• Show
Clear All

• APAW-DT-01 Druidic Majesty

Montrocol - Anime World

APAW-DT-01 Druidic Majesty
    By Darrel Vanwinkle (Lord Pouchlaw)
    September 26th, 2015

Chapter One

Wheatland, Iowa... 23 December... early evening hours...

The devil mouse with the miniature satyr like horns on his dark red furred head was wearing a green Christmas scarf around his neck and a brown leather strapped sling over a black thermal tunic which connected to his belt with pouches on both sides. But aside from that, he wore nothing at all. At least nothing that could be immediately seen. He was floating in mid air near a tree branch where upon he had just completed a Christmas gift giving spree to several lucky teen aged humans all over the Heartland. As he sat there drinking a cup of hot coffee, he saw a car break down along the roadway and a handsome looking teenage male get out and go to the front of his car and open the hood. "Aw man... We were almost home. Why did you have to die now? Karen needs this medicine." The devil mouse was feeling good after giving away so many surprise presents and he could help out one more person. Besides, he liked how this young man looked. Slowly floating through the air just behind the young man, he said, "Car troubles, huh? I can give you a jump start. It is Christmas after all."

The young man turned his head around at the devil mouse. "Thanks ever so much Mister..." then he stopped and said, "Hey! Aren't you Zecma the game creation master from Anime World?" Zecma smiled as he replied, "You know me?" and then he focused on the car's engine. The young man bent over to look at the engine once again. "I saw your picture and interview on the cover and within Gaming Trends Monthly magazine. Its the only gaming magazine we can get out here in Iowa. When they announced they were going to discontinue the magazine in the next issue, I rallied the gamers here in Clinton county to write letters to the editors to keep the magazine coming. I never expected to get to meet you, Zecma."

"You must be Dennis Thane whom the other gamers I have met locally were mentioning when I gave out surprise presents earlier," the devil mouse said with a smile as he lightly recharged the battery with an electrical jolt from his fingertips. "Odd that no letter from you arrived at the editor's office. Why is that?" Dennis smiled as he replied, "I couldn't afford the stamp since I am saving my money for college. But if you would like to read the letter for yourself I have it back at home in my desk. But at the rate I am going with part time jobs, it might not be for another eight years before I can attend college. Farm work has been rather poor for dad and Paladin lately too, and with Karen sick, every little bit helps."

"Let's get this medicine back to your sister so she can live to see another Christmas. I would also like to read that letter, too. I might be able to help your entire family, Dennis," suggested the devil mouse with a smile. Dennis placed Zecma on the shoulder of his winter coat. "Let's see if the engine will turn over." And he closed he hood and went around and got behind the steering wheel and started the car. "Thanks so much, Zecma. When we get home, I'll see to it you get some of mom's fruit cookies. She is a good cook." and with that, he put the car in gear and pulled back out on to the street and drove on out toward the run-down farm which the Thane family barely owned.

The devil mouse folded his arms over his chest as he saw how bad the farm looked. "You and your family live here? This is bad." Dennis pulled the car up into the driveway and put the car into Park. then he reached back into the back seat and grabbed the medicine he had gotten for his older sister. "Time to head inside and meet the family. The farm used to be top-notch, but a few storms and droughts about put dad under. Then Karen got sick and now we're barely getting by. But we're still together." Zecma stayed on the young man's shoulder saying, "Let me look over the farm in the morning and I will see how I can help you and your family. I live on an estate just outside of Montrocol in the Montropolis region. I can even hire you part time and even sponsor you at the local college. You and your family can repay me over time at a low rate. As you might guess, I am not a greedy devil mouse. But it is nice to have a handsome guy like you around." Dennis turned to eye the devil mouse before opening the door to the farmhouse. "Are you always this forward?" Zecma giggled. "When my new friends have looks like yours I am. Let's get inside the house. It is cold out here."

After handing off the medicine to his mother, Jennifer Von Hammer Thane, Dennis took Zecma back to his own bedroom where he dug out the letter he had written and handed it off to the devil mouse as he sat down at his desk and pulled over a sketch pad, grabbed some charcoals, and began sketching his guest's profile. As Zecma sat on the young man's shoulder reading the letter. Dennis seemed to be a great artist. But the room didn't even have a computer system but stacked up on an end table was a collection of the Gaming Trends Monthly magazine from the last 2 years. Apparently Dennis had a subscription to the magazine.

Zecma read the letter slowly and saw how detailed Dennis' words were in explaining why the magazine should exist. "You know, Dennis... I was handing out Christmas presents earlier to the other area gamers..." He then started digging in his pouches to see if he had anything left over he could give this nice young man. That was when he felt something in his right hand within the belt pouch. I thought I didn't have any of these left. He pulled his hand out to reveal a VIP Platinum Partner card for the new DigiChampion card game which was one of the many games that was popular around Montrocol currently. "Here, Dennis... your very own DigiChampion Partner card. His name is Blackjack Jerbodra. But before you can use the card, you will have to officially activate it. Normally this can be done with an Internet connection, but since you don't have a computer, we can wait until I get your family set up back in Montrocol. But if I hand this over, you have to promise not to sell it. This is going to be your partner card for playing the DigiChampion games after you guys get moved. So hang on to this, okay?" Dennis smiled. "Okay, Zecma. I promise not to sell it. Want to sleep in my bed tonight?" The devil mouse leaned over close and puckered up his mousy lips gave Dennis a kiss on the side of his face. "I am glad I got to meet a nice boy like you, Dennis. In the morning, I will briefly meet your family, then you can give me a tour of the farm and after that, I make the Christmas arrangements with a new house. Don't you worry about Karen; I have friends who can give her good treatment." And the devil mouse magically changed his clothes into pajamas.

Dennis smiled. "I won't let the cat get you. You might like the parrot though."

Thane Household... 24 December... the next morning...

After getting up the next morning and showering, Dennis got dressed putting on his warmest clothes and work boots, he reported to the kitchen where he knew his parents would be that morning. As he prepared a bowl of his favorite cereal, Kahidomon Bites with Strawberries, his father was now fully focused on the devil mouse game maker on his son's shoulder.

"What is this, Dennis?" asked Antonio Thane as he sat at the breakfast table eating his own fried eggs and sausage. Dennis was lightly adding a little sugar to his cereal as he replied, "This is game master Zecma who is also the publisher of Gaming Trends Monthly, the magazine I have a five-year subscription to. He is a good devil mouse who has Anime World connections and he says that he wants to sponsor me for college in Montrocol as well as give you and mom a new farm. He just needs to look over the property first. He also said he had access to professional doctors who can help Karen." Antonio focused on Zecma himself at that moment. "Seeing is believing, Zecma. We have had people make empty promises to us before." Zecma ate one of his fat-free wafers before replying, "I swear on the arcane codex that I am being sincere, Mr. Thane. I want to help. I have all manner of resources that aren't doing anything at the moment and I have spare land you kind people can use."

End of Chapter One

Chapter Two

"I thought only toons and anime were allowed to attend college at Montrocol," remarked his mother, Jennifer Von Hammer Thane; Von Hammer had been her maiden name which was also conveniently the same European Mage and wizard family of the same name. "You say you can pull the strings to get our entire family moved into a new farm on one of Albert Atticus' regional zones? Because if you can do that, Zecma, I sure hope you can arrange a farm much like this one. I grew up on a farm in Europe and my mother did most of the cooking. She taught me the craft and with the ruined land here, I miss growing our own vegetables and having fruit trees across the field to make pies and fresh cookies from." Zecma who had been sipping on a cup of hot cocoa turned to look at Jennifer. "I also come from Information Devil Mouse stock and our job has always been to assist mages and wizards when called upon. Besides, I like your son Dennis and I want to help him realize his dream."

His older brother then sat down at the table with his pancakes as he reached over and grabbed the maple syrup. "So you are going to be the one who helps our family rise back up from our fall? I am Dennis' brother Paladin. As long as you are here to help us, you are okay with me." Dennis grinned at his brother whom disliked being called 'pal'. "Zecma is a nice devil mouse, unlike Minister Fitzroy." Jennifer smirked, "He is a truly prudish witch hunter." And then his older sister, Karen, and the German Shepherd arrived to get their breakfast. She quietly sat down and before grabbing any food at all, she bowed her head and quietly gave a prayer for the morning meal. Only then did she proceed toward filling her plate. The German Shepherd simply ate from his doggy bowl while keeping the young ill lady in sight. Karen and Badge obviously.

"If we hadn't had the droughts, we wouldn't be in this desperate situation now," Antonio commented as he read over the help wanted section of the newspaper; although doing so was pointless because there were no jobs available around Christmas time. "I really hope Zecma can pull off his promise, Dennis, because we're hurting here. Even if he is Montropolis' most successful game creation maestro, I can understand your wishing for a miracle around this time of the year. But if he does come through tonight..." he now glanced directly at the devil mouse. "tonight is the holiest night of the year. I feel sorry for you having to be out and about on a night like tonight."

Jennifer couldn't help but to grin at the thought. "I am sure Zecma will simply do his best or else familiar will be something in his future. Anyway, let's make the best of our Christmas since after tomorrow, Mr. Kalleck will be coming around to inquire about the mortgage payment. A shame that... but I really liked living out here on this farm."

"He will succeed," Dennis adamantly stated, a bit louder than he meant to, which earned him a warning glance. Zecma then said, "Threats won't be necessary, Mrs. Thane. Come on, Dennis, time to give me a tour of the farm so I can look at the place for my terraforming idea."

Thane Household... 24 December... that evening...

"Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house," recited Antonio as he looked around the quiet living room which didn't even have a Christmas tree. "Some Christmas this is. I failed my family; we couldn't even get presents for our children; we will lose the farm if I cannot make payment the day after tomorrow." Jennifer hugged her husband. "We still have each other and we haven't heard from Zecma as yet." To which he replied, "What if he got too busy to mess with us?" She smiled. "Then I will summon him."

Then there came the knock at their door.

"Now who could that be?" Mr. Thane said as he slowly stood up. "If it is a bunch of carolers, I will bah humbug them into an early grave." And he walked over to the front door and opened it where he saw... Lord Albert along with Zecma who was sitting on the shoulder of one those Yuskay Lawyers and just behind them was a six foot tall Tigromon and a real world human doctor whom Albert trusted, Dr. Tennyson, along with his trusted aid whom was another real world human albeit female, Dr. Joanie Zamak. "See? This is the place, Lord Albert. The Thane family where I met Dennis Thane and learned about their unfortunate situation. I promised the young man that I would help his family and see about getting him into Montrocol and I need your help to do it." Antonio was in shock because Dennis's little friend turned out to come through on his word.

After allowing Lord Albert and the others to come into the house, the entire family was soon meeting with the founder as well as the muscled tiger digimon dean of Montrocol, Tigromon. Floating in mid air next to them was Zecma naturally. Dennis was overjoyed when he saw the devil mouse once again. "I told you he would come through for us. I knew you wouldn't forget, Zecma. Thank you so much."

"Hey, I gave my word, Dennis," replied the devil mouse with a smile. "Besides, I followed up with the college stuff you were saving money for. And so, under a joint scholarship from both Lord Albert and myself, you and your older siblings can attend Montrocol. As for your new farmhouse, crop land and orchards, Lord Albert will discuss this with your parents."

Of course the founder was having his own conversation with Antonio and Jennifer to the side, and the topic was the location of the terraformed land that Zecma had donated for their new home. From what Dennis could overhear, the farmhouse was equally distant between Montropolis, Mystic Glen and Heroes Reach within a rural setting labeled on the map as Farms. There was a farmers market nearby where all of the produce and fruits grown could be traded openly without taxes between other farmers (for those who don't know, Mystic Glen is the city owned by Lord David Arden, CEO of the Arden's Pizza franchise.) Their new farm was being arranged under the 'Sponsor a Prince' protocol introduced by none other than Captain Rabbit, the hero who ran the Justice Fury team down in the Heroes Reach region. Since their family fell under the 'Rescued Sponsor Family' agreement introduced by Cheer Bear in the Cloud Kingdoms where Care-a-lot was located, they were being given the new property free of charge since a citizen of QC Planet was speaking up for them. Namely Zecma who was not only a local recreation production manager of a games factory but he also doubled as the liaison between Lord Albert and the Underworld Council.

While Lord Albert discussed the upcoming move with the parents, Zecma and Tigromon helped the boys pack up what few belongings they owned into their suitcases. This only equaled out to the clothes that they owned along with a few personal items that they owned free and clear.

Moments after Karen had packed her belongings, Dr. Tennyson and Dr. Zamak gave Karen an examination as Joanie read over the young lady's prescription. "Is this accurate? This is only a subscription for an expensive placebo." Dr. Tennyson looked at the bottles then he had Joanie go talk to the mother while he finished up with Karen.

Neither Joanie nor Jennifer looked too happy when Mrs. Thane learned about the placebo.

End of Chapter Two

Comment

Chapter Three

As the doctors did their job, Lord Albert assisted the Thanes in getting their belongings loaded into the moving van that Captain Rabbit was driving along side two of his teammates, Brightburst and Arnie Roo. These days, when a family qualified for the program, Captain Rabbit volunteered to drive the moving van. Lord Albert cast a spell on their old motor home used for park vacations which transformed it back into its like new condition. It once again had the look of the one which used to be seen in the live-action Shazam! Saturday morning children's show of the 1970s. Once they were loaded which included Badge's doggy bed, Often's litter box and the cage containing Honor, everyone got on board although Dennis rode in Tigromon's Montrocol transit bus with Zecma while Karen and Badge rode in Tennyson's ambulance. Behind the ambulance was the motor home being driven by Antonio and behind him was Captain Rabbit's moving van. They proceeded toward the local Iowa transportal to the Heroes Reach region of QC Planet.

As mentioned elsewhere, normally the Toonium City region which included Wonderland and Coolsville was located within the Terryville country and it was located in the equivalent of the QC Georgia and QC Florida zone of QC America. The Meta Star City region which included Meta-Star City (which included Comita-Gotham (aka Jaded Shadow,)) Angel City, Hero Haven, Bunny Town and Japanopolis (near QC Philadelphia) was located within the Meta-Star empowered hero region and it was situated around QC New York City, QC Washington D.C., QC New Haven, and QC Boston. Forest River's region which included Mega Kat City, Forest River, Hartland, and Clementine was located near QC Chicago, QC St. Louis, QC Cape Girardoe, and QC Baton Rouge (aka the QC South.) The Stampede City region included every wild west setting one could imagine which included the C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa, Quick-Draw McGraw (aka El Ka Bong,) and the Lone Ranger and Zorro. In the west was the remaining three regions of QC Planet: Heroes Reach, the Werewolf Filming Mecca and Mythos Bay. Heroes Reach (QC Oakland) contained Arden's Mystic Glen (QC Eureka), Montropolis (QC Portland,) and Mythos Bay (QC Seattle.) The Filming Mecca consisted of QC Planet's version of Hollywood and included Studio City (home of United Beast Studios, near QC Los Angeleos,) Seaspray Hills (home of the music production studios, near QC Malibu,) and Anaheim Beach (the usual home of Disney's Mighty Ducks, which was near QC San Diego.)

Fortunately, Iowa's version of Animation Park just north of Davenport (Quad Cities) saw little activity during the winter and had regional transportals which led to the appropriate region a tourist would normally book reservations prior to visiting. Lord Albert led the convoy through the Heroes Reach transportal and they were soon driving along an anime landscape and highways on the QC West Coast.

Thane Farm... Game Master Lane... 25 December... early morning...

By sunrise on Christmas Day, they were turning unto the Montropolis Valley Bypass Northeast and continued on until they saw Game Master Lane, which was a paved county road. Turning left on that road, they drove on until they saw the donated mailbox with their name on it. At that point, the convoy pulled into the large driveway on the south side of the farm road and that was when the Thanes got their first look at a perfectly duplicated and like new version of their farm back in Iowa; the absolutely beautiful farmhouse, barn, stables, a new tractor, a new lawnmower, crop fields on the side and orchards in the back were as if the drought never happened. The farm which was larger than they expected was surrounded by a wooden white fence and it had a large yard.

Jennifer exclaimed, "Oh my. It is truly amazing what a little magic can do. Thank you so much, Zecma." The devil mouse smiled. "It was the least I could do. My factory and the north side of Montropolis are just south of your orchard, beyond the back fence and through the woods. Easy access to my place whenever you need to talk to me."

Giggling at his mother's observation, Paladin said, "Magic or not, I like it. All we have to do is arrange the furniture." Antonio smiled as he looked toward the side of the property. "I can see me working that field during the week." Karen sat there quietly holding Badge in her arms and he was protecting her as usual. But then she suddenly pointed toward a neighboring fence and said, "What is that?"

The Thanes all looked in the direction their daughter had pointed. What they saw was a brown and white dragon like being who was the size of both Dennis and Paladin. It wasn't looking their way but it seemed to be paying attention to its own corn crop. Dennis said, "I'll go find out what it is; be right back." And he started off as his father warned, "Dennis! Be careful!" To which he grinned at his father and said, "Dad... this is cartoon land. Duh." And Dennis was soon crossing the crop field as he headed toward the fence where the dragon like creature stood. From the convoy, the family watched as their son and the dragon like kid shake hands, then they talked at length about a few things.

Finally, the Thanes saw Dennis returning with a smile. He stood beside the vehicles and said, "You aren't going to believe this! Our neighbors are Digimon! They grow corn in their field and pop the excess amount, coat it in caramel, and sell the result to the farmers market! The adult I spoke to was called Myrdramon! His son just started attending college at Montrocol a couple of months ago. And his dad says he is my age." Jennifer smiled. "Sounds like you will have a friend when you attend Montrocol yourself, Dennis. Okay everyone... lets get unpacked and see about claiming bedrooms."

Dr Tennyson said, "Joanie and I need to take Karen to the Montropolis Clinic to make sure she gets the proper treatment. If you would like to come along, Mrs. Thane, you may. Although we can wait until you are unpacked first."

Lord Albert then warned the family. "Earth animals who move to QC Planet develop the fluent ability to speak English after a year. I am just warning you now so you don't freak out later when Badge and Often start talking out loud."

Once they were unpacked and Badge was stationed in his doggy bed just inside of Karen's assigned bedroom, the family were looking over the rest of the bedroom arrangements. Antonio said, "According to the floor plan of the farm house, this is the master bedroom. And this is Karen's bedroom. And this bedroom is for Paladin and Often. And..." He paused, as he looked over the rest of the floor plan. "Ah, there it is. Dennis' bedroom when he comes home is... there." He paused again. "No, that can't be right. The last bedroom isn't even on the ground level." Dennis looked over the blueprint of the house. "So where is my bedroom located, dad?"

Antonio said, "Believe it or not, Dennis, you have a private bedroom with a deck which has two entry points. One is the stairs on the other side of the kitchen, and the other is outside on our deck that goes up to your own mini-deck where beyond is your own private bedroom, bathroom, and college desk. Most of your bedroom is on the second floor of the stables which is on the opposite side of the house from the crop field. Your windows have a great view of the rear orchards and the property west of ours." Jennifer arched an eye. "Are you serious? Zecma must have really wanted you to have nice quarters." Dennis never complained at all honestly. He would be at Montrocol for the most of his stay in the area until he graduated.

End of Chapter Three

Comment

Chapter Four

Montrocol Campus... Montropolis... 26 December... Saturday morning...

After spending the night in the new farmhouse and having a good breakfast, Zecma and Tigromon awaited in Tigromon's bus for Dennis to come out and join them for his enrollment day at Montrocol. The drive wasn't all that far as they drove on to the east of the farm to the north-south road on the other side of Myrdramon's swamp and headed south until they were entering Montrocol along one of the more quieter sides of the campus. The bus was pulled to a stop next to Student Union and then the three piled out of the bus as Tigromon man-handled Dennis' suitcases as he escorted the young man and the devil mouse across campus toward his office building which had an odd title on it: Dean Hall.

As he followed Zecma and Tigromon toward Faculty Hall carrying the cage with Honor the parrot in it, Dennis saw a good looking two-tailed brown fox sitting at a picnic table across from another Myrdramon. Dennis couldn't help but to say hello. "Konnichi wa, fox boy and Myrdramon. Our family moved in next door to your parents and I already met your dad. He is a nice guy."

Myrdramon smiled. "That's great, Zecma owns the property so if we got humans for neighbors, we got good neighbors indeed." The brown Kitsune glanced over toward the young man with a smile. "You must be one of the Thanes. My name is Glitter Prower." He stood up and he shook Dennis' hand. "And what is your name?"

"I'm Dennis Thane, the youngest member of the family," the human teenager said. "I am enrolling in Montrocol today under a scholarship from both Zecma and Lord Albert." The two-tailed fox grinned slyly. "That's great. If you want to get into a nice dorm, ask Tigromon about Clarence Fox's dorm on the south side. That is where I, Myrdramon, Sony and Slick live. You would probably like it there as Clarence prepares breakfast for us every morning. We really know how to have fun on campus." Dennis grinned back. "Before I forget, this is my parrot, Honor. He is my responsibility. Would Clarence let me in the door with a parrot?" Glitter and Myrdramon both nodded their heads. "If he is allowing Slick to be in his dorm, then surely he would allow a parrot." Then he took his seat at the picnic table once again. "Thanks for stopping to talk to us, Dennis. I really hope you enjoy your stay in Montrocol. You're an okay guy." And with that, Dennis headed on toward Dean Hall where he saw Zecma waiting for him at the door. Dennis smiled at the devil mouse. "Prower, he said. I'll bet his dad is Tails." Zecma smiled back. "His father and Sonic both teach here at Montrocol. You will likely see them around. Come on, Tigromon is waiting on you in his office." And they went inside.

Within Dean Hall, there were doors with different Dean titles upon them. But at the end of the hallway was the door marked as Head Dean: Tigromon. Once inside, Dennis and Zecma settled down at the desk where Tigromon was now sitting. "Now, lets get your schedule set up, Dennis. Zecma tells me that he gave you a VIP Platinum partner card for DigiChampion. That is one of the more challenging competitive card games out there. I've seen people getting into fights over that game. And I want that kind of behavior stopped. This is a college, not a Norse Mead Hall. What career are you interested in, Dennis?"

"Social Management and Motivational Psychology," replied Dennis. "Oh, and Glitter Prower mentioned my possibly getting into Clarence Fox's Dorm on the South side. Is there a process for choosing a dorm or is it by assignment?"

Tigromon replied in kind, "Dorms are according to the general education of the courses you choose or by sponsorship. If you get sponsored, then it is up to those who handle your scholarship on where you dorm. Otherwise, from the career you have just stated, you would be assigned to Herdhart Hall which is just behind Student Union to the north and has access to Montropolis Woods, that woodland tract of trees that separate the Myrdramon swamps and your family's farm from the campus and Montropolis itself. Herdhart is the Socially interactive dorm for all aspiring social workers and psychologists. It is generally quiet in there having their own medical library as well as direct foyer access to Student union and Gaming Hall."

Zecma then added, "And because I want you to have access to gaming hall, I want you to start your tenure there. Although you can make friends with whomever you like."

Tigromon then said, "On Mondays I want you to attend a class in the afternoon from 1 PM to 5 PM covering Toon and Anime Physics. You will need that while you are on QC Planet especially since you couldn't have gotten the knowledge on Earth. It is a four hour class and it is instructed by one of Pepe Le Pew's sons who is currently working on a TV series as CSI Skunk. He is a sorcerer himself by trade but he studied Criminology so he could have a real job. He is a nice guy to get to know and you might befriend him during out of class hours."

"My mom would appreciate that, I think," said Dennis.

"You will have a morning Psychology 101 Class for three hours on Wednesday and on Friday you will be attending a social club gathering which occurs in Gaming Hall in Student Union. It is instructed by Felix Mendelssohn. He will also help you with game mechanics for DigiChampion. He has the keys to all of the campus arenas used in card challenges and local campus tournaments. You will be assigned to an arena of your own and it will be there where you will learn about the game and anything else you choose to do in there. For the record, in case you haven't noticed... most non-human species in this region wear absolutely nothing at all. I am not saying you have to be naked on campus but if you ever do lose your clothes, just remember that there is nothing to be embarrassed over when around possibly new friends. We are not thinking about sex at every given fantastical leap and bound."

Dennis smiled. "Good to know, Tigromon, although I would be lying if I didn't say that you come across as one of the hottest studs on campus. But tell me, is Gaming Hall ever closed down for cleaning or locked due to punitive lessons?"

Tigromon smiled. "Actually, no. It is open 24 hours a day. In fact, the student union's campus gym has a connecting door to the hall and you can most times find me working out in the gym if you ever need my direct help. I have to keep in shape. Cleaning crews will politely clean around gamers and simply go about their business without disturbing anyone."

Dennis smiled back. "What room will I be assigned to in Herdhart?"

"Room 305 has an opening," said Tigromon as he read over the placement page. "I just sent a new student up there a few days ago and you will fill out the remaining part of their dorm room. The others in the dorm room are a rabbit, a kangaroo, and a reindeer. They are all involved in games and such, although you are the only DigiChampion player. The rabbit and the roo share a dorm room which will leave you and your parrot with the reindeer. He has a parrot of his own so Honor will have a friend as well. What do you think of that, Honor?" "Brawk... Pretty birdie?" Tigromon nodded his head as Honor started bobbing his head up and down. "Brawk! Keep it clean!"

End of Chapter Four

Comment

Chapter Five

Herdhart Hall... Room 305... 26 December... Saturday mid-morning...

Arriving with Tigromon up on the third floor of Herdhart Hall, the door to 305 was found to be open and there was music cascading out of the opening. Just inside, the chocolate colored rabbit and the vanilla colored kangaroo were cutting a rug in preparation for a campus dance contest. The reindeer had the door to his bedroom closed where as he was studying or something.

Tigromon reached over and flicked the record player off as he said, "Good thing this isn't an inspection, boys."

"Dean Tigromon!" exclaimed the tall rabbit. "We're sorry, we were practicing for the campus dance contest."

"As I said, no one is in trouble this time."

And then the reindeer's door flung open as a lovely doe of a lady quickly darted out passed Tigromon and the others into the hallway, although she paused when she saw Dennis. "Um... Doreen," she said as she shook Dennis' free hand. "Room 205. Come on by some time." And she headed off toward the elevator.

Tigromon grabbed Dennis and pulled him into the room. "Boys, this is Dennis Thane. He will be rooming with Andolph. Judging from what exited Andy's room, I have to question if the free bed is still clean."

The Rabbit shook Dennis' hand. "I'm Blackover, but I go by Blacky more than my full name." Then the kangaroo shook Dennis hand. "Ah'm Rockefeller, or shortened to Rocky is more to my liking. We won't shorten yer name, mate, unless yas give us permission to."

Tigromon poked his head into the reindeer's room and shouted, "What have you done to the beds?!"

Dennis peaked into the room himself and saw that both beds had been disassembled and were stacked up against one wall. "I won't sleep on the floor, Tigromon," he said. "Maybe I should just make use of the couch."

Tigromon growled, "Maybe I should move Andy out into the woods since he doesn't like beds!"

Dennis then noticed the door behind him in the small foyer and looked in through that at the space beyond. "Tigromon? Is this room used for anything?"

Tigromon glanced back at Dennis and smiled a little. "Dorm storage and an access door to the building's roof. What are you thinking?"

Dennis smiled. "My new bedroom in this dorm. I will have my mom come over and help me to prepare the upper area for the purpose I will be needing it for. Don't worry, there will still be a roof over that. But I am going to need that space for my other lessons."

Tigromon then said, "I misspoke just now, Dennis, this dorm and all five others on this floor have access to the upper space. The roof is beyond that. What use are you going to need it for?" He was now curious since Dennis no longer seemed bothered about the lack of the bed.

Dennis grinned before he replied, "I am a Von Hammer; do the math." And right as that surname came out of his mouth... Andy, Blacky, and Rocky all went dead silent for a moment. The most powerful wizard and druid clan in all of Romania and this boy was one of them. Dean Tigromon had about forgotten about that one little detail. A spell caster needed an Arcanum. No wonder Lord Albert and Zecma were both interested in this young man. He had the potential to use magic. Very powerful magic at that.

Tigromon then broke the silence. "Very well, Dennis, I'll let you and your mom revamp the storage floor of the building; we can move all of the usual storage to the basement. As for you, Andy, I want those beds reassembled."

Andolph replied, "I can explain, sir. My antlers kept getting caught in the iron headboard openings and it was fast getting annoying and I needed some extra room in here just to get one of the beds apart. If you could replace the beds with beds that don't have a headboard, I wouldn't have this problem. Please, Dean... I'm begging you."

Dennis then said, "Oh go ahead and grant his request, Tigromon. Better comfort may lead to better grades and more quality work in classes. I'll give you a body massage in the gym later..."

Tigromon blushed when Dennis tempted him like that. "Very well..." he then looked to Blackover and Rockefeller. "Do you need your beds replaced too?"

Blacky smiled at Rocky and said, "In all honesty, Tigromon, we were sharing one bed anyway. He can't sleep alone and I had extra room. So if Dennis wanted to use the spare bed in our room, then you would only have to bring in one replacement for Andy's room."

Dennis then said, "There are going to be times when I'll need privacy when studying in bed. I can't do that if you guys have music blaring like it was before we arrived. But if you guys just want to hang out in my quarters after we get it set up, come on in. Once the Arcanum is live, we will see about get together arrangements. I'll have to see what my mom says about it."

Honor chose to say something at that point. "Brawk... silly boys!"

And then Andy's female parrot chose to pipe up as well. "I couldn't agree more!" She whistled, then said, "I'm Cleo. Pretty birdie." She posed all proud like and all.

End of Chapter Five

Comment

Working...
          X