X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CAMP-09] TCP: BS-01 Partners in Hiatus

Black Storm - Theodore Cyrus Page

Following an escape from the animated world vaults, several former leaders join with Theodore Cyrus Page in his inherited business of Black Storm Movers.

[CAMP_04] TCP: BS-01 Partners in Hiatus.
    By Darrel Vanwinkle (Lord Pouchlaw)
    12/14/2019

Chapter One.

Deep within the mists of cancelled animated TV shows
    The Hiatus Haven Bar and Grill; Animated Vault Land

At a far back table sat a few animated former TV personalities playing cards and drinking cheap beer. Hunter, formerly of the Road Rovers; Razor; formerly of the Swat Kats; Throttle, formerly of the Biker Mice from Mars; Leonardo, formerly of the 1980s Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles; and Allo, formerly of the Dinosaucers. "I need two cards, Razor," said Hunter as he tossed two cards into the throw away pile. "Man... if I don't get a decent job soon, I am tempted to march myself directly into the gas chamber for the last mile. Hiring myself out as a security dog for ungrateful Warner executives is certainly not helping me to make ends meet with Colleen and our kids. My son Tracker is making sandwiches at a diner downtown and making very little doing it. The owner makes him wear plastic gloves while he prepares the food." He sighed. "Makes me sick to think that my son is having to support us both."

Razor dealt two cards to the golden retriever. "I know what you mean, pal. I have to work part time in a small repairs shop for minimum wage. I miss the days of being an ex-enforcer. My son Cutter ran away from home when he saw that I couldn't afford to send him to college. I may join you in the gas chamber if things don't improve."

"Try being a washed up dinosaur from outer space whom is stereotyped into a role so known that no one will hire you for any reason," said Allo with a sigh as he sipped his cheap beer. "We didn't even get a toy line. I have to beg on the streets. That gas chamber idea is starting to sound pretty good."

Leonardo pitched in all five of his poker cards. "Deal me a new hand, will ya. With all the martial arts that Splinter taught us, you would think that we turtles would have been able to get a job teaching martial arts. Mikey was reduced toward advertising Turtle Soup. Donatello gets a small residual check for that one invention that he sold to Apple, but it isn't enough to support four turtles on. Raphael and Casey ended up in jail after they accidentally roughed up a cop. At least they are getting free room and board now."

Throttle sighed as he pitched his cards back toward Razor. "I fold. I lost my tour guide job at the museum. Look at us, guys. We used to stand for something important and now... we are sulking and drinking like lazy bums. I don't know when the last time I had a decent bath was. Who are we kidding? No one wants to hire has-beens like us."

At that moment, Jake the kangaroo mouse, formerly of Disney's Rescuers Down Under movie, bounded across the room and landed on their table. "Great news, govs. Ah got a 'ot tip for a job outside the vault. We can all go check out this opening together. Wildwing Flashblade is waiting for us outside in 'is ve'icle. Or 'ave yas given up already?"

Razor stood up as he gathered up his cards and put them back into the package before pocketing them. "We have to check into this, guys. All other jobs are filled or are degrading to our former greatness. If it doesn't pan out, then its off to the gas chamber for the lot of us."

Jake said, "That is pretty morbid, Razor. Ah know yas blokes are 'urting, but this opening just got announced only an 'our ago. We 'ave to act fast or else we might miss out on getting this job at all. Pretty please? Ah suck at making the sad puppy eyes, mates."

The group headed toward the front of the bar where Razor deposited a quarter into the tip jar on the counter. "Thanks for letting us use the table in the back, Gadget. Wish us luck; we're going to see about snagging a decent job."

And then the group piled into the back of the Migrator which was being piloted by the former Mighty Duck known as Wildwing Flashblade. Sitting in the passenger seat was the former Mobian head of the secret police, a skunk called Geoffrey St. John. Wildwing said, "The human hiring is asking for a combination of muscle, navigators, and planners. I am glad you former leaders are in this with us; we don't have permission to leave the vault which is why I am going to crash the gate doing ninety-eight as we escape."

Razor buckled himself into a seat. "Reminds me of what T-Bone and I used to do in our show. We're with you, pal."

Hunter spoke up at that point. "How is it that you still have use of the Migrator, Wildwing? I thought our old equipment was locked away in the animation garage."

Wildwing grinned slyly. "I stole it, of course. Duke would be so proud of me."

Hunter then broke the fourth wall with a smile as he commented, "I would not have predicted this." Then he fastened his seat belt. Allo was seated on the floor where Grin would normally sit. Throttle was sitting in Nosedive's usual seat. Leonardo sat in Duke's bucket seat and then he strapped himself in.

The streets were barren at that hour as Wildwing put the pedal to the metal as he picked up speed heading straight for the barricade that would lead out into the real world. Aside from the minor road block at the animated vault tunnel, they didn't even have any guards at the blockade as Wildwing announced, "Brace yourselves! We're busting out of here! Here we go!"

CRASH!!

As the Migrator broke out into the real world, it transformed from its cartoon equivalent into its real world counterpart. As Wildwing hung a sharp left on to the highway, in the back floor boards of the Migrator, the 1970s version of Bugs Bunny sat up from where he had been sleeping, as he said, "Where we going, doc?"

Razor and Hunter both turned to look at the bunny as Razor said, "The Warner execs will freak out if you go missing, Bugs. We are escaping to go look for a job in the real world. Promise not to tell your bosses and you can come with us." Bugs Bunny said, "I am the 1960s and 1970s version of the rabbit. I last worked during the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner show. When the 80s era started, the execs drew and animated a new version of me and then they retired me into the vault. The newest version got to be in the Loony Toons movies."

End of Chapter One.
Working...
X