Seeker Solstice (Solus), Legosi Lad

Allies:
    Commissioner Charles Wallace Reivax, Sponsor of the Mighty Courageans
    Granny Zee Switcher, Switcher Woman
    Mark Norward, Cosmic Mouse; The Valoreans from the Haji Universe

Villains:
    Black Bart
    Two-Gun Desperado

Chapter One: A Hero is More Than Just Power.

Just after the Shark Rangers and Seth departed, Richard's communicator rang and he activated it. "Colorado here. Go ahead."

"Greetings, Colorado!" It was Lava Master. "Now that the Leviathan emergency is over with, our truce is over with. And I have a little friend of yours in my grasp. Go ahead, kid. Say hello to your hero."

"Colorado! Help!" It was Rick Ranger. "He says he's going to roast me alive!"

Richard growled, "Lava Master! You bastard! Let Rick go right now! I mean it! What did he do to you?"

Lava Master replied, "You made him a Junior Couragean! That is plenty enough of a reason for me to nab him! Show up alone at the Space Needle tonight or your little fan boy here becomes the newest flame broiled star in Seattle!"

And with that, the signal was shut off.

Richard looked extremely pained. "NO! Lava Master has Rick Ranger!"

Ned glanced over quickly. "That boy who saved your life in Blaine? Lava Master is going to PAY for that! Let's go get him, Richard!"

Richard said, "No wait, Ned! Lava Master told me to come alone or Rick would be Seattle's newest flame broiled star! I have to go alone or he'll kill Rick!"

At that moment, Victor said, "Richard? I think I have an idea that can help you in your battle against Lava Master and you will still be facing the bastard alone! There isn't much time, so let's regroup and make our preparations!"

Midnight at the Seattle Space Needle...

'Richard' wearing his old Colorado Kid costume arrived at the Space Needle and entered the structure and took the elevator up to the observation deck.

No other Couragean or Shark Ranger seemed to be around.

On the deck of the Space Needle, 'Richard' glanced around and exclaimed, "Okay, Lava Master, you sidewinder! I came alone! Where are you and what did you do with Rick Ranger?"

That is when Lava Master stepped into view and pointed down toward a horizontal flagpole jutting off one side of the Space Needle's observation deck. "So good of you to come, Colorado Kid. And now, I am so going to enjoy killing you. And when I am done with you, your little friend can take a sky dive without a parachute off of the Observation Deck."

'Richard' replied, "Getting me here and killing me isn't as easy as it sounds, Lava Master! NOW RICHARD!"

And at that point, flying up to Rick's location in a shot of black light, the real Richard took one of Ned's old Bowie Knives and cut Rick loose and carried him off in safety! "Got him!"

Lava Master growled, "Wait a minute! How can there be TWO Colorado Kids??"

And at that moment, 'Richard' touched something on his left wrist and the cloaking affect shimmered, as the 'Richard' human form vanished and the Uranian War Rabbit known as Crusader Rabbit stood in his place! "There isn't, you fool! When you mess with the American Eight... be prepared to get a few 'blisters'!"

And before Lava Master could react to Kelthrick's words, the entirety of Seattle heard thirty of an all too familiar sound!

"SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH! SHWISH!" Yes, thirty times at lightning speed.

And that is when Assisto dropped the spell of Invisibility that had been covering Switcher Woman who was standing point-blank on the Observation Deck WITH Kelthrick and Lava Master! And the villain's face was in an abject contortion of horrific pain, as both hands were holding his rear end and he looked absolutely petrified!

Rick, being held in Colorado's arms, said with a smile, "Now you've saved my life, Colorado! We're even! And you're still my favorite hero! But that was an awesome team plan for rescuing me!"

Richard smiled. "Thanks, Rick. But now, I better get you back home to your parents. They're probably worried sick about you." And with that, Richard flew off with Rick to the South.

Back on the ground level, Lava Master was wrapped up in an asbestos straitjacket and taken away by the police department. And later still, the heroes returned to their seaside headquarters in Oregon. It had been an exciting night, but the team were all pepped up and feeling great.
    End of Chapter One.
Working...
X