Collapse
No announcement yet.

KUY2-01 Back on Campus Again

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KUY2-01 Back on Campus Again

Kingdom University (Year 2) -- 9/7/2010
    Episode One: Back on Campus Again
    By Timesheart and Darquirrin

After a roaring success for an educational institution bringing two kingdoms on Sun Raven Earth together, the college prepares for it's second term with new students and the campuses first human/stag from another world. But occurring at the same time as Dunmore Tales, this is the RPG series of adventures of another set of K.U. students. To avoid confusion (and story crossover mishaps in Ycehart Hall), KUY2 will occur in the dorm halls of Mynotalis, Bucking Brook, and Nobleheart. (Ycehart, Alpha Tai Dashpaw, and Rosethyme will all be mentioned in this series, but those halls will not be played in.)
    Starring:

1. Christopher Lionmane, male winged lion - Timesheart
    ~~ Dorm Hall: Nobleheart Hall
    2. Beo Kenad, male beaver - Timesheart
    ~~ Dorm Hall: Bucking Brook Hall
    3. Zale Tate, male rabbit - Timesheart
    4. Yoko Orlando, female cockatoo - Timesheart
    ~~ Dorm Hall: Mynotalis Hall

1. Montar Alamade, male bovine - Darquirrin
    ~~ Dorm Hall: Mynotalis Hall
    2. Alistar Vice, male ermine - Darquirrin
    3. Trane Trupaw, male lion - Darquirrin
    ~~ Dorm Hall: Bucking Brook Hall
    <=><=><=> Episode One: Back on Campus Again <=><=><=>

Kingdom University, Sun Raven Earth
    Nobleheart Hall

Christopher and Zale entered the lobby at nearly the same time. The desk clerk, a female phoenix who wore a crystal tiara, glanced up when she saw them and her beak fell open. Both boys were nearly covered with grime, mud, and tar.

"What in the world?"

Zale grinned his pearly whites. "Power of the press, sister. Could you activate the automatic unlock on our room so we can get in there and get cleaned up? I need to type up another HOT story for the Campus Newspaper."

Christopher chuckled. "Just remember NOT to mention that a winged lion was HELPING you get the scoop. My parents don't need to learn about our little outing to the old swamp fortress."

~~~~~

Bucking Brook Hall

Beo worked in the Hall's workshop fixing another student's TV set. He was in his loved environment. Aside from geek rodentia and mustelids who came and went from the workshop and connecting computer lab, he rarely saw anyone in there. "Found the nasty little culprit. Now to replace this bugger and patch it up again. I wonder if I'll see Shaq in classes tomorrow?"

~~~~~

Mynotalis Hall

Yoko was on stage in the cafeteria where she and some friends were entertaining the masses (lunch crowd) with their music. When you're a crazy cockatoo, you can do anything you want.

Alistar often was visiting said Hall's workshop and today was no different as he was busily pounding away on a keyboard, muttering to himself, as he worked. "No, no, no you stupid...yes...like that... now... let's see...yes.... DAMN IT! WHAT NOW!" Just as he yelled, Beo could hear Alistar's cursing from where he was... More stuff to fix!?

~~~~~

Trane looks up from where he was reading a book in the corner of the lobby. "Only one problem. The plumber's currently working on the showers. Some idiot flushed a bunch of expanding foam peanuts down the drain.... Almost flooded the bathroom. Hopefully they'll have it fixed before that stuff dries in your fur."

~~~~~

Montar was eating, and he was very hard to miss, and watching the crazy cockatoo. After he finished... He lumbered over, "You make really nice music. Can I have your autographs?" Standing there in front of the stage, the entire group was effectively hidden by a curtain of beef muscle.

Comment

Zale looked at Christopher and said, "In that case, we better go use the showers at the campus gym. It might be quicker that way. We can't afford to let this stuff dry."

And they both departed for the Campus Gym nearby.

~~~~~

Yoko signed the autograph. "That's a lot of beef cake you're toting around. Have you thought about getting a job at the Reverse Polarity?"

~~~~~

Beo finished the TV, then he peered into the computer lab. "Is it jammed again?"

Comment

Trane watches them leave then checks his watch and sighs slightly, going back to his book. "Late as always."

~~~~~

Montar tilts his huge head slightly, "beef cake? What is..." He shakes his head, "What is the Reverse Polarity? I am new to this place."

~~~~~

Alistar grrs as the computer fails again to respond to his commands and looks up at Beo, "Yeah. The bloody thing's frozen up harder than ... Well let's just say damn hard."

Comment

Yoko smiles. "My brother works there as a music arrange for the muscle bound workers who work and get paid a lot of money just to show off their muscles to the crowd. Here... I'll give you the address for the place." And she handed Montar one of the business cards.

~~~~~

Beo comes over to the computer and opens it up and works on it right there. "Name is Beo. I fix things around here when I'm not attending classes."

~~~~~

At the Campus Gym, Zale and Christopher find the place largely empty, which is fine for what they need to do as they hit the showers and help wash, shampoo, and clean each other.

Comment

Montar smiles and nods, "Thank you. I like bodybuilding demonstrations. I'm good at that." He obviously missed the hint as he thumped off to his room, reading the card.

~~~~~

Alistar grins as he starts to assist, "I think it's that the seating is damaged... Got any solder? We might have to fill in the gap with some so that it stops loosing connection with the SDRAM's contacts. Oh! And I'm Alistar! Nice ta meet yas. I'm not from this dorm but it's gots the BEST lab... usually."

~~~~~

Trane sighed and closed his book with a snap sound as one paw closed around it and he stood up, "Tch... I bet he's in the lab still... Well, we're almost out of time so I suppose I will be going alone again." He slipped the book into a small pouch and started off.

Comment

Beo says, "I hope you're not late for an appointment someplace. I know how addictive these computers can be. And hypnotic."

~~~~~

At the Campus Gym, Zale and Christopher are finishing up their clean-up on each other.

Zale says, "This will be the greatest story I ever published in the campus newspaper."

Christopher said, "I just hope the next outing is messier than this one was, I mean... not quite so sticky." he winks. "I like having adventures off campus. My parents would be whipping me in public if they knew I was in harms way."

Comment

Alistar hrms? "What? appointment?" He looks his watch and makes a very annoyed sound, "Crap! When did it get so late... Trane'll be done left with me... Damn it..." He sighs, "I'll be back to help ... I just gotta go warn a friend." And he dashes off.

Comment

Nobleheart Hall

Christopher and Zale re-entered the lobby together.

Zale said, "It would be nice to have other adventuring playmates to go on adventures with us, Chris."

Christopher fluffed his wings one time, then he chuckled. "So you're planning another outing already. Well just remember to let me come along."

Comment

Alistar ran into Trane between dorms and was busy explaining the situation.

Trane merely chuckles, "I already expected it... But if you are here, I suppose you can still tag along. Come on then, I do like to be punctual." The two then headed off together for the planned event.

Back in Mynotalis Hall, Montar had just finished his evening ritual of exercises, unfortunately waking up a few neighbors from the sound and THUMPS which he promptly apologized for. He was preparing at the moment for the last two 'duties' of the night, namely dinner and dental hygiene.

Comment

That night at General Assembly...

Dean Omar Kinsbert was giving his speech while the others were all seated in their dorm sections. Ycehart Hall's bleachers contained an Arctic Fox who was paying astute attention as well as an orange tabby cat who seemed to have a set of earphones on while jiving and rocking to some unknown/unheard tune. There was a big studly horse guy among their number, too, along with a male crazy kook of a cockatoo with rainbow feathers.

Also on stage, though seated, where several faculty members, along with Warneeri, Huckleberry Slyfingers, Garla Canopyskimmer, and Christopher's royal parents in the royal box. Standing to one side just off stage was a Police Skunk and a Police German Shepherd. Nearby was a Firefighter Dalmatian.

In the Rosethyme's bleachers, a huge female iguana and a short chubby female panda bear were seated together.

And of course, various members of Leafdog's Closet Coon* cast were also in attendance.

In Nobleheart Hall's bleachers, Christopher Lionmane sat in the upper back bleachers with Zale Tate and Alistar Vice.

In Bucking Brook Hall's bleachers, Beo Kenad sat with Trane Trupaw.

And in Mynotalis Hall's bleachers, Yoko Orlando sat some distance from Montar Alamade. Yoko waved at her brother in the other bleachers, who in turn waved back with a crazy smile.
                      *...Used with permission.

Christopher whispered to his friend Zale, "erf... my parents are on stage and I know who they are looking at."

Zale whispered back, "I'm just your squire. You're old enough to have one by now..."

Comment

Alistar blinks and looks over to Christopher, "Your their kid?" He huhs, "Learn somethin' new everyday. Didn't expect that. Family troubles?"

Montar stood out from the others in the bleachers... mostly because his weight and size placed a curve in the surrounding bleachers. Unfortunately, it made him rather obvious. But he was smiling and watching the ceremony with rapt attention.

Trane just looked bored and was idly reading another paperback book. He had still dressed in somewhat less than 'dress' attire with muddy boots and lots of leather. Looks like he just came back from muddy rock-climb.. or an old school acquirers meeting. But his mane and body are surprisingly well kept despite this.

Comment

Christopher whispers to Alistar, "Yeah... dad wanted me in the knights and mom wanted me in a private royalists school. And all I wanted to do was become a free adventurer. The parents couldn't get me to agree to their terms, so they laid down an ultimatum... attend college within view of the palace OR... kingdom army boy or royalist goody two-shoes school. After I enrolled here, I met Zale and through him I learned that I could attend college yet still have adventures, under the claim that it's for a grade. And so... that's what Zale and I have been doing for the college newspaper. But my parents cannot ever find out that I am having these adventures, or I'm drafted."

Zale grins, whispering, "He's good in a fight, I am glad to say. We had to fight to get out of the last place."

Comment

Alistar chuckles, "You two sound like Trane now. In any case, your parents are pretty stuffy. You can count on me to keep things quiet." He winks. "Besides, I'm not much for stuffed-shirts anyway. Uh... no offense." He looked back at the stage and says, "I wonder how long this is gonna take..."

Comment

Zale smiles slyly at Alistar. "If you want to come with us on our next outing, you're welcome to."

Christopher smiled a little now. It was always fun having others in their excursions.

Comment

Working...
                              X