Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RF-01 Another Day In Roofield

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roofield's Finest RPG - Episode 1: Another Day In Roofield

Life in Roofield can be what the locals make of it. But when a new officer joins the police force, drama is sure to follow...

Starring

1. Chief Paddyfoot O'Reilly, red kangaroo, 48 - Lord Pouchlaw
    ~~~ Married to Maureen; Two sons, Kenneth & Galileo; One daughter, Barbie

2. Officer Patrick Greytail, gray kangaroo, 23 - Lord Pouchlaw
    ~~~ Married to Alice; One daughter, Kamillah; One son, Petey

3. Officer Sanuck Farwanderer, skunk, 23 - Lord Pouchlaw
    ~~~ Widowed from Sally; One son, Jean-Claude

4. Iago Huxley, diamondback black kangaroo, 19 - Aragh Darktalon
    ~~~ Married to Faline (a Persian cat); One brother, Justin

5. Jack 'Sherlock' Roson, red kangaroo, 30 - Darquirrin
    ~~~ Married to Diana (a Western Grey Kangaroo); Jeffery (oldest, male, human), Micha (middle child, female) and David (youngest, male)

6. Ian, Ivan, and Isaac, foxes, 18, 18, 18 - Darquirrin
    ~~~ Triplet Brothers

By Aragh Darktalon, Darquirrin and Lord Pouchlaw
    March 9th, 2011

------====== ======------
    Roofield's Finest RPG
    Episode One: Another Day In Roofield
    ------====== ======------

Warheart
    03-09-2011, 10:45 PM

City of Roofield, New Mathilda; Planet Furth

Chief Paddyfoot O'Reilly hopped into his office and had barely sat down when he saw an official letter from the governor sitting in the middle of his desk. He slowly picked it up and opened it. Then taking a slow breath, he began to read the letter. It said:

---The Letter---

To the Roofield Police District:

Recently a document arrived requesting funding for your precinct to acquire a database and new electronic computer lab. Normally this is nothing for me to question and normally a check for the funding would be issued. But recently it came to my attention that prior funding assigned to your district have not gone toward the documents proposed new acquisitions.

Therefore, in order to earn your funding this time, I am sending a new officer to your district. How he is treated and how your fellow officers react to him and/or work with him in the field will hold a heavy weight over whether you are to receive the requested funding or not.

He is due to arrive today in Roofield. He has all of the necessary papers and you will not give him a hard time. His spouse was recently murdered and he is not to bothered on that front. An investigation is being conducted concerning that case.

I apologize if this isn't the norm for how you did business with the prior governor, but he is gone and I am running things now.

Very seriously,

Amanda Silverslap
    Governor of New Mathilda
    Paddyfoot sighed as he covered his eyes with one paw. "That is all we need... a rookie kangaroo cop from the capital."

Boy, was _HE_ ever going to be surprised later!

Darktalon
    03-10-2011, 07:35 AM

Iago Huxley rang up a gasoline and soda purchase on the cash register, then he looked outside through the window with a smile. "Looks like it's going to be a fine day."

~~~~~

Justin Huxley was sitting at a table in the high school cafeteria finishing up some last minute homework while having breakfast. "Only 26 more payments and we'll own the house. If only doing homework were that simple."

Darquirrin
    03-13-2011, 05:17 AM

Jack Roson hopped up to the door and knocked just after Paddyfoot had once again just settled down. He clears his throat, "Chief O'Reilly? Detective Roson. I was told that you were the one who approved my transfer request and that I should report to you this morning?"

~~~~~

Ian happily polished up the silverware and counters as he prepared for another warm, wonderful day in Roofield. "I really need to see about hiring some more help soon. Roofield's been so profitable and buzzing lately! Maybe a mascot too... mmm... I wonder if there are any young Roofielders interested in wearing a giant foam faux fox." He chuckled as he worked as he mentally though over the wording of the ad to place.

Darktalon
    04-14-2011, 12:01 AM

Faline Huxley sat in the dispatcher's chair as she read off a report over the police radio. "One Beta Four, One Beta Four... go to the corner of Wilkins and Divers... report of a fox with a gun. Proceed with caution. Over." She then glanced over her shoulder as she heard a few more people entering the precinct... and she really thought her eyes were playing tricks on her. Was that a skunk?

Warheart
    04-14-2011, 12:19 AM

Patrick Greytail had just barely arrived in the locker room in the precinct when he saw the ear tips of someone with black fur on the other side of the lockers storing something within a locker. The young adult gray kangaroo was indeed curious as he commented, "Silver fur on the ear tips... that's rather unusual but a welcome change from all the boomer testosterone in the air.

The owner of the silver tipped ears replied, "I am glad someone isn't so shocked by a welcome change, friend." And then the individual closed his locker and stepped out into full view before the kangaroo. It was a SKUNK! And he held his gloved hand out toward Patrick. "Hello. I'm Officer Sanuck Farwanderer, just transferred in by order of the governor."

Patrick's eyes were totally WIDE, but he slowly took the hand in his grasp and shook it. "Ah am Officer Patrick Greytail. Ah lost a partner recently and 'ad no idea who they were bringing in as a replacement."

Sanuck smiled gently. "Sorry to hear about your former partner, Patrick. I hope I am assigned to you because you are very polite, unlike most of the others I dealt with in the capitol."

~~~~~

Petey Greytail sat down at a table at school and quietly began eating his breakfast... glancing around casually for any new faces.

Jean-Claude Farwanderer was seated literally by himself as every student around was avoiding the living HELL out of him... simply because he was a skunk.

Petey hummed when he saw that and he picked up his food and moved himself and his gear over to the skunk's table. "'i there. Mind if Ah share yer table with yas?"

"Oh, I don't mind." He then held out his gloved hand. "Jean-Claude Farwanderer. And you are...?"

Shaking the hand, the kangaroo replied, "Petey Greytail. Yas seem nice enough. Ah decided to take a chance with yas as long as yas don't spray me."

Jean-Claude smiled. "Dad says we should only spray bad guys. And you're not a bad guy... right?"

Petey quietly gulped at the reply. He had to play this carefully so he didn't scare the skunk. "No way. Ah'm Catholic." He winked.

Darquirrin
    04-14-2011, 01:04 AM

As Petey and Jean-Claude were talking, another individual walked up with a happy grin. Jeffery Roson. He had been getting weird looks and whispers all day but he dealt with them, growing up a human in a family of roos, he was used to the odd looks. After taking his siblings where they needed to go for their first days of school, he had taken himself next. Jeffery was just retrieving his breakfast when he noticed the two. Seeing them both, and one of them not being a roo, he decided heading that way would be a good choice for making friends on his first day. "Good morning! This table reserved?", he said in a chipper voice as he approached the two.

Warheart
    04-14-2011, 01:11 AM

Petey saw the human boy and knew that wasn't as cautionary as a skunk, thus he replied, "Not at all. 'ave a seat, mate. Ah'm Petey and this is Jean-Claude."

Jean-Claude smiled. "Hi," he said, waving his gloved hand that seemed to have a detachable trapdoor in the palm of the glove.

Darquirrin
    04-14-2011, 01:27 AM

Jeffery smiles and takes a seat, "Thanks! Nice to meet you both, I'm Jeffery Roson. Cool gloves, by the way, Jean-Claude." He pauses then looks around, and hrms, "Everybody's still starin'.... At least it's not just me now." He grins at the others, "I just moved here with my family. My dad's a new officer on the force. What about you guys?"

Justin smiled as he listened to the others chat. "Seems like a new school group is forming. Should I involve myself or let this play out? Hmmm..."

~~~~~

Iago helped a driver fine tune his engine when another mechanic came in with some gossip.

"Word is that the capitol sent a skunk in to join the local police force."

Iago turned to look at the mechanic. "Are you serious? A skunk in Roofield? Reminds me of the time I accidentally got white shoe polish down my back during Halloween one year."

~~~~~

Faline poked her head into the office of Chief O'Reilly. "Sir? Did you hire a new officer this week? I just saw a uniformed skunk heading toward the locker room."
    "Brave, bold, and with a nose that's true..."

~~James "Aragh Darktalon" Ghaleon

Comment

Jean-Claude said, "My gloves are species specific specials, actually. Everyone in my family has them. Unlike wild skunks, our spray glands are located in the palms of our hands, just under this detachable trapdoor in the palm of my glove. I simply flip it open and aim my hands at my target when I want to release a surprise."

Petey giggled. "And what a surprise it is, for sure, mate."

Comment

Jeffery smiles, "I see. That's very odd to me given my knowledge only of 'normal' animal biology but it's still pretty interesting." He grins, "Though I get it makes precise aiming much easier." He began to eat.

Comment

Jean-Claude added as he started to eat. "Of course as anyone knows... spraying is something we really do not want to do since we do have to sanitize our own hands afterward and as you may have heard, normal water makes this stuff worse."

Petey giggled. "Glad yas don't like 'aving to do that then." And he started eating his own meal.

~~~~~

Chief Paddyfoot O'Reilly exclaimed, "Great Mathilda! The governor sent us a legal skunk as an officer? What will my current officers think of this?"

~~~~~

It was probably much a shock to the locals as it was to the chief when they saw a uniformed skunk on a foot beat with one of their own uniformed kangaroos. Officer Patrick Greytail and Officer Sanuck Farwanderer casually walked along their beat, as the kangaroo educated the skunk on just where they went and who all they were likely to meet and what they would see.

Comment

Jeffery nods, "I understand. The only things that really cut that is an acidic base with an amino acid catalyst." He continues to eat with a smile, "So your new in town too, right?"

~~~~~

Jack Roson stuck his head inside, "Sir? What's the commotion about skunks?"

Comment

Justin put his tray away then he returned to look at those at Petey's table. "You crack me up, Petey. You're not a bad guy; you're a Catholic. What a gas! And I don't mean your skunk friend, either."

~~~~~

Iago finished fine tuning the vehicle, then he turned to the other mechanic again. "How soon do you think we will be seeing this skunk on a foot beat?"

The mechanic grinned. "Actually, he's out doing it right now with one of our own."

~~~~~

Faline replied, "When I saw him come in I thought I had imagined it."

Comment

Jean-Claude grinned at the new kangaroo. "Are you saying Catholics are worse than bad guys?"

Petey irked. "Let's not go there, mates. Please?"

~~~~~

Chief Paddyfoot O'Reilly replied to Jack, "The new governor decided that instead of sending us the funds we requested, that it was necessary to send us a professional city officer who 'appens to be a skunk. As a test to see if we merit the funds we requested."

~~~~~

Officer Patrick Greytail and Officer Sanuck Farwanderer soon walked into the 'I-Cubed Cyber-Cafe' owned by the local foxifluff triplet brothers. "We can get a decent meal here, Sanuck. These foxes are good cooks."

"Thanks Patrick. It does seem like a nice place."

Comment

Jeffery giggles, "Well.... Let's not get into some fight over religion... I mean we've all seen how that ends up... Crusades, Inquisitions, Jihad... Nasty stuff. I like to think every religion has a merit to it."

~~~~~

Jack blinks, "Huh... Really? Well that's a bit of a surprise. What's his name?"

~~~~~

Ian grins from behind the counter, cleaning some mugs, "Hey, Pat. Nice to see ya this morning. Climb up on the counter here or find a table. Ivan's doing floor duty but I can take your orders now if you know what you want. Who's your new friend?"

Comment

Petey nodded his muzzle. "Exactly right, Jeffrey. Let's leave religion out of this."

Jean-Claude giggled. "Maybe he just wants to be sprayed."

~~~~~

Chief Paddyfoot O'Reilly said, "'is name is Sanuck Farwanderer. The governor sent 'im down 'ere to replace Greytail's previous partner. So if yas want to meet the skunk and work with 'im, then yas need to find out where Patrick took the striper."

~~~~~

Patrick and Sanuck sat at the counter as Patrick said, "'is name is Sanuck. 'e is my replacement partner. Governor sent 'im down 'ere to 'elp us. What's on the menu today, Ian?"

"Number Three looks good to me, Ian," says the skunk officer as he looks at the menu.

Comment

Jeffery smiles, "No, I don't think so." He finished up his meal.

~~~~~

Jack shrugs, "Just curiosity. I can wait." He laughs, "Best get back to work then. Thanks Chief."

~~~~~

Ian grins, "Well there is the usual... which you know well... But our special today, is a SPECIALTY." He laughs, "And no, Pat, don't even start with the sex jokes. It's our signature Roofield Roundup Risotto."

Comment

Justin grinned. "Jean-Claude... the only reason he's nervous is because he is the leader of a local gang. I figure that in order to earn a real friend, then the potential friend should be honest up front. He leads the Deacons. But on the plus side... his gang have been helpful to the law on occasion. So you see, there is a silver lining. Heck, everyone in school knows about the Deacons. But his parents don't think he's with that gang; another reason the topic makes him nervous."

~~~~~

Iago came into the diner and smiled. "So... it is a skunk. Ah'm Iago 'uxley with the local garage and gas pump station. If yer 'ere to 'elp this burg, then yer okay by me." He then called out, "'ey Ian! Ah need some Fox Boy food!" He winked giggling.

~~~~~

Faline replied, "Since he lost his wife recently, then maybe we could befriend him."

Comment

Jean-Claude hummed. "A gang, huh?" He then stood up and picked up his tray. "I have to get to my next class." And he took his tray over to the refuse area, cleaned out the leftovers before placing the tray into the return area, then he left the cafeteria.

Petey sighed. "You just had to mention the gang, didn't you? I was trying to be a friend without bringing THAT into the conversation. Thanks a heap."

~~~~~

Chief Paddyfoot O'Reilly said, "Look, mate. It's obvious where they likely are. It's lunch time so they are probably at Ian's diner."

~~~~~

Patrick smiled at Ian. "Ah'll 'ave the special, Ian. Ah feel brave."

"Want me to get 911 on standby, Patrick?" joked the skunk as he reaches over and fuzzles Ian's head fur.

Comment

Jeffery smiles, "Still it is a good thing to be honest with friends."

~~~~~

Jack nods, "Alright. Thanks, mate." He smiles and heads out.

~~~~~

Ian grins, "Righty-o, One Special coming up!" He swishes his tails as he spins away with a giggle, flicking the tip across the roo's snout.

Comment

Justin says, "Sorry... I really didn't think he would up and leave from being told the truth."

~~~~~

Iago says, "He is a flirt, but I've been told he is good in bed."

Comment

Working...
                              X