Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRDG-S1-01 Guardian Powers Arise

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRDG-S1-01 Guardian Powers Arise

Power Rangers: Dragon Guardians
    Episode One: Guardian Powers Arise
    By Darrel Vanwinkle (Lord Pouchlaw)
    September 11th, 2017

Power Rangers Dragon Guardians:
    Eugene Skullovitch, Water Guardian, Green Dragon Ranger
    Lionel Seward, Air Guardian, Blue Dragon Ranger
    Aiko Ling, Earth Guardian, Gold Dragon Ranger
    Kaitlin Eyrynson, Fire Guardian, Red Dragon Ranger

Known Allies:
    The Magician: Also known as Tomek Trueheart. He is the magical mentor of the Dragon Guardians.

Known Villains:
    Dragon King Vudula Sunstriker
    Weyrlock Krystalshard
    General Baphozak Honorsmaze
    General Grim Shadowarc
    General Glacyra Yceswan
    General Pandemona Yceswan
    Peregrin "Foole" Seward
    The Shadodraks adorable flying flexible sexy minions. Each General has one with them at all times.
    The Drakogyles soldier grunts, the annoying distraction; but very skilled.

Disclaimer: I do not own Power Rangers, Power Ranger Productions, Kamen Rider, nor any semblance of the Super Sentai franchise references in said series. Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch is a character from Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season. All other characters and villains are of my own creation. All rights are reserved.
    Chapter One
    Once every thousand years, the world of magic aligns with the world of science and during that time fantastic creatures and powerful beings are said to roam both worlds. The last time this happened in 1004 A.D., kings and their knights forged for themselves great renown and mighty legends in their battles against dragons and their quests for the unicorn's horn. Today the two worlds are once again about to align and the dragon king is prepared with his army to challenge and defeat the evil humans who sought to destroy his people long ago.

Jupiter Beach, Florida; circa June 2003

The still night air around an open fairground just outside of the city was suddenly assaulted by a sudden, though minimal blast of air and thunder. Standing within the epicenter of the blast was a being of long forgotten magical power and might along with his draconic army. He scanned the surrounding area before chuckling in an ominous tone that was as draconic as his army in nature. "Those ancient British wizards and sorcerers thought they could banish my army and I, Dragon King Vudula Sunstriker! But I have outwitted them all by escaping backstage where we would not age and could prepare for our next return here in the future! And now that we have arrived in a time where no one remembers us, we can begin anew; in our plans for conquering the world! Come my army, we have a lake fortress to rebuild in this world! My generals will require chambers when I summon them from their imprisonment cells!"

The Dragon King spread his draconic wings, as he took flight into the night sky, leading his army in a flight of dragons toward Lake Okeechobee where the rebuilding of his military fortress would once again rule over all the dragon king would survey.

The Following Morning...

An older teen aged young lady, Kaitlin Erling, awoke in her Jupiter Beach home where she proceeded into her restroom to relieve herself and to shower and get dressed in preparation for her Summer Job on the Boardwalk in on the beach. After emerging from the restroom, she began brushing her long sandy-blond hair as she turned on the TV to get some news and weather.

As Kaitlin brushed her hair, she overheard the news announcer saying, "...and the local authorities are still baffled by the mysteriously huge footprints in the middle of the Jupiter Beach Fairgrounds. Scientists are being called in as we speak, but as of now it is not known whether this is a college prank or a serious situation that might require the assistance of the Power Rangers." Kaitlin blinked her Irish green eyes as the TV camera showed a close-up of the army of clawed foot prints in the bare soil. "Those look like dragon foot prints like Paco showed us from his role playing guide book a few months ago. I hope this isn't a prank of Paco's just to get some attention, despite him being such a cute guy. He is Lionel's friend after all." Kaitlin grabbed her red magic Shop Jacket as she headed for the front door and calling out toward her mother in the kitchen. "Mom? I'm going to work now! Be back later!"

Kaitlin's mom was heard replying, "Okay Kaitlin! Have fun at work!"

Jupiter Beach Boardwalk; Trueheart Magic Shop
    (Magic! Fun! Fool Your Friends!)

Within the old magic shop located along the beachfront boardwalk Kaitlin arrived on her roller blades where as she entered the old shop and smiled to her two friends, black-haired Aiko Ling and dark brown-haired Lionel Seward both of whom were both getting the old shop ready for business. Aiko was a Japanese girl with topaz eyes who wore a golden jacket. Lionel was a native Seminole Indian with piercing grey eyes who wore a green jacket. Kaitlin smiled, "Good Morning, guys. Did you see the news?"

Aiko nodded her head. "The dragon footprints? Yeah, we saw it."

Lionel was sweeping the floors near the curtain which concealed the entrance to the back chambers of their employer. "Very bizarre for this area. Paco told me that he had nothing to do with it but he wishes he had thought of it. That leaves it in the realm of either a college prank or something worse."

Just then, the back curtain parted down the middle, as the shop's owner emerged. He was tall, with bright red hair with hazel eyes and pale skin. He wore a casual black and white magician's outfit, with a Dracula-like red and black reversible opera cape. "This occurrence is far more than that, my friends."

Everyone turned to face their employer as Lionel inquired, "Then what is it?"

The magician paused for dramatic effect, then exclaimed, "Dragon King Vudula has returned from the dimension of gods and magic."

Kaitlin said, "Oh. I wish we could do something to help but we are just teenagers."

The magician smiled. "Actually, there might be something you three can do. An adult could not rightly do it for they are already set in their older ways." The magician's smile turned into a grim visage. "But first we will need the Green Dragonzord Flute Dagger."

Aiko exclaimed, "Huh! What is the Green Dragonzord? And what is a Flute Dagger; some sort of weird weapon?"

The magician smiled again. "The Green Dragonzord was a Power Rangers Zord controlled by the original Green Ranger in Angel Grove, California. To even have a chance of success, we will need that zord's flute dagger. The three of you will travel to Angel Grove Harbor and dive down to retrieve the Green Dragonzord Flute Dagger. It will be in the shape of a musical, though artistic dagger. Go and retrieve this item and with it I can unlock it's power to revive the Guardian Talisman Morphers."

Lionel exclaimed, "Power Rangers? But I thought they were a myth! All Angel Grove seems to be these days is a tourist trap, where they sell Power Rangers souvenirs. It's a pretty disappointing place if you're going there to actually see a Power Ranger in action."
    End of Chapter One

Chapter Two
    The magician replied, "Power Ranger teams come and go but they seem to always arise when there is a danger to the Earth. And with Vudula free upon the Earth once again, I would say that another appearance is imminent. You three will be the newest Power Rangers; with my help, of course."

Kaitlin then asked, "How do we know that this Flute Dagger still exists? If I remember correctly, the Green Ranger lost all of his powers, and his zord, and the dagger, were never seen again."

The magician again replied, "Have faith. It exists. Now go... we really don't have much time."

The three teens left the shop, grabbed their passports and some cash, and boarded a commercial air liner heading for Angel Grove. After a few hours, their plane arrived in Angel Grove. They wasted no time as they immediately headed for the harbor to do some scuba diving.

They were in luck. When they arrived, the beach was empty, though a single fisherman sat on the pier with his line off in the waters. The three friends, got into their swimwear, and swam out and began their dives. After a few attempts, they returned to the beach, almost directly beneath the pier. They were pretty disappointed. Lionel said, "I don't get it. The Flute Dagger Talisman has got to be here. We really need it to save Florida."

Up on the pier, the fisherman lifted his head, having heard those words from Lionel as he slowly rose and peeked over the railing at the three teenagers. He exclaimed, "Excuse me! Are you three looking for an ornate green and gold dagger?"

Kaitlin replied, "Yeah, we are. Do you know something about it?"

The young fisherman pulled out the very dagger from his belt. "Is this it?" He showed it to the three from the railing.

Kaitlin exclaimed, "That's it! May we have it?"

The slender raven-haired fisherman thought about it for a second before replying, "No."

Lionel looked at the others, then back to the young fisherman again. "Why not? We really need it to save the world."

The slender raven-haired fisherman replied, "You know... after all the years I've lived here in Angel Grove, suffering repeated humiliations at the Juice Bar, and being treated like a total buffoon, I was at the very bottom. Everything I ever tried to be good at, failed. Miserably. I had about given up on ever being good at anything... then yesterday morning... I was fishing here at this pier, and I got something snagged on my line. When I pulled it out of the water, I found out that it was this dagger. And of course, I instantly knew what it was. I had only seen it used about a billion times. Green Ranger's Dragon Dagger. I finally had a Power Ranger's weapon. But then, in a moment of total brilliance, I got to thinking. If I found this item so suddenly, then surely Power Rangers would show up needing it. That was yesterday. And now... here you are. You say you need it badly."

Aiko said, "Oh. We are sorry you were humiliated, sir. I'm Aiko Ling from Jupiter Beach, Florida. This is Kaitlin Erling and Lionel Seward. Who are you?"

The slender raven-haired fisherman was surprised by the change in tact as he replied, "I am Eugene Skullovitch, though I was often referred to as Skull by the other teenagers. I was a follower; a bully; not a nice guy. I tried to do anything that would bring me fame and fortune. My only friend, at the time, left Earth on board Terra Venture. For a time I helped the Street Virtue Rangers in their batttles against street gangs locally."

Kaitlin nodded her head. "We're sorry to hear that, Eugene. We really need that talisman dagger. A new villain has risen in Florida and we need that weapon in order to unlock new ranger morphers." Lionel then added, "And we are in a hurry. Dragon King Vudula wants to conquer the world. We have to stop him."

Eugene stood there for a moment, in deep thought... then, he said, "I'll tell you what... let me come along and help and I will lend you the Flute Dagger. Do we have a deal?"

Aiko replied, " You have a deal. You are in; but we need to get going."

Eugene blinked his eyes. "Just like that? You're letting me in?"

Lionel smiled. "We are in a hurry. There isn't time for bargaining, Eugene. If the only way you'll let us have the talisman is by joining us, then yes... we're letting you join."

Eugene smiled as a tiny tear leaked from one eye. He had some flashbacks to scenes of long ago, the good times, the bad times before he slowly refocused and said seemingly to no one, "This time, Dominik, my old friend; I get to be a hero. Come on, guys. We need to stop by my place so I can pack my gear." After Eugene had packed his things and leaving a text message for his friend Dominik Ratt, the Bronze Street Virtue Ranger, to explain where he had gone and why, it didn't take the four long to board the air flight back to Jupiter Beach where they returned to the magic shop on the boardwalk. Once inside, the three friends introduced Eugene to their magician employer.

The magician greeted Eugene and welcomed him to Jupiter Beach. He then asked, "May I see the Green Talisman please?" Eugene unpacked the dagger and showed it to the magician as he examined it and concentrated on its power. The dagger began to glow in a pale emerald light. Everyone was amazed that the dagger still had power though Eugene was the most amazed.
    End of Chapter Two

Comment

Chapter Three
      Eugene held the glowing dagger, showing it again to the others. Then, Eugene turned to the magician, once again. "Why do you call this a talisman rather than a dagger?"

The magician smiled. "Because that is what this really is. Because you found it, you're the only one who can use it. Events happen for a reason, although, we may never know what these reasons are. For now, if I may again hold the talisman?"

Eugene handed it over.

The magician placed it on a ceremonial table, and began to chant arcane words and Latin phrases. As he did this, the Green Talisman glowed brightly, as several glowing, cue ball sized, orbs of varied colors arose and danced above the ceremonial table. One of the orbs of light, a dark colored orb, suddenly darted out of the shop and flung itself into the cloudy skies of Jupiter Beach. Of those remaining, a small group of orbs also shot out of the shop hurtling to the northwest. It was only at this time did Aiko finally reach the door to close it, to prevent any more orbs from exiting the building. The remaining five orbs slowly calmed themselves and settled down on the ceremonial table around the Green Talisman, becoming talismans themselves of their own special colors. Now, in addition to the Green Talisman, there were five others: Red, Gold, Blue, Ebony, and Ivory. Everyone was again impressed.

The magician exclaimed, "Now, I want each of you to extend your hand toward the Talisman Morphers and say, Dragons Roar! Guardian Powers Arise!"

Eugene extended his hand toward the ceremonial table and exclaimed, "Dragons Roar! Guardian Powers Arise!" The Green Talisman Morpher flared brightly in green flames as the visage of a magnificent Green Dragon appeared between the young man and the table as he roared before striking a pose and exclaiming, "I am Llamarunpalar! The Sea Wyrm Protector and Guardian Leader! Green Dragon Power! Go Eugene, Go!" And then the visage of the green dragon leaped into an arc in the air as the Green Talisman Morpher flared once again as it became a stream of green light as it wrapped around his wrist to form the all new ornate Green Talisman Morpher and then Llamarunpalar dove down into the energy well of the morpher as Eugene was forced to assume a morphing pose before raising his morpher over his chest. "Dragons Roar!" Llamarunpalar then appeared briefly as he dove down inside Eugene's morpher. "Guardian Powers Arise!" Eugene's surroundings became the shores of a turbulent rocky sea shore where he leaped into the air and landed on a large revolving green metallic disc. As the disc revolved in counter-clockwise fashion, his armored uniform appeared over his body followed by his boots and gloves. And finally his green dragon water helm appeared over his head. Then the disc stopped revolving showing a top frontal view of him upon the platform as the whole disc flipped over to reveal Llamarunpalar roaring before the disc flipped over again to show Eugene with the emblem of Llama in a crescent circle in the center of his chest. The large disc then vanished, dropping him back to the rocky sea shore where he landed and struck his ending pose. "Water Guardian! Green Dragon Ranger!" A plume of green colored smoke erupted skyward behind him. Well done, partner! Welcome to the Dragon Guardian Power Rangers team! I will mentor you so you can be a fine leader for the others to follow. We should find a better place to have our headquarters for our dragon battles may accidentally destroy the Magician's place of business.

Lionel extended his hand toward the ceremonial table and exclaimed, "Dragons Roar! Guardian Powers Arise!" The Blue Talisman Morpher flared brightly in blue flames as the visage of a magnificent Blue Dragon appeared between the young man and the table as he roared before striking a pose and exclaiming, "I am Golosurpalax! The Guardian of the Wild Wind and Second in Command! Blue Dragon Power! Go Lionel, Go!" And then the visage of the blue dragon leaped into an arc in the air as the Blue Talisman Morpher flared once again as it became a stream of blue light as it wrapped around his wrist to form the all new ornate Blue Talisman Morpher and then Golosurpalax dove down into the energy well of the morpher as Lionel was forced to assume a morphing pose before raising his morpher over his chest. "Dragons Roar!" Golosurpalax then appeared briefly as he dove down inside Lionel's morpher. "Guardian Powers Arise!" Lionel's surroundings became the peak of a cloudy and windy mountain top where he leaped into the air and landed on a large revolving blue metallic disc. As the disc revolved in counter-clockwise fashion, his armored uniform appeared over his body followed by his boots and gloves. And finally his blue dragon sky helm appeared over his head. Then the disc stopped revolving showing a top frontal view of him upon the platform as the whole disc flipped over to reveal Golosurpalax roaring before the disc flipped over again to show Lionel with the emblem of Golo in a crescent circle in the center of his chest. The large disc then vanished, dropping him back to the ground where he landed and struck his ending pose. "Sky Guardian! Blue Dragon Ranger!" A plume of blue colored smoke erupted skyward behind him. Llama is Eugene's partner; You can call me Golo.

Aiko extended her hand toward the ceremonial table and exclaimed, "Dragons Roar! Guardian Powers Arise!" The Gold Talisman Morpher flared brightly in golden yellow flames as the visage of a magnificent Eastern Gold Dragon appeared between the young lady and the table as she roared before striking a pose and exclaiming, "I am Vincaghalamiir! The Terrestrial Golden Balance Guardian and The Voice of Reason! Gold Dragon Power! Go Aiko, Go!" And then the visage of the gold dragon leaped into an arc in the air as the Gold Talisman Morpher flared once again as it became a stream of golden light as it wrapped around her wrist to form the all new ornate Gold Talisman Morpher and then Vincaghalamiir dove down into the energy well of the morpher as Aiko was forced to assume a morphing pose before raising her morpher over her chest. "Dragons Roar!" Vincaghalamiir then appeared briefly as she dove down inside Aiko's morpher. "Guardian Powers Arise!" Aiko's surroundings became a magnificent Golden celestial temple where she leaped into the air and landed on a large revolving golden metallic disc. As the disc revolved in counter-clockwise fashion, her armored uniform appeared over her body followed by her boots and gloves. And finally her gold dragon earth helm appeared over her head. Then the disc stopped revolving showing a top frontal view of her upon the platform as the whole disc flipped over to reveal Vincaghalamiir roaring before the disc flipped over again to show Aiko with the emblem of Vinca in a crescent circle in the center of her chest. The large disc then vanished, dropping her back to the ground where she landed and struck her ending pose. "Earth Guardian! Gold Dragon Ranger!" A plume of golden yellow colored smoke erupted skyward behind her. You may shorten my name mentally to Vinca; Never shorten a name in front of other dragons if you are not a dragon yourself or else you will find yourself in an unwanted battle for insulting dragon kind.

Kaitlin extended her hand toward the ceremonial table and exclaimed, "Dragons Roar! Guardian Powers Arise!" The Red Talisman Morpher flared brightly in volcanic erupting red flames as the visage of a magnificent Eastern Red Dragon appeared between the young lady and the table as she roared before striking a pose and exclaiming, "I am Sygaxaerapalos! The Battle Fire Guardian and The Arms and Gear Tactician! Red Dragon Power! Go Kaitlin, Go!" And then the visage of the red dragon leaped into an arc in the air as the Red Talisman Morpher flared once again as it became a stream of red flames as it wrapped around her wrist to form the all new ornate Red Talisman Morpher and then Sygaxaerapalos dove down into the energy well of the morpher as Kaitlin was forced to assume a morphing pose before raising her morpher over her chest. "Dragons Roar!" Sygaxaerapalos then appeared briefly as she dove down inside Kaitlin's morpher. "Guardian Powers Arise!" Kaitlin's surroundings became that of an erupting volcano and field of flowing hot magma where she leaped into the air and landed on a large revolving red metallic disc. As the disc revolved in counter-clockwise fashion, her armored uniform appeared over her body followed by her boots and gloves. And finally her red dragon fire helm appeared over her head. Then the disc stopped revolving showing a top frontal view of her upon the platform as the whole disc flipped over to reveal Sygaxaerapalos roaring before the disc flipped over again to show Kaitlin with the emblem of Sygax in a crescent circle in the center of her chest. The large disc then vanished, dropping her back to the ground where she landed and struck her ending pose. "Fire Guardian! Red Dragon Ranger!" A plume of red colored smoke erupted skyward behind her.
      End of Chapter Three

Comment

Chapter Four
        Kaitlin then heard her dragon's mental voice within her head. Call me Sygax; Touch your friend's morphers and I will share the team weapons and other gear right now instead of later. Never rely on a mentor to decide when you are ready for power. If you were truly not ready, then we would not have partnered with you at all. Be in charge of your own destiny, Kaitlin. But allow Eugene to lead for now and learn from his tact. He has much former Power Ranger knowledge.

The four young adults looked at each other and shouted, "Power Rangers!"

The magician smiled before continuing, "Well done, my friends! Now, I strongly believe that we can put a crimp into Vudula's conquest plans. Kaitlin, the Red Talisman chose you, so you control the powers of fire. Aiko, the Golden Talisman chose you, so you control the powers of earth. Lionel, the Blue Talisman chose you, so you control the powers of sky. And Eugene; as I said before, the Green Talisman chose you, so you control the powers of water. Together, you are all the new Dragon Guardian Power Rangers."

Kaitlin then said, "My dragon instructed me to touch everyone's morphers and assign the weapons and gear right now instead of waiting for later. She said that we should control our own destiny and while you can mentor us, Boss, it is not your decision to say when you think we are ready for more power. However, she did tell me that I should allow Eugene to lead since he has more Power Rangers knowledge and experience over the rest of us."

The magician chuckled. "Then you best do as your dragon partner says, Kaitlin. I happen to remember that dragons do not like to be ignored after they give out instructions."

The magician watched the rangers receive their gear from the arms and gear tactician dragon guardian before saying, "When the time is right, I will tell you how to summon your Zords, but for now, you should power down. The hardest part of being a power ranger now begins. Waiting for our enemy to make the first move. When he does, I will contact you."

Kaitlin asked, "And what of the remaining talismans? What will become of them?"

The magician replied, "They are for the other rangers when they arrive. For now, I will place them into safe keeping." He then more strongly said, "Power down. I said I would inform you of the right moment to go into action. Until then, please remember that your dragon partners are heroes in their world and they can speak mentally; they have much knowledge they can educate you in. So learn whatever they choose to share with you."

The four young adults powered down as the magician took the remaining talismans into his personal chambers behind the curtain.

Lionel smiled as he removed his green work jacket and he handed it to Eugene. "Something tells me that you should wear this. Green and Blue were my favorite colors so I would say that it all worked out for the best."

Eugene nodded his head as he put on the green work jacket. Kaitlin and Aiko smiled patting Eugene's shoulders while Lionel fetched a blue work jacket out of storage and put it on. Now, the waiting game began. Lionel asked, "Since you ended up with the Flute blade, Eugene, do you have any other musical talents?"

Eugene smiled. "Believe it or not, I am a trained pianist with a degree in music as well as a degree in law enforcement."

Aiko led Eugene over to a piano in the Employee lounge as she cleared off the lid to the keys. "How about showing us your ability, Eugene. Music could attract customers to the magic shop while we are waiting." Kaitlin smiled. "I think that is a great idea. We are going to be waiting for Vudula to make the first move anyway. Play something fun and professional, Eugene."

While the girls manned the counter and cash register, Lionel did inventory and swept the floors while Eugene proved how talented he was by playing radio favorites on the piano which did seem to attract customers to the magic shop.

Within the magician's workshop, Trueheart contacted a friend to let them know that they had started their Power Rangers team and to be on the lookout for the talisman orbs that got away to the Northwest. Then he smiled as he started to enjoy Eugene's musical talent. "My, he does have the gift. I think the others were lucky to get him on their team."

Sunstriker Dragon Fortress
        Lake Okeechobee, Florida

Dragon King Vudula had not been idle with his time. He had his army building and strengthening his lake fortress while he created his minions, the expendable Shadodraks. Barely humanoid, but loyal to Vudula and his generals. Then Vudula began summoning his five generals and trusted sorcerer from the dimensions from which they were each imprisoned long ago.

The first general to arrive was Baphozak. This general resembled the cross between a black dragon and a Minotaur, in all the worst ways; The second general to arrive was Glacyra. This general resembled the cross between a trumpeter swan and a white dragon, though she more resembled the swan; The third general to arrive was Shadow. This general resembled a morphic boar strong man who had metallic wings, which had vorpal edges. Shadow usually remained very quiet; The fourth general to arrive was Pandemona. This general resembled a morphic parrot, with outrageous colors and a very annoying voice. In other words, she talks a lot; The trusted dragon sorcerer that arrived was Weyrlock. This magical dragon man was slender and appeared to be the cross between a mercury dragon and a stellar dragon, though his appearance was clearly oriental in shape. He wore the robes and jewelry of a sorcerer of a very high and ancient caliber; The final general to arrive was Peregrine Foole. This general seemed completely human, though it was obvious to Vudula that Peregrine was not human. Vudula was pleased that the ancient curse on Peregrine still held the youth in his power.

Vudula exclaimed, "The time is nigh, my generals and mage! The world has forgotten our past deeds, and those who might've defeated us, are long since dead! It is time to conquer the world, and bring the return of all dragonkind!"
        End of Chapter Four

Comment

Chapter Five
          Shadow lifted his head at this moment, as he unfolded his arms, he spoke softly, "Forgive me for speaking, my liege, but how do we know that we will not be opposed? I propose a test run... say, on that city where you first arrived in this world. If our enemies are truly dead, taking over that city will be simple." Shadow fell quiet once again.

Vudula and the others all looked at Shadow.

Shadow rarely spoke unless he thought it was necessary.

Vudula stroked his chin thoughtfully. "Yes, we mustn't get too cocky. There might be a few who might remember our last visit. We will conduct a test run. I will send the Shadodraks into the city to harrass and frighten the people. If there are protectors, they will appear then."

Baphozak grinned. "May I have permission to accompany the Shadodraks, getting involved only if it seems necessary?"

Vudula glanced at Baphozak. "Granted. Let the Shadodraks do their job to the best of their ability. If protectors arrive and somehow defeat them, then you, yourself, may get involved."

Baphozak bowed to Vudula, then, he and the Shadodraks headed off toward Jupiter Beach.

Kaitlin and Lionel were pacing nervously in the magic shop. Aiko was attending the cash register, while the magician was showing Eugene an apartment just upstairs from the magic shop where Eugene could live while in Jupiter Beach. There were a few customers in that afternoon, but were soon gone with their purchases.

Kaitlin said, "Guys, this waiting is driving me crazy."

Aiko smiled. "Find something to do with your free time. Don't think about Vudula; think about school, or soap operas, or even that car you've been wanting."

Lionel said, "The thing I keep thinking about is who the other two rangers will be. And what will become of the orbs that got away. There are too many things to consider. Our employer didn't even seem concerned that the rogue orbs are no longer here."

Aiko hummed. "Maybe he has an idea on where they went. The magician took the remaining ones into his inner sanctum. Those are Ivory and Ebony."

Just then, the magician and Eugene re-entered the room. The magician said, "It's time. Vudula has sent his Shadodraks into Jupiter Beach for reasons unknown. Among all of his troops, the Shadodraks are what you might call an annoyance. But don't be swayed by their somewhat cuteness. They can be as deadly as any warrior. To defeat them, aim for the 'V' marking on their foreheads. It's time to morph."

Kaitlin said, "It's about time. Let's do it, guys!"

The teenagers lined up as they raised their bracers over their chests. "Dragons Roar!" Their dragon partners then appeared briefly as they dove down inside the team's bracers. "Guardian Powers Arise!" Each teenagers appeared within the backgrounds of their element as they each leaped into the air and landed on large revolving colored metallic discs. As each disc revolved in counter-clockwise fashion, their armored uniforms appeared over their bodies, followed by their boots and gloves, and finally a dragon helm of their element. Then their discs stopped revolving showing a top frontal view of the ranger upon each platform as every disc flipped over to reveal their roaring dragon partners before each disc flipped over again to show each ranger with the emblem of their dragon partners in a crescent circle in the center of their chests. Their large discs then vanished, dropping them back to the ground where they landed and struck their ending poses. "Dragon Guardian Power Rangers!" Colored explosions then erupted behind them before their backgrounds returned to normal.

Downtown Jupiter Beach

The business district of Jupiter Beach was overrun by Shadodraks. Just like the Magician had said, the Shadodraks were an annoyance. Unlike Putties and Cogs, Shadodraks were flexible and could fly. This made them even more annoying than the common minions. Although there was one teen age young man whom had come out of his parents pet store and unlike the other adult humans who were yelling and screaming in their attempts to get away from these monsters, the rather cute Spanish young man with dark tan skin and roan like brown hair was rubbing on the Shadodrak's tummies and was occasionally feeding them lizard treats after he had to eat one himself to show them that it was safe to eat. The boy was Lionel's friend, Paco Freydolf.

"This is too easy. The adults are terrified of the Shadodraks, while that one boy is calmly playing with them as if they were new friends," Baphozak said while standing nearby watching the Shadodraks 'play' with their human victims. "I am almost wishing for some knights to come out of retirement to play the hero!"

Just then, the four Power Rangers arrived on the scene as Llamarunpalar mentally said, Remember rangers... Shadodraks are not evil; they are simply under mind control from Vudula. detach the 'V' from their foreheads and they will mentally revert to their old playful selves. Do not kill them or we will punish you when you try to sleep tonight.

Kaitlin exclaimed toward the Dragon General, "How about four heroes?"

Baphozak grinned as he glared through his black dragonish Minotaur eyes. "Shadodraks! Attack and kill the guardian knights!"
          End of Chapter Five

Comment

Chapter Six
            The Shadodraks chasing the adults stopped playing with the normal people, glancing one and all at the Power Rangers before launching themselves at the four would-be heroes. Those with Paco were torn between their new orders and the boy who treated them better than the evil dragons had treated them. Paco said, "Stay with me and I will protect you from the mean knights and the bad dragons." It was no contest after that as the Shadodraks with Paco hid within his shirt as they hugged his torso. Paco giggled. "That tickles."

The Rangers separated and began their fighting styles against the rest of the Shadodraks. Everyone fought pretty well although Eugene seemed to fare the best since he had the previous experience to have had witnessed the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers in action. So he knew exactly what to do.

Baphozak quickly saw that this Green Ranger was perhaps the most dangerous of the four as Eugene defeated the Shadodraks he had fought as he was then facing Baphozak himself. Eugene taunted Baphozak, "Did you fall out of the nest on your face when you were young?" Baphozak growled, "I'll make you wish you'd never been born!" Baphozak launched himself at Eugene, attacking with his claws and fists. Eugene whom had been expecting that maneuver fought back using the martial arts that he had learned from taking classes from Jason Lee Scott at Ernie's Juice Bar in Angel Grove.

The other rangers soon defeated their Shadodraks and watched Eugene fight Baphozak as they admired Eugene's skill in combat. Kaitlin looked at Aiko and Lionel, saying, "Let's give Eugene some backup!" Aiko and Lionel nodded their heads, and the three joined Eugene in battle against Baphozak. During a crowning moment, all four power-punched Baphozak in the stomach, sending him flying backwards, crash landing on his rump on the ground. Eugene exclaimed, "Had enough, ugly?"

Baphozak rose to his feet quickly and replied, "I am actually impressed! And that is no easy task! But let's see how you fare against this!" Baphozak unfolded his wings, slowly folding them around himself as he squat down and growled loudly. Then, Baphozak arose, unfolding his wings, stepping back. On the ground was a large white egg covered with black speckles. Suddenly, the egg shattered, revealing a large, 7 foot tall black dragon called Balauthijhar. Baphozak cackled and yelled, "Attack them!"

This time around, the Power Rangers didn't fare so well. They were fighting a real dragon, and they were getting heavily pummeled by Balauthjhar's draconic attacks. Suddenly, the Magician's voice echoed in the Power Ranger's minds. It is time to summon your Zords! To summon your Zords, raise your morphers and say, Element Guardian; Dragon Name Go!"

Kaitlin raised her Talisman Morpher over her chest. "Fire Guardian!" The Red Talisman began to glow brightly as she pressed the zording button. "Sygax Go!" An awesome glow of brilliant reddish, fiery light cascaded all over Kaitlin, as the Red Dragon Guardian emerged from the Red Talisman swallowing Kaitlin up as they shimmered into their shared fire dragon body; the majestic Red Dragon Guardian Zord had appeared!

Aiko raised her Talisman Morpher over her chest. "Earth Guardian!" The Gold Talisman began to glow brightly as she pressed the zording button. "Vinca Go!" An awesome glow of brilliant golden, bronze like light cascaded all over Aiko, as the Gold Dragon Guardian emerged from the Gold Talisman swallowing up Aiko as they shimmered into their shared dragon body; the majestic Gold Dragon Guardian Zord had appeared!

Lionel raised his Talisman Morpher over his chest. "Sky Guardian!" The Blue Talisman began to glow brightly as he pressed the zording button. "Golo Go!" An awesome glow of brilliant sky blue, sapphire crystal like light cascaded all over Lionel, as the Blue Dragon Guardian emerged from the Blue Talisman swallowing up Lionel as they shimmered into their shared dragon body; the majestic Blue Dragon Guardian Zord had appeared!

Eugene raised his Talisman Morpher over his chest. "Water Guardian!" The Green Talisman began to glow brightly, as he pressed the zording button. "Llama Go!" An awesome glow of brilliant sea green, emerald like light cascaded all over Eugene, as the Green Dragon Guardian emerged from the Green Talisman swallowing up Eugene as they shimmered into their shared dragon body; the majestic Green Dragon Guardian Zord had appeared!

The four rangers shouted, "Dragon Guardians! Hear the Roar and feel the power!"

This seemed to startle Baphozak greatly. "Shadow was right! There ARE Dragon Guardians here!" Baphozak yelled to Balauthijhar, "Destroy the Dragon Guardians for the greater glory of King Vudula! Kill them, Balauthjhar! Kill them!" Balauthijhar complied, attacking the four Dragon Guardians. However, he was simply no match for the combined might of the four determined friends. Finally, Balauthijhar was slammed into the ground at Baphozak's feet, heavily dazed.

Suddenly, Vudula's visage appeared saying, "It is not going well, is it, Baphozak? We must up the ante in this battle." Vudula's eyes glowed as he said, "Paragon Dragon, GROW!" Balauthijhar suddenly grew massively huge. The Paragon Black Dragon became 60 feet tall and 384 feet long. Maximum size for Black Dragons. Vudula commanded, "Annihilate them!"

Kaitlin exclaimed, "Oh crap! How are we supposed to defeat that?!"

Vudula laughed! "You are not supposed to defeat it! Even the old Guardian Knights were powerless against the power of the Paragon! Admit defeat and I might let you four live! Might, though not likely... Dragon Guardians are a perpetual nuisance!"

Lionel exclaimed, "Guys! Unless we get a miracle in the next few minutes this will be the end of the Power Rangers even before we've begun!"

Suddenly, the magician's voice again echoed in the Power Ranger's minds. The time has come to combine your dragon zords! To combine your Dragon Zords, say, IO's chosen! Combine!

Aiko grinned. "That is a voice I love hearing! Let's do it, guys!"
            End of Chapter Six

Comment

Chapter Seven
              The four Rangers shouted, "IO's Chosen! Combine!" Suddenly, a rush of power cascaded over the four as a new combination transformation sequence took place! "MegaDragon Sequence Initiated!" The Blue Dragon Guardian transformed into powerful legs and feet! The Green Dragon Guardian transformed into an invulnerable torso! The Gold Dragon Guardian transformed into a prehensile tail and dexterous arms and hands! The Red Dragon Guardian transformed into the majestic armored wings and a command central dragon-headed battle helmet! The pieces then came together, forming the MegaDragon Guardian! The four Power Rangers found themselves inside the command center within the helmet. "MegaDragon Sequence Complete!"

Vudula was taken aback by this sudden transformation. "NO! That's impossible!"

Paragon Balauthijhar and the MegaDragon Guardian Megazord then initiated fierce combat against each other. Claws, bites, wing buffets, and breath weapons. Then finally, the MegaDragon Guardian summoned it's a flaming power sword, the Mystic Dragonslayer, and a shield of solar energy as it made the defeating arc-slash upon Paragon Balauthijhar! The Paragon Dragon monster fell and exploded in a blast of horrendous fire and smoke! Vudula's visage vanished when his monster was defeated.

Moments later, the four Power Rangers were again facing Baphozak while the MegaDragon Guardian stood in the background behind the Rangers.

Baphozak smiled. "Well done, Dragon Guardians! Again, I am impressed!"

Lionel said, "Are you going to give up now, or do we have to defeat you again?"

Baphozak didn't give rise to the taunt this time. "You have earned my name. I am General Baphozak of Dragon King Vudula's military pentad; the most honorable of the dragon generals. I will give you all another chance to defeat me another time. A good warrior does not provoke battle after a current win or loss. There is always tomorrow." Baphozak then turned to leave.

Kaitlin whispered, "Are we just going to let him leave?"

Eugene stepped forward and called out, "Baphozak!"

Baphozak stopped walking and seemingly tilted his head around a bit. "Yes, Green Ranger?"

Eugene smiled. "You impressed me, too. Perhaps we will not always have to fight when we meet. As you said, there is always tomorrow."

Baphozak also smiled. "Perhaps not, Green Ranger. If we meet and it is only you and I, we will not fight. But if your friends are there... expect combat. Until next time." and he began walking once again to leave the site of the battle.

Lionel whispered, "Eugene! Have you flipped out? He's the bad guy!"

Eugene whispered back, "No. Baphozak is a follower. Like I used to be. It won't always be so. Any chance we can obtain to meet without combat is a possible chance of another ally against Vudula. Besides... there is always tomorrow."

Aiko whispered, "How do you know that he'll keep his word?"

Kaitlin whispered, "I think I see what Eugene is saying. Look at Baphozak. He's trusting us to not back stab him as he leaves. We could easily overpower him... but that's what he's expecting us to do. We'll let him go... this time. He's earned that."

Eugene watched Baphozak vanish into the distance. "Besides, there is something of myself that I can see in Baphozak. When I first taunted him... it was in the heat of battle. Though now that I can reflect back on the action, I feel ashamed to have done so. I thought it was a good idea to offer Baphozak a chance to meet again without combat. A good general does not fight if he can avoid it. There will be more chances, soon enough. For now, let's power down and return to the magic shop."

The others nodded their heads, powering down. As soon as they powered down, the MegaDragon Guardian vanished, as well. The four began heading back to the magic shop.

Moments after Baphozak and the Rangers had departed the area, Weyrlock Krytalshard appeared almost directly beside Paco where he stood with the Shadodraks. Weyrlock was wearing his scientist/sorcerer robes and he had a shadodrak of his own perched upon one shoulder. "Young man... I am Weyrlock Krystalshard, friend to all Shadodraks. Because you selflessly protected my friends the Shadodraks, you have earned a reward from Dragon King Sunstriker. My liege has decreed that you may have anything you want. All you have to do is ask and it is yours."

Paco was a bit startled when this slender dragon man appeared out of nowhere like that. But fearlessly he replied, "I would like a magic ring that would permit me to transform into anything I want to become at will whenever I like. I will only use it to entertain my new friends and other cute animal friends as well."

Weyrlock smiled. "Perhaps it would be better if I taught you how to use that magic so you could do it without the ring. You might lose the ring but personal magic can never be lost. Became my apprentice in magic and I will teach you all the magic you will ever want to learn. Do we have a deal?" He held out his clawed hand toward Paco.

Paco was taken off guard by the offer as he shook Weyrlock's clawed hand with a smile. "You have a deal. Just be warned; my parents have a curfew on me."

Weyrlock grinned. "I can teach you in places where time will not move and you will never be late when your parents call for you. And you will also earn a Shadodrak of your own."
              End of Chapter Seven

Comment

Chapter Eight

The magician was awaiting the four when they returned. He said, "Congratulations on your victories. Making that offer to Baphozak was a classy maneuver, Eugene. Perhaps it can be used to our advantage. Now permit me examine you guys for signs of mental fatigue."

Kaitlin and Aiko arched their eyes.

Lionel asked, "What do you mean by mental fatigue?"

The magician replied, "Morphing into your uniforms and summoning the MegaDragon Guardian derives it's power from the Talisman Morphers. But transforming or merging into your Dragon Guardian partners derives its power from your minds amd personal energy. The longer you spend in their forms, the less you will remember of ever being human. You might start to enjoying being your dragon rather than being a human teenager. Being a Power Ranger is a dangerous endeavor even without the energy drain that your partners place upon your minds unwittingly. They do not mean to do it; it is simply a side affect of their sharing their powers with you." The magician then examined the four carefully noting even the slightest deviations.

Eugene exclaimed, "You mean... there is a chance we could get stuck as dragons if we're not careful?"

The magician replied, "I couldn't have said it better myself." He resumed examining the four being careful not to miss anything.

Kaitlin said, "Then... a lot of our comments in battle was more likely our partners allowing themselves to be heard by our enemies."

The blue glowing image of Golosurpalax appeared in the shop as he gave Lionel a firm hug from behind. "Lionel, a good ranger team should not keep secrets from their team mates. If for some reason you do not know what I am referring to, allow me to state to the Magician that I have been delving into Lionel's deepest memories. Lionel is adopted however... his true father is very much alive. But he is no human; He is a very powerful Native American divine spirit known as Thunderbird. Lionel is one of the three sons of Lord Thunderbird. The youngest son. For some reason, a block was placed upon Lionel's mind to prevent him from knowing his own past. I now bring this to your attention, Magician, since you are checking the rangers for mental fatigue. But the truth and secrets statement applies to even mentors. Tell your charges who you really are or else they will grow to be suspicious of you as they develop as Power Rangers. If they are ready to be Power Rangers, then they are ready to learn how you know of Vudula Sunstriker."

Aiko raised an eye brow at the dragon's statement. "That's right... our employer knew the dragon's name even before we learned it at the battle itself."

The Magician released a sigh before standing up straight and glancing at each charge in the magic shop. "My real name is Tomek Trueheart. I was the former second in command of the original Power Shaman Guardian Knights of 1003 A.D. England. Lord Thunderbird sponsored our team in our battles against the Dragon-Dog Demon Demigod known as Dyrkonix. The main reason I am here in your world is because the Dragon King while under Dyrkonix's control threw my old friend Sylvar Everglow into the future through the Time Vortex. I sadly have not located him as yet. He may even have amnesia currently or be stuck in the form of another species without the ability to change back. Sylvar gave me his morpher before he went to confront Vudula the day after Vudula lost a fight against Dyrkonix. Therefore, when I use his shaman morpher, I can become the Silver Guardian Shaman Ranger. A time knight from ancient times. When I arrived in this era, I contacted Lord Thunderbird and I let him know what my mission was. Months later, Kaitlin, Aiko and Lionel agreed to help me run my magic shop. And finally, last night, Vudula arrived in this era with his army. Hence... Once every thousand years, the world of magic aligns with the world of science and during that time fantastic creatures and powerful beings are said to roam both worlds. The last time this happened in 1003 A.D., kings and their knights forged for themselves great renown and mighty legends in their battles against dragons and their quests for the unicorn's horn. Recently the two worlds aligned once again and Vudula along with his army made the crossing into your world. Should his possession be broken, Dyrkonix would return instantly and then you would be fighting the demon demigod himself instead of mere powerful dragons. I apologize for monologuing at the end but this is a very serious matter. Fighting Dyrkonix is inevitable. But I certainly do not want you facing him without preparation and experience."

Eugene then asked, "Are there any written information about this demigod and possible artist conception pictures of him that we could study? Understanding what we would be up against could help us to prepare ourselves better; better to be fore-warned than to be caught with our pants down in a compromising position."

The teenage girls both made the sound of disgust at the suggestion, "Ew!" While Lionel remarked, "As odd as this will sound, Eugene, the guy in Jupiter Beach who likely has information on this demigod is the local role playing guru, my friend Paco Freydolf. He was the guy who was distracting the Shadodraks to the side of the battle; he convinced a few of them to not attack us. And they listened to him. However, I will warn you up front; my friend Paco is homosexual (or gay as the laymen would say.) He doesn't have a lot of friends, but he is an okay guy overall. He has more role playing guides than anyone on the planet in my opinion. If Dyrkonix isn't in one of Paco's books then the demigod doesn't exist."

Tomek arched an eye. "Do be careful saying something like that, Lionel. He isn't a stupid deity. But like your friend Paco, Dyrkonix is also homosexual although he will lie to women in explaining that he likes them when in truth, he doesn't. His preference are human males; so again, please be careful in what you say about him whether in passing or in jest."

Kaitlin then asked, "Tomek... are there any such things as Docile Dragons in the magic world?"

Tomek remarked, "In Dreamtime, Docile Dragons are known by the species name... and don't scoff when I say this... Kangaroo."

All four teenagers wanted to scoff as they all exclaimed, "Kangaroo!"

Tomek smirked. "I knew you wouldn't believe me. But you can ask your dragon partners later. They will verify what I just said."
                End of Chapter Eight

Comment

Chapter Nine
                  Sunstriker Dragon Fortress
                  Lake Okeechobee, Florida

Back at Vudula's Lake Fortress, Baphozak arrived quietly as he sat down near an open window overlooking the lake outside. "The Green Ranger. He seemed so familiar to me."

Glacyra, Shadow and Pandemona approached Baphozak, all taking positions around and near the open window.

Glacyra exclaimed, "So, how was it?"

Baphozak released a breath of air and replied, "They fought well. They are not perfect but they fought well. The Green Dragon Guardian; he intrigues me. He made an offer to me. Future times when we could meet without combat. This could be used to our advantage."

Pandemona grinned. "Perhaps so! Vudula has used such before if you know what I mean!"

The four generals all glanced out the open doorway toward where Peregrine Foole was standing near Vudula and Weyrlock, obediently awaiting orders. Although Weyrlock looked too happy.

Glacyra nodded her head. "Has it been that long ago? It seemed like only yesterday when Vudula cursed him into our ranks."

Pandemona lowly hissed. "I wish we could kill him."

Baphozak growled, "Watch your tongue, Pandemona! I happen to like living. Surely you haven't forgotten what happened to the old fifth general, have you?"

Pandemona paled immediately. "No. I haven't forgotten. I just don't like humans."

Shadow lifted his head at that moment and as he unfolded his arms and spoke softly, "Humans have their uses. Not all of them deserve an immediate death. That Blue Ranger... I would like to meet him... alone..." Shadow fell quiet once again.

Pandemona grinned. "Well, if we're choosing Rangers to meet, I'd like to meet the Red Ranger. She seems to have a temper and I am sure she'd fight me without the others in a heart beat."

Glacyra nodded her head, smiling. "The Gold Ranger seems to be more reserved and perhaps she and I could banter words in a more civilized manner."

Baphozak said, "Be very careful when you meet them. They are not your common garden variety Dragon Guardians. These people are different though I sensed that only one of them was truly a threat to our existence although I haven't figured out which one, as yet."

Vudula was suddenly standing in the doorway. "I can answer that, Baphozak. They are getting help from an old adversary we all know all too well. The Gold Ranger let it slip that it was a voice she liked to hear. During that moment, I knew that they had to be receiving outside aid from someone. And I have pinpointed the culprit. His name is Tomek Trueheart. I know it cannot be Sylvar Everglow because I transformed him into a gay donkey as he was hurling through the time vortex. Even if he survived the landing on the other side, unless he could get a human to understand him, he will stay a donkey forever. And having sexual thoughts about your rescuer might make it difficult for him to get the cure he needs to be normal once again."

Glacyra then asked, "What had Weyrlock looking so damned happy earlier? He only smiles like that when he's gotten laid. What did he do?"

Vudula smiled. "He got that boy who befriended the Shadodraks to agree to become his apprentice earlier this afternoon after the battle ended."

Pandemona hesitantly asked, "Has he consummated the apprenticeship as yet or is there still time to have the boy's head examined? I may dislike humans, but I am against this course of action since the Shadodraks already trust this human. Where this boy is concerned; he would likely do anything for the Shadodraks even without an apprenticeship."

Vudula replied, "It is out of our claws, Pandemona. The boy agreed to Weyrlock's offer to learn magic from him. Unless someone kidnapped the boy to a place where Weyrlock couldn't find him, then there is nothing we can do about it. And don't be getting any funny ideas, Pandemona. You have a boyfriend, unless you killed him already."

Pandemona then walked out of the chamber supposedly having lost the argument. She then went to the Drakogyle Soldier Barracks where she grabbed one of the magic using officers and took him out of the Lake Fortress to Jupiter Beach where she instructed him to give a magic ring to Paco Freydolf while she kept watch for any Guardian Knights.

As Paco was getting his bicycle ready for the ride home, the Drakogyle stepped out of the alleyway next to the boy's parents' pet shop as he said, "Paco Freydolf? You had asked for a magic ring and it had to be prepared. I now bring and present you with this magic ring. Since it is magical, you cannot ever lose it as long as I live. In fact only you will ever be able to see it when you are wearing it. It will also permit you the ability to speak to lizards and Shadodraks at will. No dragon kin will ever harm you while you wear this ring. And as a show of friendship, I will teach you a magical spell so that you can transform yourself into a shadodrak much like your new friends at will."

The Drakogyle placed the ring on Paco's finger and then proceeded to teach the boy the promised spell. "While you are in this form, you will be able to fly like the others and speak to them in their language. And you will be able to find their home at will. I imagine that they have never had a friend like you before, Paco Freydolf. Just continue to be nice to them and your friendship with them will continue on forever. I need to be returning to the lair now, Paco. When you are ready to learn another spell, bring the ring in front of yourself and press the dragon ruby and say, 'what can I learn today?' I will teach you a new shadodrak spell to call your own." And then the Drakogyle departed.
                  End of Chapter Nine

Comment

Working...
                  X