Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RF-01 Another Day In Roofield

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petey slowly stood up with a sigh himself. "Ah just wanted a friend who wasn't in the Deacons. Now it will never 'appen. Ah gotta split." And he threw his tray at the trash canister and left the cafeteria.

~~~~~

Patrick grinned. "'e may be a flirt, but 'e is a good soul. What did yas think of 'im, Sanuck?"

The skunk officer was distracted by a newspaper on the counter and said nothing in reply.

Patrick sighed. He forgot that the skunk wasn't into the flirting what with the loss of his lady love. Ah'd probably feel the same way. Poor striped sap.

Comment

Jeffery sighs, "Guess I don't count as a friend."

~~~~~

Jack walks into the diner and took a seat and soon was helped by another of the foxy boys, tail thumping slightly.

Comment

Justin patted Jeffery on the hand. "Ah think Petey forgot that yas weren't a roo, mate. Ah just thought Ah was doing the right thing by telling the truth. What went through your mind when yas 'eard me talk about the Deacons?"

~~~~~

Iago smiled over at Jack. "It is real funny sometimes being a mechanic in a town full of roos who don't drive cars. What's funnier is that some of the roos can out jump a speeding car. And we've seen them doing foot chases with roo crooks."
        "Brave, bold, and with a nose that's true..."

~~James "Aragh Darktalon" Ghaleon

Comment

Jean-Claude came back into the cafeteria at that moment and got a plate of dessert from the cooks and he came back over to the same table and the same seat. "Um... got to my class and... it was locked for lunch. Where did Petey go?"

Kenneth glanced over at their table and said, "Petey threw a fit after yas left and 'e departed 'imself. 'e looked depressed or it was an act. Ah've seen my brother Galileo pull off that face loads of times."

~~~~~

Patrick smiled over at Jack. "Stalking me, Officer Roson, or is this a tummy call?"

Sanuck glanced over at the new arrival curious about the other officer.

Comment

Jeffery nods a little, "Thanks..." He looks up when Jean returns then nods again. He was used to being an outsider. Being human around here was NOT easy.

~~~~~

Jack chuckles, "Maybe a little." He smirks, "Certainly curiosity plays a rather large part in it but I was gonna invite the other new guy out to lunch but your partner beat me to it, so I decided to just invite myself over to lunch and meet you here myself. Not stalking, just curious. Not to mention, I didn't know this place had such an interestingly odd cafe."

Ian grins as he brings out drinks to everyone, tail swishing seductively, "Oh, well, we're always here for you boys in blue. Makes us feel safe having so many strong, handsome protectors around here." He winked as he handed out the beverages.

Comment

Justin nodded his muzzle. "Don't let it get to yas, Jeffery. Jean-Claude came back so we all get another chance with the skunk. Petey should 'ave stayed put."

~~~~~

Iago got serious at that point. "What's the official word on the funding for the DNA crime lab you boys are wanting to install at Police HQ?"

Comment

Jack chuckles, "Well the official word would be the Captain's department but I have it on good authority that it was approved."

~~~~~

Jeffery nods a little, "It's difficult sometimes though not being a fur like most everyone else. Kinda seems like humans are the minority everywhere."

Comment

Sanuck said, "Actually, the funding is being questioned by the governor. She sent me down here to find out if the request is justified. The reason for the questioning is because the new governor reviewed the records for Roofield and found that previously requested funds never went toward their rightful projects. So they sent me down here to investigate this while I worked here and lived a life with my son. To take my mind off of my wife's murder."

Patrick hummed. "Ah see... so yer the 'igh ranking government agent Ah've 'eard stories about. Ah swear to yas, Sanuck... most of us were always told that the funds always went toward what they were requested to cover. Although most of those projects never saw the light of day. Paddyfoot would often say that the funds never arrived. Ah never questioned whether they had or not. But now that yer 'ere... Ah also 'ave to wonder where the money went."

Now its apparent on why the new governor sent the skunk down to Roofield: someone is embezzling the funds.

~~~~~

Petey slowly came back into the cafeteria and sat by himself looking a bit sick. Well, more ill than usual. Luckily, one of the teachers who was on the ball took one look at the kangaroo boy and rushed him off to the school nurse.

Jean-Claude hummed. "He looked like he tried to OD on something. I've seen that look before back in the capitol." He looked at Jeffery again. "In this furry world, there are actually few humans who have found their way to our planet. Those who choose to stay are never sorry they do. Although in recent years, some humans have been dumping off their unwanted children in our world... like Furth was a trash disposal site for their usage. I assume you were adopted, yes?"

Comment

Jack blinks, "Really?" He rubs his muzzle slowly, "That makes sense. There were a few rumors back at my old station about ... Well... things being a bit underfunded 'ere. Officers who transferred out always seemed surprised by the newer equipment. Odd really. In any case, Ah'm glad your both 'ere."

~~~~~

When Jeffery noticed that, he stood up quickly and started to do something before the teacher saw it... He slowly sat back down, looking both shocked and somewhat unsettled by the event. He looks at Jean-Claude, "You say that like it's nothing. He could be seriously ill..." He sighs and nods, "Ye..yeah. I was adopted when I was...really young." He rubs his head a little, "To be honest... I know more about being a roo than being human since my whole family are roos. But I've never minded. Even if I cannot for the life of my copy the accent."

Comment

Justin hums. "Petey does the stupidest things to himself when he doesn't get his way. They will surely call his father this time."

~~~~~

Iago says, "So those rumors of embezzlement are more than just rumors. I feel sorry for the precinct especially since the officers who are working really need that equipment. Say... couldn't the governor simply have the equipment sent and installed instead of sending the funds?"

Comment

Jeffery looks sad when Justin says that... Then sighs, "Well It was a nice lunch...I didn't think my first day here would end up being so... sad."

~~~~~

Jack says, "You would think, but sometimes, those funds are needed for the equipment and the price of installing it as well as labor costs associated with preparing a site. It often isn't as cut and dried as that."

Comment

Working...
                        X