Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRTO-01 Talisman Power (Pilot)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRTO-01 Talisman Power (Pilot)

While aboard a 3-hour touring plane trip to the North of Melbourne, Australia, a group of young adults barely avoid a mid-air collision with both a hot air balloon and horrid looking winged monkeys. The crippled plane then banks through a thick cloud where a large beautiful rainbow is seen briefly just before the plane drops out of the sky through the thick clouds, crash landing in a magical land long since lost. But in order to get home, they will brave the dangers of this new land, and with the help of a kindly fairy, receive Talisman gifts for battling the local forces of evil. Will they be able to defeat the Wicked Witch and find the jeweled key to open the way home?

Coming up next on the Premiere Pilot of Power Rangers Talisman Oz!
    Power Rangers Talisman Oz
    Episode One: Talisman Power (Pilot) - June 14th, 2010; 4:33 PM CDT
    By Lord Pouchlaw, Parcelpaw, Veronica June, Darquirrin

"Talisman Oz" Theme Song
    By Wolfrider Tekno

"When you take a wild ride, on o'er the rainbow,
    You never know what you will find!
    Come fight against the monkeys in a magical land,
    Where magic will blow your mind!

Talisman Oz! Yeah!
    Talisman Oz!

A glowing road of gold, and some crazy crows,
    The Fairies will be no stranger!
    Haunted Forests, wild beasts, and poppy fields,
    Are all part of the danger!

Talisman Oz! Yeah!
    Talisman Oz!

Fight... for what is right!
    Powered up for might!
    Morphers on the call!
    Our Talisman Power... is off the wall!!

Let's take a wild ride, on o'er the rainbow,
    We'll never know what to find!
    We'll fight against the monkeys in a magical land,
    Where magic will blow our mind!

Talisman Oz! Yeah!
    Talisman Oz!

Talisman Oz! Yeah!
    Talisman Oz!"

Starring:
    Lyman F. Baum, Blue Earth Talisman Ranger, Kangaroo of Oz - Lord Pouchlaw
    Kaden Archer, Violet Love Talisman Ranger, Squirrel of Oz - Parcelpaw
    Leonard 'Leo' Dracan, Orange Fire Talisman Ranger, Lion of Oz - Darquirrin
    Dorothy Knots, Pink Water Talisman Ranger, Flamingo of Oz - Veronica June

Allies:
    Queen Glenda of the Good Fairies
    Tawnus the Lion Prince
    Finnigan the Leprechaun
    Jim-Bob McCorncob the Crazy Crow
    The Beaver Woodsmen Brothers

Enemies:
    Wicked Witch of the South, evil green-skinned magician of evil dark magic
    General Zimian, captain of the Winged Monkeys
    Winged Monkeys
    various typical monsters

This RPG is dedicated to the memory of L. Frank Baum who wrote The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and other books with the Oz title. We, the players of this RPG, are not associated with Mr. Baum nor the current copyright holders of the Wizard of Oz series or books nor films. This RPG is for entertainment purposes only.
    Note to Players: Please try to keep the story and game play CLEAN!
    -=-=-=-=-=-

Episode One: Talisman Power (Pilot)
    A "Caspian" dimension RPG

Warheart
    06-14-2010; 4:44 PM
    Moments after the small aircraft crash in a strange land...

"May Day. May Day. This is touring flight Alpha Three Flyer of Kangaroo Air Tours. We have crashed. Repeat. This is touring flight Alpha Three Flyer of Kangaroo Air Tours. We have crashed. No casualties. Repeat. No casualties. Over."

"Got everything running according to procedure," said Lyman. "May Day message recording playing on the in-plane batteries for the next week. And then we're on our own." He then slightly turned to look back at his passengers. "Time to check on my patrons and hope to Great Mathilda that none of them are injured."

He then began making sure the passengers were okay.

Marksman
    06-14-2010, 04:55 PM
    Dorothy stirred and growled a little. "Oh man... you better hope to Hell and high waters that I am not hurt or there will be a blood bath going on between my claws and your throat." She glared at Lyman, implying, Hands to yourself or else!

Darquirrin
    06-14-2010, 05:02 PM
    Leo groaned a bit and put his hand to his head, "Did someone get the number of that freight train? Or maybe some cold Fosters?" He sits up slowly, looking around, "What the heck happened?"

Sharklad
    06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
    Kaden slowly staggered up and shook the cobwebs out of his head. "What happened? I feel like jet lag has hit me harder than a knockout punch." He then rubbed his head. "Looks like the reporter would have another article to write about."

Warheart
    06-15-2010, 12:15 PM
    Lyman hummed. "Good. Everyone is awake. I am not proud to say this, guys... but this is honestly my first crash and I am a little upset that my Flyer got damaged. Of course I would hate for any of you to be hurt. Let's see about getting the doors open and see where we are, aside from crippled in a tree."

Darquirrin
    06-15-2010, 06:29 PM
    Leo rubs his head a bit, "Sounds like a plan to me. Figures the one time I would pick to go onna air tour, we'd crash." He unfastens his safety harness and drops to the current 'floor' of the airplane. "Sorry about your plane too. But yeah... Let's just focus on getting outta here."

Sharklad
    06-15-2010, 07:23 PM
    Kaden nodded. "I agree with him, sir. If we can see about going outside, we might find someone that might be able to help us out in this predicament."

Marksman
    06-16-2010, 04:17 PM
    Dorothy turned sideways and unfastened her seat belt. Then she gave the side of the plane a HARD kick, and the craft fell out of the tree hitting the ground below in a rather rattling jolt!

"Ow! I thought we were on the ground!" She then noticed that the door was now ajar. "Well, it's open now..."

Darquirrin
    06-18-2010, 09:27 PM
    Leo YELPED as he went rolling and was forcefully thrown from the plane's open door as it hit the ground. The living cannonball hit the ground outside with a loud thunk and looked dazed.

Sharklad
    06-18-2010, 10:05 PM
    Kaden's eyes widened, as he tumbled towards the door, grabbing onto the sides to make sure Leo was okay. "Are you okay down there?!"

Warheart
    06-22-2010, 10:15 PM
    Lyman hops out of the crippled plane and starts assessing the damages. "Oh man... we lost an entire wing. I wonder where it landed?" He starts looking around the apple orchard meadow near an odd looking nearby village where they have crashed. "I hope the people over there have a phone."

Marksman
    06-25-2010, 04:36 PM
    Dorothy hopped out of the plane and glanced over toward the small hut like buildings. "Unless you're expecting David the Gnome, I somehow don't think you'll find a phone around here. This place is giving me the creeps."

Darquirrin
    06-25-2010, 08:36 PM
    Leo slowly got to his feet, "Yeah I feel like I bashed my skull in though....It looks like our pilot is more worried about his plane than skull fractures." He grins a little, obviously meaning it in a teasing manner, "Still... Maybe I DID hit my head...where are we?"

Warheart
    06-28-2010, 11:54 AM
    Lyman hummed. "Let's head over to that village and see if they have a garage or a telephone or anything useful that we can use to get back to port." And he started walking across the field toward the midget village.

Darquirrin
    06-28-2010, 09:08 PM
    Leo rubs his head again and stretching for a moment. Then he looks around again and shrugs, "It's as good a plan as any I suppose. Still... Keep your eyes open. Something about this place.... It ain't right." He follows Lyman.

Sharklad
    06-29-2010, 12:46 AM
    Kaden jumped out of the plane after taking of his blazer and rolling up his sleeves, and nodded. "Even the air doesn't feel right, but that might be the serious head rush talking."

Marksman
    06-29-2010, 11:06 PM
    Dorothy said, "I am sorry if I damaged your plane, Lyman. I thought we were sitting on the ground; not up in the branches of a tree." And then she followed the others toward the weird looking village.

Warheart
    07-11-2010, 09:52 PM
    As the four young adults entered the village, they noticed two things immediately. All of the doors and windows were boarded up from the outside and every door had an eviction notice in jagged print on them. Every notice was signed, "General Zimian of Emerald City."

The second thing the four couldn't help but noticing was from the center of the village in a spiral and heading outwards in a curve until it exited the village was something that everyone knew on sight.

"Are we seeing... a yellow brick road?" asked Lyman as he knelt down and felt the bricks in the road. "Guys, I think these are actually gold bricks."

Marksman
    07-11-2010, 09:54 PM
    Cha-Ching! Dorothy said, "You could buy a whole FLEET of planes with this stuff! Let's bag it up!"

Sharklad
    07-11-2010, 09:59 PM
    "How can we take golden bricks if they can't be wrenched out of the ground?" Kaden asked Dorothy rhetorically.

Darquirrin
    07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
    Leo says, "And do we really want to be seen as being THAT greedy. For all we know, it could be fool's gold."

Warheart
    07-11-2010, 10:33 PM
    Lyman coughed. "Guys... who could possibly be watching? Look around. Everything is boarded up and aside from a yellow brick road, we have no idea where we are nor how to get out of here. I could probably fly us out if we could find that wing, but we don't even know where that went."

Sharklad
    07-11-2010, 11:30 PM
    Kaden added, "We don't know if it's even yellow lustrium, the fake metal used in class rings, and such." He knew that to be true, since he could only afford to have a yellow lustrium class ring from his high school a few years ago.

Darquirrin
    07-12-2010, 01:31 AM
    Leo shrugs, "Take it if you want. But I'm not taking that risk."

Darktalon
    07-20-2010, 12:32 PM
    Dorothy then noticed something to the North coming their way. "Oh no... I am starting to hate this arrangement, guys! Look what's coming!"

Warheart
    07-20-2010, 12:43 PM
    As Lyman stood up and glanced the way Dorothy had looked, that's when he saw what had her attention.

It was an odd looking humanoid crow, tall slender with black wings and he had a corn cob pipe sticking out the side of his beak. He was wearing an odd sort of outfit that appeared to be a patchwork of different suits of a time gone by. Unfortunately for him, when he saw the humans, their appearance surprised him and he crashed into the bushes.

Then he slowly stood up, brushing off the dirt and weeds as he looked toward the humans. "'pon my soul... do we have mortals from beyond the rainbow here in Munchkin Land after all these years? An odd assortment, says I, oh yes."

He then stepped out into the open and took a bow. "Permit me to introduce myself..." He then rose up and said, as he repositioned his pipe, "I am Jim-Bob McCorncob. A crow by nature, though a bit crazy. At your service... And what brings you four mortals to this enslaved land of Oz?"

Lyman blinked his eyes. "So this IS Oz?" he then looked at the yellow brick road again, and then at the Munchkin houses. "Jim-Bob, you said? We're here by accident. Our plane crashed and we're stranded at the moment. Just tell us how we can get out of Oz and we'll be on our way."

Jim-Bob tilted his crow head and said, "Get out of Oz? On foot? Are you madder than I? You can't leave Oz except with the Jeweled Key. For only with that key can you open the Rainbow Gate. Once opened, then and only then can you return home."

Sharklad
    07-21-2010, 12:06 AM
    Kaden looked at the crow in curiosity, then tilted his head in curiosity. "Please correct me if I heard you wrong, but are you saying that unless the Jeweled Key is used to unlock the Rainbow Gate, we are stranded in the land of Oz?"

Darquirrin
    07-22-2010, 07:13 PM
    Leo rubs his eyes... then looks again and rubs them again, "Did I hit my heard harder than I thought?" He rubs his head a bit and looks at the crow for a long moment.

Finally, Leo can't help asking, "What is the Jeweled Key? And how do we find it? And... What the heck is going on around here?"

Warheart
    07-27-2010, 02:03 PM
    Jim-Bob arched an eye as he stroked his beak. "Are you daft? I believe I spoke clearly. The Wicked Witch of the South took over the Emerald City and she has the Jeweled Key. As for what it looks like, I've never seen it myself. But Glenda will know what it is. Now follow me before a patrol finds us. You four would never stand a chance against General Zimian."

And he started off walking. "Follow me. Follow the Yellow Brick Road. We go to Glenda."

Lyman said, "We'll follow you, but I am not singing." And he started walking after the crow.

Marksman
    07-27-2010, 02:39 PM
    Dorothy grinned. "I could sing..." She grinned evilly and started singing something...

((...sung to a Rap beat...))

"We're in a land, that's outta hand;
    Find the fairy and, avoid the general Zimian.
    This weird old crow, the way he knows;
    As I sing this ode, we follow the golden road.

Skip-Skip-Skip it! Move on down the road, yeah!
    Skip-Skip-Skip it! Move on down the road, see?

We took a ride, o'er the country side;
    And we fell from the air, with so much flair.
    Landing in a tree, thankfully no bees;

We're in a land, that's outta hand;
    Find the fairy and, avoid the general Zimian.
    This weird old crow, the way he knows;

Follow-follow-follow, on the golden road, yes!
    Follow-follow-follow, on the golden road, Whee!"

Dorothy is a disturbing female to travel with when she is annoyed. And she is quite annoyed right now.

Darquirrin
    07-28-2010, 05:49 AM
    Leo rubs his head, "Dorothy... That has got to be the worst rap ever... And no... I can't do better so don't ask. Can we PLEASE just focus on the task at hand? Namely getting our butts home. I don't like where this is goin' and if your agitated now... hrmph... I can't wait to see what you do when you talk to this... Glenda person."

Sharklad
    07-29-2010, 04:08 PM
    "Indeed," said Kaden, while adjusting his tie. "There's not a moment to lose, especially where we don't know where we actually are in this land."

Warheart
    08-11-2010, 11:29 AM
    Jim-Bob quietly asked Lyman, "Are they always like that?"

Lyman replied with a smile, "I really have no idea. Today was the first time I've ever met them. Although normally I don't crash my flying machines. They just want to get home, if that is possible. How much further is Glenda's place?"

Jim-Bob replied, "It's just ahead... past the Phantom Cornfield. And you must all be careful what you say in there... for the corn has ears."

Marksman
    08-12-2010, 02:33 AM
    Dorothy rolled her eyes. "Oh no! Now we have to put up with Corny Jokes!" But she continued to follow the crow and Lyman.

Darquirrin
    08-12-2010, 10:16 PM
    Leo looked around and shivered slightly, "Well I'll... keep that in mind..." He didn't look too pleased with the situation but at the mention of Phantom Cornfields, he was even more nervous.

Sharklad
    08-13-2010, 08:40 AM
    Kaden tilted his head, and pulled out a notepad. "Corncobs have ears, you say? Phaaaaaaaaantooooom coooornfieeeelds." He mumbled while writing some quick notes down.

Marksman
    08-28-2010, 10:33 AM
    Dorothy then hummed. "By the way, guys... out of curiosity... how much do you think the good witch of the north has changed over the years? I mean, do you think she's still pretty or do you think she shops in th women's fashions like anyone else does?"

Darquirrin
    08-28-2010, 06:38 PM
    Leo hrms, "I dunno. I would say she's probably still pretty... And probably listening."

Sharklad
    09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
    Kaden hummed, as he put away his notepad in his back pocket. "We probably wouldn't know for sure unless we go and see." He then tried to loosen his tie ever-so-slightly enough to look professional, and not feeling like he's being strangled by his own tie at the same time.

Warheart
    09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
    Glenda's Garden of Good Magic

Jim-Bob led Lyman, Leo, Kaden, and Dorothy in through the anti-evil gate and into a very beautiful garden of fairies and plant life. There were a few fantastic animals wandering around, too. "Welcome to Glenda the Good Witch's home." He raised his voice. "Oh Glenda... I found some people over at Munchkin Village. They are humans."

And Glenda emerged from the central sphere of magic where she had been resting and she saw the three human males and one human female with the crazy crow. "Oh my. When you said humans, I thought you meant the Wizard and Dorothy from Kansas. Who are these people?"

Jim-Bob grinned as he presented them forth. "This is Lyman Baum, Kaden Archer, Leonard 'Leo' Dracan, and... coincidentally only, Dorothy Knots."

Lyman bowed and kissed Glenda's hand. "Pleasure to meet you, madam."

Dorothy folded her arms over her chest as she glanced around. "Okay, I admit it... she still looks like she's in her prime. No skanky shopping for the good witch of the faeries."

Darquirrin
    09-08-2010, 03:54 AM
    Leo was openly gaping around, looking at all the fantastic animals and fairies and plant life. He was stunned to be sure. He was paying far more attention to the animals than to Glenda, truth be told. They seemed far more strange and unusual than the witch. He practically messed the entire introduction!

Sharklad
    09-09-2010, 05:44 PM
    Kaden shot a dirty look at Dorothy. "Totally inappropriate in present company, Miss Dorothy. Must you disrespect a generous host like that?"

Marksman
    09-18-2010, 05:10 PM
    Dorothy shrugged her shoulders. "Okay, I am sorry. Does that help? We're stuck in fairy land. We're on edge."

Warheart
    09-18-2010, 05:51 PM
    Glenda soon had the four humans and the crow with her within the central sphere which surprisingly was set up like a command center. And yes, she had magical viewing screens attuned to various hot spots around the land of Oz. In one screen which got Lyman's attention pretty fast, the Flying Monkeys were getting the tar beat out of them by lion people. Sexy handsomely strong lion people at that.

"You saw the wizard in his balloon, and then the flying monkeys disabled your flying craft and you crashed in Oz. Now you seek to return home. Unfortunately, the ground based exit from Oz is being guarded by a magical gate. And you must have the magical slippers in order to open that gate. Those slippers are in the Witch's treasury in the Emerald City."

She then turned to look at the four. "The only other way out of Oz is to fly. But unless you can repair your flying craft, then flying out of Oz is going to be difficult. That wing for your craft must be someplace in Oz. But we can't have you four marching around unprotected now that the Witch is in control of Oz. Therefore, I think it would be wise to give you powers so you could fight off the Flying Monkeys if they chose to attack your team."

Lyman then asked, "And just what are you going to give us, Glenda?" Although he was still watching the Monkey/Lion fight on the one screen. The Monkeys were badly losing.

Glenda produced shimmering necklaces and placed one each over the human's heads. On each necklace was an impressive Talisman depicting an element of control. "These are your Talisman Mage necklaces. They will enable you to magically control an element to do your bidding in the form of spells. Although I cannot teach you these spells myself, you can learn them for yourselves. However... elements can be combined to create new spells."

"You, Lyman, control the Blue Earth element."

"You, Kaden, control the Violet Love element."

"You, Leo, control the Orange Fire element."

"And you, Dorothy, control the Pink Water element."

"Jim-Bob will carry a dual talisman to control the other two elements of White Light and Black Wind."

"When you activate your Talisman Necklaces, a bracer will appear on your left wrist. On the bracer will be a keypad of colored buttons corresponding to the elements. At first, try to get used to only using your own elements. Element spells come in three ranks. To cast a rank one spell of your element, you press the key of your element's color and point at your target and shout out the spell."

"The first time you do this, you won't know what spell is about to appear until you cast the spell one time. After that, you get to name the spell yourself based on the effect it created. To cast a rank two spell, you press that element key twice. And so forth."

"Later on, you will all learn how to combine elements to create new spells. The first key pressed must always be your element. After that, you can get creative. Just remember that when combining elements, you can only press another element that isn't your own one time in the sequence to create the new spell. Therefore, you could end up with a myriad of various spell combinations and spell effects. Are there any questions?"

Darquirrin
    09-25-2010, 01:38 AM
    Leo looked at the Talisman, rubbing it lightly, "Um.. Okay. So these talismans give us like...magical powers and stuff?" He was thinking to himself, though, 'This just get weirder and weirder... Did I hit my head during the crash?'

Sharklad
    09-27-2010, 12:21 AM
    Kaden was writing down notes so he could remember. "Bracers... Violet Love... Rank... Jim-Bob carries two..." He looks up from his notepad. "Why do bracers sound so familiar to me?" He asks quizzically.

Marksman
    10-17-2010, 10:54 AM
    Dorothy hummed as she activated her necklace and the bracers appeared on her wrists. "You know... I take back what I said earlier... now these have some classy style. And they are pretty. Are these real silver? I think they are. I'm impressed."

Darquirrin
    10-20-2010, 08:06 PM
    Leo looks over at Dorothy... then shrugs and tries his on for fit as well. "I like the fire opals." He chuckles, "At least we're not defenseless now."

Warheart
    11-10-2010, 02:54 AM
    Jim-Bob nodded his beak and stored his necklace away where only he could get to it. "I will take good care of these humans, Glenda."

Glenda smiled. "See that you do, Jim-Bob. And now, help them find what they need to find and please, don't get caught."

~~~~~

Jim-Bob was leading the others away from Glenda's garden and toward the Corn Field. "In the old days, we would be singing to see the Wizard, but with your group, I think singing might be a bad idea."

Lyman chuckled as he patted the crow on the shoulder. "It could be far worse and pray that you never get to see that."

Darquirrin
    11-10-2010, 02:58 AM
    Leo chuckles and nods, "I hope none of us do. Still... We could be worse off. We could be attacked and put under a spell of everlasting furriness." He chuckles, referring to the plot of a popular kid's cartoon he used to watch. "In any case, Let's just get where we're going."

Sharklad
    11-10-2010, 05:05 AM
    Kaden nodded in agreement. "This will give me a chance to study my notes in quiet..." He then looked in his notepad, rubbing his chin as he walked down the path with the others. "Hmm... interesting..."

Marksman
    11-14-2010, 02:38 AM
    Dorothy was quiet for a change; either she was distracted by the gifts they were given or her rage had lifted quite a bit and she was showing a side of herself that she rarely ever showed. And it wasn't a bad side to be around.

Darquirrin
    11-14-2010, 05:35 AM
    Leo smiled a bit as they walked. Then he glanced over at Dorothy and said with a soft grin. Not wishing to disturb her train of thought, he went back to reviewing the scenery as it past. Eventually, he spoke out loud, "How far is it, Jim-Bob? Has the distance ever been measured or is more of a case of 'you'll be there, when you get there'?"

Marksman
    12-29-2010, 12:12 AM
    Dorothy chipped in, "Yeah... I was wondering that myself. But I won't ask if we're there yet since that seems rather juvenile."

Sharklad
    01-01-2011, 08:20 PM
    Kaden looked up from his notes, putting the notepad away. "Honestly, I wasn't paying attention. How long have we've been walking?"

Lyman hummed as he looked around their surroundings in the corn fields. "Yeah, we're still on the road, looks like. What's the word, Jim-Bob?"

Jim-Bob cocked his head and said, "We need to turn right at the intersection so we can reach the haunted forest."

Comment

Dorothy grinned. "The haaaauuuuunnnnnttttteeeddd forest, guys. Why do I get the feeling that humor is best served cold?" She continued to follow the others with a smirky smile.
      "With nerves of steel and laughing at danger..."
      ~~~~~ Artemis Archer

Comment

Working...
      X