. Elaine was seen working on something on her work table and from all indications she was a scientist of sorts. This intrigued Regulus because he had never known any female scientists before. Elaine quietly worked never saying a word.

So the focus was on Stephen to listen to his every word.

But while Regulus focused on the young man, a few Lizard Men watched the female on screen suddenly get up and walk over to a TV monitor and plug something into the back of it before turning the TV on to display the exact same Guardian Dragon location image that Regulus had put together except for one difference. There were three extra colored pixelated circles in other areas of the city. Blue, Gold and Green. Elaine finally spoke, "So that's where you guys are. I need to tell Stephen."

One Lizard Man said, "Master Regulus, you need to see this! The woman just made a dragon finder that does more than yours does! She has an idea where the other three are!"

End of Chapter Six.

Comment

Chapter Seven: Chasing Black.

Stephen said, "Thanks for the heads up, Elaine. But you aren't going to believe this, but a Black Dragon just flew over carrying an armored car. I might need your help with this."

Elaine said, "I'll suit up and head that way. But first, I need to remove the dragon finder chip. Can't let this fall into the hands of our enemies."

Elaine turned off the TV monitor and then she did something before she turned around and began her sequence in the back of the museum.

Elaine struck a fighting pose with her left arm raised over her chest as she shouted, "Dragons Roar!" Her bracelet appeared before the morpher materialized and then she pressed the eye of the dragon head morpher as she shouted, "Mist Dragon Power; Ryse!" A sudden blast of water erupted beneath her and projected her up into a transformation chamber just out of sight. Her dragon uniform of pink with a black vest appeared from her ankles up her legs and torso, then from the hands and arms, and finishing around her neck, along with her boots and her gloves which both had a black band at the top with gold borders. Then her Pink dragon helmet appeared on her head as her dark visor formed over her eyes with black and gold highlights and a silver nose and mouth plate. Next she landed on the ground where a special effect explosion of a mist spray exploded in mid air behind her. And finally, a circular multi-colored badge with gold stars along one side and a gold communicator on the other side appeared on her vest, her Power Sword appeared in her weapon belt along with her holstered Laser Pistol. An illumination like sun rays shot up from behind her bathing her in the power of good and justice. "Mist Dragon! Guardian Ranger!"

At the squad car, Stephen had already gotten out to do his sequence.

Stephen struck a fighting pose with his left arm raised over his chest as he shouted, "Dragons Roar!" His bracelet appeared before the morpher materialized and then he pressed the eye of the dragon head morpher as he shouted, "Red Dragon Power; Aeros!" A sudden blast of fire erupted beneath him and projected him up into a transformation chamber just out of sight. His dragon uniform of red with a black vest appeared from his ankles up his legs and torso, then from the hands and arms, and finishing around his neck, along with his boots and his gloves which both had a black band at the top with gold borders. Then his red dragon helmet appeared on his head as his dark visor formed over his eyes with black and gold highlights and a silver nose and mouth plate. Next he landed on the ground where a special effect explosion of a fire burst exploded in mid air behind him. And finally, a circular multi-colored badge with gold stars along one side and a gold communicator on the other side appeared on his vest, his Power Sword appeared in his weapon belt along with his holstered Laser Pistol. An illumination like sun rays shot up from behind him bathing him in the power of good and justice. "Red Dragon! Guardian Ranger!"

Stephen then said, "I don't know how we're going to keep up with that dragon, Aeros. Any suggestions?"

Aeros replied, "Face forward and shout, Dragoon Wings, Launch. Your armored uniform will sprout wings and then you leap into the air and we can fly after the culprit."

Stephen faced forward and shouted, "Dragoon Wings! Launch!" The back of his armored uniform then sprouted bright red scaled wings as he looked like he was ready for aerial combat. He then ran forward and leaped as his wings opened and he found himself flying in the air chasing after the black dragon. Stephen forwarded the new power information to Elaine before focusing on the criminal black dragon ahead of him.

Elaine had just turned the corner in the alley way when she got her first glimpse of the black dragon. "Let's see if I can join Stephen in the sky. Dragoon Wings! Launch!" The back of her armored uniform then sprouted bright pink scaled wings as she looked like she was ready for aerial combat. She then ran forward and leaped as her wings opened and she found herself flying in the air about to come face to face with the black dragon. She pulled out her laser pistol and fired at the head of the black dragon.

Unable to avoid the incoming laser fire while carrying a load, the black dragon dropped the armored car and swerved off to the right looking annoyed.

Nearly everyone in this section of Bakersfield could see the new Dragon Guardians doing battle with the evil Black Dragon in the sky. A news crew trained their cameras on the fight as the female reporter said, "Bakersfield seems to have their own Power Rangers team now. Flying Rangers utilizing wings attached to their ranger suits. We don't know what they call themselves yet, but we are recording the combat footage for all of you whom are watching."

Stephen was shooting the black dragon from behind as he said over his communicator, "We just made the Six O'clock news, Mist Ranger! Don't use our real names while on Camera!"

The black dragon went to open his mouth to do something toward the Pink Ranger but before he could do whatever he had planned, the Mist Ranger helmet blew a load of water down the black dragon's throat which made the big beast crash into the ground below. Red and Mist then came together and they used their power blades to create an energy cage around the fallen black dragon and then the cage lifted off the ground and a portal opened up above it and the cage was flung through the opening to a mysterious location beyond. Red asked, "Aeros? Where did we send this beast?" Aeros replied, "The dragon prison back on our home world. Without a star ship, they cannot return here."

Elaine said, "We need to return to our patrols, Red. It's a good thing our teammates told us this was occurring."

Stephen caught on to what she was implying. Make the media think the whole team existed right now.

Elaine spread her wings and she flew off at street level as she quickly darted down an alleyway and banked a corner before arriving behind the Museum at the cargo entrance. "Power Down!"

Stephen wouldn't be so lucky to find a private place to return to normal. When he arrived at his partner's squad car, the media were right there seeming to be waiting for him there. He took the report clipboard and filled out the report for the Captain before turning to face the reporters and cameras. "What can I do for you people?"

The lady reporter said, "I am Selena Myles for KGET-TV 17 locally, Mister Red Ranger. Our viewers would like to know what your team is called and why you are working with the police when past Ranger teams have often fought monsters and simply departed afterwards."

End of Chapter Seven.

Comment

Working...
              X