Collapse
No announcement yet.

WG: PRMT-05: When Lightning Strays

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WG: PRMT-05: When Lightning Strays

Episodes Five: When Lightning Strays
    by Darrel James Vanwinkle / April 11th, 2005
    Originally written on Power Rangers Network (PRN)!
    Gene is captured by the Rogue Knight of Mud, and it becomes the Marvel Ranger's task to rescue him. But will the arrival of a new powerful Ranger bring good or ill?

Coming up next on Power Rangers Marvel Thunder!
    Marvel Thunder - Theme Song

"Swords clash! Lightning flash! Evil's on the run!
    Spells miscast! They're here at last! Power Rangers having fun!

Thunder Roars! Mythology Soars! Heroes Score!

Brought to bare! A questing's dare! Buddies to the end!
    Power to gain! Evil's insane! Thunder will defend!

Thunder Roars! Mythology Soars! Heroes Score!"

(musical score played here)

"Swords clash! Lightning flash! Evil's on the run!
    Spells miscast! They're here at last! Power Rangers having fun!

Thunder Roars! Mythology Soars! We will Score!

MARVEL THUNDER!"

Marvel Rangers:
    Thomas Oliver, Green Marvel Ranger
    Zakki Taylor, Black Marvel Ranger
    Jase Lee Scott, Red Marvel Ranger
    Katrina Kwan, Yellow Marvel Ranger
    Bill Cranston, Blue Marvel Ranger
    Kimba Hart, Pink Marvel Ranger
    Gene Skullovitch, Thunder Rabbit Ranger

Allies:
    THE UNICORN ELDERS:
    Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury

Villains:
    Evil King Varnerheim
    RogueKnight of Flame
    RogueKnight of Ice
    RogueKnight of Mud
    RogueKnight of Smoke
    Benalda the Shroom Witch
    Mudman, a monster with the power to trap people in an encasement of hardening mud
    Troja Helen, a monster with the power to cause volcanic eruptions where ever directed

Disclaimer: I do not own Power Rangers, Power Ranger Productions, nor any semblance of the Super Sentai franchise references in said series, nor SHAZAM nor DC Comics, in any way, shape, or form. The characters presented here have names which are similar to the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers by Saban. The villains are of my own creation. I am not a good combat writer; I am more about the story itself. Apologies are given to anyone looking for a good combat scene. Character references similar to living people is purely coincidental. All rights are reserved.

Chapter 01

Would you like to hear about another of our mistakes? You would? That's what this episode is about. Who am I?

Hercules here. Looks like I am being given a chance to host a chapter.

Which Marvel Ranger do I like best? Like I am going to tell you that.

Bill had just returned from helping the Alumni Blue Ranger and the other Blue Rangers, and was telling his friends all about the adventure.

Zakki said, "So our namesakes aren't as bad as we've always thought, huh?"

Bill replied, "Evidently not. Billy gave all of the Blue Rangers equal opportunities to show their stuff. And all of the Blue Rangers invited all of the rest to come visit whenever we liked. We were totally awesome."

Kimba smiled. "I'm glad you did so well, Bill. I hope you impressed them."

Bill winked an eye. "I think I did pretty well. I didn't suck, if that's what you mean. By the way... where are Thomas, Jase, Katrina, and Gene?"

Zakki replied, "They're all on a canoe trip on the nearby lake. Kimba and I had some things to do here in town, so... they went on without us."

Kimba grinned. "Which is a good idea, in case Varnerheim decides to do something."

Meanwhile, out on the lake, the canoe trip was anything but relaxing. Thomas, Jase, Katrina, and Gene had just pulled the canoe up on a remote shore, when they were attacked by Cardiacs, strange putty like grunts who wore face-value playing cards over their fronts and backs.

Jase shouted, "Talk about having a cardiac arrest! Let's do it, guys!"

Thomas shouted, "SHAZAM!" A magical bolt of lightning suddenly struck him, as his body was suddenly aglow with a brilliant white light, as his one-piece green uniform suddenly materialized, followed by white boots, and a golden embroidered, white cape which was fastened with a golden cord like rope. A lightning bolt symbol appeared on his chest, as his lightning helm with a transition lens visor, appeared over his head. Thomas then shouted, "Green Marvel Ranger!"

Jase shouted, "SHAZAM!" A magical bolt of lightning suddenly struck him, as his body was suddenly aglow with a brilliant white light, as his one-piece red uniform suddenly materialized, followed by white boots, and a golden embroidered, white cape which was fastened with a golden cord like rope. A lightning bolt symbol appeared on his chest, as his lightning helm with a transition lens visor, appeared over his head. Jase shouted, "Red Marvel Ranger!"

Katrina shouted, "SHAZAM!" A magical bolt of lightning suddenly struck her, as her body was suddenly aglow with a brilliant white light, as her one-piece yellow uniform suddenly materialized, followed by white boots, and a golden embroidered, white cape which was fastened with a golden cord like rope. A lightning bolt symbol appeared on her chest, as her lightning helm with a transition lens visor, appeared over her head. Katrina then shouted, "Yellow Marvel Ranger!"

End of Chapter 01

Chapter 02

Gene backed off with one of the canoe oars, holding his own against the Cardiac's attack, while the Marvel Rangers fought against their own Cardiacs.

Standing nearby, though hidden from sight, the RogueKnight of Mud watched the battle. Though his gaze was not directed upon the Marvel Rangers, at all. The RogueKnight was watching Gene.

The RogueKnight of Mud quietly hummed. "That one is very resourceful. I wonder why he wasn't given Ranger powers? Perhaps he is the key toward defeating these Marvel Rangers. Yes."

As the fight continued, the RogueKnight of Mud worked his way around behind Gene, and during a suprise movement, Gene was grabbed from behind and pulled backwards into a quickly closing portal.

At a certain swampy location in the magical dimension, Gene found himself tied securely to a tree, as the RogueKnight of Mud sat across from Gene. "So... you're the only warrior who doesn't have powers. What I want to know is... why not?"

Gene spit at the RogueKnight, but he missed. "I'm not telling you anything, RogueKnight! Just wait until my friends show up to rescue me!"

The RogueKnight of Mud released a breath of air, while shaking his head. "That attitude won't do at all. But if you want to hold out for your friends, so be it. I'll return in a few hours. Maybe you'll feel like talking then." He stood up and stepped through the portal that appeared moments ago, then the portal closed and was gone.

Now Gene was all alone in this swamp in the magical dimension. He decided to do the best thing he thought he could do.

"HELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!"

Back on Earth, at the lake shore, the three Marvel Rangers continued fighting the Cardiacs, when suddenly, Bill, Zakki and Kimba arrived in their Marvel Ranger identities, and joined in on the fight! With the team's full strength in one area, the Cardiacs were quickly defeated, as they exploded into playing cards. A 52-card pick up, multiple times!

Thomas looked around and exclaimed, "Where's Gene?"

Everyone started looking around for Gene, when suddenly, all six heard the familiar chimes in their head, as they came over to look into the lake waters.

Sure enough, it was my immortal unicorn brothers and I.

Solomon exclaimed, "Rangers, your friend Gene was captured by the RogueKnight of Mud, who brought Gene over to this world. Unfortunately, we don't know where he took Gene, once here, but now you know what happened to your friend. There is no telling what the RogueKnight of Mud is plotting, so be on your best guard against him."

I then added, "Also be warned... the RogueKnight of Mud is generally the friend to all animal kids. Don't tell any kids that you plan on fighting the RogueKnight of Mud or they'll report your actions to him."

Zakki replied, "We'll be on our guard, guys. Thanks." Zakki turned to the rest of us. "But how are we going to find Gene? The Magical Dimension is huge and there is the time differential."

All six called their parents with their cellphones and all gave the same story. Another all weekend camping trip. Hey, they had to tell them something!

Afterwards, Bill said, "I think I know who we can ask for help, guys."

End of Chapter 02

Comment

Chapter 03

Soon, the Marvel Rangers stood in front of a large building located atop a mountain in the Magical Dimension. The sign over the double wide doors read, "Dimensional Courier Service."

Jase exclaimed, "Dimensional Courier Service! Your friend Jerry Candlewisp works here, right Bill?"

Bill nodded his head. "Yeah. He helped me the last time and offered to help again. And now, we need help. Who better to know the whole Magical Dimension than the guys who have to deliver things all over it?"

The six Marvel Rangers walked inside and up to the front desk, where Zakki rang the desktop bell. Several times, rapidly.

From out of the back room, a very large neon griffon tread forth. "Customers or couriers?"

Bill stepped forward. "We're the Marvel Rangers. One of your couriers, Jerry Candlewisp, works here. We need the courier's help in locating someone."

The neon griffon exclaimed, "The heroes! What an honor it is to make your acquaintances! I am Byron Nyteglow, owner of the Courier Services! Jerry told me all about you, Blue Ranger! The invitation Jerry presented forth to you will always be open, whenever you like! How can we, the Couriers, aid you, the Heroes?"

Bill was blushing as he continued to speak. "A friend of ours, Gene Skullovitch, was kidnapped by the RogueKnight of Mud and brought over into this world. We were hoping you'd know where the RogueKnight might've taken our friend to."

Byron led the Marvel Rangers over to a wall map and a tabletop 3-dimensional minimap. The scene on the tabletop currently showed the area that they were in. "We are here... and the RogueKnight of Mud's domain is..." He touched an area on the wall map. "...here." And as he touched the wall map, the 3-dimensional map's image changed to display the swampy region that the RogueKnight lived within. "If your friend is anywhere, this would be the area he'd be in. But be warned... Benalda the Shroom Witch also lives near that area. And she doesn't like humans all too well."

Katrina exclaimed, "And she especially doesn't like humans who pick defenseless mushrooms!"

Kimba growled, "Hey!"

Cat fight among the Marvel Rangers!

It was about all they could do to separate Katrina and Kimba from each other, but the Marvel Ranger boys succeeded. Bill thanked Byron for his help and promised to return for trial jobs, then the Marvel Rangers took flight, heading off to find Gene.

Bill smiled. "Byron was pretty nice. I can see why Jerry likes working for him."

End of Chapter 03

Comment

Chapter 04

"HELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!" Gene's throat was beginning to become parched and hoarse from yelling for help. "...No one is going to find me here..."

At about that moment, Gene heard someone, from behind the tree he was tied to, say, "He tied these good and tight, didn't he? No matter... an expert fox always comes prepared! And no, not like that! Get your mind out of the gutter! Although... I haven't had a good mate in many years! Now, let's see what this does..."

Gene suddenly heard what sounded like a chainsaw start up directly behind him, and then, the whole tree shuddered, as the ropes suddenly popped off of Gene, making him fall forward into the mud, face first! Ker-splat!

The next sensation Gene had was being lifted up and out of the mud, and being carried over the shoulder of something with a very bushy fox's tail! The carried dash was soon joined by a beaver boy, a mink girl, a moose boy, and a tiger girl.

After a good lengthy run, out of the swamp, through a forest, and through a deep stream of water, the five of them came to a halt inside the entrance to a cavern that looked like an ancient temple's entrance. Only then was Gene set down against one wall and examined.

The tiger girl exclaimed, "What is it, Todd?"

The fox boy, who was Todd, replied, "He looks human, Suma! I think we did a good job, Marvel Rangers! We rescued a human!"

Gene blinked his eyes! Marvel Rangers? They aren't the Marvel Rangers... are they? "Who are you guys? I'm Gene, by the way..."

Suma grinned. "We're the Marvel Rangers, of course. I'm Suma. The fox is our leader, Todd. The beaver is Gears. The mink is Leia. And the moose is Charger."

Each of those introduced acknowledged their names when spoken.

Gene said, "So, now that you rescued me, I guess you guys need to 'power down' now, don't you?"

Gears whispered, "He knows about that! Maybe he's the one... you know..."

Todd hummed. "Gene, we need to test you. To see if you're the chosen sixth ranger. I promise, you won't be hurt. But if you pass the test, you'll become a member of our team."

Gene arched an eye. "Huh? What do you want me to do?"

Todd smiled, helping Gene to his feet, then the six walked further back into the old temple to a sealed door with ancient writings. As soon as Gene touched the seal, it glowed and pulsed, as it suddenly spoke. "Are you to be tested?"

End of Chapter 04

Comment

Chapter 05

Gene replied, "Yes. I am Gene Skullovitch. A boy from Earth. I have been asked to be tested."

The ancient seal's writings suddenly shifted from the old tongue into English. "Decipher my puzzle. If you can do this, the seal will be lifted, and you, and your friends, will be awarded with the heroic power of the olden ways. Speak wisely, for you only get one chance. If you fail, you will be given no more chances to try. Begin..."

Oddly enough, there were six questions. The answers were obviously only part of the solution. Unsealing the door surely could not be that easy. And the seal had said that he only got one chance to answer correctly, thus... of six answers, only one could be true.

PUZZLE OF THE SEAL:

1. For which Delilah stole to cause it's opposite to strike it's former holder. What am I?

2. I am what dedicated warriors hold dear, and if I lose this, I am soiled in the eyes of my lord. What am I?

3. This is a result of hard work, perseverance, and planning. What am I?

4. Without me, the lion of Oz would only be able to seek my common name. What am I?

5. I am what aids you in avoiding strikes, yet through me, balance is upheld. What am I?

6. I seek no rewards, I seek no fame; Without this forgotten virtue, I live in shame. What am I?

COMBINE THE RESULTS TO GET THE ANSWER TO THIS PUZZLE. YOU GET ONLY ONE CHANCE.
          Gene hummed, quietly studying the puzzle of the seal. Delilah tricked Samson into cutting his hair, the source of his Strength. So, Strength is the answer to the first puzzle. Dedicated warriors... the only dedicated warriors I know of are the Samurai of Japan, and the thing that they hold dear, in the eyes of their lords, is Honor. So, Honor is the answer to the second puzzle. Hard work, perseverance, and planning. Back in school, these are the things that are required to be able to achieve greatness. Achievement! That's the answer to the third puzzle. The lion of Oz was the Cowardly Lion. And he was seeking Courage. But Courage would be it's common name. What fancy name would fit Courage? Hum... Oh! Of course! It's Zeal! Zeal is the answer to the fourth puzzle. Avoiding strikes and balance... sounds like Agility, to me. So, Agility must be the answer to the fifth puzzle. No rewards, no fame... and it's a virtue. If you turn down rewards and fame, and simply seek to live a simple life, people often say that you're just being modest. So, Modesty must be the answer to the sixth puzzle.

Gene took a slow breath, as he closed his eyes, then opened them again, slowly. Strength, Honor, Achievement, Zeal, Agility, and Modesty. Combine the results to get the answer. Strength, Honor, Achievement, Ze- A light bulb suddenly went on in his head. Oh surely not that! But... that's what it spells! SHAZAM! The word of power! But... but I thought...

The others could tell that Gene was about to give an answer, as they all touched Gene, showing their reassurance and support.

Todd whispered, "You can do it, Gene. We're with you."

Gene reached out and touched the seal, once again, and shouted, "SHAZAM!"

A magical bolt of lightning suddenly struck him, as his entire body was suddenly aglow with a brilliant white light, His one-piece white uniform with reflective silver racing stripes suddenly materialized, followed by silver breastplate armor, white armored boots and white armored gauntlets shaped like big furry four fingered funny animal paws, and a white cape with golden racing stripes along it's borders which was fastened with a silver cord like rope. A lightning bolt symbol appeared on his breastplate armor, as his head reshaped into that of an anthropomorphic rabbit, with long ears, and was then covered by his lightning helm with a transition lens visor. A rabbit's tail appeared from the back of the uniform, as a terrific crash of thunder was heard all around him.

The seal glowed brightly, then vanished, as the other five also found themselves empowered by the seal's release, as all six were costumed similarly. Just beyond the now open doorway, was a fantastic sight. Within full view was various vehicles, as well as, the majestically awesome Thunder Al'mi-raj Zord!

End of Chapter 05

Comment

Chapter 06

Following the Courier's map, the true Marvel Rangers arrived in the swamp that the RogueKnight of Mud called his home. Their goal was to locate Gene. But as soon as they arrived, the Marvel Rangers were attacked by Cardiacs and Mudmen, initiating a great martial arts battle between the grunts and the rangers!

The RogueKnight of Mud watched with glee, growling out orders to his followers, though his followers were soon pulling back. "Mudmen! Merge and reform!" As the RogueKnight of Mud shouted this order, the group of Mudmen all came together, forming a massively huge Mudman monster!

Thomas shouted, "This doesn't look good, guys! Time to summon our zords!"

The Marvel Rangers shouted, "Marvel Zords! Online!" From a pinpoint in the sky over the swamp, the Marvel Zords came flying into view. Among the zords were the Red Unicorn, the Yellow Sunraven, the Black Satyr, the Blue Raccoon, the Pink Vixen, and the Green Centaur. As the zords landed in the surounding area, the Marvel Rangers leaped skywards, landing in the pilot seats of their zords, each ready for battle.

The Mudman monster then engaged battle with the Marvel Zords, appearing to do much better than his opponents, due to his direct connection with the swamp. Soon, the Marvel Zords found themselves in serious trouble, as each were mired down in the swampy ooze.

The RogueKnight of Mud cackled with glee! "You see, Marvel Rangers! You cannot win! This is my realm! And in my realm, I control everything!"

"That's what you think, you sloppy fiend!"

Everyone then noticed, standing atop a high tree, an anthropomorphic rabbitman. He was garbed in a one piece white uniform with reflective silver racing stripes. This was covered by silver breastplate armor, and he wore white armored boots and white armored gauntlets that were shaped like big furry funny animal paws. He had a white cape with golden racing stripes along it's borders, which was fastened with a silver cord like rope. A lightning bolt symbol adorned the center of his breastplate armor, while his long-eared rabbit head was covered by a lightning helm with a transition lens visor. "I am the Thunder Rabbit Ranger! And you have not yet faced my strength, vile one!"

The RogueKnight of Mud growled, "Bring it on, Rabbit! What power do you have?"

The Thunder Rabbit Ranger shouted, "Al'mi-raj! Online!" (See Footnote Below.) The mighty Thunder Al'mi-raj Zord came bounding out of nowhere, drop kicking the Mudman monster with it's powerful feet, sending the Mudman crashing on top of the RogueKnight of Mud! The Thunder Rabbit Ranger then leaped high into the sky, landing in the pilot's seat of his zord! "Time for a Heat Wave!"

Suddenly, the moisture throughout the entire swamp suddenly evaporated, as the Marvel Zords were suddenly freed from where they had been trapped!

End of Chapter 06

Footnote:
            An Al'mi-raj is a magical creature that generally roams pastures and woodlands. It normally resembles a large golden hare with a long black or white horn protruding forwards from the center of it's forehead, resembling that of a unicorn. It is both nimble and fearless in battle, and has an acute sense of smell and very sharp eyesight. Like a unicorn, it can dimension door (teleport) limited distances, up to three times per day. It's speed is one and a half times that of a human, while it's nimbleness makes it very difficult to strike.

Comment

Chapter 07

Jase shouted, "We're free, guys! Let's bring our zords together!"

The six Marvel Rangers shouted as one, "Immortals Ascend!" The six zords began charging, side by side, as they began to glow! The Green Centaur leaped into the sky, changing into a great torso! Then, the Pink Vixen and the Blue Raccoon reshaped into powerful legs, as they linked into the bottom of the torso! The Black Satyr split into two pieces, as they reshaped into arms and hands, linking into the sides of the torso! Next, the Red Unicorn reshaped into the head, with it's mane and tail becoming the megazord's cape and body armor, as it linked into the top of the torso! Finally, the Yellow Sunraven spread it's wings, as it sank it's claws into the back of the torso's shoulder blades, becoming great, sharp, blade like wings! Then, the megazord flared up brightly, as all six Marvel Rangers found themselves within the Command Center in the head of the Mighty Marvel Megazord!

The Thunder Rabbit Ranger shouted, "Thunder Bunny Mode!" Suddenly, the mighty Thunder Al-mi'raj Zord rapidly grew, becoming Megazord sized. The glowing images of the six virtues of power appeared in a circle all around the zord's body, as lightning bolts began striking various parts of the zord's body. Where a bolt would strike, silver armor plating, with gold and white racing stripes would appear instantly. Then, a great one horned bunny shaped helm settled unto it's head, as a massive lightning shaped thundersword shot out of the sky, landing within it's grasp. The ever-powerful Al-mi'raj Megazord had appeared!

Katrina exclaimed, "His megazord is awesome, guys!"

Zakki hummed. "But I thought the unicorns didn't give out their powers to locals. Isn't that what they told us when they gave us their powers?"

Kimba replied, "Yeah! What's the deal?"

Thomas exclaimed, "As soon as this mess is over with, we'll go ask them! Look out, guys! Here comes the Mudman!"

Bill shouted, "Fight now; discuss powers later!"

The Mudman rushed the megazords, with the intent to swamp them both in a muddy sticky embrace!

Then, the Thunder Rabbit Ranger shouted, "Duststorm!" And instantly, a dry wind of dust appeared and struck the Mudman, knocking him backwards!

Jase exclaimed, "That Ranger has the power to control the weather! Let's take out the monster, guys! The Thunder Rabbit Ranger has given us a clean shot!"

Triple M grabbed two of the blades off of it's back, one in each hand, and cleaved a giant "X" of power upon Mudman's body, destroying him in a mighty blast, sending clumps of dried out, dead mud in all directions! Triple M then turned around and struck it's victory pose, as the Marvel Rangers shouted, "Yeah! All right! We did it!"

End of Chapter 07

Comment

Chapter 08

The Al-mi'raj Megazord stood facing the Mighty Marvel Megazord. The Thunder Rabbit Ranger exclaimed, "Well done, Marvel Rangers! Your friend that you seek is nearby! I have to go now!" And with that, the Al-mi'raj Megazord simply vanished!

Jase hummed. "How did he know we were looking for someone?"

Thomas replied, "That's a good question."

Kimba smiled. "I think I have a new dreamboat hero to drool over."

Zakki and Katrina looked at each other and stifled some guffaws.

Bill exclaimed, "Let's find Gene and then go see the elders!"

Everyone exclaimed, "Right!"

And the Triple M was soon gone, as the Marvel Rangers continued their search for Gene. And within a few minutes, they soon found Gene. Tied to a tree. Gene's new animal friends had just barely gotten him retied and hid themselves just moments before he was discovered.

Thomas and Jase broke the ropes apart with their Marvel strength, as Zakki and Bill helped Gene to his feet. Katrina provided Gene with some water from her canteen.

Kimba asked, "Are you okay, Gene?"

Gene replied, "I am now, thanks to you guys. The RogueKnight of Mud thought I was a Ranger. Imagine that... me, a Marvel Ranger?"

Jase chuckled, patting Gene on the shoulder. "Maybe someday, Gene. But you stuck it through and didn't despair. And now, you're safe again."

Thomas said, "But now, we need to go speak to the unicorn elders. Something weird occurred just before we found you. We ran into another Marvel Ranger."

Zakki added, "But this guy was one of the locals. A rabbit."

Gene arched an eye. "A local? Why would the elders give their powers to a local?"

Bill replied, "We don't know, but we aim to find out. The elders told us originally that they couldn't give their powers to a local. Yet a local now has the power."

Gene hummed. "Then let's get going. They have some explaining to do." Gene casually glanced off into the nearby woods, where he saw his new friends giving him the thumbs up sign. "But I'll just bet that the elders claim to not know what you're talking about."

Katrina growled, "They'd better not claim that!"

End of Chapter 08

Comment

Chapter 09

At the unicorn's hidden valley, Jase exclaimed, "...and that's when this awesome Marvel Rabbit Ranger appeared out of nowhere and saved our tail ends! How come you guys didn't tell us that you had given your powers to a local?"

Solomon replied, "We didn't, Jase. As far as I know, no local has our powers. Perhaps this rabbit found another way to receive the powers he has and made the right choice to use his powers for the side of good."

Kimba said, "You really didn't give the rabbit the Marvel powers? But he was dressed like a Marvel Ranger and even had his own single unit megazord."

Zeus hummed. "If Solomon says that we didn't do it, it's the truth. We didn't do it. And I can tell from your voices that you're not making this up. You should be pleased that you have a secret ally who chooses to aid your team. It's a good omen. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Simply accept it. I am sure you'll see him again soon."

Mercury said, "We'll research this on our end and see what we can come up with."

Atlas said, "But for now, you need to return to Earth. Varnerheim has sent a monster to find you in Angel Glen. The city needs you."

Solomon turned to Gene. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Gene. You are a good friend to Thomas." Solomon then turned to the others. "Go and may the power protect you!"

Thomas exclaimed, "Let's do it, guys!"

The six friends shouted, "SHAZAM!" Magical bolts of lightning struck the six of them, as their bodies were suddenly aglow with a brilliant white light. One piece colored uniforms suddenly materialized, followed by white boots, and a white cape which was fastened with a golden cord like rope. A lightning bolt symbol appeared over their chests, as lightning helms, each with a transition lens visor, appeared over their heads. "Marvel Rangers!"

Thomas said, "We'll drop Gene off at his house, then we'll summon our zords and attack the monster!" Thomas picked up Gene in his arms, and then, he and the Marvel Rangers took flight, and in the blink of an eye, were back on Earth.

Thomas and the others landed at Gene's house, in the back yard.

Thomas said, "You'll be safe here, Gene. I'll see you tomorrow at my spot, okay?"

Gene smiled. "At the spot. You got it. Now go kick some monster tail, guys!"

The Marvel Rangers immediately took flight again, and streaked off to find the monster.

End of Chapter 09

Comment

Chapter 10

Gene hummed. "They might need my help again, but I become a Rabbit when morphed... What if I get stuck like that? I'm so afraid to use my powers..."

Gene tried to not think about the others and the monster fighting each other in the city, but he couldn't. Finally, Gene got up and said, "I can't let them do this alone. They need my help. But I have to do this secretly. My powers are just so lame compared to theirs."

Gene walked over to the center of his back yard. "Time to do this!"

Gene shouted, "SHAZAM!" A magical bolt of lightning suddenly struck him, as his entire body was suddenly aglow with a brilliant white light, His one-piece white uniform with reflective silver racing stripes suddenly materialized, followed by silver breastplate armor, white armored boots and white armored gauntlets shaped like big furry four fingered funny animal paws, and a white cape with golden racing stripes along it's borders which was fastened with a silver cord like rope. A lightning bolt symbol appeared on his breastplate armor, as his head reshaped into that of an anthropomorphic rabbit, with long ears, and was then covered by his lightning helm with a transition lens visor. A rabbit's tail appeared from the back of the uniform, as a terrific crash of thunder was heard all around him. Gene then shouted, "Thunder Rabbit Ranger!"

Gene smiled as he felt the power once again. "Now for my zord!"

Gene shouted, "Al`mi-raj! Online!" The mighty Thunder Al`mi-raj Zord came bounding out of nowhere, landing a great thump within the view! Gene then leaped high into the sky, landing in the pilot's seat of his zord!

As Gene piloted the zord toward the battle, he shouted, "Thunder Bunny Mode!" Suddenly, the mighty Thunder Al`mi-raj Zord rapidly grew, becoming Megazord sized. The glowing images of the six virtues of power appeared in a circle all around the zord's body, as lightning bolts began striking various parts of the zord's body. Where a bolt would strike, silver armor plating, with gold and white racing stripes would appear instantly. Then, a great one horned bunny shaped helm settled unto it's head, as a massive lightning shaped thundersword shot out of the sky, landing within it's grasp. The ever-powerful Al`mi-raj Megazord had appeared!

At the battle scene, the Mighty Marvel Megazord was fighting Troja Helen, a female monster with the power to cause volcanic eruptions where ever she directed!

Jase shouted, "If we could get a clear shot, we could take this monster out!"

Katrina shouted, "We need something to distract her! But what?"

Just then, the ever-powerful Al`mi-raj Megazord landed just behind Troja Helen! The Thunder Rabbit Ranger exclaimed, "Time for teamwork again, my friends!"

Thomas exclaimed, "It's him! The Thunder Rabbit Ranger! How'd he get to Earth?"

The Al`mi-raj Megazord power punched Troja Helen directly in the back, causing her to turn around to fight the new threat! The Mighty Marvel Megazord grabbed two of the blades off of it's back, one in each hand, and cleaved a giant "X" of power upon Troja Helen's back, causing a mighty explosion!

End of Chapter 10

Comment

Chapter 11

Later that afternoon, the six friends were meeting at the old abandoned skating rink, which had oddly become their unofficial command center. Katrina had brought the food and drinks, and the others sat around discussing the most recent events.

Bill said, "So who do you guys think this rabbit ranger is?"

Kimba pondered this, then said, "If he had been a fox, I'd have said he was my bounty hunter friend. But a rabbit? I didn't think we'd met any rabbits."

Zakki exclaimed, "I certainly never saw any rabbits in the Slinky Unicorn."

Thomas turned to Jase. "I met a few rabbits at the breeding farm, but this guy's style isn't their style at all. So I would have to disqualify them as being this rabbit ranger."

Katrina said, "It's funny that even the unicorn elders don't know who this rabbit ranger is. And where is he drawing his powers from?"

Jase sipped his drink, then said, "Whoever this rabbit guy is, he knows who we are. And that makes me think that it's someone we've had to have met sometime in the last few weeks."

Thomas smiled. "If he wasn't a rabbit, I'd have said he was Gene. But that's impossible because Gene was tied up to that tree in the swamp when we saw the rabbit the first time and Gene isn't a rabbit anyway. He's as human as we are."

Bill stood up. "I hate to suggest this, but maybe this rabbit is one of Varnerheim's RogueKnights. They know who we are, and they, like us, have access to both the other world and Earth."

Zakki said, "I sure hope you're wrong, Bill. That rabbit is clearly on our side."

Katrina smiled. "I thought he was kind of cute..."

Jase laughed. "You better watch your mouth or your boyfriend, Mercury, will get jealous!"

Katrina retorted, "HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!"

Everyone laughed, as Katrina headed into the bathroom to cool off.

As Katrina looked in the mirror, she saw Mercury looking back at her. Mercury had a frown on his muzzle. "So you don't like me at all. Well don't worry, you won't ever have to look at me again. Goodbye, Katrina." And Mercury's image faded from the mirror, leaving her own image in the mirror.

Katrina suddenly felt horrible. "...Mercury... I didn't mean it..." But his image did not return, leaving Katrina feeling even more empty than before.

End of Chapter 11

Comment

Chapter 12

At Varnerheim's Fortress, King Varnerheim and his RogueKnights were also wondering who this new rabbit ranger was. "Someone has to know who this rabbit is! He interfered in our plans!"

The RogueKnight of Smoke entered the chamber from a side corner and said, "I have a report. The unicorn wizards do not know who the rabbit is either. And neither do the human Marvel Rangers. This rabbit seems to be a Loner. A presence who is outside of any team."

The RogueKnight of Ice said, "If he is a Loner, then perhaps we can use this to our advantage. I've personally never liked Black Knights. But a use is a use."

Suddenly, the RogueKnight of Flame strode into the throne room. "Your majesty! A warrior from the sky has requested an audience with you! He seems shady, but he promises that this meeting will be well worth your while!"

King Varnerheim sat back in his throne. "Show him in! This should be entertaining!"

The RogueKnight of Flame departed the chamber, and said to the person waiting nearby, "He has agreed to meet with you. Be on your best behavior, if that's possible."

What walked into King Varnerheim's throne room was a ratman dressed in the clothes of a galactic starship captain, save for the skull and crossbones symbol on his jacket. "Arr, your majesty! I be Space Pirate Captain Scar Wratheratt! Scourge of the space lanes! And have I got an offer for you...!"

King Varnerheim sat up and slowly clapped his hands. "An amusing introduction, Scar. But get on with it. What do you want from me?"

Scar grinned, as he folded his arms. "An enemy of mine is coming to your area. Worse, he's a Power Ranger."

The RogueKnight of Ice exclaimed, "Not another Power Ranger! We have our own to mess with!"

Scar continued to grin. "Aye, that you do. Or... you did." He paused with a chuckle. "What I am proposing is this... I will personally keep your rangers busy while you are capturing my enemy, the Yellow Yin-Yang Earth Ranger. He's a slippery one and he packs quite the wallop, so don't underestimate his power. And his power is to summon meteors, but now that you know this, you can possibly use that against him. Capture this bilge boy for me and I will pay you a hefty sum of space treasure. But if you can't do it, then you don't even want to imagine what I can do."

King Varnerheim stood up and pondered this offer. "RogueKnights! We will accept Scar's offer! He has only asked us to deal with one Ranger; not a whole team of Rangers! He will distract our enemies in the meantime and has offered to pay us for the capture of his enemy! And... he has even gone so far as to inform us of his enemy's special power! We can do this!"

The RogueKnight of Mud was very uneasy about this alliance and kept his silence...

End of Chapter 12
                        End of WG: PRMT-05: When Lightning Strays

Stay tuned for WG: PRMT-06: Yin-Yang Thunder

Comment

Working...
                        X