Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TE-02 The Case of the Double Nugget Rush

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode Two - The Case of the Double Nugget Rush
    Toonime Express

Place: Stampede City; QC Wild West
    Tech Level: 19th century Earth

Plot: Join new animated stars in a world of paint and ink, where thrills, chills, and mystery are a call away -- cartoon style. In this episode, Cloudchaser Pony wasn't fast enough to escape the notice of his law enforcing father when he opted to join the new mystery solving team. But our heroes would soon be embroiled in a very hot case as twin gold claims produce real and fake metal and it will be up to our heroes to learn the truth. (This is the QC Planet version of the Wild, Wild West TV show.)

RPG Rating: FMS, for Funny Mature Situations

Starring:
    1. Tamara Quest - Veronica June
    2. Maverick McMallard - Pouchlaw
    3. Zane Fawlis - Darquirrin
    4. Cloudchaser Pony - slith

Allies:
    Marshall Moo Montana, C.O.W.-boys of Moo Mesa
    Quick Draw McGraw, local sheriff
    Lone Ranger & Tonto, local heroes

Villains:
    Hooded Claw
    Black Vulture
    Terror-Bull
    Jasmine Dynamite

by Veronica June, Pouchlaw, Darquirrin, & slith
    August 11th, 2013

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Sagebrush Narrator said, "Howdy partners! Welcome to another drama filled episode of the Toonime Express! The newest team pony thought for sure he was about to get by his father, the local sheriff, but Lady Luck plays no favorites in life nor in cards! But wait until you read what is about to go down next! So stay tuned, partners!"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Toonime Express Depot; Stampede City, QC Old West

Tamara turned her head to see Quickdraw McGraw approaching the train and yes... he was wearing that shining STAR of his. "Did we forget to check in with the local law enforcement, guys? I thought meeting Marshall Moo was enough. Not that the really kyoote Quickdraw isn't anything to make blush." She winked at the law horse.
    "With nerves of steel and laughing at danger..."
    ~~~~~ Artemis Archer

Maverick put on a smile for Quick Draw himself since he knew why the law horse showed up. "I thought your deputy was Baba Looey? The only dude around here you would know is your son and he just joined up with our new TV show cast to solve Stampede City Mysteries. Of course, if you would rather prevent him from getting an open break like you did... just give the word and be the villain."

Wheeler quietly chuckled from the narrators bubble which he was glad couldn't be accessed from the outside without his permission.

Comment

Quickdraw reply to maverick luckily not hearing the chuckle from wheeler " you know me better then that as i follow the code of the west, cloudy had 24 hr to find something before i came a hunting him and well lets see 4 hr and 6 hr make 28 no no than not right" and quickdraw cont to mumble as he sits down forgetting the group as he trys to figure out how many hr cloud has used of his 24 .

Comment

Zane smiles to Quickdraw, tipping the cowboy hat he was wearing.

Comment

Quickdraw look to Zane " now just a dog gone minnute what you doing that for" allowing cloudchaser the change to slip onto the train unseen. Quickdraw look around as see cloudchaser is gone and mumbles" that boy slipper then ells in fish oil" as he sighs and head back to the sheriff office

Comment

Zane looks confused a moment then glances at Maverick, "Hrm... I don't suppose I did something incorrect did I? I was under the assumption a hat-tip was a polite greeting in this area... I may have to research this further."

Comment

cloud giggles from the train door at zane " you distracted him while he was trying to do math he never been good at that. thank you for the distraction or i would have been wearing a star for sure and that not a business i wish to enter atm."

Comment

Maverick grinned as he sat at the table with Tamara, looking over the map of Stampede City. "Looks like Cloudy is a member of the team now. But if he ever quits this team, you can bet his dad is going to be right there with a tin star with Cloudy's name on it."

Wheeler said from the Narrator Bubble, "According to the scripts, Mav... the team is a form of law enforcement, albeit one that doesn't wear a star. That means as long as Cloudchaser is a member of the team, he is technically a law horse himself, one without the star. But if he quits... I think Quick Draw can't wait to do a swearing in ceremony on this horse."

Comment

Tamara chuckled. "The arm twisting we sometimes have to do to make this arrangement work. Anyway, this is a map of the city. And this folder..." she places a case folder on the table beside the map. "...is our first case. There is a miner outside of town with a claim on the Double Nugget Mine. At first, he was producing a lot of gold. However, recently he started finding Iron Pyrite in his mine in the very spots where verified gold was before. For those who don't know, Iron Pyrite is otherwise known as Fools Gold. You know... the fake stuff. Shiny like gold, but too hard to be gold because it is actually iron. The miner is asking for us to come out and solve the mystery for him. In return, he is offering our team a selection of mounts."

She then looked at Cloudchaser. "He offered this before we knew that we would have a horse on the team."
                  ~~~~~ Artemis Archer

Comment

Cloudchaser smiled. "Don't you worry; I have my own mount and this is the kind of law work I like. Undercover; not with a star waiting for the first hombre that wants to take a shot at the sheriff."

Comment

Zane snickers, "I suppose one of the others could use YOU as a mount, Cloudy."

Comment

:looks at Zane and smiles : Well that depends on the gender there as this pony dont mind a good roll in the hay, ( yes he totally misunderstood zane comment) " now then what do we have on this here fools gold you say turning up where real gold was before sound like we need a stakeout.

Comment

Maverick said, "If memory serves me right, the Double Nugget mine is actually two mines on the same mountain."

Wheeler said from the Narrator Bubble, "Two mines could mean one mine with the real gold and the other with the fake gold."

Comment

Tamara looked at the map, then at each one of her team members. "Two mines might mean that someone is tricking the miner into thinking that he is in one mine while the bad guy mines the real one. I say we get out there and see what's what. The miner is expecting us at entrance of the trail leading up the mountain. Let's head up there, guys. And yes, Cloudchaser, that will mean that your dad won't be anywhere around." She winked as she stood up and led the team out of the rail car and off toward the nearby mountains.

Soon, the four team members (along with Wheeler in the Narrator Bubble) arrived at the entry trail to the Double Nugget mountain.

Tamara looked around slowly. "Strange... I don't see our miner." She pulled out her map and looked at it again. "Are you sure you directed me to the right trail, Maverick?"
                            ~~~~~ Artemis Archer

Comment

Maverick nodded his beak. "Sure, I'm sure, Tamara. I've been up here lots of time. And this is always the trail I used to get up to the gold mine. I knew not to do anything up there because the miner owned the claim. I even helped him once. By the way, his eyesight isn't too keen in his old age. Some scoundrel could easily trick him into thinking another trail was the right trail. But this IS the right trail."

Wheeler who was in the invisible bubble stated, "Long range sensors are detecting the miner to the northwest standing at the entrance to another trail. I think you guys are right; someone has tricked him into thinking he is at the right mine when he isn't. The bad guy could be at the right mine right now."

Comment

Working...
                              X