[KMRT-KFM] BK-01 It's What We do

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KMRT-KFM] BK-01 It's What We do

Magicwood - QC Starknight

After his brother becomes Thunder Crest on the Wolf Stars TV show, Basil Knight embarks on adventures in Magicwood as the Knight of the Full Moon.

[KMRT-KFM] BK-01 It's What We do.
    By Darrel Vanwinkle (Lord Pouchlaw)
    Written on 05/20/2020

Chapter One.

Drodunk, Minnesota; 36 Miles West of Grand Rapids in the Chippewa Nat'l Forest, USA; Planet Earth

My story officially started just after my brother Vale became Thunder Crest (the paladin wolf) on Ironpaws' Wolf Stars TV Show. But to see how that came about, let me retell my brother's story before officially getting into my own. Now back to Drodunk, Minnesota on Earth...

"Home video of the Rampaging Wolf Beast - Take 4!" shouted the girl with the video camcorder. "Action! And get it right this time, Vale!"

Vale Knight was a tall slender good looking boy with light tan skin, blond hair, and aquamarine eyes. He was six feet tall and weighed 185 pounds. He normally wore blue jeans, white tennis shoes, and a red button up dress shirt adorned with the logo of his school. He also had wire framed eye glasses. He had the body of a apprentice gymnast and he was often seen carrying a book of some sort with him where ever he went.

Today however, Vale was dressed up in a fur suit that he had custom made for him from a well known furry costume maker. It appeared to be that of a black furred shadow wolf, or that's what the maker had called it. And it was made extremely well. It fit him like a glove. He had been tempted to sleep in it a few times. It felt that good. Very silky on the inside.

The dog trainer had the trained black retriever run across the parking lot and into motel room on the other side where Vale was suited up and ready for the cue to emerge. When he got the signal, he emerged from the motel room and then...

...all Hell broke loose!

Vale had just barely ambled out into the parking lot and was beginning his simulated howl, when suddenly a gout of fire and brimstone just barely missed him as it erupted from the parking lot pavement and a horrendous metallic hound monster with horns on its head materialized out of the flames and released what was perhaps the most wicked of howls ever heard in the Richards Townsite. Needless to say, Vale could hear bodily functions from his friends from clear across the parking lot.

"Keep that camera rolling, Krystal!" Vale shouted, as he reared back and punched the Hellish beast right in the solar plexus. It went without saying that the sudden pain in its stomach had not gone unnoticed and as the monster turned to the source of the strike, Vale power punched the creature in both eyes which sent the beast flailing backwards with its paws over its eye. And then Vale leaped forward and as he landed on the houndish monster's toes, he drove an uppercut directly into the scrotum of the beast!

As the beast fell over in abject pain, two more creatures suddenly appeared on the scene. It was what appeared to be the sexiest hell hound ever seen and the most handsome moon dog ever to grace the Earth. And both were armored for battle. And they both arrived in time to see a human boy in a fur suit put their enemy on the ice, so to speak.

"How in the...?" started the hell hound. But before he could finish, the Hellish beast surprised Vale and sank his teeth directly into the boy's neck and shoulder. And that was when Vale's life started it's strange falling journey into the most bizarre encounter that he could ever dream of.

As he hit the pavement, bleeding profusely from the bite wound, all time seemed to stop around the boy lying in the also stopped pooling of his own blood.

"What just happened?" He asked, realizing that everything just stopped around him. "I feel so hot inside..."

"Hear that, Quota? He feels hot inside," said a nearby minuscule voice that stood on his left shoulder. The creature appeared to be a small 3 inch tall black mouse with small golden devil horns on his head and who had a barbed devil's tail that jutted outwards from the back of his three-piece all red business suit. Instead of holding a red pitchfork, he held a devilish pitchfork shaped PDA with wireless Interplanar High-Speed Infernet Access and a light pen accessory.

On his opposite shoulder, a female pristine white small 3 inch tall mouse dressed as an angel with white feathered wings and a gossamer halo over her head appeared gently and replied, "At least this time you didn't cause this twist of fate, Finik. But worry not, young Vale. An act of god-"

"Nature!" interrupted Finik in an annoyed manner of voice.

"I meant to say nature." She sighed. "I was trained the old way, Finik. Everyone makes mistakes."

"Including the big guy upstairs?"

"Who do you think came up with the idea of a male-only urinal?"

"Touche, Quota. That was truly disgusting. But shouldn't you be continuing with the explanation now. We're on a time schedule, you know..."

"Oh yes, the union. Coffee break will be coming up soon," she said with a smile at the bleeding boy. "An act of nature will heal your wounds and you will live through this encounter. But your life will be forever changed after that. And you can expect to see the two of us around later. We are your case workers and-"

Finik's PDA started beeping. "Coffee break! Sorry kid, you're on your own for the next hour. Come on, Quota. I'll buy you some of that heavenly sugar cream you seem to like so much."

And with that, the angel mouse (Quota) and the devil mouse (Finik) both vanished off of his shoulders.

End of Chapter One.

Chapter Two.

And suddenly time seemed to be moving again. But before he could groan in pain, the promised act of nature occurred as a twin lightning bolt arced down out of the sky and struck Vale on the spot. And in the next few instants, Vale found himself hovering in mid air in an upright position as his body glowed brightly and his form began to painfully transform.

Vale felt the hairs on the back of his neck prickling up as his body began it's painful metamorphosis. His feet slowly changed into large wolfen foot paws. His legs then became digitigrade like a wolf which supported his still changing body. He felt his tail bone tingling as the tail of a wolf slowly snaked down from his tail bone. His genitalia also changed into their wolfen counterpart. The changes continued up through his torso as he became more fit and buff than before as he grew in size slightly. The shifting continued throughout his arms as he developed muscles and a strength greater than he previously had before. His hands became like a furries wolfen paw although his claws were very sharp. His head then seemed to slightly inflate abnormally as his ears shifted shifted to the top of his head and became that of a wolf. Then as his new thick fur began to cover his body, his face slowly began to push out into a defined wolfen muzzle. His bloodied clothes although tattered and torn from the battle, the lightning, and now the harsh transformation, somehow continued to cling to his hulking wolf man body. Vale then lifted his head toward the storming sky and released a very ominous howl that caused all nearby to cringe and freeze in their tracks.

Including the metallic hound monster and the two planar anthropomorphic hounds who had been fighting him!

Needless to say, the hellish monster probably learned that day that there will always be a beast far more powerful than he as he reflected upon his defeat in the bowels of the underworld. He definitely knew how Humpty Dumpty felt!

Vale on the other paw was currently undergoing one of the strangest examinations that he had ever had. Dr. Yakko Warner from Q.C. Planet and an anime assistant of his, one Dr. Anderson Tennyson, was examining him while his parents, his siblings, his friend, and Cat Lord Albert Atticus stood nearby watching.

"Are you sure Vale is going to be alright, Mr. Atticus?" ask Vale's mother, Margaret.

Lord Albert glanced over at the female adult. "That is what we are trying to determine right now, Mrs. Knight. Normally, what occurred to your son would only happen on Q.C. Planet. This is the first time I've ever heard of this occurrence happening on Earth. Something major must be disrupting the planar energies to cause something like this to occur."

Vale's father, Terrence, asked, "Then Vale is a werewolf of some sort now? Isn't that dangerous?"

"Apparently your son seems to be in control of his new power. But his normal life as a human boy is over with. He will need special care and cautious support in his new life. Because you're his parents, you will have the final say so in what happens to him with regards to his relocation and re-education."

Margaret arched an eye. "Relocation? Where to?"

"To Q.C. Planet, of course," replied Lord Albert. "And before you complain, allow me to explain something to you folks... if your son stayed here, eventually, and you wouldn't know when or where, a werewolf hunter would appear who would have it in their head that your son was a threat to be "dealt with" in the only ways that a hunter knows how. And that would mean to kill him. And I know you two don't want that. So we have to get Vale someplace safe. And the only place safe that I know of is Q.C. Planet, where things like Vale's experience is normal."

Terrence then asked, "And what of this re-education process you mentioned?"

"Because Vale is a werewolf now, he will need to learn things that only another werewolf can teach him. And I don't mean the classic hunt down a fresh victim and feast on their innards, either. Most enlightened werewolves don't do that sort of thing anymore. They know that a sirloin steakhouse is going to have much cleaner food that is better for them. No, the things they would teach your son involves werewolf life, the use of his powers, and... how to resist the light of the full moon."

Just then, Vale's brother and sister approached and the older one, Basil (yes, that's me) said, "We would like to accompany Vale to where ever he is going to live on Q.C. Planet. We figure that he might need family support rather than just be isolated off by himself where ever you were thinking of sending him. And since we're both college aged, when the time comes, we can attend a college on Q.C. Planet and still be available for Vale."

Margaret replied in a worried tone, "Are you both sure you want to do this?"

Basil replied back, "We're Knights; it's what we do."

Knight Compound; Magicwood, QC Starknight

Lord Albert must have loved my response for not long after he had the three knights (that's us) in a nice walled estate in an animated Western coastal region of Magicwood of QC Starknight. Just outside of the region was the film makers mecca known as Studio City, where we ended up residing during Vale's career. But again, I'm getting ahead of myself.

The huge back yard was an enormous plus for Vale's upcoming werewolf lessons. In a side yard was what appeared to be a tournament area for knights, although our having that name... we really couldn't see ourselves using it for that purpose. But since Vale changed species, we had learned that you cannot rule anything out. And our lives were about to get weird again. It had been nearly two days since Vale's accident and we were helping Vale get his bedroom arranged when it happened. "I hate it when the authorities move our clients around, Quota," said a voice that Vale had only heard from before the accident. Turning his gaze to one side, on his shoulder was the aforementioned Finik dressed as he had been before. "Hello Vale. We told you you'd be seeing us again. We're your case workers after all."

End of Chapter Two.

Comment

Chapter Three.

Sitting on his other shoulder was the white clad counterpart, Quota. "Yes, Finik. But we always find our clients regardless."

"WHAT IS THAT?!" loudly exclaimed my younger sister.

I held her back and commented, "Hold on... they appear to be consciouses. You know... the usual two spirits who argue over someone when assisting their subject in making either right or wrong decisions? Only... I always thought consciouses appeared to be miniature naked versions of the subject. These two look like mice."

Quota bowed with a smile. "I am Quota and that is Finik. We are Vale's case workers. Anyone who goes through near death trauma are assigned a pair of us. Our union does not allow nudity while on duty, so... what you see is what you get. And we consciouses are modernized. We don't handle the temptation spiel anymore. Our job is to assist our clients in organizing their lives after their near death experience."

Finik added, as he checked his PDA, "And we get coffee breaks and days off like anyone else. And yes, we get both medical and dental, pre-paid. The pay checks are nice too. I happen to like the new PDA we're assigned. It really helps me keep track of things. Like the infernal stock market and the rumor network news." His PDA emitted a small 'ding' at that moment. "One moment..." And he started managing the incoming call.

Our sister said, "Well... in that case I guess it's okay. I was just surprised, that's all. My name is Lorraine and this is my older brother Basil. We're Vale's older siblings. We volunteered to come along to give him the family support while he was here getting his werewolf training."

Basil nodded his head. "Vale's friend Krystal will be along later once she completes high school in a few weeks. When she heard this estate was near Studio City on Q.C. Planet, she declared she would definitely be joining us later."

Quota replied, "Pleased to make your acquaintances. However, from now on, if you see either of us on Vale's shoulders, try not to pay us much mind. We are here for Vale."

Vale grinned at the rest of his older siblings. "Don't pay them any mind; they said it themselves. I am glad you both came along, actually. This werewolf business is really weird. By the way... when is my werewolf instructor supposed to be arriving?"

Basil replied, "According to Lord Albert, it will be tomorrow night. He claimed that your first lesson should be at night and I can guess why. Werewolves are supposedly stronger by night as opposed to their strength by day."

Vale couldn't help but to grin after that. That would give him a whole day to prepare.

Lorraine remarked, "I am usually baking cookies in the afternoons, so if you case workers want a cookie, just ask."

The two case workers looked as if the older sister was a benefit to their helping Vale at that point. They didn't pay me much mind; I guess I would have to have sex with Finik to get attention and I don't want to hurt the poor mouse. I am a Knight, after all. When the two mice were off on their union break, I told Vale what I had surmised about the case workers, and my brother was on the ground laughing after that. He said it would be a very tiny hole and unless I had a pencil-dick, then I would never fit. When we are not being Knights, we can actually be pretty funny!

When night fell, we got to meet Vale's werewolf instructor. He was a rough looking humanoid werewolf whom was wearing a simple dog collar. This indicated that he was once someone's pet on a local farm. Imagine their surprise when he got his studly body. While Vale was off removing his clothes in preparation for his training session, I spoke with the instructor. "I've never known werewolves to wear a dog collar, sir. What does your signify?"

The werewolf grinned. "It tells people that I belong to Tom Rivers. He is my boy. I'd do anything for him."

I then said, "Lately, everything just seems to drop into Vale's lap. He has those union based mousy case workers from life/death services, and now he has a stud of a trainer so he can learn about being a werewolf. I am starting to feel left out of events. But don't worry about that. Perhaps I should go find something to do while you are training my brother. I haven't explored those woods behind the compound yet."

The werewolf then said, "That is part of Magicwood, kid. If you plan on going in there, do be careful. It is real easy to get lost in there at night. The people whom live in there are friendly enough, but they don't think so much about clothes. I wouldn't mind seeing you naked myself. By the way, I am called Lightningstar. Also, if you get infected with were-ism and you want to be cured later, go to Reed Huxley and he will restore you to normal. As for me, I was born this way, so there is nothing to cure on me."

I then shook his furry hand. "You can call me Basil. Where is your boy tonight? Tom must be a fun host for you to grow up with."

Lightningstar replied, "My boy is in the hospital. I am having to do odd jobs to raise money for his treatment. He got sick and no one seems to know what is wrong with him."

I patted the werewolf on his upper arm. "My sister, Lorraine, knows how to make an old cure-all that can treat mystery ailments. If you ask her nicely, she might make this cure for your boy Tom and then he could get out of that awful hospital. I can see that you care about your boy a lot."

Lightningstar smiled. "Thank you, Basil. I'll ask your sister about it before I train your brother tonight. Have fun in the woods and don't throw a fit if you lose your clothes."

End of Chapter Three.

Comment

Chapter Four.

Removing a lot of his good clothes, Basil chose to wear some of his old camping clothes that he didn't care to lose if something happened to them out in Magicwood. Since his brother was going to be busy with Lightningstar and his sister was not only baking cookies but making the cure-all for the werewolf to give to his human boy, no one would notice the young man heading out into the woods to have an adventure of his own. Even Vale's case workers were more interested in Lorraine than in him directly. This made Basil feel unwanted and left out of any happenings occurring around the compound. He would just have to find an adventure of his own.

He had just barely entered the magical forest behind the compound and all sounds that had been occurring in the front courtyard simply ceased to be heard. Basil thought that this was an unusual but useful occurrence to experience, although it would make it harder for him to be heard if he got into some trouble out there as well. Despite that possibility, Basil continued to walk deeper into the Magicwood forest. After an hour, he came across several statues of humanoid rabbits and humanoid donkeys facing each other within a square clearing which had an odd checkerboard pattern on the ground. Most of the statues seemed to be positioned out of place as if to suggest that someone had no clue as to how to arrange chess pieces upon a chess board. Taking a moment to examine the varied different statues... Basil began arranging the statues back into their starting positions on the grassy checkerboard.

Eventually, he noted that one of the donkey statue pieces was missing from the game field. It was the King's Knight position on the Black side. Initially thinking that the statue may have been knocked over into the woods to one side of the board, Basil searched all four borders to no avail until he returned to the empty spot where the Black King's Donkey Knight would have stood in the line-up. "I don't understand this... the statue would be placed right here..." And as he said 'here', he stepped on to that spot in the line-up; whereupon, a flash of light blinded him temporarily and when his vision cleared, Basil found himself within a dark donkey stable laying flat on his back upon clean straw in the middle of the stall itself. As he slowly began to sit up, he felt as if he was sitting on the round handle of a garden tool and then he saw down his asinine nose and snout. His hands immediately arose to feel his donkey face and as expected, his hands went up to feel his donkey ears. He noted that his shoes lay to the side of the stall and he had black hoofs instead of human feet. His clothes were split up the sides in a rip-torn manner of being, while one hand found its way to feel the donkey tail which he now seemed to have. "What in the heck happened to me?" He paused. "Oh thank the powers, I still have my voice. Now to figure out how to move around in this body."

Rising up on his hind legs and learning to balance himself on his new donkey hoofs was a challenge. He then stepped out of the stall which had the words Kings Knight on the stall gate and he began to make his way toward what looked like the exit of the stables he had awoken in. As he approached the outer door, he heard voices approaching. Instinctively he almost chose to jump into a random stall, but at the last minute, he struck a guard pose just inside the doors and off to one side. Two donkey boys dressed in Pawn gear entered the stables and headed down the corridor without even looking at the newcomer.

Basil then made his way outside of the stable building where he saw several armored donkey boys getting the once over by a donkey boy commander in royal armored garb. When the leader saw Basil emerge from the stables, he made a comment toward the former human turned donkey. "King's Knight! Where is your armor?"

"Pardon your respect, your majesty... but I am not a donkey boy. I was once a human called Basil Knight. I stepped on a giant chessboard on QC Planet within the Magicwood and I got zapped into this body and I awoke in the stable building just behind me. The motto of my family is: We're Knights, its what we do. I am telling the truth, I don't know where the King's Knight's armor is. I woke up in this body and if he knew where his armor was, then I have no knowledge of that information, your grace."

The Battle King of Donkeys approached him and circled him a few times before grabbing him and placing him into the line up with the others. "A fanciful story, King's Knight. You have invented such stories before to get out of your duties."

Basil then said, "Don't make me call Lord Albert Atticus! I am not your King's Knight! My name is Basil! I was being polite before, but if I have to go the other route, then you are about to find out how I treat uncouth wannabe royal rogues in fake costumes!"

The Battle King of Donkeys turned fast and started to punch Basil as hard as his armored fist would permit. But Basil caught his fist and arm and using the donkey lord's momentum, he flipped the armored donkey through the air and slammed him on his back on the dusty ground! The dust flew when the lord hit the ground. Basil then said, "Since you are not going to help me to get home, I will just have to find my own way back!" And he broke ranks and walked away from the other donkey soldiers.

The Battle King of Donkeys growled as he said, "Full furlough for the soldier whom brings that upstart back here!"

One hour later, there were donkey boy soldiers laying all over the military camp on their backs. Basil didn't even look winded as he continued to walk out of the military camp.

The Battle King of Donkeys got to his hoofs and looked at the sorry excuse for donkey soldiers that had been defeated by an unarmored donkey boy knight. "This is a disgrace. He wasn't even armored and he took out the entire contingent of our soldiers by himself. Perhaps his story isn't just a story after all. But how to find him before he walks into the enemy?"

Out near the borders of the donkey boy army territory, Basil had encountered his next bit of opposition when a bunch of armored rabbits and a lone leather bound Tokagi Lizard man tried to take Basil prisoner. And as the donkey soldiers before had learned, armor was no defense against Basil's resolve to not put up with bullshit anymore. The rabbits got taken out rather easily until only Basil and the Tokagi Lizard remained standing. "I've never known a donkey boy to fight as well as you are doing, King's Knight. How are you doing this?"

"Because I am not a donkey boy; I am a human boy whom got transformed into this body and now everyone thinks that I am the other guy whose body I now have. I am called Basil Knight. Knight being my surname. You're no rabbit. Why were you with them?"

"I am a Tokagi Mercenary. When the rabbits could not gain ground against the donkeys, they hired me to perform some stealth maneuvers to weaken the donkeys and then we met you nearly naked. Hold still for a moment." And he lifted a hand and chanted a word that sounded like Reveal Truth only as one word. There was a flash of smoke and the Tokagi was then seen putting his weapons away. "You really are a human boy. My name is Tokuryu Agiro. If I am to help you, then we should be on an equal named basis. You revealed your name and now I reveal mine. There is a magic user nearby whom might be able to resolve your transformation and to help you find your way home at the same time. A shame you seek to leave. You fight well."

End of Chapter Four.

Comment

Working...
        X