Collapse
No announcement yet.

KF-02 The SHAPE of Things To Come

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darquirrin
    11-11-2009, 07:43 AM
    James grinned and nodded at Sigmund, making a 'ssh' motion without the sound. He looked over at the text book too, curious.

Dalis was saying, "...and these latest results confirm it. I'm not sure what to make of it but we should probably move on them soon. I want that basement lab cleaned out too." He sighed, muttering something.

The black kitsune laughed, grinning a bit, "Dalis, you need to lighten up. Between the UEC, your All-Stars work, worrying about your friends, and bitching over Bat Hound, AND trying to figure out why Harold went off the deep end, you've been getting grey fur."

Dalis heys! "I have not..."

The kitsune smirks, "No... But you will. Lighten up, Dalis."

Dalis says, "Lighten up? The UEC has become THE largest covert operation in QCP. It's...starting to get just like MIT... Do you know that I used to be able to count the number of UEC members on two hands. Now... I don't know even KNOW some of the youngest recruits." He sighs, "It's just gotten... So big."

The kitsune sighs, "Dalis, that's what happens when you do a good job. Demand goes up. You're only one person. You cannot be everywhere at once. It's grown out of necessity. Pink Panther can't do it all. Neither can Albert. The UEC is an explorer's club to many people but we're the last line. The one people call when no one else will do. And your one of the FEW who can safety do Toonium rescues since your immune to the effects of most forms of Toonium. It's just developed and grown. You should be proud of it."

Dalis sighs, "I wish I could be. The UEC is kept under tight reigns, but look at what I had to give up to do that. I barely get any sleep at night trying to balance all these responsibilities and even with as much as I do... The producers almost NEVER give me credit! Timesheart's helped out on so many UEC missions he's practically a Senior member himself. I dont' even have time to hang out with him as much as I used to.... That's when his heaviest..."

The kitsune growls, "Dalis... ENOUGH. This self-pity isn't like you. Man up and deal with it. Either cut back on your 'on call' time or know that your doing a job that no one else can do. The UEC and the All Stars and College are some of the lasting benefits you've given the QCP and without them , this would be a much worse off place."

Dalis takes a deep breath and rubs his eyes, "Your right... Your right, Nathi." He hugs the Kitsune and sighs, "well I have to get going. I need to check in on Timesheart." He vanishes.

Ta'Nathi turns and looks at the three, "And I would appreciate if you didn't spread any gossip about what you just heard, boys." He grinned slightly, "James, Aroma, and Sigmund. I'm glad to see you had some sense to check out this place." He bows, flicking his tails and flowing robes behind him, "I am Ta'Nathi, A Kitsune of the Void. A pleasure."

Comment

Aragh Darktalon
      11-11-2009, 08:02 AM

Sigmund said, "Aroma and I were demoted to F-Squad the day before yesterday, sir. And James is in D-Squad after a demotion. We came here to check out SHAPE on my suggestion, sir. And after talking with Marc... James and the rest of us determined that our demotions started the moment we said anything not-good about Bat Hound."

Aroma said, "Exactly right, Mr. Ta'Nathi. If you could check into that aspect for us, I think that would help Dalis a lot in the end."

Comment

Darquirrin
        11-12-2009, 12:06 AM
        Ta'Nathi hrms... "I will look into this for you certainly. This is suspicious." He nods, "Keep your noses clean." He vanishes.

Comment

Aragh Darktalon
          11-12-2009, 12:25 AM

Out on Campus, at the Dorm Bungalows...Sigmund, James, and Aroma were checking out an open one and seeing how spacious, furnished, and vast the place and back yard were.

Sigmund exclaimed, "I AM IN LOVE, JAMES!"

Aroma smiled. "I could get used to those hot tub like bath tubs in the bathroom..."

Comment

Darquirrin
            11-12-2009, 12:29 AM
            James blinked and yells, "Oh my GOD! I LOVE THIS!!!" He ran around, looking at all the things, "Oh gods yes... YES... I WANT THIS!!!" Then he blinks and looks int he communal pool in the first floor back yard, "GUYS! THERE IS A OLYMPIC SIZED POOL BACK HERE!!"

Comment

Aragh Darktalon
              11-12-2009, 12:36 AM

Sigmund smiled. "I think we're sold on this layout, James. We've seen a few indoor classes and now we've seen the dorm bungalows. There is a lot more to see, but I know I'll be signing up here at SHAPE. This beats the F-Squad basement dorm ANY day of the week."

Aroma grinned. "I will sign up here, too! F-Squad is the worst! Though if MIT had even HALF of this stuff... I might reconsider..."

Comment

Darquirrin
                11-12-2009, 02:27 AM
                James nods, "I think so too. I'll put in an application too. Gods, I LOVE it here. This is the best school I've ever seen... AND they don't' like Bat Hound. It's a mini version of paradise!" He laughs.

Comment

Aragh Darktalon
                  11-12-2009, 03:29 AM

Aroma said, "And Dalis supports SHAPE! We even SAW him here!"

Sigmund grinned. "I'm ready to start filling out my form. But oh wait... Marc said that we should get a doctor we trust to fill out the third form. Don't have any local doctors myself, so I wonder if Marc could suggest a doctor for me?"

Comment

Darquirrin
                    11-12-2009, 03:38 AM
                    James hrms, "Good question. Let's see if Marc has a suggestion. I don't know the area very well myself. I think this is the first time I've ever actually be in the area."

Comment

Aragh Darktalon
                      11-12-2009, 03:58 AM

Soon, the three were meeting with Marc Garfield again.

Marc hummed. "So you would like to know any doctors we recommend. As a matter of fact, we have three that we highly recommend that Dalis checked out personally." He hands over their cards to James and the others. "Always glad to help a friend."

Sigmund smiled. "Thank you, Marc. We love it here. You can expect to see our forms filled out pretty fast."

Aroma then asked, "Marc sir? How come you don't send out invites to your college?"

Marc replied, "Believe it or not, Aroma, even though we do advertise on TV, we prefer to allow the potential heroes to seek us out when all else fails. And James, we can a great magic department."

Comment

Darquirrin
                        11-12-2009, 04:13 AM
                        James smiles and looks over the cards and grins, "Thank you, sir! This is awesome." He grins at Aroma and Sigmund then looks up at Marc and looks down his form and grins, starting to fill it out right away, "I think we turn in everything but the doctors form right now. Let's pick a doctor and get the SHAPE enrollment started!"

Comment

Aragh Darktalon
                          11-12-2009, 04:51 AM

Sigmund and Aroma both agree and proceed to do just that.

Soon, the first two forms are filled out and placed in front of Marc.

Form 1: All Personal Data, Prior Schooling, & Friends;
                          Form 2: Detailed Data on Powers, Abilities, Hopes, Dreams, & Long Term Goals;
                          Form 3: Full Doctor's Physical.

Marc said, "When you get your doctor's form filled out and returned to me, either personally or via Toon Mail, I will process your entry and within 72 hours (up to 3 days), you should be approved for joining SHAPE at any time you like, even if your entry into our college is delayed for any reason. We've even had MIT graduates come here and take a term here to see if MIT missed anything in teaching them about being a hero. And all of them claim that we cover more details than MIT does."

~~~~~

That Night, Back at MIT...

Sigmund and Aroma are having dinner with James and Jonas. Of course, three of them are really hyper and excited. Jonas on the other paw...

Comment

Darquirrin
                            11-12-2009, 05:02 AM
                            Jonas was being pretty quiet... Poking around at his food with his fork...

James finally said, "Jonas... What's going on.. You've been more depressed since they banned Cream and Cream and Caffeine from the school during business hours.."

Jonas sighs and tell the three about Harold... Everything he's found out about it.

Comment

Aragh Darktalon
                              11-12-2009, 05:12 AM

Aroma put down his spoon. "You mean he's here? Being punished like a common criminal and here? But not attending classes? Regardless of what he's done, this is just more Bat Hound Superiority Complex shit. And I don't care if they expel me for saying that, either. Having him do public services, like you had to do, Jonas, would be more fair than this. The instructors and several of the students here are hateful. They would never let Harold live this down, unless they later just sucked up to him while he was attending classes here, just to get on his good side."

Sigmund said, "Since Aroma and I are already in F-Squad... I am going to help Harold with his chores around here. And if Bat Hound doesn't like it, he can expel me."

Comment

Darquirrin
                                11-12-2009, 05:21 AM
                                Jonas sighs and nods, "Yeah. He's here. And worse he thinks he deserves it. I know what he did was bad but it wasn't deliberate and he was just trying to get Bat Hound to leave him alone." He toys with the pea on his plate, "I just wish there was something I could for him."

James says, "Me too. This is horrible. Harold's our friend... But if he goes to MIT..." He looks at his SHAPE form... He sighs... He WANTS to go to SHAPE but...

Comment

Working...
                                X