This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AWT-01] APAW-RR-01 Anime Star University

When Robert Rogers and his friend Ralph Potter attend the Mesa Institute of the Code of the West, they become involved with the Planet of Animated Western Steam's newest hero team, The Western Stars.

[AWT-01] APAW-RR-01 Anime Star University

Stampede City, Moo Mesa - Robert Rogers: Mega Star (The Western Stars)
    Episode One: Anime Star University
    By Darrel Vanwinkle (Lord Pouchlaw)
    04/07/2017

Chapter 01

Anime Star City; Anime Texas, Anime World

King Kazma spoke to the head recruiter of the Red Rabbit Army as they stood outside of Anime Star University. "All right, Allen, what is the plan for choosing a new student police force for the Red Rabbits?"

Allen Rabbit was a tall slender brown and white rabbit who wore a bright red outfit (slacks, shoes and security jacket.) "The plan, sir, is to invite promising students to join campus security, at first, as a means of giving them the Red Rabbit Police test and those who score a passing percentage will be invited afterward to join the newly forming Anime Stars Heroic Officer Police Squadron (HOPS for short.) Once we have a selection of promising members, we will assign a rotating leadership, so all team members get a chance to lead HOPS in public. The one student, overall, who performs the role the best over time, will become the definitive leader and those who choose not to listen to the instructions given by the leader will be asked to leave the team. It is pointless to have a team leader if the team members are not going to take that leader seriously. The team will be graded on Leader conviction as well as Team Member cooperation within said team. If the team leader tells you to hop, the team members should hop. Members who do not conform toward being in the team the leader is currently within will not be permitted to hang out with said Team Leader. Various Red Rabbit divisions will be able to make better use of team leaders who can uphold their part of the deal; team members who lack conviction are simply holding themselves back and are obviously not ready for inclusion in a serious team. And conforming to the university standards, King Kazma, overall, they will be doing this for a grade at all times. They are going to be watched at all times. Students who think some other activity is more important during team time will not last as a team member. There is no 'I' in team, sir. If they believe that their other activity is more important no matter how important they believe it is, then they will be excluded from the team and from team meetings, all of which must be overseen by a Red Rabbit supervisor. Remember, these students will be getting graded. They are still enrolled in University classes unless they feel they are falling behind or they have tricked themselves into thinking that being here is a reason to have a party and goof off."

Kazma said, "As long as you are sure that this may work out for the best."

Allen then replied, "Even if it doesn't, sir, we are sure to get a few field marshals for the Red Rabbit forces out of this exercise."

Kazma didn't look convinced.

At that moment, a Red Rabbit doe approached the two and said, "Need I remind you both that the cat lord has never tried this and despite his lack of assisting young heroes, his heroic force was taken from high school stock and nearly all of them suffered from hormone eruption which caused them to be distracted during hours when they should have been focused on heroic exercises. Their team would never listen to the one they demanded lead them, they had no definitive mentor to guide them, and they had at least three distracted 'do whatever they wanted no matter what the leader says' members among their number. One of which was born with hereditary leadership abilities and chose not to exercise them."

Allen then commented, "Angela is right, sir. Mentoring students from college stock implies that they are past their teenage desire to mate with every member on the team. Not to mention, the cat lord's teen age heroic team were not doing their activities for a grade. Our group would be performing their activities for a grade which would help them focus to do better to impress the mentor instructor watching their performance."

At that moment, another rabbit approached Allen and handed him a report. "Allen, sir! ASU graduate Star Rabbit reporting in, sir! We have located a potential leader on Earth who is already a hero in his own right. He rescued a boy from drowning in flood conditions in his home state of Kentucky. He willingly completes family assigned chores and he is looking into colleges right now. Imbuement Services are in the process of preparing the young man for empowerment."

King Kazma then spoke up, "As long as the young man doesn't end up as another rabbit, I think we can accept your candid choice for the newest attendee to this university."

Angela remarked, "Make sure the brochure for ASU reaches the young man's hands, Star."

Star replied, "I don't think that is going to be an issue, Ms. Angela. Robert Rogers is planning on attending a college with his best friend. His friend Ralph Potter has a magical potential of great renown. The males in the boy's family come from a long line of magic users. Neither Robert nor Ralph know anything about this as yet."

Allen smiled. "How much training will Ralph need to learn to use magic?"

Star stated, "According to our research, the Potters are naturals at using magic. We assume it will take no time at all for him to learn to use the magic that comes natural to him."

Kazma said, "Will Robert be able to cope with the idea that his friend makes him seem like a peon?"

Star explained, "Once Robert himself is empowered, he will be thinking about his own powers too much to worry about feeling less than his friend, sir. The empowerment device we are choosing to use is a cowboy hat, sir. Once he willingly puts on the hat and uses the activation phrase of his own free will, he will forever have his powers, sir. And I believe he will enjoy the powers being given to him. We are choosing to mix a C.O.W.-boy of Moo Mesa with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe as well as the Superman protocol. In his empowered form, he will be Mega Star, the most powerful C.O.W.-boy in the universe."

Kazma then asked with a serious gaze. "He isn't going to be stuck in his new form, is he?"

Star replied, "Hell no, sir. We are smarter than the cat lords on QC are; he will be able to 'power down' when he isn't needing his empowered form."

Kazma nodded his head. "I have never liked the way their magical Toonium always seemed to get humans stuck in their new toon forms -- one way."

End of Chapter 01

Chapter 02

Rogers farm, just South of Lone Oak, Kentucky; Planet Earth

The teen age Robert Rogers held his pitchfork as he gave the horses and cattle a fresh supply of hay from the nearby bale. Today he was without a shirt in his faded blue jeans and rawhide work boots. He had short blond hair, blue eyes and tanned skin. "Here you go, boys and girls. Nice clean hay all for you awesome farm animals. I wonder when dad will be back from the feed store." As he turned to get another pitch of hay, directly behind him where the cattle were standing he heard a voice.

"Those dogs eat more than we do, Robert."

Robert came to an immediate stop when he heard that voice. He then turned around and looked at the bulls. "It is too hot of a day for a joke like this, Ralph! Where are you?"

When Ralph didn't answer him, Robert pulled out his cellphone and pressed the number for Ralph's mobile phone. After it rang twice, Robert heard Ralph on the phone.

"Talk to me, Robert," said Ralph. "Whatcha need?"

"Have you been over to my house today?" asked Robert still looking directly at the bulls.

"Negatory, Savior Boy!" exclaimed Ralph. "You said you were going to be working in the sun all day and mom won't let me leave the house until she is sure that I am not sick from almost drowning. I would really love to be over with you but my mom says, no way, Jose. Why do you ask? What happened over there?"

"I was making commentary in the barnyard the way I usually do and I swear I heard a voice reply to my comment from directly behind me. But when I looked, all I saw were the bulls," he said as he studied the bulls from where he stood. "I'll talk to you later since you are not over here at the farm today. Rest well and I hope you are out of that bed soon." He turned off his phone and put it back into his pocket. "Okay... take two. I need to spread the rest of this hay." And he turned away from the bulls to put the pitchfork into he bale once again.

"The dogs may eat a lot, but not as much as Bossybelle has been putting away lately." he said as he pressed his shoe against the pitchfork into the hay. Once again, directly behind him, he heard a voice from the direction of the cattle.

"That's because she is pregnant."

Robert turned around fast and he was again looking at the bulls. "Okay, which one of you is replying to my comments? I deserve to know!"

And of course, none of the bulls said a thing now that the boy was focused directly upon them.

Robert then glanced over at the horses. "A fresh apple for the horse who points out which bull is talking to me."

Naturally, the horses played as dumb as the bulls were playing and none of them moved an inch.

He now looked to the bulls. "I'll get the salt block right now if you bulls move away from the one answering my comments."

Again, none of them budged an inch.

Robert grabbed his pitchfork and finished getting the fresh hay to be pitched into the corral with the bulls. "Since no one wants to tell me anything, I am just going to finish my job in silence before I head off to check on the other animals. If the dogs could talk, I'll bet they would love to tell me things to my face." He turned to work in silence.

"I wouldn't bet on that."

This time, as Robert had said, he ignored the voice since it wasn't going to talk when he was looking. He continued with his assigned job.

"There are rules in nature, Robert."

Robert finally broke his silence without looking. "I am the only human on the farm today. What rule says I cannot see which animal is talking? Did they kick you off of King Kazma's planet or something?" He figured it had to be that since talking animals normally only lived on Anime World.

"Like it says in the Code of the West, always steer your friends in the right direction and never horn in on another bull's territory. You will win more friends that way."

Robert stopped working but did not turn around. "Did a witch cast a spell on one of you Moo Mesa bulls? And if the answer is yes, what can I do to help you break the spell?"

"Robert! Catch!"

The young man turned toward the voice as he saw what looked like a cowboy hat with a star affixed to it flying through the air toward him which he caught in his hands. As he held the hat up so it blocked the view of the bulls, he heard the voice say, "Put it on and let it hang down to rest upon your back for now. Just remember... By the Code of the West. Say it."

End of Chapter 02

Comment

Chapter 03

He put the cowboy hat with cord on over his head and let it hang down upon his back. He had been wearing a bandana anyway so this wasn't much different. "Is this a combination between the Masters of the Universe and the COW-Boys of Moo Mesa? I guess there is only one way to find out."

Robert struck a pose as Prince Adam might do in preparation for his transformation as he shouted, "By the Code of the West!" Robert's deputy star upon his cowboy hat erupted in glittered light as what appeared to be a dust devil began to revolve around his transforming body. He was then hit with the full magical energy of the law as his body bulked up as muscular as Dakota Dude's usual form displayed; this was followed by his head taking on the appearance of Marshal Moo Montana but instead of the letter 'M' on his cowboy hat, his deputy's star resided in that position. His red bandana was around his neck as his body was covered in armor similar to Dakota Dude's clothing although his feet became cloven bovine hoofs while he had a bull's tail jutting out from behind him in a decent manner. His armored uniform was mainly sienna and gold in coloration with silver gloves over his powerful hands. His star blasters then appeared in their holsters on his belt along with a coiled lasso as well. He shouted, "I am Mega Star, the most powerful COW-boy in the universe!"

His fur color was the same as his human hair had been although his horns and his hoofs were as tan as his human skin had been. His eye color had not changed at all. Although he stood a little taller than both Dakota Dude and Marshal Moo Montana, he could feel the power coursing through his body. "Let's see what all I am capable of in this form. Man, even my voice sounds different when I am suited up." And then he got to work on the rest of his farm chores discovering that he was stronger, faster and also capable of making incredible jumps from the ground to the hay loft. "This is surreal!" And then he found that with a little focus, he could create dust devils as he also seemed to have some sort of minor wind control power. And then he made the leap of faith as he jumped toward the sky. He almost forgot to stop as he penetrated the cloud layer in the lazy sky before slowly coming back down and hovering there just under the clouds. "Transformation into a COW-boy of Moo Mesa Form, Super Strength, Increased Speed, Acrobatic Muscular Control, Lassoing Skills, Marksmanship, Wind Control and now Flight. My only question is... why me? Why was I given these powers? Am I to fight a new bad guy? Time to get back to the farm; I just hope I can land without going splat."

Once he was back on the ground near the corrals, Mega Star heard the family truck returning from town. "Uh oh, I need to power down before dad sees me like this." And in a flash of the same glittered light, Robert had returned to normal although the cowboy hat was sitting on his head now and the golden yellow deputy's star was now on a necklace down inside his shirt. "So that's how it works. Now to go see how dad did in town." And he headed around toward the front of the farm house.

Helping his father unload the truck, Robert asked, "May I take a copy of mom's instant cure all broth over to Mrs. Potter's place? She won't let Ralph out of bed until she is sure he isn't sick from where he almost drowned back when I saved him from that dip in the river. And he is starting to go crazy in that bed she has him in."

Mr. Rogers replied, "She still has him in bed? That was over a week ago! As long as your chores are done, you can go over there. I know Ralph is your best friend but keeping him under house arrest is ridiculous."

Robert went into the house and using his mother's photocopier, he made a copy of the recipe for the instant cure all broth. Then he carefully tucked it into his pocket before heading outside and standing just on the hidden side of the garage before he made ready to travel to Ralph Potter's house.

Robert struck his pose as he shouted, "By the Code of the West!" Robert's deputy star upon his cowboy hat erupted in glittered light as what appeared to be a dust devil began to revolve around his transforming body. He was then hit with the full magical energy of the law as his body bulked up as muscular as Dakota Dude's usual form displayed; this was followed by his head taking on the appearance of Marshal Moo Montana but instead of the letter 'M' on his cowboy hat, his deputy's star resided in that position. His red bandana was around his neck as his body was covered in armor similar to Dakota Dude's clothing although his feet became cloven bovine hoofs while he had a bull's tail jutting out from behind him in a decent manner. His armored uniform was mainly sienna and gold in coloration with silver gloves over his powerful hands. His star blasters then appeared in their holsters on his belt along with a coiled lasso as well. He shouted, "I am Mega Star, the most powerful COW-boy in the universe!"

With a leap toward the sky, Mega Star flew along the back side of the trees so no one along the local highways and roads would see him pulling this stunt and then he landed just out of sight near the Potter's front door. "Power Down!" Robert smiled as he loved how these powers worked and he stepped out into the yard and up on to the front porch where he knocked on the door. "Hey! Anyone home? It's Robert! I brought over a copy of my mom's cure all broth recipe for helping Ralph to get better!"

When the door opened, Mrs. Potter smiled at Robert. "I was making some cookies, Robert. Would you like one?"

Robert smiled as he pulled out the recipe. "I'll make you a trade; your cookies and Ralph in exchange for this broth recipe. Come on, ma'am; I really need Ralph; you are driving him crazy by making him stay in that bed for longer than a week."

Mrs. Potter then said, "Promise me that he will be with you and I will allow him to go with you."

Robert said, "As my mother is a high class lawyer and I am having trouble choosing a university to attend, I promise that Ralph will be with me at my place where we will be looking over college documents. I hope he is going to come to college with me when I go. Then I can make sure he doesn't fall into the river again."

Mrs. Potter chuckled as she made a joke. "He is already jealous over his cousin Harrison getting to go to that school of magic in Scotland." She then winked with a grin since it was a Harry Potter/Hogwarts joke that seemed to annoy the men folk of their family.

Robert showed he was a good sport by laughing at her humor as he handed over the recipe and saying, "Good one, Mrs. Potter." And after he got his cookies, he went to Ralph's bedroom where he said, "Get out of that bed, faker. Your mom is giving you to me. I need you over at my place. Wait until you see what I can do."

Ralph smiled as he whipped back the blankets to reveal that he was already dressed and ready to go with his backpack and a suitcase. "I knew you would come to my rescue again. Now let us get out of here before she changes her mind. She told that joke again, didn't she?" And then the two were heading out of the Potter House.

End of Chapter 03

Comment

Chapter 04

Mega Star was carrying Ralph as they flew along behind the tree line just out of sight of the road. "And you have no idea on why they gave you these powers?" asked Ralph as he held on to his suitcase and backpack.

"It was just so out of the blue that I could scarcely believe it," was the reply from the super-powered COW-boy as he carried his best friend. "It sure made getting my chores done faster and more efficient."

Ralph then remarked, "I think you are right about the coming bad guy you might have to fight. Mentors don't just give out powers without a serious threat existing somewhere. I wish I had powers so I could watch your back. Then I could be your sidekick or heroic partner. Playing hero solo is for the birds, you know."

Mega Star then said, "I am thinking about telling my dad about this so he isn't worried when he hears about Mega Star later."

Ralph replied, "I am no Lois Lane and you are no Superman; I just say, be careful with who you tell about this."

Mega Star then asked, "You don't think I should say something to my dad? I know my mom would go ballistic."

Ralph smiled. "Now you are thinking ahead. If you do tell your dad about this, make him promise not to say anything about this power to your mom. Being the lawyer, she might confine you to the farm and then no college."

Mega Star grinned. "That depends upon where we choose to go to college. Wait until you see the college invitations that I got. I even got a few from Anime World."

Ralph said, "We're country boys, Mega Star. I don't know if we would fit into a big city college. But if the college were in a down home type of area, I think we could both go for that."

Mega Star smiled. "I think we can find something like that on Anime World. Otherwise, we might end up going to the University of Texas."

As Mega Star started to land just behind the Rogers house, Ralph asked, "What makes you so cemented on going to Anime World?"

The powered COW-boy set his friend down. "Power down!" and Robert returned to normal as he replied, "How long do you think it would be before someone reported seeing the flying COW-boy and then I wouldn't be able to be seen when I needed to be out and about? Come on, let's get into the house and look over the college brochures."

Ralph commented, "I am surprised that the snooping Becky Willoway hasn't seen you flying around by now. She is always trying to get some sort of dirt for that gossip column she writes."

Robert then said, "Now you know why we should go to Anime World. One story by her and my career would be finished before it started."

Ralph said, "My mom says she is relentless once she has her nose in a story."

As the boys entered the house through the kitchen door, they were about to go up the rear stairs when Robert heard his father saying to someone in the living room, "It is an interesting photograph, Ms. Willoway, but what makes your source so sure it came from my farm?" Robert came to a dead stop when he heard his father say those words. He then whispered to Ralph, "Play along with what I say." And at that moment, he stepped out of the kitchen and into the living room. "Man, dad, you should have seen Calvin's new remote control sky camera. It looks just like one of the COW-Boys of Moo Mesa. I about got a crick in my neck watching it fly. I almost believed it was real."

Becky Willoway was about ten years older than both Robert and Ralph while she had black hair and brown eyes. She stood up out of her seat and looked to Robert. "So you saw the flying COW-Boy contraption? And this Calvin admitted that it was something he built?"

Robert smiled. "That's about the size of it, ma'am. Sorry you made this trip out here for nothing but perhaps you might like a few cookies instead." He held out a couple of Mrs. Potter's cookies to the unwanted female who took two of them before she snagged the photograph and departed the house to get into her car.

Mr. Rogers stood up as he heard Ms. Willoway's car leaving the farm. "I never thought she would leave. Robert, your timing was awesome but you have to get up pretty early in the morning to make your good old dad buy that story. Calvin went to UCLA two weeks ago. He wouldn't come back to Kentucky for no reason. So what is really going on?"

After taking his father and Ralph up to his bedroom, Robert pointed his best friend to the college brochures before turning to his dad and saying, "Dad... A mysterious force gave me super powers while I was doing my chores and now for the proof. But when I show you this, please do not tell mom about this later. I wanted you to know but I am not too hip on the women in this area learning about my good fortune."

Robert struck his pose as he shouted, "By the Code of the West!" Robert's deputy star erupted in sparkling light as his body glowed and the transformation began. He was then hit with the full magical energy of the law as his body bulked up as muscular as Dakota Dude's usual form; this was followed by his head taking on the appearance of Marshal Moo Montana but instead of the letter 'M' on his cowboy hat, his deputy star appeared in that position. His red bandana was around his neck as his body was covered in armor similar to Dakota Dude's clothing although his feet became cloven bovine hoofs while he had a bull's tail jutting out from behind him in a decent manner. His armored uniform was mainly sienna and gold in coloration with silver gloves over his powerful hands. His star blasters appeared in their holsters on his belt along with a coiled lasso as well.

He then withheld the shout at the end and he said to his father who looked a mite stunned, "I am now Mega Star, the most powerful COW-boy in the universe."

End of Chapter 04

Comment

Chapter 05

Mr. Rogers looked over his transformed son with an articulate examining eye. "Very Moo Mesa like, son. Whomever the mentor is paid attention to precise quality when they designed your overall costume and species identity. Your lasso is a lot like Cowlorado Kid's own lasso and your five star shooters are very much like Marshal Moo's own firearms. I like how the deputy's star is in the center of your cowboy hat instead of the letter 'M' like Marshal Moo's hat. Being Mega Star, you would have an 'M' like the Marshal's and a star fits you better. What all powers have you discerned since acquiring this identity?"

Mega Star replied, "As I noted before you came home, dad, I have Transformation into a COW-boy of Moo Mesa Form, Super Strength like Dakota Dude, Increased Speed, Acrobatic Muscular Control, Lassoing Skills like the Kid, Marksmanship like Marshal Moo, Wind Control and Flight. A virtual Cowboy Superman. I don't know if I am invulnerable or not and I am not in a hurry to find out. Like I asked Ralph earlier... Why me?"

His father remarked, "Maybe your mentor witnessed your rescuing Ralph from drowning and he was impressed by your resolve to do the right thing. As you know, law enforcement runs in our family on both sides. I was a police officer until my accident in the line of duty and your mother is a high class lawyer. After being released from the force, I acquired this ranch here in Kentucky and followed my childhood dream. To have a cattle and horse ranch."

Mr. Rogers then said, "As for Ralph's father, as you both know from his performing stage magic at grade school functions in the past, magic and sleight of hand runs in the Potter family. Ralph could likely pick up the trade easily. Even though Mrs. Potter makes the Harry Potter jokes, the truth is far stronger than you might imagine, boys. And stranger. The males in the Potter family are capable of learning powerfully REAL magical spells. Therefore, Ralph, you are a potential magic user. What you do with your heritage is up to you. I thought I would bring this up before you went off with Robert with the dream of becoming empowered like him so you could become his heroic crime fighter." He paused when he saw Ralph's facial reaction to that statement. "I nailed it, didn't I?"

Mega Star chuckled. "Yes, Ralph was wishing for powers when he learned I could become this super form so he could join me as my partner. But since I am trying to choose a college to attend, I rescued Ralph from house arrest to help me choose a college and then we could both go enroll together."

Ralph held up a brochure and said, "This one from Anime World seems out of place, Robert. When I first started looking at these brochures, I didn't see this one at first, but as I was sorting through them after your father mentioned being a former police officer, I found this college brochure for an Anime University dedicated to Empowered Law Enforcement. It is endorsed by the Red Rabbit Army who work directly for King Kazma. I think it is mighty coincidental that this brochure suddenly shows up after we learn about your legal background and how my family hides magical powers."

Mr. Rogers then said, "Coincidental or not, have you forgotten who was just here asking about Robert's new form? She is going to get lucky enough to corner Robert eventually if he stays in this area. Becky Willoway is not the one you want to do your first newspaper article for, guys. She can make you out to be a perverse threat or even get the government curious about your powers if you get trapped in her cross-hairs. We need to get you boys off to college as fast as possible. Does that brochure have a phone number, Ralph?"

Ralph replied, "Yes, It is..." and he recited off he phone number as Mr. Rogers used his cell phone to call the number.

Allen Rabbit answered the call. Anime Star University. Allen Rabbit of the Red Rabbit Army speaking. How may we help you this afternoon?

Mr. Rogers explained who he was and how his son and his friend were interested in the college and how a gossip columnist has noticed his son practicing his new powers recently and how the woman was now snooping around. "Becky Willoway can make life awful for anyone she reports the dirt on, Mr. Rabbit. Is there a way to get my son and his friend off to your college discreetly? The boys are hiding out here at my ranch in the upstairs rooms currently."

Allen replied, We can open a portable Stargate directly into your home, if need be, and you can arrange for its permanent installation where ever you would like for it to reside. This way, you could check on your son's progress whenever you liked. We encourage parental participation when viable. We are the ones who aided in granting your son these powers as a reward for his selfless heroism when rescuing his friend from drowning. We did not mean to come across as creepy or underhanded. We are looking to train a new law enforcement team who would be sponsored by both the Red Rabbit Army as well as King Kazma himself. If you would prefer to decline our offer, we can send one of our medical technicians to remove your son's new powers citing that he was chosen as a mistake. But something tells me that this version of the story wouldn't sit well with you, Mr. Rogers. Would it?

Mr. Rogers almost cursed but he prevented himself from doing so. "Give me a moment." He put the call on hold as he looked at Mega Star and Ralph. "They fessed up that they are the ones who aided you in acquiring these powers, Robert. They said it was a reward for your rescuing Ralph from drowning. They are putting together a new Law Enforcement team that would be based out of the college and directly sponsored by both the Red Rabbit Army as well as King Kazma. And if memory serves me right, Robert... King Kazma is not the type to do this to a nice boy just to acquire a sex toy, not like those disgusting cat lords who had the toon retirement community and all of those missing person reports nearly weekly some years ago. Anyway, they say if you want to decline their offer, they can arrange for your new powers to be taken away as, get this... a mistaken choice in the hero it was presented to. They implied that if word got out that you were a mistake, you would have problems getting into a college or finding work later. I don't think you were a mistake; do you?"

Mega Star grinned. "Like it says in the Code of the West, dad, Opportunities freely given shouldn't be set aside just because you have no information on the backers. I say we give them a chance. If it doesn't pan out, just remember who mom is. I enrolled at a university of theirs and if they reneged on my attending their college, the legal and media coverage might ruin them. Mom AND Becky Willoway? Nuff said." He winked at his father with a chuckle.

Before Mr. Rogers continued the call, Ralph muttered, "That is called Blackmail, Mega Star."

Mega Star grinned. "If it works, then so be it. If I go down, so will they. I am sure they do not want to be compared to simply doing what the disgusting cat lords were doing in years past with all the missing people. Right?" He laughed once again.

End of Chapter 05

Comment

Chapter 06

Moments later, the portable Stargate was set up within the spacious attic of the Rogers' home. "Remember dad, when mom gets home tell her that Ralph and I are checking out a law college on King Kazma's world. Just don't mention the super powers. If I thought mom would handle knowing about my powers without over-playing the protective mom card, I would let her know."

Ralph then said, "Guys, the Stargate is opening. I guess we are as ready as we ever will be."

Once the Stargate had opened, five rabbits, two obviously Red Rabbit Soldiers (both male) and two well dressed faculty rabbits (one male and one female) as well as King Kazma, himself, stepped into the attic space. "Mr. Rogers. This is Allen Rabbit and Angela Rabbit, no relation; they are in charge of Anime Star University. I am here to provide the documents in which the parental figure needs to read over and sign to permit your son and his friend to attend one of our institutes of learning. Just remember, Mr. Rogers, ASU encourages parental participation. If your child has a problem at the university, he should always speak directly to Allen first before he calls home. Therefore, if any of you were considering Blackmail like those disgusting Cat Lords would have done on their failed project world, just remember that I have high class lawyers and Pentagon coverage who both can make life very difficult for you. And if you were considering smearing us with the media... all we have to do is turn your enrollment papers with your parental signature over to the press and your case would look like the boy who cried wolf. What we have given you, we can take away. You are not stuck with these powers; as your father was told over the phone, if you do not want these powers, we can take them away from you. We would never call you a mistake no matter what your father implied to you when he thought he was covering the speaker part of his phone; rabbits have excellent hearing. I was in Allen's office when you made the call. Even I heard what your father told you. We never said that you would be considered as a mistake nor did we say that you would have trouble getting into another college or find good work later on. Unless your father simply said that to coerce you into attending a college of his choice."

Mr. Rogers then said, "Kazma, Allen's words implied, and I quote, If you would prefer to decline our offer, we can send one of our medical technicians to remove your son's new powers citing that he was chosen as a mistake. But something tells me that this version of the story wouldn't sit well with you, Mr. Rogers. Would it? end quote. The word 'mistake' was used and if you were in his office then you heard him say it. So is this another Cat Lord trick, King Kazma? Or did someone misspeak?"

King Kazma said, "I arrived in his office mid-call when Allen signaled me that you had called. While I didn't hear him use the word mistake, I did hear you through the phone telling your son that he would not be able to get into a college later if he turned us down. I definitely heard Robert tell Ralph that if Blackmail works, then so be it. Heroes would never stoop to blackmail, Robert; so if you were thinking it, then what reward did you get out of the Potter family for rescuing their son; you must have blackmailed them into surrendering something other than Ralph. As for Becky Willoway, if any of you try to make us out to be just another batch of Cat Lords, we will give her the scoop of the century and then she will know that you lied to her earlier today. It surprises me that people who are born and bred law enforcement are so quick to run away and lie when they are backed into a corner. Back on QC Planet, the Williams family did this very thing when their son gained super powers and when the U.S. government made inquiries about the boy, the family ran away and hid on QC Planet."

Mr. Rogers then remarked, "Back when I was discharged from my police work after some sort of what seemed like a scripted accident, I became a little bitter about law offers that sounded too good to be true. Especially when the ASU brochure suddenly appeared among the others once Ralph and Robert found out that law runs in our family. Allen said he didn't mean to come across as creepy; but stalking an Earth boy and spying on him is well within the realm of the Cat Lords. Rather than contacting me first, your rabbits stalked and spied on my son."

Allen said, "One of the ASU graduate Scouts was looking for a potential leader without permitting himself to be seen. Are you going to say our Scout made a mistake and your son is no leader? Go ahead while your son is point blank... how good is the boy who will resort to blackmail?"

Mr. Rogers had a look that was dangerous. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! You are no better than Atticus!"

Before Kazma could move, Mega Star grabbed his hand and indicated that he wanted to speak to him. "What is it, Robert?"

Mega Star said, "Shoot a video of Anime Star University life as well as the hero team you will be sponsoring, then make sure I get this video; I will review it with Ralph and our parents. Despite your wanting me, Ralph doesn't have permission from his parents to just run off to college just yet. He only had permission to help me choose a college. If you took Ralph right now, then you would be kidnapping him... just like the disgusting Cat Lords would do. If you want me, then do this the legal way; the Pentagon can be used against you, Kazma. Rabbits are not the only ones with good hearing. I was suited up when my father made the call; I overheard every word Allen said. And he said I would be considered as a mistake."

He then looked to his father, "And you need to calm down, dad. Your blood pressure will make mom think you need the doctor. And you don't want that. We will review this video maturely and consider it with an open mind. When we make the ending decision, we will call Allen on the phone and then he can decide what to do with us at that point."

King Kazma then said, "We will take our leave now, Robert. Please power down and hand me the cowboy hat. You will get it back if you decide to attend the university. Otherwise, a Red Rabbit Physician will arrive to remove the power charge you received when you activated the hat. Then you can resume being the normal obedient human son of a so-called law family no matter what college you attend. I wouldn't say the words 'so-called' if blackmail and a father with high blood pressure were not on the docket. The video will be mailed to you by first class parcel. After we leave, the Stargate will be retrieved since if you have no intention of coming to the university, then you don't need access to it in your attic." He looked to the other rabbits. "We are done here."

Mega Star said, "Power Down." transforming back into his human form and Robert handed King Kazma the hat. It was apparent that he liked the empowerment but he still surrendered it.

King Kazma said, "I hope you reconsider, Robert. People like you don't come along every day." And the group of rabbits departed through the Stargate and then the said device vanished.

Robert then said, "I predict that we won't hear back from them from here on out. It will take time to film the University and their team training classes. But I am going to miss those powers. I don't care if they way they presented the powers was creepy. I was having fun with them."

Ralph said, "We have some more brochures to look over in your room, Robert."

End of Chapter 06

Comment

Chapter 07

That night, upon the insistence of Robert, Becky Willoway was seated at the dining room table with the Rogers family. Mrs. Rogers was wondering what the occasion was since Robert was the one who asked the reporter to join them for dinner.

Robert said, "Did you bring that picture like I asked you to, Becky?"

Becky opened her portfolio and said, "It is right here. You said you remembered something extra about it. That is why I am here tonight."

Robert glanced at his mother and father, then he focused on Becky. "Do you recall the Animation World Park fiasco, Becky?"

She nodded her head. "The story of the century; a story like that would have set me for life; now I have to chase down mysterious sightings and weirdo events."

Robert said, "Earlier this morning just before you got lucky enough to snap that picture, one of King Kazma's Red Rabbit Hero University Scouts spied on me and empowered me to change into that form you see in the picture. When you saw me flying, I was on my way to pick up my best friend Ralph from his house. I thought I was flying discreetly behind the trees, but you must have been parked somewhere where I didn't notice and you took my picture. This afternoon, after we got rid of you and I apologize for lying to you about the flying Moo Mesa C.O.W.-Boy, we chose to call Anime Star University since we had one of their brochures and they fessed up that they had given me the Mega Star powers and unless I chose to attend their university, then they would arrange for the powers to be taken away from me... as, get this, a mistaken choice for whom the power was to go to. My dad almost popped an artery when they tried to play the better than thou card. But in the end, I got them to agree to make a video of their university to be sent to me for preview purposes in front of both my family and Ralph's family. But when they suggested that they would go public after I made an unintentional mention of Blackmailing the rabbits, I chose to call not only you but the Pentagon's special forces division. I was targeted for super powers, just like the disgusting Cat Lords had done with Supermouse. So you see, Becky, you might still get the story of the century."

The lady reporter then said, "I need some more details on Mega Star, Robert. As much as you can remember. I made you out to be a hero in the papers when you saved Ralph from drowning and I would like to continue the tradition as your official media contact for any adventures you may have as Mega Star... if they let you keep the powers. How did the powers work, Robert?" She had her notepad at the ready as well as her tape recorder. "What you tell me can also help the Special Forces Division when they arrive to get details from you. And if I turn over my notes and tape recording to them, then I score with the government as well."

Robert got out of his chair and stood in the open portion of the entry hallway within view of the dining table. "It works like this..."

Robert struck his pose as he shouted, "By the Code of the West!" Robert's body erupted in sparkling lights as he glowed and the transformation began. He was then hit with the full magical energy of the law as his body bulked up as muscular as Dakota Dude's usual form; this was followed by his head taking on the appearance of Marshal Moo Montana without the cowboy hat. His red bandanna was around his neck as his body was covered in armor similar to Dakota Dude's clothing although his feet became cloven bovine hoofs while he had a bull's tail jutting out from behind him in a decent manner. His armored uniform was mainly sienna and gold in coloration with silver gloves over his powerful hands. His star blasters appeared in their holsters on his belt along with a coiled lasso as well.

He then withheld the shout at the end and he said to the ladies in the room, "I am now Mega Star, the most powerful COW-boy in the universe. And now to change back..."

Mega Star said, "Power Down!" And... nothing happened. "Oh no... the power down protocol was in the cowboy hat. Dad, I'm stuck."

Mr. Rogers was out of his chair fast as he shouted, "I KNEW IT! AS BAD AS THE CAT LORDS!"

Mrs. Rogers got up and held her husband to make him calm down. "We have the phone number; we'll just call them to make them bring the hat back or else the government gets to see the animated world's latest fuck up. I am sure General Sloan would have a field day with this."

Mega Star said, "Speaking of Sloan..." He stepped over to the front door, opened it and invited a few people to come in. General Sloan entered the home along with the Pentagon's head secretary, Hannah Seasons. "It happened exactly as you suggested it might, Sloan. I cannot Power Down." And the proof was that he had just said the two words and he was still stuck as the Moo Mesa bull.

Osric Sloan said, "I thought King Kazma was smarter than this! I am very glad you called me about this instead of doing what every other empowered person usually did; hide in the animated worlds!"

Hannah Seasons was using a detection device to scan Mega Star's body. "Yes, without the cowboy hat, you are indeed stuck. I think this qualifies as dirty pool to get you to have to contact them for help. I think they knew you would get stuck in your form without the hat. And you are right, this is just like the Cat Lords."

Sloan then said, "When you call them back, make the call over the speaker phone so we can all hear their excuse for this outrage. And we are going to be recording the call for legal purposes. And make sure they know to come to the front door when they arrive to fix this. Just don't tell them that the government is listening."

Mega Star said, "Dad, you should make the call, they don't know mom's voice. They spoke to you before. And try to remain civil over the phone; I don't want you to have a heart attack."

Mr. Rogers went over to the speaker phone and tapped in the University contact number. As the phone was ringing, Sloan turned on the government tape recorder. When the call was answered, they could tell right away it wasn't Allen. "Angela Rabbit, Attorney at law, Anime Star University. How can I help you, Mr. Rogers. I know it is you because our caller ID has identified your number as your home phone. Did your cellphone get broken or are you attempting to make a recording of this phone call?"

End of Chapter 07

Comment

Chapter 08

Hannah mentally said to Sloan, {She isn't stupid.}

Mr. Rogers replied, "I am using the speaker phone because the entire family wanted to hear the latest excuse for why my son cannot power down. He powered up just fine but when he tried to return to normal, he stayed in bull form. Or do you want to talk to my legal representative? Make sure the assistance arrives at the front door. We were having dinner on the ground floor. Either bring the hat or give me an excuse on why you no longer have it."

Angela Rabbit said, "King Kazma took the cowboy hat to be locked up in his Dojo safe for security purposes. I will have to call him to let him know what happened. It might be a few hours before he can respond to your inquiry. I am sure he will be as surprised as you are in regards to your son's predicament. I recall the original conversation when Kazma asked if Robert would be stuck in the form and the reply was, absolutely not. Allen stated that we were better than the Cat Lords. Allen did not empower the hat, so whomever did is to blame for this accident. If you will excuse me, I will call King Kazma and let him know what happened."

Mega Star then spoke up, "Angela? This is Mega Star. I hope Allen is making that video as I asked King Kazma to do. Otherwise, the reason I chose to suit up tonight was so I could apologize to the reporter who took my picture when I was flying. In other words, I fessed up; so make sure you tell King Kazma that I chose to go the honesty route with the authorities."

You could have heard a pin drop as the line went dead apparently so Angela could use the phone to call King Kazma.

Mr. Rogers waited a moment and then he hung up the phone receiver. "I think you shocked her, son. If the rabbits thought they had the upper hand before, now they are going to have to do some fancy foot work to pull themselves out of this jar of molasses."

Sloan said, "Getting stuck and calling the Government for help was the smartest thing you could do, Robert. Hopefully King Kazma himself shows up with that hat. I know he won't be glad to see Hannah and I."

A few hours later, there came a knock at the front door; it wasn't a muffled knock, so someone with paws was not knocking. Mrs. Rogers chose to answer the door. When she opened it, there were four individuals standing on the porch. One was King Kazma; the lady dressed all in white with a medical symbol on her costume was the Showcase member known as Medina; the Rabbit in the military like spacer costume was none other than Captain Rabbit. And perhaps worse case scenario... the infamous Guppy founder and overall mother hen of the All-Stars, Lightstrike Cavanaugh, was standing with Captain Rabbit. Mrs. Rogers said, "Please come in; my son is just around the corner in the family room." After permitting the group of people to enter the house, Mrs. Rogers led them into the family room where Kazma came to a stop when he saw Sloan and Seasons together to one side. Becky Willoway was standing next to Mega Star.

King Kazma said, "You weren't kidding when Angela told me that you fessed up, Robert. However, since you chose to call in the big guns and you willingly surrendered the empowerment hat, you should have known not to use the powers without the hat. Or was this an attempt at theft? Medina, examine Mega Star and make sure he is capable to being restored to normal." He then looked to the others standing in the room. "I was told that the hat stores the unused form within itself so when you power down, you get your original identity back. But using the power without the form storage item is pretty much saying that you want to make a full crossover; that is, if you weren't just trying to steal the powers for yourself, Mr. Threatens Blackmail To Get His Way. I definitely asked the makers if you would get stuck in the form and they adamantly denied the accusation; yet you are stuck."

Mega Star was just barely avoiding showing his inherited temper. "If I cannot resume my humanity by tomorrow, Kazma, I will do everything in my power to have your kitty trap closed down."

Captain Rabbit walked over to Mega Star and said, "I believe Kazma now just from hearing you talk, kid. You sound like you gave up already and just want revenge. It just so happens that I might be able to return you to your normal human form but you should stay powered down afterward until you get the hat back. I have a transformation trigger myself but mine was not acquired from either the Cat Lords nor Kazma's Rabbits. I got mine through an extraterrestrial accident. And when I was honest to their priests, they permitted me to keep the powers."

Sloan then said, "Kazma, when you made plans to start your own world, you promised us that no one on your world would target a human for any reason; yet this accident has now reached my ears. Scouted out and spied on before the hat was given to him? That doesn't sound like the promise was kept to me."

Hannah said, "Kazma is clean, Sloan. They surprised him with the offer to locate a new leader for the Anime Stars at the University. I just read his mind. I am a Psionic, after all."

King Kazma smiled at Hannah. "So much for blackmailing the founder rabbit, Mega Star; Ms. Seasons just cleared me. You seriously need to calm down. What's the verdict, Medina?"

Medina finished her examination. "There are only two solutions at this point; one, it hasn't been three days as yet; and two, Captain Rabbit has offered to help Robert get back to human although it might not work since there is no human in Robert's current form. Mega Star is completely a Moo Mesa Bull at the moment."

King Kazma sighed. "I was afraid of that. Call Timesheart. He needs to make sure this hat gets to Robert before he transforms so he doesn't throw his humanity away when he changes."

Lighty activated his communicator. "Timesheart, Come in; its Lighty; Cap and Kazma need you for a time mission; it hasn't been three days as yet."

A rainbow beam shot in through the glass of the nearby window and bounced off of a mirror before striking the floor next to Lighty. Standing at the ready in his time agent costume was Timesheart Tiger, tummy symbol, time badge and all. "I just got off from work when you called me. Just tell me what needs to be done and I will do it. And why are the Cowboys of Moo Mesa in the house? Marshal Moo is in Stampede City at the moment. Dakota Dude is visiting his sister and checking on the girl that no one in the All-Stars likes. And Cowlorado Kidd is performing at a play house with his son and his friends."

Mega Star looked at the tiger. "I am Anime Star University's newest attempt to take a page out of Atticus' book on How To Screw Over a Human."

End of Chapter 08

Comment

Chapter 09

King Kazma then patiently explained the newest mess to the tiger as he handed over the hat. "Make sure this gets affixed to Robert's back just before he transforms so he doesn't throw his humanity away when he changes. And when he powers down, make sure I get the hat back. Robert hasn't made the decision to enroll at the university yet. But if he just wants to forget the whole thing, then prevent Star Rabbit from delivering the hat this morning to Robert. The boy wasn't wearing his shirt and that might excite a tiger like you." He then looked to Mega Star. "Your choice, Robert. Do you want these powers legally or not?"

Mega Star said, "If the hat transferred the power to transform into me, then why didn't it also transfer the power down protocol into me as well? The way this hat seems to be designed is to make the victim lose his humanity if he ever loses the transformation device. And as Sloan said, you are smarter than that."

King Kazma replied, "We could arrange a permanent transfer if you were still interested in the University; otherwise, why bother giving you free powers that you don't want or won't ever use again?"

Timesheart looked to Mega Star and asked, "Did you like having these powers before you learned the drawback to the hat?"

Mega Star sighed as he nodded his muzzle. "I don't want to be a bull permanently. Someone might try to make hamburger out of me."

Timesheart nodded his head. "With the special sauce? Don't answer that; I have a dirty mind."

Mega Star then said, "This sounds like join the university and you get to keep the powers otherwise give them back as a mistake. And Kazma promised Sloan that he wasn't going to play the coercion card to human victims like the Cat Lords did and here he is doing it to Sloan's face. I am finding it hard to accept an offer where one's honor is coming into question. Join or be normal from now on. How does that sound to you, Timesy?"

Timesheart grinned. "Sounds like Robert is nailing it, Kazma. He was given a power to play with and if he wants to keep it, he has to join your little college butt fuck party. Grams Bear would paddle my ass if I did that to a human boy."

Kazma said, "Allen is making the video that Robert requested. I don't want to permit full access to Mega Star if he isn't going to choose our university. Having such powers would be pointless if he is just going to attend a normal college. It was not my intention to recruit Robert in the way the others planned without telling me. By the time they told me, they had already scouted out your public image and had read Becky's newspaper article on how you rescued Ralph from drowning."

Sloan then stated, "I was wise to give Kazma the benefit of the doubt. When you run a project of that size, it is hard to keep track of what all of your workers might be doing behind your back. And that is what happened this time. Had Kazma actually planned this himself, he might have asked you personally if you wanted heroic powers before granting you the powers of choice. But for now, let us just restore Robert to normal so he can plan for college as a human instead of as a hamburger. Without the special sauce..." He winked at Timesheart.

Timesheart then sparkled magically before he disappeared from the room. When he reappeared, he was holding the hat in his hands which he placed on Mega Star's head. "Power Down, Robert."

Mega Star struck his pose and he said, "Power Down." The Moo Mesa Bull vanished and the human young man reappeared in his place with the hat hanging off of his back. Robert took off the hat and handed it to Kazma once again. "I think you need to get your people to fix this dangerous transformation item. If Allen hadn't implied that I might be a mistake, I wouldn't have mentioned blackmail when I was thinking about my mother and Becky. And for the record, I never claimed to be a hero; Ralph might disagree, but I just did what was right."

King Kazma said, "Your humility is what impressed Star Rabbit, the graduate scout who researched your image and heroic background. Being from a law background never came up in his research of your high school history. I think someone jumped the gun by sending you the brochure in a creepy manner as if they were eavesdropping on your conversation. Even if you don't choose our college, I think you have a good future ahead of you. You could even earn Mega Star back later. Do we need to discuss anything else?"

Medina then pressed a medical device to Robert's forehead and pushed a button and Robert felt a small tingle as the device received a hundred percent reading. She then handed the device to King Kazma. "The empowerment has been removed, Kazma. Robert shouldn't be having any further accidents."

Captain Rabbit approached Robert and handed him a contact card. "If you change your mind about being a hero; call me directly. Sloan himself has one of my contact cards and his is a copy of this same card. Take some time to calm down before you reflect on this experience. Allen and the others may have jumped the gun to bring you into their university, but digital rabbits can be quite hyper when they are excited over someone. Well, alls well that ends well. Time to head back to base, guys. Heroes Reach needs us."

Robert then asked, "Cap... what is Heroes Reach?"

Captain Rabbit replied with a smile. "It is the Hero city mecca on the West Coast of Kazma's Law where our team of the Justice Legacies of Anime is located. Although some people call us the Fury. Back on the fiasco world, the All-Stars led to Showcase and that led to Justice Force and Justice Fury. Even back then, Batman was often trying to get me to join the J.L.A. But his methods left something to be desired so I opted not to join the J.L.A. Instead, once Kazma got his world up and running, I chose to invent my own version of the J.L.A. in Heroes Reach. I won't lie when I say that most of our team could use some hero training from an official source; but sadly, my grade point average is so low that I don't qualify for any college on Earth nor on Kazma's Law. So I have to remain untrained and just get my training on the go. Yes, I realize that I am scholastically an idiot; but what can I do?"

King Kazma hugged Captain Rabbit. "I offered to help you get your education up to par. I don't think you are an idiot."

The heroes and the government representatives then departed from the Rogers' ranch house to give the family their privacy.

End of Chapter 09

Comment

Chapter 10

It was two weeks later and life had returned to normal on the Rogers' ranch.

Robert was no closer to choosing a college to attend and as he was tending to the farm animals, his mind continued to be distracted to when he had the powers of Mega Star. It was like the forbidden fruit. He had tasted power and now he thought about it all the time. He still had Captain Rabbit's contact card but he was afraid to use it. "Who am I kidding...? They probably wrote me off the books the moment King Kazma reprimanded them for designing such a dangerous transformation device for me. I will never be Mega Star ever again. Well, I need to feed the rest of the cattle." And he turned to get to work.

Directly in his line of sight standing so important looking in the farm yard, the C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa stood there in their line-up. Marshal Moo said, "Robert Rogers?"

"Yes... what are you guys doing here? I don't have the power anymore."

Marshal Moo smiled. "Like it says in the Code of the West," he held up what looked like a DVD case. "tonight is movie night. Captain Rabbit told me about you, Robert. He said that you might be missing having the power. So I got my boys and the cast together to come and cheer you up. Kazma's staff ironed out the empowerment issue if you choose to join the university. But..."

Robert saw right away that Marshal Moo wasn't happy to recite the script he was asked to say to him. "What is the real deal, Moo? That look on your face screams that you are not happy with the words that the University asked you to pitch to me. I can respect you to be honest to me. Ralph and I are still looking for a good college. But we are down home boys; we have never been big city boys."

Cowlorado Kidd said, "Well howdy do, Moo. I told you that these boys would associate with the rest of us more than they would at a fancy university in a big city." He then stepped forward and he handed Robert a copy of the Mesa Institute of The Code of the West brochure. "It doesn't matter to us if you don't have Mega Star or not, Robert. Moo is impressed by you regardless. Captain Rabbit thinks they are pretty cheap to tempt you with a power only to take it away unless you join their college. He is wondering why you haven't called him." Moo said, "I am not pleased with how they gave you a temporary empowerment that gave you a form like ours, to be like us, only to remove it when you threatened to go public. At any rate, Allen is mailing their video to you in regards to ASU. But this DVD covers our college on Moo Mesa. We are not offering you a power if you come and join us, but we are willing to take you and Ralph exactly as you are. Review it and if you choose to accept our offer, call Captain Rabbit and he can help you to get Mega Star back without the Kazma Red Rabbit catch."

Dakota Dude then said, "The Planet Lords are not too happy that Captain Rabbit has the capability to empower someone without supervision. They like to be able to control that ability. Just like the Cat Lords did on the fiasco world. So if you truly want Mega Star back, call Captain Rabbit. Don't bother contacting the Red Rabbits since they would tell Kazma that you called. You seem like you really want that empowerment back."

Robert sighed as he looked at the DVD video case. "Ralph and his family would have to preview this with my family before we could make a definitive decision, Moo. As long as your college has that down home feel yet still be modern, we might actually like to attend there. Do you like Captain Rabbit yourselves?"

Moo nodded his muzzle. "Yes, we do. We actually feel sorry for him since he really wants to go to college but doesn't have the scores for a high class college. But on the side, he is pursuing a music career. His guitar work is very good for rock. I am into Country and Western myself."

Robert then asked, "So where is Moo Mesa and the college located?" Moo smiled once again. "Moo Mesa and several other Victorian animated series were moved to yet another animated planet called the Planet of Animated Western Steam, or PAWS for short. We broke away from Kazma and Albert when we got tired of the constant fiascoes that continued to occur in the animated worlds that simply mirrored what had occurred on QC Planet. I can promise you that if you and Ralph come to our world that there will be no inappropriate hanky-panky unless you volunteered to do it yourself. We are open minded down home folk on the western prairies. I assume you are a clean young man and not afraid of hard work. Humans are allowed at the college of choice; but you should suit up if you plan on visiting Moo Mesa since it is populated by C.O.W.-boys and C.O.W.-girls. The Mesa college itself is on the edge of the Mesa closest to where the road down to the lower lands resides."

Robert then asked, "How hard would it be to get a Victorian Heroes Reach set up on PAWS so that Captain Rabbit could migrate over to your world? You did say you felt sorry for him. It is a shame that the Planet Lords are still keeping a leash on him." Cowlorado Kidd grinned. "Way ahead of you, Robert. We already got one started when I predicted that you would speak on the Captain's behalf. So you have been thinking about calling him?"

Robert sighed. "I've been afraid to call him. I figured that once they got the Mega Star power back, that they wrote me off." Marshal Moo, his deputies and Sheriff Terri-Bull all said as one, "Call him." And Dakota added with a sheepish grin with a blush, "You do look good without your shirt on."

Moments later, after a couple of phone calls, Ralph Potter and his family, along with Robert and his family, Becky Willoway, Captain Rabbit and the Moo Mesa cast were seated in the Rogers family den where the DVD of the college was presented to all present. The narration was being done by Marshal Moo Montana pre-recorded. This DVD not only showcased the college but the entire new planet in question. It was an all-new world that was governed by the toons and anime themselves. No planet lords. When the video ended, Robert looked to his father, "Well dad, what is your opinion of Moo's college and world of choice? It is a choice we did not have access to before."

Mr. Rogers said, "I think Becky would have a challenge publishing newspapers in the late 1800s of that world. Of course, I wouldn't mind getting back into law in a town on that world as long as I could still do ranch life. I cannot speak for your mother; I think she would miss being a high-class lawyer in Louisville."

Mrs. Rogers then said, "No one said the migration would be an exile, they could provide a short-cut between the family ranch here and the family ranch on PAWS if they would agree to it. Besides, you might want supplies of medicine, deodorant, shampoo and toilet paper occasionally." Leave it to their mother to point out the necessities in life.

End of Chapter 10
                    End of Episode One.

Stay tuned for the next episode, The Mesa Institute.

Comment

Working...
                    X