Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS: SS-01 The Magic Ring

DS: SS-01 The Magic Ring

Despite the Dinosaucers living at Lava Dome in Northern California and the Secret Scouts helping to cover up their exploits and even going so far as to debunk the existence of the Tyrannos, life in a nearby small town is about to get completely out of claw as the Reptilon saying goes. A young man finds a magic ring and decides to wear it completely unaware that the ring is a Reptilon artifact (created by the Dinosorcerer) that the Tyrannos had stolen and lost en route to using it in a plot against the Dinosaucers.

When the magic ring is activated, it enables Jerry Lakes to transform into various members of the Dinosaucers team but always male. He can use their abilities while transformed and his voice is similar as well completely disguising him from others who might discover who he is. But when the artifact breaks while in use, Jerry absorbs the ring's powers and gains the ability permanently. Wearing a non-powered replica of the Magic Ring and a simple eye mask, Jerry calls himself Secret Scout. Later when he befriends Dimetro, the science minded member of the Dinosaucers attempts to find out why Jerry absorbed the powers of the ring when it broke.

a Dinosaucers universe fan fiction
    The Dinosaucers, The Secret Scouts, the Tyrannos, the Dinosorcerer and the Dinosorceress, and all other canon characters of the genre are owned by DIC Entertainment. They are used here as guest stars only. I am not challenging the copyrights of stated characters in any way, shape nor form. All rights are reserved.

Secret Scout

[Dinosaucers] The Jerry Lakes story
    DS: SS-01: The Magic Ring
    By Darrel Vanwinkle (Lord Pouchlaw)
    March 25th, 2018

Starring:
    Jerry Lakes, Secret Scout (14)

Allies:
    Edward Lakes, father (34) Small Town Mayor
    Samantha Danvers-Lakes, mother (29) Fabric Factory Worker

Guest Starring:
    Allo
    Dimetro
    Bronto Thunder
    Stego
    Tricero
    Bonehead
    Ichy
    Teryx
    Dinosorcerer
    Dinosorceress
    Ryan Spencer
    Sara Spencer
    Paul Yearwood
    David Toth

Guest Villains:
    Genghis Rex
    Princess Dei
    Ankylo
    Quackpot
    Brachio
    Styraco
    Plesio
    Terrible Dactyl

Chapter One

Jerry Lakes was an average sized male teenager with light brown hair and hazel eyes. His skin was as fair as Ryan Spencer's skin the blond haired boy from down the street. Jerry was enjoying a hot dog on a bun in his back yard when he happened to see what looked like a comet like light shoot across the sky and hit the hills just past Pine Ridge. "Wow! Its too late to go out tonight to check that out due to my curfew with mom and dad. So I'll go check that out in the morning. I know there won't be anything to see by morning. There never is. I miss all the fun things." He finished his hot dog and he headed back inside. "Dad? Mom? I'm heading to bed now, I have a bike trip planned in the morning. I am going to ride up to Pine Ridge along the bike trail and I will be back before sundown tomorrow night." Informing his parents was a smart thing to do since his father was the mayor of this small town in Northern California. Within his bedroom, Jerry sent a text message to Ryan Spencer which read: bright light landed just beyond Pine Ridge; will ride my bike up there in the morning to look at the strike zone. I would love to see a meteorite someday. Jerry. Jerry then undressed and got into bed to get some sleep completely unaware of what tomorrow would bring. The start of an adventure he would never forget.

"We used to be four ordinary teenagers! Until one day we met some new friends; from out of town! They were called the Dinosaucers! My friends and I became the Secret Scouts as we teamed up with these Dinosaucers from outer space! And we joined them in their battles against Genghis Rex and the evil Tyrannos!

/The Dinosaucers are leaving, Bossasaur!/ /Well! Follow them!/

Dinosaucers!
    Dinosaucers!
    RAWR!"

The next morning, Jerry was up early and he waved to his parents as they left the house to go to work. And then after putting on his bicycle safety gear and helmet, he began pedaling out of town up the trails toward Pine Ridge. He almost expected to run into Ryan, Sara, Paul or David. They always seemed to show up near a place they for some reason didn't want people to go to. But since Jerry had told Ryan where he was going the night before, perhaps he would not encounter anyone on Pine Ridge today and then Jerry could do some exploring.

As he rode over the top of Pine Ridge, he heard what sounded like a fight coming from just ahead. Splintering trees and shattering boulders. "Are two bears fighting it out up here. Well, that would be more than nothing. Lets see if I can catch a glimpse of what is fighting." Jerry parked his bike and he carefully made his way toward 'The Bowl' which was a an almost bowl-shaped indentation in the nearby mountain top just ahead. Strangely it never held water after a rain. Jerry was almost to the safe entrance to the Bowl when a small sparkling item nearly missed him as it flew over his head. He went to pick up the item which seemed to be a strange gold ring which had an earth like gem embedded within top of the ring's surface instead of a normal shiny stone. He tried on the ring to see how it looked and it was a perfect fit. It actually had the appearance of the rings that Ryan, Sara, Paul and David all wore. Like club rings. Then he crept on ahead and peaked through the opening that led into the Bowl where he saw Brachio and Quackpot fighting against Dimetro, Stego, Tricero and Paul. Jerry was amazed. That brainy boy Paul was up here with these dinosaur people.

"We'll be fossilized if Genghis Rex finds out that we lost it!" exclaimed Brachio. "What do you mean by 'we'? You dropped it, lame-brain!" exclaimed Quackpot as he was backing away from the fight scene. "If you had let me carry it, this wouldn't have happened! We'll just have to find it later when the Dinosaucers are not around."

Jerry then wisely moved off to the side and squatted down behind a bush just as Brachio and Quackpot ran out of the 'Bowl' with laser fire shots just missing them. Then he heard the others talking, "What do you think they were here to retrieve, Dimetro?" asked Paul. Dimetro replied, "Whatever it was, We cannot let Rex get his claws on it. You guys go report in and I will look for the item they supposedly lost." Once Paul left with the other two Dinosaucers, Jerry got up and moved around to get a good look at the one called Dimetro. As he stepped into the bowl through the entrance, he slowly stopped when he saw a humanoid aqua green Dimetrodon wearing Brown and Red armor with a blue helm.

"Wow. A real Dimetrodon. That must be where he gets his name."

When Dimetro heard the voice of the human just behind him, he turned around slowly and said, "You must be Jerry. If you had arrived any sooner, you might have gotten hurt from the Tyrannos. I am sorry you saw any of us, Jerry. Please keep our existence a secret. I'll ask Allo to see about getting you a Secret Scout ring of your own."

"I won't tell a soul. I don't think anyone would believe me, anyway." Jerry said, "You sound like the scientist of your group. Maybe you can tell me what this thing is. It flew out of the fight as I was arriving and I picked it up. It is a bit heavy for a ring." And he showed Dimetro the slightly glowing Reptilon ring on his finger.

Dimetro said, "Take it off, Jerry. The ring is glowing."

And that was when Jerry found that the ring would not come off his finger. "Ungh... It went on easy... its stuck. What do I do, Dimetro?"

Dimetro said, "I'll just have to take you back to Lava Dome and get help from Allo and the others."

Jerry said, "I parked my bicycle back on Pine Ridge before I came up here."

Dimetro said, "Then we will pick it up so no one steals it. I am worried that this ring must be the item the Tyrannos were after. We need to let Allo see this."

Dimetro picked up Jerry in his arms and charged out of 'the Bowl' and down the trail to where they found Jerry's bicycle mashed flat. From the looks of it, Brachio was the one who destroyed it. "We will make it up to you, Jerry. As I said, The Tyrannos are just flat evil." And then he went over to where his own personal transport was parked and he got on board, fired it up, lifted up and flew off in the direction of Lava Dome. "I'll contact Ryan and the others and let them know what Brachio did to your nice bicycle. They can help you to replace it. Uh oh..." He then noticed that the closer they got to Lava Dome the more the ring glowed. "That cannot be good, Jerry."

End of Chapter One

Chapter Two

Within Lava Dome, Ryan and Sara along with Allo and the other Dinosaucers awaited Dimetro's arrival in the landing bay. When the hatch opened, Dimetro carried out both Jerry as well as the flattened bicycle. "Brachio flattened Jerry's bicycle. And Jerry has a glowing ring on his finger that won't come off. We are afraid that this ring is what the Tyrannos are after that Brachio lost at 'the Bowl'."

Sara walked over to Jerry and said, "Don't worry, Jerry, Allo and the others will think of a way to get the ring off your finger. Ryan and I will get Tricero to help us to straighten out and repair your bicycle. Come on, Ryan. Remember the time the Tyrannos decimated our bicycles?"

Dimetro said, "Wait a moment, Sara... Allo, I offered Secret Scout membership to Jerry. He gave his word he wouldn't reveal us to the public. However, we have a time limit. We need to get this ring off of his finger and get his bike fixed before sundown when he has to be walking back in the door of his home. His parents have him under an unfair curfew."

Allo walked over and he held Jerry's hand steady as he gently held the ring and tried to remove it from Jerry's finger; this only caused Jerry to cry out as tears ran down his face. "Sorry, We won't try that again, Jerry."

David walked in with Bonehead and said, "Allo, why don't you call Dinosorcerer and ask him if he has seen anything like this thing?"

Allo replied, "That's a good idea, David. Jerry will be joining the Secret Scouts; Dimetro already swore him in."

David approached Jerry and said, "You could have been with us that first night had the dumb curfew not been in effect. You deserve to be in the club. Sorry this ring thing is hurting you, Jerry. I've done some lame brain things since our team up with the Dinosaucers. And if they let me stay a member then your being one just makes sense. Aw man, your bicycle looks like a Tyranno did some break dancing on top of it. But don't worry, we Secret Scouts will repair this for you. Paul and Stego will be up here shortly."

Allo pushed a few buttons on the big monitor and said, "Come in Dinosorcerer on Reptilon. We have an odd dilemma that your wisdom might be able to assist us with. Are you missing any jewelry, like a ring?"

Dinosorcerer's image appeared on the screen. "Yes, the Camouflage Ring is missing, we found a Tyranno Scale inside the broken window so we knew they had stolen the artifact. I assume you people found it?"

Allo then said, "Out of curiosity, sir, what would happen if a human put on this ring and never activated it, then later could not remove the ring?"

Dinosorcerer said, "It has never happened before, but if a human is wearing this ring, then you will have to destroy the ring to get it off of his finger."

Jerry then held up his hand toward the monitor. "Is this it? And what exactly is this ring supposed to do?"

Dinosorcerer replied, "Every time a good hearted member of Reptilon touches it, the ring makes a perfect copy of them within the its storage cell. Then when the ring is activated, you would say, Dinovolve Name, replacing Name with the name of the Reptilon citizen you are transforming into. While transformed, you will look, smell, and sound just like the original. You will even know how good their heart is while transformed. You will be able to use all of their abilities but you will not know their secrets. Private memories do not get recorded. To return to normal, You would say Devolve Jerry, meaning your own name."

Jerry then asked, "How would I find out who all has been stored in the ring's memory cell?"

Dinosorcerer stated, "Hold out your ring and say, Dinovolve List. This will show all of the profiles of those people in your ring's memory. A word of warning. I myself have a profile in the ring's memory. My powers can be very dangerous so use them sparingly. As in... when all else fails."

Jerry then held out his hand and said, "Dinovolve List!" And hovering in a line-up over the ring were profile pictures of those in memory along with a list of their abilities and powers. Those in the list were Dinosorcerer, Dimetro and Allo. No one else was shown. However, Jerry had a profile display at the end explaining who he was and what abilities he had in his human life. "Can this list be downloaded into the Dinosaucer mainframe for safe keeping, say, just in case of emergencies?"

Dinosorcerer said, "Touch the ring to the Mainframe scanner and say, Dinovolve Transfer." After that, Allo and Dimetro should work on breaking the ring so it comes off of your finger. NO ONE ELSE TOUCH IT! Dinosorcerer out!" And his image was gone.

Jerry touched the ring to the mainframe scanner and said, "Dinovolve Transfer." Instantly, the profiles were on the mainframe screen for the Dinosaucers to study whenever they liked.

Allo said, "Now to free you of this ring, Jerry. Teryx hand me a fine laser for cutting Reptilon metal."

Teryx handed over the laser and said, "Steady hand, Allo. One slip and you might cut Jerry's finger off."

Jerry then said, "I am sorry you have to destroy Dinosorcerer's artifact ring to get it off of me. He sounded like a nice guy. Kind of Fatherly."

Allo said, "We think of him like that as well. Now hold still, this should only take a minute; close your eyes and think about the nicest thing that has ever happened to you." And as Jerry did as asked, Allo completed the cut in the band and then he applied a vice grip to the sides of the ring which caused it to explode into a flash of light which merged into Jerry.

End of Chapter Two

Comment

Chapter Three

Jerry had walked into the workshop to see how the Secret Scouts were doing in regards to his totaled bicycle. "Hey guys, Allo got the ring off my finger. How is my bike doing?" And he came to a halt when he saw that it had been disassembled all the way down into its component parts. Most of which were beyond repair. "What have you done? We have a time limit, guys!"

Sara said, "We're sorry, Jerry. Dinosorcerer could use his magic to restore this in a flash if he were here."

Jerry asked, "How would he do it?"

Sara said, "He would point his claw finger at the collection of parts of say the word restore while picturing the restored bike in his mind. The other Secret Scouts went to see if they could locate a bike that looked identical to your original bike. I offered to stay here and brace you for the inevitable. We blew it for you, Jerry." She then leaned in and she gave the young man a kiss on his cheek. "We haven't given up and neither should you."

Jerry said, "I am going to try something but please do not tell the other Secret Scouts you saw me do this. If it works, then I should inform Allo of my success so he can make plans on how to use it later. When they got the ring off of my finger, the power of the ring flare up before entering my chest. I don't think Allo saw where it went. If this works, then my bike will be repaired. I will need a Secret Scout ring so I can keep in touch with you guys and the team jacket. I noticed that the rest of you all had similar jackets."

Sara said, "Okay Jerry, I will help you with this project. Do you still have that lone ranger mask at home? You dressed up as the Lone ranger on one Halloween and you won a prize for being so believable while wearing it."

Jerry smiled. "Dad keeps the trophy in his office to remind him that I am not a loser. If my son can succeed then so can I. What of it?"

Sara said, "If your new power works like a superhero power, then in your human form, you should wear the mask so when you power down, normal people don't see that the former Dinosaucer was actually Jerry Lakes."

Jerry smiled and hugged Sara in return. "That is a genius idea, Sara! Thank you! Well, here goes... You told me how Dinosorcerer would do this, so lets see if I can do it myself." He struck his pose and he said, "Dinovolve Dinosorcerer!" The flash of light returned and Jerry was transformed into a humanoid Megalosaurus who was identical to Dinosorcerer. He then pointed his claw finger at the wreck of a bike and he pictured the restored like-new bike in his mind from the catalog that he had kept and he said, "Restore!"

The bike was instantly back in its original condition pre-destruction condition.

Jerry-Dinosorcerer then trembled as he said, "Devolve Jerry!" And the flash of light returned as he changed back into his human self. Jerry said, "Good thing I powered down, Sara. It felt like Dinosorcerer was on the verge of taking over my body. Now I understand why he said I should use his powers as a last resort. I could get stuck as him. I need to go tell Allo about this power."

Sara said, "I'll come with you for support. And I will bring the bicycle."

The two wheeled the bike into the command center where Jerry struck his pose and he said, "Dinovolve Allo!" The flash of light returned and Jerry was transformed into a humanoid Allosaurus who was identical to Allo. "Hey Allo! The ring's power went into my body! I can use the ring's Camouflage ability to change into you and Dimetro! I wanted you to know for those just in case moments."

Allo walked over and examined Jerry-Allo all over before he gave him a huge hug. "I've always wanted a brother! We will find a good use for your power, Jerry. And I see you guys got the bike repaired as well. What is left to do?"

Jerry smiled. "I will need a Secret Scout ring which Sara tells me that you are the only one who has them. Sara and Ryan can help me to get the team jacket." He irked when he realized that Allo had not let go as yet. "Allo! You can let go now! I am still Jerry under the transformation!"

Allo blushed as he released Jerry. "I'm sorry, its just that it is so good to see another one of my species. Here, let me get you a Secret Scout ring. Where are the other Secret Scouts?" And he went over to where he kept the spare Secret Scout rings and he unlocked it with his password before reaching in and retrieving a new Secret Scout ring. "Sara will teach you how to use the communicator part of the ring. Later, we will make sure you get access to some cool Dinosaucer gear. You are an ally now."

Jerry-Allo struck his pose and said, "Devolve Jerry!" And the flash of light returned as he changed back into his human self. Jerry said, "When I have time, I will see to it that you get to spend time with my Jerry-Allo form. Like you, I have no brothers either." He took the Secret Scout ring and he slid it on his middle finger.

Sara said, "Welcome to the Secret Scouts, Jerry. And I have another idea; when you are wearing the mask, you can call yourself Secret Scout whose secret identity is Jerry Lakes."

Jerry smiled. "You are full of good ideas, Sara. Thank you. So when will I get my team jacket?"

Sara said, "Ryan should be on his way back now. I think he will be surprised when he sees the restored bicycle."

Ryan, David and Paul then came in and saw the restored bike with Jerry wearing the new Secret Scout ring. "Wow! How did you get your bike fixed, Jerry? We sadly made a mess of it when we tried to fix it."

End of Chapter Three

Comment

Chapter Four

Jerry smiled. "Sara helped me; but Ryan, I will need the official team jacket for the Secret Scouts. The story will be that you bought it for me for my birthday a few months ago and the delivery guy only delivered it recently. Do you think this story will work if my dad asks about the jacket."

Ryan shook Jerry's hand. "It sure will. Having our stories straight will really be helpful."

Jerry struck his pose and said, "Exit Jerry Lakes and enter Secret Scout, Dinosaucer Ally for hire!" He then said, "Dinovolve Dimetro!" The flash of light returned and Jerry was transformed into a humanoid Dimetrodon who was identical to Dimetro along with his voice. "What do you say, Paul? Think we can get some science projects done?"

Paul was blown away since Jerry-Dimetro was spot on. "Oh wow! Its like having Dimetro available whenever we need him and if he is busy elsewhere, we could have you. What forms do you have, Jerry?"

Jerry-Dimetro said, "I can become Allo, Dimetro and Dinosorcerer which is dangerous because when I am in his body, it feels like it tries to take over. I do not want to get stuck as Dinosorcerer by accident. I don't seem to have any other forms." Jerry-Dimetro struck his pose and said, "Devolve Jerry!" And the flash of light returned as he changed back into his human self. He then said, "I still need the team Jacket."

Ryan hugged Jerry. "That is an amazing power. I know you will be useful to the Dinosaucers."

Paul said, "Since you absorbed the Camouflage Ring's power, it is possible for you to learn other forms simply by touching other Dinosaucers while in your human form. But we shouldn't overload your ability just in case it has a limit of so many forms per day. As you said, you don't want to get stuck."

Jerry said, "I recall now that Dinosorcerer told the Dinosaucers not to touch the ring while I was wearing it. Therefore, there is likely a limit to the forms I can learn per day."

Paul said, "I think you should learn Tricero's form and Ichy's form since that should be plenty for a useful package. Tricero comes from law enforcers and Ichy can swim."

David asked, "Do you want to try it, Jerry?"

Jerry replied, "I don't want to get too many Dinosaucers in trouble. They seem like a fun group of evolved Dinosaurs."

Suddenly and without warning, Dinosorcerer was standing within the Command Center. "Jerry, it dawned on me that with the destruction of the ring, you might gain the powers of the ring so I brought you a sample of an extinct Reptilon citizen. I want you to touch this fur sample and learn his form. His nickname would have been Smiley for social interaction. He used to be an evolved Smilodon, saber-toothed tiger of our people. I think this would be a good way to honor him by your being able to use his form in Allo's team. The original was killed in action doing his job. He was a Special Systems Operative who used the ancient Martial Arts of our ancestors on Reptilon. You Earth people might have called his occupation a Secret Agent or a Ninja. Please honor his passing."

Jerry then asked, "Did he have an original uniform for his job. I do not want to change into a naked version of his form."

Dinosorcerer said, "Yes, I brought along his working uniform and options tools."

Jerry reached into the bag containing the fur sample and smiled when he felt how soft it was. "This is amazing. I am surprised the Reptilonian people had beings like this." He then closed his eyes and he saw the new profile appear in his mind. "Okay," he opened his eyes. "I got his profile. Hand me his uniform and tools and I will get him dressed in the next room. Sorry, Sara... modesty and all."

Sara said, "No, its okay. I would probably feel the same way. I cannot wait to see that fur. You know how we girls are with fur coats."

Jerry, Dinosorcerer, Allo, and the male Secret Scouts all entered the next room where the ladies could not see the experiment. Tricero and Ichy had arrived upon Paul's request since that was the original idea. Jerry said, "Dinosorcerer is having me revive a replica of an extinct Reptilon citizen which I will be able to use here on Earth for Allo's team. Just remember, Tricero, I will not be him reborn; I will still be Jerry Lakes."

Tricero nodded his head. "Thank you for that information, Jerry. Paul told Ichy and I that you wanted to learn our forms so you had a well rounded out package." He glanced aside at Dinosorcerer. "This is okay, isn't it?"

Dinosorcerer said, "The ring could originally only hold six forms. He has Allo, myself and Dimetro. With the addition of Smiley, yourself and Ichy, that would make six."

Ichy said, "A one-man Dinosaucer. I like that idea."

Tricero then exclaimed, "Smiley! He was working undercover for my brothers back home before he was killed! Whatever information he had discovered, died with him."

Jerry walked out to center stage, "Now remember, when I make the change for Smiley, he will initially be naked until I put on his gear. I hope you can help me with this." He then struck his pose and said, "Dinovolve Smiley!" And the flash of light returned and Jerry was transformed into a humanoid Smilodon who was identical to Smiley, albeit in the nude. "The uniform and gear, if you please. I feel a draft like this." He then noticed that Ryan, Paul and David had a shocked appearance on their faces. "Guys... What's wrong?"

End of Chapter Four

Comment

Chapter Five

At that point Jerry-Smiley looked down at his body and saw that he had well defined abs with a rather large sheath and sac package that would make anyone jealous. "Tricero... a little help please."

Tricero came over and helped Jerry put on the Special Sys-Ops uniform and gear within their appropriate belt holding locations. "That should do it, Jerry. And since the clothes makes the change with the form, you shouldn't have to get dressed next time. But take a moment, Jerry... see if there is some information about anything Smiley was working on within your residual memory."

Jerry-Smiley closed his eyes and focused. Soon he said, "Record this, Tricero. This is what is in Smiley's mind." And he began reciting off a complicated array of data that caused Dinosorcerer to gasp as he recognized what someone had been attempting to do.

Dinosorcerer said, "The enemy was attempting to create their own version of my wife and I with magical powers they would be able to use for their side. And if Smiley learned how to use these powers, it was no wonder the enemy thought they had to silence him. Do you sense any magical powers within Smiley, Jerry?"

Jerry-Smiley replied, "Yes, but they are minor at the basic level at best. He learned how to make use of the powers except it would not recreate you and your wife perfectly. At best, it gave Reptilons the ability to learn magic. Not to instantly have everything you know at their disposal for them to use."

Dinosorcerer remarked, "Then Smiley's sacrifice was pointless since starting at the basic level of magic would not be enough to merit their killing him."

Jerry-Smiley stated, "There is more... Smiley saw the face of their backer. Genghis Rex was funding these schmucks to duplicate your powers. Smiley was killed because Rex was identified and he couldn't afford to be associated with this group. They only meant to Fossilize him. But since he wasn't scaly like you guys, the Fossilizer killed him."

Allo said, "That would explain why Rex is all the time trying to steal your artifacts since they could not figure out how to duplicate your powers, Uncle."

Tricero frowned. "A Shame he was killed in that manner. He didn't deserve to be treated that way. The new Fossilizer ray guns are more careful about preserving frozen Reptilons."

Jerry-Smiley struck his pose and said, "Devolve Jerry!" And the flash of light returned as he changed back into his human self. He then said, "Smiley is awesome but I shouldn't stay in people's bodies for too long. Okay, Tricero; you are up first. Simply hold my human hand until I see your profile in my mind." Jerry closed his eyes as Tricero held Jerry's hand. It took a few more minutes longer than normal as the detailed profile appeared in Jerry's mind. "Man... you have a lot of skills, Tricero. Okay, you're up next, Ichy. Same process." It didn't take as long for Jerry to receive Ichy's profile although he was reading how cool Ichy really was. "You have some tubular skills, Ichy. All done."

Jerry then tried out the new forms just so everyone could see him change into the forms. And finally, Jerry told Dinosorcerer, "When I am wearing your form, it feels like you are trying to take over and lock me in the form. That scares me so I change back to normal after only using one power."

Dinosorcerer said, "As long as you are careful, you should not have any problems with this power. However, I have been keeping track of the time, I think you Secret Scouts need to escort Jerry home so he doesn't get in trouble with his parents. Swing by Ryan and Sara's house so Jerry can pick up his new jacket."

Some time later, Jerry was receiving the team jacket in his size as he waved goodbye to the Secret Scouts and he rode his bicycle down to the street toward his home.

That night after dinner, Jerry asked his father to accompany him out to the garage behind the house for an important talk. Once they were inside, Jerry closed the door and locked it before turning to face his father. "Dad... I acquired superhero powers today... wait!" His father almost left the garage at that point thinking this was just a trick to get him out of the house. "I can prove it, dad. I have a mentor and everything. This could be useful in protecting the town from some of those crazy things that happen just outside of the township borders. Wait! Will you let me show you before you leave? Or do I have to confide in mom?"

The mayor turned and looked at Jerry. "Make it good, Jerry. Comic book fantasies are a waste of my time. I have important city business to think about."

Jerry struck his pose and said, "Dinovolve Allo!" The flash of light returned and Jerry was transformed into a humanoid Allosaurus who was identical to Allo. "Dad, this is what my mentor, Allo, looks like! Now think this over in a mature manner... surely you can think of some ideas where this would be useful in your job. I am showing you this power so we can lift my curfew so I can do things for the town after hours. And this isn't the only form I have access to, Dad. I have a few of these that are equally useful."

The mayor said, "Show me the other forms, son."

Allo to Dimetro to Tricero to Ichy to Smiley to DinoSorcerer and finally back to Jerry. "Ryan and Sara Spencer also know that I can do this. They let me join their neighborhood watch group, Dad. That is where I got this jacket from. They had it on order for me for my birthday and it just arrived yesterday so it was a late gift. So... can I get the curfew lifted?"

The mayor said with a smile. "Don't let your mom see that fur coat of Smiley's or we will never hear the end of it. I actually like how Smiley looks. I was a cat loving person when I was younger. I will talk to your mom about lifting the curfew. I think she will go for it since you will be with Ryan and Sara. They are very trustworthy local youngsters, like you."

Jerry hugged his father. "Thanks dad. I promise to be careful. And remember... secret identity... Tell no one. When I am out doing things, I will send you texts about events."

The mayor said, "And when I learn of things that you would handy for, I can send you a mission over your cellphone. Just remember to set it to vibrate."

End of Chapter Five

Comment

Working...
          X