Bloopers - Di-Gi-Oh™

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloopers - Di-Gi-Oh™

Jason looked over his cards and then over the opponents and his allies. He hrms, "Let's see..." He places a card down on the field, "I play a Modify Field card, this allows me to shift the Elemental alignment of the current field, Shadow, to the element of my choice. I choose, the Element of Light. This card costs me 4 points, leaving me with 6. Now, I place another card face down on the field and end my turn. Next round I will gain 2 points, leaving me at 8."

"I guess that means it's my move next." Bobby looked over his cards. "I think I'm gonna play this one. It's a card called Shield Booster. It will cost me eight points this round, but as long as it remains on the field, the effects of cards like Andrew's Group Shield are doubled, which means the card will now remain active for four rounds instead of two, and it becomes a 200 point defensive barrier instead of only 100."

He looked over his cards again. "I'm also playing a card face down, and I'm calling it a turn there. Your turn, Brad."

Comment

The HotSO said, "During practice matches, you take turns in order. You must either pass which will double your starting activity points (10) or you play one of your cards which have costs between 0 and 1000. You can only play a card if you have the points to play it. If you don't have the points, you must either use a 0 cost card OR pass. At the end of each round, you always get 2 points added back into your activity points. There very few special cards in your decks, so if you get one out of your eight card spread, use them wisely. Once you use a card, it is out of the rest of the match. Andrew, you will be first, then Jason, then Bobby, then Brad. Then your opponents will get to take their turns one at a time. A standard practice match is 10 rounds while a tournament match lasts until one of the partnered digimon loses all of its battle points."
      =====

Brad glanced over his cards and hummed. "I am going to perform a burn move which enables me to remove from play my worst card. A burn also allows the player to take a free turn without replacing the burned card. I am going to play a 0 point card called Focus which activates when I choose to make an attack later. I am now going to place a card face down and end my turn. I spent 0 points and used three cards, therefore, I will get three new cards on my next turn instead of one or two. I will have 12 points at the beginning of my next turn."

The HotSO nodded his head and made the adjustments. "Okay, it is now the turn for the element team."

Sharquatarmon smiled. "I will burn a card and then I will pass. My points on the next round will be 22. Double the points for passing and 2 extra points for completing my turn."

Volavamon grinned. "I am playing a rare Special Card of the few that occur in the deck. This is a 10 point card called Range Reducer. The effect makes it so only short range attacks can do full damage while long range attacks have their damage abilities cut in half. This effect lasts until any opponent targets me with an attack. It also cancels out Effect cards that hinder my abilities cast directly at me, but using such a card will not end this effect. This ends my turn and I will have 2 points on my next turn."

Swoopelicanmon was giggling as he looked over his cards. "I will pass. 22 points on the next round."

Bouldermon grinned directly at Andrew. "I will perform a burn, then I will play the Effect Thief card on Andrew. His shield effect now also protects me while it removes the effect from himself. I will place a card face down and end my turn. I spent 4 points this round and I will have 6 on the next round."

Andrew quietly growled when Bouldermon did that.

Bouldermon couldn't help but to add. "Thank you for doubling that effect, Bobby. Such a sweet kid." Pouring salt in the wounds.

-----

The HotSO released a quiet breath and shook his head as he made the adjustments.

"At the end of Round One, the points are as follows:

Andrew: R1-10pts, R2-4pts

Jason: R1-10pts, R2-8pts

Bobby: R1-10pts, R2-4pts

Brad: R1-10pts, R2-12pts

Sharquatarmon: R1-10pts; R2-22pts

Volavamon: R1-10pts; R2-2pts

Swoopelicanmon: R1-10pts; R2-22pts

Bouldermon: R1-10pts; R2-6pts

There is a Group Shield effecting Jason, Bobby, Brad, and Bouldermon for 200 points and lasting for 4 rounds. It will ultimately end at the beginning of Round 5 regardless of defense points expended.

The current playing field of Shadow was change to Light by Jason thus nullifying Shadow effect cards..

Brad has a Focus card at the ready for his next attack.

Volavamon has a Range Reducer defense card set on himself.

Jason, Bobby, Brad, and Bouldermon all have a card placed face down.

No one is damaged.

-----

The HotSO announced, "Round 2. Andrew, begin."

Andrew was still miffed that Bouldermon had stolen his defense effect. And his newly drawn card wasn't much help. "I will perform a burn, sir. Then I will play a 0 point card called Regen which will activate on Round 10 regardless of my surviving until then or not. I may use the regen on anything I wish during Round 10. I will now place a card face down and end my turn. I had 4 points, spent 0 points, and get 2 extra for the round, so I will have 6 points at the start of Round 3 and I will get to draw three cards. Your up, Jason."

Comment

"Before Jason makes his move, I have something I need to do. I'm activating the card I set during my previous turn. It costs me the last two points I would have had last turn, but I set this knowing one of you might try something sneaky. I'm activating a card called Effect Neutralize. Using the last two points I would have still had (Bobby: From 2 to 0), the effect of this card neutralizes and reverts the effects of any one card an opponent of mine used on a teammate of mine. In other words, I'm neutralizing Bouldermon's Effect Thief card from his last turn which takes away the protection he stole from Andrew, giving it back to him. The downside to this, is that for doing so, I forfiet my next turn, but do not get the bonus usually generated by passing. Sorry, Bouldermon, but I protect my team. You'll have to find your own means of protection."

He then looked at Jason. "I'm done, go ahead."

Comment

The HotSO stated, "I'm sorry, Bobby, but your declared move during a practice match is not a legal move. It is only legal during standard duels and tournament play."

Swoopelicanmon at that moment rang a bell on his launcher. "Pardon me, sir, but I feel I must say something at this time regarding Bobby's move and further tutorial information."

The HotSO nodded his head. "You are recognized. Proceed."

The digimon opponent continued at that point. "I am initiating Match Protocol Number 3. Our team were informed that the only player on the opposing human team with team experience is Brad Hallsbury. Yet a very clear team move is being performed by Bobby Thornbody. This suggests that he has watched tournaments in play before and has knowledge of what may occur and thus, we were uninformed of his experience prior to this match. Effect Thief was played legally on Bouldermon's turn therefore he was in his legal rights to do this. Effect Neutralize normally legal to play was initiated out of turn. During a practice match, you can only flip a face down card at the beginning of your turn even before announcing a burn, play, or pass. Brad is well aware of this; but we were led to believe that the rest of you were not aware of this at all."

Brad patted Bobby on the shoulder. "He's right, Bobby. This is only a practice match. So you must only play on your turn. Doing otherwise is cheating and you know the officials are looking for cheaters. It is why our digi-destined team was organized. But if we cheat ourselves, then we don't deserve to be on the team. And I know you didn't mean to make people think anything. I think you are just excited to be playing with a team."

Swoopelicanmon nodded his beak. "Exactly right, Brad. Therefore if Bobby wants to declare Protocol Number 17 and change this practice match into an actual match, then the kid gloves will be off and we will play hard ball with you people. Either agree to only play cards on your turn during a practice match, declare Protocol Number 17, or humbly pull out of the team line-up since what you are really saying is that you are incapable of performing team play during fair matches."

The HotSO then said, "He is again correct. I will explain all of the Protocols after the match so you can know what can be asked for during standard and tournament matches. Now, during a standard match, you start with zero points since you are only Rank 0 with 0 starting activity points. That means you can only play 0 point cards until you earn points to play. Rank 1 through Rank 4 players start with whatever points are shown in their Point counts. Remember that total that was shown in Brad's score before Pegagarurumon asked me to change it? Had Brad had his original digimon partner, he would have gotten to start his first turn with that many points. Over 800, if you will recall. Also, upon reaching Rank 2, 3, and 4, your card effects perform times a multiple equal to your rank. Since you and your current opponents are under Rank 2, all effect cards are normal. With his original partner, every move Brad would have made would have a multiplier of 4 -- to everything. That is what makes Tournament Players dangerous."

Swoopelicanmon then said, "Furthermore, to play out of turn like that during a practice team match literally makes it so all players before you are forced to miss their turn so any planned move Jason may have had is also forfeited, which you clearly did not want to do since at the end of your move, you announce that Jason could go ahead with his turn, which during a practice match, he would not be able to since you played out of turn. First time overexcited behavior is expected, therefore, I ask that his move be allowed after Jason's turn occurs since it was an innocent mistake and he really did not know. But don't let it happen again. If you do that playing against any other opponents, they would declare cheating and you would be removed from the match entirely, which would weaken your team at this point."

He looked at the HotSO at this point. "That is all I wanted to say, sir. Game play may continue now. Jason will play, then Bobby's turn will occur as he announced it, then Brad will take his turn."

"If everyone is okay with this decision," the HotSO replied while looking toward Jason. "Game play can be resumed unless anyone else wants to ask something about the current game play. This IS an instructional practice match. First time mistakes are expected in practice team play and we can explain why they are illegal without causing permanent humiliation. The Element team is simply here to instruct you and to help you hone your match abilities. Keep in mind, after today, other Digimon may want to try their luck against you and not so much in practice matches."

He then nodded at Jason, "You may continue your turn."

Comment

Jason rubs his head a little, "So basically... If that's true... A rank difference of even one level is almost insurmountable... Much less anything higher. That would mean that mean that us at rank 1, when we get there, versus a rank 2 player is ... A multipier of two to their point effectiveness. Which means, any card they play is doubly effective? How can you even begin to counter something like that? I mean if someone can start out with even just 80 points while your at zero, that's enough points to play all of my opening hand at once. I could knock out most people with that kinda opening slavo if I was gaurenteed that many points. How do the tournements balance that? I haven't seen any cards in all of the game decks even in the pro games magazines with a point cost higher than 10... So that'd be 80 points to play an entire hand at once... I always thought no matter what rank you were, you fought on equal footing, that rank was just how good you were at utilizing your cards and digimon. Instead it's... power gaming. Am I misunderstanding something or... is this really how it works?"

Comment

Volavamon rang his bell now and stood up. "Sir, since we are instructors I think they deserve to know the ins and outs of game play and the protocols before play resumes."

The HotSO nodded his head. "You are recognized. Continue."

The fiery mole like digimon stepped out on to the playing field directly into the Effect of Light and his personal 50 points suddenly doubled to 100. "Did you see what just happened when I set foot out here, Jason? You changed the playing field from Shadow to Light. It was a very good move except for one thing. Every element digimon can utilize two elements. Earth is Earth and Shadow. Your maneuver to change the field to light weakened all of Bouldermon's coming attacks. But he always keeps a poker grin on his face, so you never know if you hurt him or not, until he is out. Fire is Fire and Light. Your field effect makes me more powerful as long as I am in the field. During a practice match, the opposing teams are not allowed out on the field. But in standard and tournament matches, your digimon actually stand on the field and any effects placed out there effect them."

Volavamon walked on over to the judging podium and tapped in some coding on the console. Directly in front of the human players in mid air appeared a card chart depicting every card in the game. Everyone had their own chart. And everyone's charts had certain cards shaded out; the very cards they had played face up thus were out of play. 0-point cards were lined up in the first row, then 2-point cards, 4-point cards, 6-point cards, 8-point cards, 10-point cards, 50-point cards, 100-point cards, and 1000-point cards. Every deck had one 1000-point card marked as a gold special card; two 100-point cards marked as a silver special card; seven 50-point cards marked as a bronze special card; ten 10-point standard special cards; ten 8-point cards; ten 6-point cards; twenty 4-point cards; twenty 2-point cards; and forty 0-point cards equaling a total of 120 cards, which their own decks did not have.

Volavamon said, "As you can see, a standard tournament deck has a total of 120 Digioh Cards. Store bought decks used in Standard and Practice matches only have up to the 10-point card range which equals 110 cards. If you had paid attention to the rules that come with every store bought deck, it clearly says that you can only play one face-up card per turn. However, you can burn, play a face up card, and a face down card all in one turn. That's only three cards; not all eight as you are implying. It is impossible to play all eight cards during a turn, although you can initiate a mis-deal turn which burns all cards on your palette AND the cards face down in front of you. But you can only declare a mis-deal once per match. Because this gets rid of your cards in play and any effects in play as well, most players avoid using that turn option. It is really only viable during your first turn since you may have effects in the field afterward that you don't want to lose."

"Remember: during matches, the players cannot see the grid layout that I am permitting you to see. Usually only the judge can see this here on his podium. But a small mistake on HotSO's behalf is that during a practice match, all involved in practice matches should be able to see their card grids over the field so you can learn from the cards that have been played and so you can pray for future cards to come up. There are two types of Practice Matches. The Standard Practice Match, which we are all in right now, and the Tournament Practice Match, which adds in the remaining ten special cards. And now you know why you have never seen higher than 10-point cards in your decks. Tournament decks are not standard decks."

Volavamon then stepped out on to the field once again which caused the silly effect of his 100 points to double yet again. Now it read 200 points. "Don't worry, Jason... when play resumes, these points will return to my standard 50. But the effect I am showing you is how you can acquire more points than you normally get. If the playing field is set to an element that benefits you, and you step into the playing field itself, all of your points are doubled. However... only digimon are permitted on the playing field UNLESS..." he paused deliberately at that point. "Unless Protocol 15 or 16 is initiated."

Volavamon said, "The Protocols have varying uses from pausing the game to initiating special moves. Please keep in mind that you can only personally use one original Protocol per round during the entire match; no duplicate Protocols may be used by the player's team once a Protocol is used. Once it is used, it is gone except in the cases of Protocols #8 and #9. (You will learn why in a moment.)

In a Practice Match, there are only ten rounds, but there are twenty Protocols, so there is no way to use them all. And now I will explain the Protocols to everyone..."
              • Protocol #1: Partner Conference. What this allows is a private conference to occur during your turn in which the game is automatically paused. The conference may only last 3 minutes. This allows the player to ask his Digimon for advice on what cards to play or to plan in-game strategy.
              • Protocol #2: Delay Turn. This allows you to delay your turn until the end of the round. You cannot set up cards before your delayed turn is finally reached. When you initiate that Protocol, your turn is shifted to the very end of the round. Meaning if Andrew had a very nice group healing card he wanted to play but he felt the opponents were about to use attack cards, he could declare this Protocol and his turn would occur after Bouldermon's turn in which he could then play his cards as he wished.
              • Protocol #3: Challenge Rules. This Protocol allows the player to pause the game and ask the judge questions about the rules. It is very simple and you saw it being used to get us into this very situation. Since most judges find this Protocol to be annoying, please refrain from using it more than twice during a match. Any more than twice will be declared as abuse and you will be out of the rest of the match.
              • Protocol #4: Recall Last Effect. This one is only used in Tournament Matches. Let us say you set up what you feel is a nice field effect and then your opponent's digimon partner does what I just did to double my points. You can declare #4 and withdraw the effect which also cancels the increased points returning the digimon opponent's score to normal. However, once the effect is recalled, it is out of the match. You don't get it back.
              • Protocol #5: Revive Last Effect. This one is also only used in Tournament Matches and can only be used in the turn before the indicated effect is to end. Let us say you have a four round field effect in play and you know it will end on Round 5. During round 4, you declare #5 and on Round 5, the effect is renewed for another four rounds. Simple, no?
              • Protocol #6: Accuse Opponent. This is the heavy one in which the player better be damned sure about his accusation that he makes. This is the one you use to accuse another player of cheating. Security immediately appears around the opponent and scans his deck, his card layout, his clothes, and his digimon partner. What they are looking for are duplicate cards, primarily, and illegal effect enhancers. If they find one, that player is out of the match AND are banned from the games forevermore. However... if nothing is found, you are removed from the match and are prevented from attending tournaments for an entire year. Like the boy who cried wolf, when the real cheater appears, no one believes you. So be damned sure of your accusation or you pay the penalty.
              • Protocol #7: Divine Protection. This Protocol can be used at any time but most players won't use it because of the good and bad effects thereof. When declared, you forfeit your current turn and the following turn. During this time, you are protected from all effects both good and bad. However, you gain no points after each round because the protection prevents that too. This Protocol is good if you feel that the opponent is about to use a damage effect that last several rounds, like the Poison Effect or Everlasting Flame cards. But it is bad in the fact that you can't gain new cards nor further points while under this protection.
              • Protocol #8: I'm Gonna Be Sick. This one can be declared at any time by either the player or your partner. If you feel like you are about to puke... declare this and leave your position and hurry off to the bathroom and pray you make it. The game is paused while you are gone and the medics on hand will check on you primarily to verify that you are throwing up. Misuse of this protocol carries a penalty, so only use it if you are really about to lose your lunch.
              • Protocol #9: Gotta Go Now. Like the previous one, you declare this one the moment you feel an bowel emergency coming on that can't wait. The game is paused and you are given time in the bathroom. Again, the medics will check on you, so you better be really doing it. Furthermore, cheaters have been caught going to the bathroom to get advantage cards or cheat devices from an associate waiting for them in the bathroom, so your emergency better be a real one.
              • Protocol #10: Musical Chairs. This is a move that cannot be performed during Practice Matches. When declared, it allows your team to permanently rearrange your team line-up so players can do turns sooner or later than normal. A four player team can use this Protocol up to four times in a Match, once per player. The person making the declaration always assumes the first position. All remaining players get to take their turns in order after the player in first position. This is the ONLY way you can have more than one turn in a round. And this may also explain how a team can get a lot of points. Every time they end a turn, they get that +2 points, remember? And if players choose to pass, their points double and they get +2 afterward. So if you plan this maneuver out just right, you can build your points up nicely before a single round ends.
              • Protocol #11: Revenge. This is a Protocol which can put a heavy hurt on your opponents. Not allowed in Practice Matches, when you declare this Protocol, an attack card you play has (a number of) times (equal to the players on your team) the normal effect for one round. This can turn a very weak attack card into a very powerful attack card. Tournament professionals are well aware of this Protocol and can use it to end a match very quickly. Right Brad? *to which Brad just grinz*
              • Protocol #12: Sweet Revenge. Like the previous Protocol, this one can make you cuss out your opponents. Again, not allowed in Practice Matches... when you declare this Protocol, all of opponents on the opposing team must burn ALL of their beneficial cards from their 8-card layout. Unlike #11, this one can be used at any time, even out of sequence.
              • Protocol #13: Bad Luck. Declaring this Protocol enables you to look at any one opponent's 8-card layout. You can imagine the advantage you can gain by doing this. However, if you do declare this, you may NOT share this knowledge with your teammates since that would be cheating.
              • Protocol #14: Withdraw From Match. If you feel that you are outclassed by an opponent during a match, you can declare this Protocol and remove yourself and your partner from the match. Doing this will prevent any opponents from scoring because you left the match of your own accord. Remember: point earning at the end of a match includes whether or not your opponents are defeated or not. When you use this Protocol, you can prevent opponents from scoring from your departure.
              • Protocol #15: Join Partner. This is one of the big two moves that often worries opponents. This allows you to personally enter the playing field WITH your partner during a match. Normally not allowed during Practice Matches, when you declare this, your rank is temporarily increased by one AND your points are doubled. During a Tournament Match with Brad and his original partner... Rank 8 with over 1600 points. Sounds fun, doesn't it? But here's the catch... once on the field, you cannot leave the field no matter what until the match ends; you can take damage as if you were a digimon; you are prohibited from using any Protocols once you have joined a partner. So you see, once you do this, you're screwed until the end. Unless you win.
              • Protocol #16: Team Join Partners. Like the previous one, this is one of the big ones. Equal to the other except it effects the whole team. Always make sure your team are okay with this BEFORE a match starts so they don't personally kill you later. Judges cannot save you from team revenge.
              • Protocol #17: Change Match. This Protocol allows you to upgrade a Match from one type to another. But you cannot use it to downgrade a Match (that is in the next Protocol.) In order the Matches are as follows: Rogue, Practice, Standard, Tournament, & Pro.
              • Protocol #18: Downgrade Match. This Protocol is used when you feel your opponent is too weak for the current match and allows you to downgrade the match to an easier match. It can be insulting to your opponent, but this is often used by honorable players.
              • Protocol #19: Challenge Player. This one can be used at any time and will pause a team match so two opponents can duke it out solo. Keep in mind... this can be used to duke it out with a player on your own team if you are pissed off at them.
              • Protocol #20: Challenge Judge. This one can be used at any time and will pause a team match in play. This is used when you feel the judge has made a bad call on a play during the game. During this moment, the CEO himself resolves the situation personally. Most times, the players are in the right... but if you are not... see Protocol #6's punishment.

"It should be importantly noted that #17 and #18 cannot be used unless both teams agree to the change, and if they do, the opposite protocol cannot be called upon to reverse it."

Volavamon then said, "You probably noticed that I mentioned every type of match during #17 and probably have questions about them. Well, I will explain them now...
              • Rogue Match. This is a match performed without the presence of a judge. You can gain no points here and it is generally used to duke it out (see Protocol #19.)
              • Practice Match. This is a match performed with a judge where you train for play during official matches. It is often used as a tutorial only and is permitted to teach you what not to do and what you can do during official matches.
              • Standard Match. This is the most common kind of match. No judge is needed although you may have them if you want them. I am sure all of you are familiar with the Standard Match.
              • Tournament Match[/u]. This is the big one. When your team is ready to perform before millions in the arena versus your opponents. A judge is mandatory and you play with Tournament Decks; NOT your personal decks. You may not enter a tournament unless you are at least Rank 1. No tournament players can challenge you during a tournament if you are NOT Rank 1.
              • Pro Match. This is the one that scares even the bravest Tournament player. It is like the Rogue Match, but in place of a Judge, they have Medics at the ready. You are automatically on the field WITH your digimon partner. No Protocols are permitted during this match. Standard rules are thrown out the window. This is usually reserved for Digi-Destined battles, so be warned.

The fiery digimon smiled at that point. "Here is how scoring is done. When the match ends, if all opponents survived the match, then you only calculate for the cards used. If an opponent is knocked out of play, then whatever his usual starting points are is what you gain for your team. Example given...

Four opponents with 10 ghost starting points (in a Practice Match, you can only use ghost starting points; not your personal points.)

If you knock out all four opponents, that is 40 points.

Winning the match gives you 50 points.

You also get 1 point per card played rounded up to the nearest 10-increment for the entire match.

Ten rounds, ten cards played (burnt cards do not count), equals 10 points.

Now we're up to 100 points for winning.

If your face down cards get flipped face up, they add an additional 10 full points to the total.

Rank 0 Players need 50 points to reach Rank 1. When you reach a Rank that allows you to become that Rank, all excess points are lost and you become the new Rank with a preset amount of points.

That means Rank 1 players have 50 points to start with, exactly as you see on our totals. But during practice matches, we can't use them; we can only use the ghost points."

Volavamon then returns to his playing position where the field effect is lost and his points drop from 200 back to 50. "Therefore, the Ranking Experience chart is as follows...

Rank 0; Points 0; needs 50 points to advance

Rank 1; Points 50; needs 200 points to advance

Rank 2; Points 200; needs 400 points to advance

Rank 3; Points 400; needs 800 points to advance

Rank 4; Points 800; needs 1600 points to advance

Rank 5; Points 1600; needs 3200 points to advance

Rank 6; Points 3200; needs 5000 points to advance

Rank 7; Points 5000; needs 10000 points to advance

Rank 8; Points 10000; needs 20000 points to advance

Rank 9; Points 20000; needs 50000 points to advance

Rank Star; Points 50000

And so saying that... does anyone have any questions?"

Comment

"I've got one," Bobby said."Why is it that Protocol #10 cannot be used in practice duels. If the practice duels only last ten turns anyway, what difference does it make if we want to swap the turn order a bit."

Comment

The HotSO replied, "Musical Chairs used to be allowed across the board until the CEO decided to crack down on cheaters. Now it is mainly only used in Team Tournament play. The old Protocol for Musical Chairs read as following...

• Protocol #10: Musical Chairs. This Protocol when declared allows your team to temporarily rearrange your team line-up so players can take extra turns to improve their duel points. The person making the declaration always assumes the first position. All remaining players get to take an extra turn in order after the player in the new first position.

I argued this out with the CEO trying to explain that pushing those in training was not the way to catch cheaters, but he said if those in training learned beforehand not to perform this maneuver, then in Tournaments they will not be so inclined to use it. And I said, Bullshit! It was in my opinion that this be allowed in Practice matches but restricted from Tournament matches."

He then said, "There are a few more guidelines that I want to share with you guys during this break. I know a lot of you are wondering why the decks you were provided with during the Practice Matches are all identical. The Practice Decks are not your own personal Standard Decks for a reason. You are given duplicate decks so you can learn about cards as a team. If you have different decks, you would be confused since cards in one players deck wouldn't make sense to you since you have different cards."

The HotSO smiled. "Now to teach you about Internal Partner Cards or IPCs for short. At Rank 0 your digimon partner has 3 IPCs which depict the given abilities and skills which you outlined on your Partner Reference Forms. These IPCs are only available during official duels and Tournament matches when your partner actually gets to perform on the field. To use an IPC, you announce that your partner will use an IPC. Then it is up to them to declare which one they are using for all to hear. The point cost is equal to half of whatever you have in your hand during your turn. When your partner uses an IPC, you forfeit your turn and you forfeit any gained points when your turn ends.

Every time you gain a Digioh Rank, your partner acquires the space for three new abilities and skills. These are not automatic and you may have input with your partner to decide on what these new skills are. But you may only choose skills relevant to your partner's element."

"The Official Digioh Elements are as follows...

• Common. Earth
                  • Common. Fire
                  • Common. Wind
                  • Common. Water
                  • Uncommon. Light
                  • Uncommon. Dark
                  • Rare. Order
                  • Rare. Chaos
                  • Very Rare. Virus
                  • Unique. Unity

The 'standard' set of basic cards all players are free to chose from for building their personal decks are the 0 pointer cards. These are commonly known cards and exist in every deck whether you build your deck with them or not. There is no such thing as needing to generate points for 'mana' or 'energy' cards or the like.

2's are very commonly known cards from element.

4's are Uncommon but still rather widely known.

8-10 are much more unique and add 'flare' to the elemental cards

Special Cards, ULTRA RARE:

Unique: Specific Cards that power up/excite SPECIFIC Partner Cards abilities.

Combo Cards: Allow players to play up to two cards (not counting the Combo Card) for a combined effect

Unity Cards: VERY VERY VERY VERY RARE. With high costs. Most sought after of all."

The HotSO smiled again. "Whenever you hear collectors talking about trying to find an uber rare card, they are talking about Unity Cards. The top of the top. If you own one, be proud. Its the best card in your deck. However, we examined your personal decks and we know that none of you own such a card, but that doesn't mean you can't earn one." He winked.

Andrew grinned when he saw the wink. "Incentive to play better. Oh yeah..." Then he asked, "Regarding the 110 and 120 card decks sold in the stores, sir... I know some players in Horseshoe Bluff who own decks with over 230 cards in them. If there are only 110 cards, then how did they get the other cards without being in a Tournament?"

The HotSO grinned as he glanced at Brad. "You didn't tell them, Brad?"

Brad giggled. "Sometimes I like to see newbies squirm. It's like this, Andrew..." He paused for effect. "Booster Packs. They are usually only sold at Gaming Stores or Card Dealerships. I own a few myself that I had ordered online."

Comment

Jason sighs slightly, "Brad, I know you probably didn't mean it like that, but that makes you sound like a huge jerk. We're your team and you want to see us squirm?" He shakes his head as he tries to digest all of the information. "I know about booster packs.... Because if the judges noticed... All of my cards in my private deck... are from booster packs. The store where I go to play with Andrew sometimes sells boosters but they tend to sell out really, really quickly. I remember one time, I had to get up super early and wait like nearly 5 hours to get just one booster pack... Sure it was the last one and most picked over... but it didn't matter to me." He blushes slightly, "When I was just getting started in the game, my grandfather gave me a small number of cards and told me I had to build up my deck on my own. That it'd make me stronger, though to be honest, I don't win a lot of matches with it. But it's.. It's special to me anyway. And I didn't have a lot of money to buy the starter decks anyway...Though I haven't ever seen anything but the common cards."

Jason blushes again, "My grandfather is the one who originally helped me learn how to make my partner card. Though before I won the contest it wasn't official or anything. I think the gold foil design really make it look tons better."

Muscavaromon shrugs slightly, speaking mentally, I like the version you made better. Not as professional nor legal but you did work very hard on it and I liked it.

Jason blinks at raises a brow, "You saw that one?"

Muscavaromon smirks, Of course. You think the company 'drew' us to you?

Comment

The HotSO then added, "Also remember that this match was for educational purposes only. At this time, I can ask if the teams would like to start the match over with the fail safes turned off. What this means is that Protocol Restrictions would no longer apply. Again, usage or abuse of them would not count in the scoring. Furthermore, if you would like to use your own decks this time, we can set up the new match for that purpose. Your custom built decks must contain at least the numbers already stated, minimum.

ten 10-point cards

ten 8-point cards

ten 6-point cards

twenty 4-point cards

twenty 2-point cards

forty 0-point cards

The remaining extra cards in your deck may be both Booster Cards and leftover cards from the standard deck. Whatever floats your boat, as it were. However, to make the new match more fair, I think it is time to give Team Horseshoe a little help."

The HotSO pushed a button on the podium console and a flash of light made something appear in front of each human player. It was a new Booster Pack for a series not yet released to the public stores. That's right... a whole new Booster series. With a chance to get up to three new duel cards out of the ten booster cards and a guaranteed one Unity card.

"This is a Booster Pack for the Disc Savers Silver series. Each pack contains ten new cards which include six standard lesser cards of varying point counts, three high ranking cards, and one guaranteed Unity card. You were given Booster Packs of your own elements, so no one has a duplicate. Andrew has Virus; Jason has Light; Bobby has Fire; and Brad has Wind."

Andrew made a frowny face. "Virus? You mean my partner is sick?" in the head?

Not as sick as you apparently. Just open your booster pack and stop whining.

The HotSO added, "Professional players may have up to ten partners, so you are forewarned in advance."

Andrew slowly opened his Booster Pack. He was a little upset over what his element was. Virus made him sound evil.

Brad opened his pack and smiled as he browsed over the new cards. "...this one could be useful... this one is funny... this one... oh boy... hehehehe..." the last one had to do with his new Unity card.

<--putting my reply here due to the board acting weird and eating my reply--->

Jason looked at the new Booster Pack for a long moment, turning it over in his hands. Finally, Muscavaromon asks, Aren't you going to open it?

Jason looks over at his partner then back to the booster, I dunno. I don't really feel like I earned it. I didn't do anything for it. I didn't even buy them. It just... It doesn't feel right. He sighs and finally walks over to the HotSO, "I'm sorry but... I can't accept these. This just doesn't feel right. I didn't do anything to earn them at all and it feels like your giving us an edge just because you like us. I mean, I'm grateful and everything and I'd be fine with winning them from you or buying them... even though I'm kinda broke... But I can't just accept them for nothing."

Comment

Bobby opened up his booster, scanning over the cards he got. The effects on a few of the cards amused him a bit. When he looked at his Unity card, his expression quickly changed. He silently glanced at his other teammates briefly before returning his attention to his cards. "I'm going to have to be careful with this one."

He then turned toward the HotSO. With a much more clear idea of the protocols, Bobby felt a bit more confident that mistakes like the one he had made in the practice duel would not happen again. "I can't speak for the rest of my team, but I would personally like the ability to test my regular deck."

Comment

The HotSO was making some notations concerning how the boys reacted toward getting new cards. Apparently there had been a test in progress. He then said, "Would you like to test your standard custom deck as is, meaning without the new cards, or with the new cards?"

Brad seemed to catch on pretty fast. He had been about to slide the new cards into his custom deck when he stopped. "Oh no... I see what you're doing." He walked over and placed the new Booster Cards in a pile in front of the HotSO. "Jason is right. We haven't earned these. You're testing us to see if we give in to the temptation of cheating."

Andrew lifted his head. "Say what? But he said these were to help us."

Brad glanced back at Andrew. "Have you earned them? And if yes, explain how you earned them."

Andrew was quiet for a moment. Then he sighed as he brought his own new cards over. "I can't think of a single thing. Besides... my new cards sucked. I ended up with a bunch of defense and healing cards. Not a single attack card. Not even the Unity card was helpful in a one on one duel."

Pegagarurumon said, "Normally the Virus Element is the best Offensive Digimon in the game. All you got were Defense and Healing? That's weird."

Andrew nodded his head. "I know. In my custom deck, I have a lot of good attacks, but few defense and healing. And so when I opened this new Virus Booster Pack, it's all Defense and Healing. Not a single attack card among them. Sorta like a let down."

The HotSO looked to Bobby again. "Do you have anything to add? Or would you like to move to a match where you can use your deck with or without the new cards?"

Comment

Bobby looked over at Brad, placing the cards he'd gotten in front of the HotSO as well. "I'd be okay with it either way. With or without the new cards..."

"There you go being eager again," Malacanimon remarked.

Bobby stuck his tongue out before looking back toward his team.

Comment

Jason looked over at Andrew, "Really... Maybe the cards could be useful in a different context. I mean, in the old Digimon shows, there was some very good and honorable viral digimon... Like, um, that General guy, Gabriel, he was awesome and he was Viral Light and he was super cool. Viral isn't about bad or good, it's just an elemental alignment. There were even some evil AntiVirals like that corrupted and evil Leomon who tried to kill Panthromon way back in Season 4." He thinks a minute then grins, "Like what if you used an Attack that lowered your life points then followed it up, wham, with an completely unexpected Viral Heal, spreading healing through out your entire party, no one see that coming!" He giggled a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X