[DW3] AZ-06 Finals Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DW3] AZ-06 Finals Week

During Finals week at Richfield High School, Lorenzo Stancliffe arranges for Roger to inform Irene about new students in the coming year, while making plans to further Roger's magical knowledge over the coming Summer. Michelle and Gavin's punishment enters rocky straits as the 'vacation' soon ends a little early for the punishment cheaters. Arcadia receives more training while meeting with her newest older adopted brother. And, Chester and Harley return; as if the guys could keep them away.

Coming up next on the sixth episode of Arcadia Zoe!
    Arcadia Zoe: Episode Six

[DW3] AZ-06 Finals Week.
    By Darrel Vanwinkle (Lord Pouchlaw)
    11/02/2018

Chapter One.

The School Counselor, Lorenzo Stancliffe, was glad to see Roger back in School just in time for finals week in Richfield. For the most part, everything seemed to be back to normal. But for how long? Everyone was far too happy.

"Roger? May I talk to you in my office, please?"

Roger smiled at Lorenzo. "Of course, Mr. Stancliffe." Roger walked down the hall with the school counselor.

When they entered the man's office, Lorenzo turned and locked the door before walking around to sit in his chair and... then he transformed into his real identity of a humanoid witch cat lord. "I was informed that you no longer qualify to be a Norm, Roger. I was also informed that you are learning sorcery from an Arvandor Faun. I have a Summer offer for you as long as it does not mess up your magic learning schedule. I have acquired an opening in the magic learning Summer School where I teach classes at. Since you want to learn magic so much, Roger, I am more inclined to let you join us this Summer. Will you be available to participate or will I have to speak to your faun instructor about this?"

Roger had walked around the man's desk where he was checking out the black cat close up and feeling his fur all over. "Wow... I never would have dreamed that you were an extremely sexy cat man, Mr. Stancliffe. But... you would have to speak to my instructor since once a week I have to attend to one of the Faun's sorcery lessons. He said I was progressing in leaps in bounds now that my spells were inscribed correctly in my spell book. I would be very interested in learning more magic. Had you shown me magic before Gavin did, I would have begged you to teach me magic. Was this the only thing would wanted to talk to me about?"

Lorenzo said, "Actually, no. What is your opinion of Michelle Richards' year long punishment. Does it appear to you that she is under a punishment? When I was told about her punishment, my first words were, really? that is a punishment? she looks too happy to be under a punishment. What is your take on this, Roger?"

Roger grinned. "Right after she put on a show of distaste of hearing of this punishment, she was approached by Gavin whom explained something useful to her and since then, neither one of them have been unhappy about the punishment. So you are right to be suspicious about this punishment. Once a month, Gavin is to have sex with Michelle during his longing periods. But aside from that, every day until New Years Eve, Michelle has to spend one hour per day romantically with him at his place. He reminded her that he can change into a handsome human form. When the punishment was first issued, I don't think they intended for Gavin to be out of his centaur form. Now it seems that he is regarding the punishment as a joke and he is letting Michelle enjoy it with him."

Lorenzo said, "That's what I thought. So they found a way to make the punishment into a vacation."

Roger then said, "During Gavin's longing period, Michelle has agreed to be changed into a female centaur so sex with Gavin would not hurt her human form. But even with that, it doesn't seem like a punishment since Mr. Richards is providing birth control to his daughter."

Lorenzo grinned. "I know what to do now. Summer Vacation starts this coming Saturday, Roger. I need to speak to the Faun to see what schedule arrangement I can make with him so I can expand your magical education. As for other dockets of business, Starting next year, Richfield will be receiving a collection of new Students of both Norm and Aware humans. The Hill family are going to permit Chester to live with his grandparents and school at Richfield since Chester made friends with you, Roger. As for the other new students... here are their names. I will let you discuss this with Irene at Lunch hour... I will list the Norms first; then the rest."

"First up," started Lorenzo. "Paul Lockwood; the only son of Arcadia's adopted father through a previous marriage. As long as Mr. Lockwood paid Alimony and Child Support, his ex-wife kept and raised Paul as her own. But the moment it was learned that Mr. Lockwood had been assassinated, she packed up Paul's belongings and sent him back to Richfield to live at the Orphanage. When we heard the underhanded shit she pulled, I convinced Eugene Remus to adopt Paul out of the Orphanage to be Arcadia's adopted older brother. Paul is a Norm as far as we can tell. Although he was always interested in non-American Rock Bands and he studied Australian mythology. He could someday be aware, but until we know for sure, we have to place him into the Norm category. Next on the list... Clifford Hill; Chester's cousin through one of Grandpa Hill's other sons. His father grew up in Richfield and he wants for his son to have the same nice experience. And now for the two Norm females... Denise Forester; Her family just settled down in Richfield this last year. They run a small jewelry store in town. In fact, the school tried out their business to order the new Senior Class rings; They delivered and are trustworthy. Denise is outgoing and she walks dogs for people whom needs someone for that purpose. She calls the service, Doggy Walkies. You might have seen her in town with at least five dogs on separate leashes. And for the other normal girl... Leigh Tanner; she is the daughter of the newest lady Veterinarian in town. She has one younger brother, Kyle, whom will be in the Eighth grade this year. She owns two dogs named after Asgardian gods and she often rides a black stallion with a white starburst on his forehead; the horse's name is Midnight Star. But he answers to simply Star when Leigh calls for him."

"Now for the Enlightened few which includes Chester," stated Lorenzo. "Vance Shou, formerly of San Francisco. He comes from a family of Were-Rat martial artists. His uncle opened the new Martial arts studio here in town; his parents hired on to replace the last few sewer treatment workers we had previously. Yes, They are Chinese like Jason is; they are in control of their were-hormones. They are not here to recruit. Vance is Clifford's age. When Vance does a night outing, he wears a full body suit complete with a full head mask and hood. Almost Ninja style. Next up, Stanley Fenris; His black father is a retired circus performer from Romania; his mother is running the new candy store in town; her specialty is all-natural cotton candy; made to order in all your favorite flavors. I was able to get some Catnip Mint Cotton Candy. Anyway, Stanley seems to be a mutant whom is a Changeling Wolf Man with Black Fur and with the extra ability to use Dark Magic. I knew you would sense another magic user eventually, so I am giving you the heads up in advance. Leonardo Raven is a young man of the slender varsity variety. He is into tennis and ballet. He comes from a family of Planar Raven Warriors called Shou Mauki Winged Soldiers. They cannot be called angelic because of their black feathers and miniature devil horns. Fortunately, they can transform into humans when they need to hide themselves. His parents joined the local police department recently. In the female department, we are getting a young Mexican lady named Rosita Stevens; her mother is a retired stage dancer; her father is a renowned tattoo artist. Rosita's power seems to be more angelic than anything else. She has the miracle touch. Regeneration, Restoration, sickness removal, pain removal among other miracles. She has attempted to downplay her gift, but in other towns, the locals would try to profit from her abilities. Now she is hoping to have a normal school life here. Please show this folder list to Irene during lunch, Roger."

Roger smiled. "You can count on me, Lorenzo. Meet with me after school and I will get you a meeting with the Faun."

End of Chapter One.

Chapter Two.

During lunch period, Roger found Irene sitting at a table with Arcadia as he seated himself directly across from her and right next to Jason. "Irene, Mr. Stancliffe said that I should inform you about next year's incoming students of both the in and unaware types, if you know what I mean. I was only supposed to talk to you during lunch about the list so Arcadia; Jason, please do not be spreading gossip about this others to our friends or anyone else. Especially not to Michelle." Roger then handed the folder over to Irene whom quietly peeked inside to look at both the Norms list as well as the specials list.

She knew Lorenzo always made sure that she got he heads up on the new kids in town long before a school year was to begin. "Let us see whom will be here next year, shall we? Hmm... Paul Lockwood, Clifford Hill, Denise Forester and Leigh Tanner; That covers the Norms. Now for the others... Chester, nuff said; Vance Shou, Stanley Fenris, Leonardo Raven and Rosita Stevens; That takes care of the In crowd. I personally requested Rosita because she just wants to finish high school."

Arcadia said, "Paul is in Remus' household right now. He isn't exactly a Norm, but he acts like one sometimes."

Jason said, "I know of Vance and Stanley; only vaguely so do not be thinking that I know them really good."

Roger then said, "Lorenzo told me that Vance is Clifford's age."

Arcadia then said, "Why are keeping quiet about this to Michelle?"

Roger grinned. "Remember which one Irene said 'nuff said' about? If Michelle learned that he was getting ready to come back here, she might try to dump Gavin for Mr. Eligible. And he told me that she came across as creepy which is why she turned him off. And since during the school dance fiasco, she said that no one wanted to be her boyfriend. When Mr. Richards arranged for Kevin to date Michelle with permission, she was like, 'Hell No'. Then when she barely learned about Mr. Eligible, she quickly made plans to date him and to spurn Kevin, whom in turn sent the Maximum Force teens that warning email. That email made the rounds and eventually ended up in Mr. Richard's hands. When Ren and Circe were assigning a punishment to Gavin for being inappropriate to you, Arcadia, Ren suggested that Michelle not only help Gavin but spend time with him if Mr. Richards permitted it. Her father thought it sounded like an apt punishment. But then Gavin turned the punishment into a pleasure by reminding Michelle that he could assume human form during the non-longing periods. He even offered to change her into a female centaur during the longing periods so she didn't get hurt when he had to have sex with someone. Earlier, Lorenzo pointedly asked me if I thought the punishment was a fair one and I had to tell the truth. I didn't think it was. And then he got some sort of weird idea to have happen to them the moment Summer vacation started."

Irene said, "It is surprising that you were not attracted to Lorenzo long before you met Gavin. I've known about Lorenzo using magic for years."

Just then, Kevin ran into the cafeteria and crouched down behind Irene as he whispered, "The Richards girls are coming and here's the bad news, Michelle was bragging earlier about how a friend of her's in D.C. told her that Chester was about to enroll here at Richfield. She was also saying that she could finally dump Gavin for a real boyfriend."

Irene growled a little. "We just barely found out just now. I swear she is starting to get on my nerves. First she finds a way around the punishment and now she can get information even before Lorenzo can. Well, this will be the last time." Irene pulled out her cellphone and she called Lorenzo to tell him the bad news in regards to what Michelle had said. She also suggested that Lorenzo contact Circe and Mr. Richards since Michelle was deliberately cheating with this punishment and how she had plans to ditch the whole thing.

When the call ended, Irene barely put the cellphone away as Karen entered the cafeteria. As she got her tray of food, she said, "My sister is in another good mood, guys. I cannot figure out how she can be hateful one moment and super happy the next. I have to wonder if she's pregnant."

Irene muttered lowly, "Not yet; but she will be."

Roger said, "Bring your food over here, Karen. We need to ask you something important."

When Karen sat with Roger and the others, she asked, "What's the word?"

Roger asked, "Who is Michelle's D.C. contact friend in Washington? We know she has been cheating with her punishment and now she is being creepy toward Chester again."

Karen replied, "It is a girl she met at one of the Junior Rodeos we attended last year. I never liked her that much since her attitude is like a cross of my sister and how the McVann's used to act before our involvement with Arcadia. Her name is Cecilia Saddler and she is the daughter of the D.C. school Superintendant. A total snob and prissier than any Richfield girl we have. A complete norm. She supposedly tried to get a date with Chester before Mr. Hill rebuked her advances threatening to have her arrested if she didn't back off. No one in Maximum Force likes her at all."

Irene then said, "Michelle's learning of Chester's enrollment here at Richfield is likely going to result in his parents changing their minds and keeping him far away from here. Lorenzo just sent me word of his coming today. And your stupid sister found out before he and I did. Now she's planning on dumping the punishment she is in just so she can be with the eligible Hill boy. I happen to remember that the Moravian Were-Worg is fond of the young man because he smells good. I just have to wonder if there is something deeper than that going on. Moravian Were-Worgs don't bond to just anyone according to Kelly Frost. And this one bonded to Chester."

Kevin then said, "I think Chester's enrollment is to make it so Harley cannot interact with him within the same area. If Harley comes down here after Chester is enrolled here then it will be proven that the son of the bounty hunter is stalking the Hill boy. If Chester comes here and Harley shows up, then everyone will know that Harley goes where Chester goes."

Jason remarked, "I know who we can ask, but the guy isn't someone to be around at night nor by yourself. The local werewolf in Richfield. He generally keeps to himself."

End of Chapter Two.

Comment

Chapter Three.

But before they could plan anything further, Mr. Richards, Circe and Lorenzo appeared without warning and they were standing just behind the students' lunch table. Lorenzo said, "I got them, Irene; Circe said that she suspected that Gavin would not obey a punishment."

Irene said, "We have more information now; Michelle's contact friend in D.C. is a girl named Cecilia Saddler; no one in Maximum Force likes her. Mr. Hill threatened to have her arrested if she didn't stay away from his son. But aside from Gavin and Michelle's cheating on the punishment, we are discerning another mystery that was mentioned before but we are just now recalling. We will let you adults deal with Michelle when she comes in; we are going to focus on the Were-Worg and his liking of Chester that doesn't make any sense."

Just then, Michelle came into the cafeteria looking as cheerful as could be. She headed over to get her tray of lunch and her drink. For some reason, she didn't seem to be able to see her father and Circe standing near the wall behind Irene and the others. Roger suspected that this was some magic to prevent Michelle from noticing the trouble she was about to be in. He knew that Invisibility in a radius to include multiple people was a spell in the third circle of spell power. Lorenzo obviously knew how to make the magic without making the magic noticeable to other spell casters. Michelle then walked over and she sat at the table the others were at. But before she could make a comment about what they were reading, Irene chose to speak up and tell a deliberate lie.

"It is a shame that Agent Hill learned about the false story of his son supposedly migrating to shcool in Richfield. The boy would have made a nice school mate. I mean, he is cute. Right, Roger?"

Roger didn't want to be in this conversation but he played along to include data of what happened on the camping trip. "More than cute when Estos convinced everyone to remove their clothes. That tattoo declaring his love for Angela Pfeiffer was quite blatant. I almost wish I could date him."

Irene arched an eye when Roger said all that with a straight face. However, both she and Arcadia could see that Roger's aura revealed that he fibbed about the tattoo. Arcadia chose to read Roger's mind and she almost gagged on her milk when she saw that Roger's memory showed that that the tattoo said that Chester would be friends with someone called Von Carlos forever. But since the tattoo looked like a frightening wolf like head with the words around it in a circle, it was definitely not a declaration of love. And maybe that was for the best. Arcadia quietly excused herself to go clean up her mess in the ladies rest room.

Karen was dying to know what had affected Arcadia in that particular way but she remained seated.

Kevin chose to go over and get his lunch since he hadn't gotten any as yet.

Michelle arched an eye since her contact was hardly ever wrong in her reports. "What do you mean by saying that Chester Hill isn't coming here? I have it on good authority that he is coming to Richfield. True it won't be for another three months in the Fall; but I do have my punishment to undergo. Besides, Gavin should be over his longing by the time Fall arrives. His own words."

Irene grabbed Michelle by one arm and affixed her Emerald dragoness gaze through her human eye sockets directly into the Richards' girl's own eyes. "Have you been staying completely human when you are with Gavin each day after school? And don't lie to me. Remember that I don't need beans to breathe on you."

Michelle didn't even flinch at the threat as she replied, "Of course I've been staying human. I cannot tranform like most of the boys can. In fact, since I am human right now, that should be proof enough of my statement."

Irene then released Michelle as she simply shook her head in disgust.

And that was when Michelle felt a powerful hand grip land on both of her shoulders as her father and Circe became visible along with Lorenzo Stancliffe. Mr. Richards said, "You may not be aware of this, Michelle, but we have had magical spies watching you and Gavin during your punishment afternoons. You just lied to Irene and she knows it. Since you think your punishment is a joke... you will no longer be receiving birth control protection when you are with Gavin. You and a centaur stallion are going to foal a centaur colt this Summer. And since Centaur Mares get no pain killers during birth, you will not receive any either. Also since you were going to dump Gavin anyway, he will not be the father of this colt. Because you like being a centaur mare behind everyone's backs, you will change into one once a month in place of your human period and you will feel the need to be taken by a breeding stallion. As you know, The McVanns have a powerful one who wouldn't blink twice hammering you with his tool."

Circe remarked, "She doesn't deserve the privilege of being a mythical creature. A Nag, yes. But not a centaur mare. That would be like insulting the real centaur mares out there. But if Skerrit wants to take your daughter on the ride she would never forget, we get to video tape the session so the gods all get to watch it later. Also when you are in a mare's body, you should not have access to your mutant powers. Either be a mare like the rest or accept Kevin McVann whom actually loves you."

Lorenzo then said, "Your friend Cecelia Saddler in D.C. broke several school rules by leaking information to you that you had no right to learn about. I have already called her father and let him know what she did behind his back. He sounded angry before he said he would call me back. He hasn't called me as yet."

Michelle actually looked scared out of her mind when she heard all three of the adults' voices directly behind her... point-blank.

Irene then said, "As for my knowing about Chester, I am the school's newspaper editor so it is my right to know who is going to be joining us in Richfield High every year. The rest of you learn of these things if I deem it safe to tell you. As for YOU, Michelle; you chose to lie to not just one dragon but two dragons. Jason and I would gladly fry you for your dishonesty. The reason I didn't breathe on you is because my Poinsonous Chlorine Gas breath weapon would have killed all the Norms in the school. They did nothing wrong and it would be inappropriate to kill them for the mistake you made. My parents will be hearing of your dishonesty, Michelle."

End of Chapter Three.

Comment

Chapter Four.

Circe then said, "In the Mediterranean, when a person commits supernatural crimes, they are tried in the divine court overseen by Hera and Athena. Lady Frigga has been invited to these things herself but she quotes that unless the criminal has done worse than Loki, then there is no reason for her to come join us."

Irene grinned. "Now there is a punishment we haven't enacted upon Michelle. Getting acidic poison in the eyes from two of his wives that he cannot stand sounds ideal for Michelle."

Kevin then spoke up. "Yeah, but the true punishment is for his wives who have to look at his face while they are doing this."

And then Frigga was standing with the other adults trying not to laugh so much at Kevin's humor. "Oh my, When Remus told us that Richfield bravely took pop shots at the gods, I never imagined how humorous his information would be as I came in to see for myself. I would have been here sooner but finding a nice dress to cover my body is not the easiest thing to do."

Kevin looked up at Frigga and said, "I'm sorry; but Irene's comment just needed the extra humor added in to make it more viable. I am sure the Norse don't have to deal with what we put up with around here except for that silly Ragnarok thing that every Norse warrior cannot wait for. Its like waiting in line for Black Friday just after Thanksgiving."

Frigga smirked. "I have attended a few of those and it is almost like a Norse raid confined to a shopping center. Just add armor to all of the ladies and you got it made."

The Norse goddess then looked down at Michelle. "Sleipnir hasn't mated with anyone this century if you need a stallion with eight legs. Well, nine if you count the Rod of Might."

Mr. Richards just leaned back against the wall as he listened to his daughter squirm from the divine suggestions.

Michelle turned to look at her father as she said, "Please don't let them do this to me; I'm your daughter for Pete's sake!"

Mr. Richards scowled, "Is Pete another young man you have hurt the feelings of and dumped? I am enjoying hearing these suggestions, Michelle. Actually the decision has already been made; but this is a lot more fun just to watch you squirm since you don't know what the plan is."

Roger then asked, "So what is the plan, Mr. Richards?"

Mr. Richards smiled at Roger. "Michelle and Karen's cousin Augusta lives in the sister city of Richfield, Idaho. In fact that city is what our own here in Virginia was based on. It is identical in appearance right down to the Richards cattle ranch just North of town. Kevin's cousins also live there. Their sports team is also called the Ravens. Michelle's new punishment is to be moved to Idaho to attend school there since she cannot behave herself here in our Richfield."

Michelle quickly objected. "But that's not fair! I want to go to school here!"

Mr. Richards replied, "You were on the verge of being shipped off before you saved Arcadia from the poison arrow. On that day I thought you were starting to straighten your ass up. And then the fiasco with Hades and Roger's trials arose and you began acting like you had before you saved her life. Augusta was on the ranch not to protect it but to escort you back to Idaho with her. But even she was fooled into thinking that you had turned over a new leaf. Now you have earned the ticket to go to Richfield Idaho. It is either that or you give birth to Gavin's colt the next time you are in centaur mare form. Another way to get to stay here is to date Kevin as I originally arranged for you to do. Mr. Hill has said that he would shoot you on sight if you solicited yourself to his son; he despised Cecelia anyway and you are acting just like her. No one in Maximum Force likes her anyways. Especially not Chester. He has enough issues to deal with without your trying to get down his pants. So make up your mind, Michelle, will it be Idaho, Kevin or Gavin. If you haven't decided by three P.M. this afternoon, then you go with Augusta anyway. That was the original plan before you chose to be heroic for all of a day. Of course, in place of Gavin, Sleipnir hasn't bred with anyone this century according to Lady Frigga. Odin's battle horse might make a good husband for you."

Michelle and Karen both looked horrified at the ultimatum.

Kevin then got up with his tray and said, "Since she rebuked me, Mr. Richards, and since I am interested in Roger's situation more than your daughter's mess, I must withdraw any hope I would have had for dating your daughter. I knew Arcadia didn't have time to be dating; therefore... since Michelle repeatedly whined that no one wanted to be her boyfriend and she put up the anti-social wall to prevent anyone she wouldn't have from getting near her, I must decline being a choice for her during this dilemma for which I would have been been a good excuse for her to remain schooling locally. Sorry, Michelle; you had your chance with me and you shoved me away. If anyone wants me, I'll be dining at the study hall table." And he walked off toward a table that had nearly no other dining students sitting there.

Roger and Jason got up with their trays and they followed Kevin. Supporting their friend as it were.

Mr. Richards chuckled, "And that leaves Idaho, Gavin and Sleipnir. I would imagine that Sleipnir will not be picky."

Michelle hung her head looking defeated; she hadn't even considered that Kevin would have been her best defense against being moved off to Idaho. Running away came to mind but then the gods would be after her and not all of them were nice to deal with. If only their brother Royale was home to help diffuse the situation. Perhaps she could get Arcadia to help her with this problem since the poorest girl in Richfield did owe her a favor for saving her life. She lifted her head. "If I have until three P.M., then please don't be watching me like vultures all day long. I will have my answer by three P.M."

Mr. Richards said, "Circe and I will return at three P.M. I am not too sure about Frigga; Lorenzo works here; so no more tricks or else. Come on, Circe; I will give you a tour of my animal ranch; it might give you ideas to do out on your island." And the two headed off to do the Ranch tour.

End of Chapter Four.

Comment

Chapter Five.

When Lorenzo returned to his counselor office, he found several new students waiting on him plus one extra keeping the mood light and hopeful for the others. Harley Davidson, Jr. chatted with the other new students Lorenzo had mentioned earlier as Chester Hill sat to one side with both of his parents. Seeing Mr. Hill was not a pleasure since mostly everyone knew how cranky the man usually was. Upon seeing the Hill Parents, Lorenzo said, "Cecelia Saddler was the one who let the cat out of the bag to Michelle Richards this time. But I am sure you know how to handle the insubordinate student up in D.C. I have already informed her superintendant father of her stealing school reacords; he sounded as angry as you usually are, Mr. Hill. Mr. Richards confronted his daugher during lunch hour for the record. I had to oversee the latest Fiasco. I apologize for keeping you nice folk waiting." He then turned to look at Harley. "Why are you back in Richfield, Harley?"

Harley replied, "I promised Zak and Christy that I would make sure Chester made it back to D.C. for the Summer. He isn't supposed to officially enroll down here until the latter part of August. And Von Carlos says... moving this boy around will not stop him from checking on the boy that smells so good."

Chester said, "If Michelle had not come across like Cecelia Saddler, I might have been interested in her; but her fawning over people who are edgy around creepy females anyway will not fly. I guess part of my father is rubbing off on me. If I attend school down here, I do not want to deal with Michelle. I would not be in Richfield to find a new girlfriend."

Mr. Hill remarked, "Good for you, Chester. While I am sorry about the Trojan Horse Iron Man suit that they didn't even tell me about, I don't mind your being friends with Von Carlos and that gigantic gargoyle. I know the gargoyle is not interested in you; but that warg gets pretty close to you a lot of the time. Closer than Harley has been known to."

Chester made a look of disgust. "Dad... Harley is dating Angela Pfeiffer; I only told you that I was dating her when you started to get too nosy about who I was seeing. The truth is that I have gone on a few dates with Marsha Brandon although Lori's winged horse likes me more than the rest of Maximum Force. I did make a permanent lasting friendship with Von Carlos just after I saved his life from a fatal blow to his body during a fight we had with the Elites of Moravia."

Mr. Hill arched an eye. "Is that why Valhalla and Von Carlos are always coming around to see you? Not that I mind them showing up, since they usually do it without the rest of the Maximum Force tagging along."

Chester said, "Valhalla liked me when he thought my alter ego was a horse warrior. In a way, it still is; I just don't need the phony suit to make the change anymore since I got sponsored by the Arvandorian Planar Stallions. Although I do have to spend one hour in full horse form once a day in order to keep the power. This is usually done in the evenings."

Lorenzo then cleared his throat and said, "Since the government project was the iron horse suit, your son is not technically government property anymore."

Mr. Hill now turned his angry gaze to the counselor. "Do you want to tell General Osric Sloan that little bit of information? Sloan's outlook is that any American with an empowerment regardless of the source is government property and must be registered. I am trying not to be as big of a prick as everyone says he is. Ever since Harley saved my life from getting sniped by one of the Teen Force's more mundane enemies recently, I have dropped my gripe against his former ways and I permit him to be Chester's friend."

Chester smiled as he recalled how he originally met Von Carlos. Near the Washington Monument, the creature with the low gruff voice stepped out of the darkness. He looked like a pony sized alpha warg. "Permit me... to introduce myself, Earth man... I am Von Carlos, a Moravian Warg Alpha." It later turned out that Von Carlos was a form of Werewolf Wizard.

Lorenzo then sat down at his desk and he began handing out the enrollment forms to all potential students present. "Fill these out to the best of your ability. Paul Lockwood, your paperwork was completed when I visited you at Remus' estate. Clifford, What do you think of schooling with your cousin Chester?"

Clifford grinned. "Chester's life is way too complicated. I am glad I am not part of his family. My parents are far more open minded and they approved of my coming here by myself. I can handle whomever this firebrand known as Michelle is since I happen to like wild women."

Chester then said, "I'll make you a deal, Clifford; you get Michelle permanently interested in you and in return, I will do your after school chores for you at the Hill Horse Ranch. I will warn you... she might try to use you to be able to get closer to me. She thinks she is smarter than any boy. My father and I do not like her. It is one of the few things that he and I actually agree on. So if you think you can tame the Firebrand, then make damned sure you tell Mr. Richards what the plan is before he ships her off to the other side of reality. If she would just straighten up and act like her sister, I could be interested in her; but ever since she befriended Cecelia Saddler, that chance went out the window concerning me."

Mr. Hill set a gaze on Clifford who was immune to Agent Hill's demeanor because his brother raised his own son differently. "Clifford, don't be thinking that this is a easy deal. Michelle originally whined that no boy wanted to be her boyfriend but when a few came forward to give her that chance, she put up the anti-social 'get lost' air shield. But then after she dumped someone her father had chosen and she set her eyes on Chester whom she had never met and the dumped boyfriend sent word to Harley and the others who in turn showed me the warning and I showed it to Mr. Richards, she got into some further trouble by receiving D.C. school records from Cecelia Saddler which Michelle had no right to be receiving. So if you want a chance at Michelle, do it right and don't let on that you are simply running interference for Chester. I know you are interested in attending the military academy after high school, so if you are able to help Chester with this problem girl, then I will arrange for your admittance into the academy of your choice. But she will be suspicious if she learns your true story, so you are doubly warned."

Chester said, "My dad is willing to pull a few strings to get you cleared for the academy, Clifford. Just get this girl disinterested in me and interested in either you or someone else. But that's the deal."

Clifford grinned again. "There is an easy solution that your father has already complained about, Chester; you don't have to really become that way in reality, but in order to make her less interested in you, all you have to do is pretend to be homosexual. When your father was told by Mr. Richards that maybe you were dating Harley, your father exploded. Then there is all of those non-human creatures whom actually love you and most of them are male. So... when I am getting to know Michelle, I let it slip that you are gay and no more interest."

End of Chapter Five.

Comment

Chapter Six.

Within the girls' bathroom, Michelle found Arcadia cleaning up her milk in the sinuses choking episode. "Arcadia... I need your help. I only have until a three P.M. deadline to make a decsion and I do not want to be shipped off to another school. Before you say no, let me remind you of something... I saved your life seemingly for free. Now I need to collect on that favor. I hate to use this favor in this particular way, but I need help badly."

Arcadia looked at Michelle's aura and then she read the girl's mind as feeble as it was. "Okay, I looked into your memories and I read your aura. I have the full story. What kind of help do you want? And keep in mind that I do not go around reading everyone's minds. What I saw in Roger's mind almost made me choke on my lunch. That's why I had to excuse myself from the lunch table."

Michelle asked, "What did you see in Roger's mind?"

Before Arcadia could answer, she heard Lorenzo's mental voice giving her some new data. "If Michelle comes to you to gain divine help, what you need to tell her is that Chester Hill is gay while his cousin Clifford is not only straight but interested in Michelle. If Michelle agrees to give Clifford a chance, I could make the arrangements to keep Michelle here in Virginia. But her father is tired of Michelle's deceitful ways."

Arcadia mentally shot back to the counselor, "Chester is interested in Von Carlos, Mr. Stancliffe. He might even bend over for Valhalla. Now leave me alone so I can deal with Michelle. Chester doesn't have to pretend to be gay since he already is when it comes to non-humans. But for humans, he does like a few girls."

Michelle noticed that Arcadia seemed to be focused on something mental. "Let me guess... you just got a warning from someone not to help me. You were my last hope."

Arcadia took Michelle into one of the stalls and closed the door. "Chester Hill is gay; it was revealed to Roger and the others during the boy's only campout. However, his cousin Clifford Hill is straight and he will be looking for a new girlfriend once he transfers into Richfield. They are both going to be living at Grandpa and Grandma Hill's horse farm. Chester does not want to see you, Michelle. But you can have a chance with Clifford, if you let him get that close. You could have had Kevin help you with his mutant powers. Dumping him that fast was the worst thing you could do. He and his sister Linda are all the time competing to win the adoration of their parents. Kevin has been losing at everything, his last chance at tying up the score was to win you over. As you know, Linda is dating Jason. Kevin doesn't have anyone. When Linda won the school newspaper reporter job from Irene, their parents threw a victory party for their daughter. Kevin spent that evening with Roger and Jason at the arcade in town. Roger tried to cheer Kevin up and made a friendship out of the exchange. When you told Kevin that he was being snobby; I hate to say this, but it takes one to know one, Michelle. You could only recognize it in others if you were like that yourself. Remember how you got jealous when you chaperoned Kevin and I to the dance? You volunteered to escort us; no one MADE you go to the dance. Later you argued with Karen that you were forced to go to the dance. We never asked you to come along; you never had to go at all. When Karen jibed that I was dancing with your boyfriend, you threw a punch at her. You hurt Kevin's feelings by rejecting him. And now you want to request divine intervention?"

Michelle sobbed when Arcadia hit her with the truth. "Please... I need help, Arcadia... I thought you would be neutral about all this. But now you are acting like the Greek Gods; the very thing Hades does not want you to become. Or did you join the Hercules fan club. I am begging you. I don't want to be transferred out of Richfield to Idaho. I want to stay here."

Suddenly, Arcadia heard a new divine voice within her mind. "Princess Arcadia Actaeon of Zoe, I presume? Permit me to introduce myself... I am Lord Frey of the Elven Asgard; Lady Hecate of Olympus was telling me that you were in training to learn the divine basics, but the Greek Gods were jerking you around instead of actually educating you in what you needed to know. Today is your lucky day. I am authorized by Lord Odin himself to grant you everything you were promised so you can help your friends without having to wait for ten centuries to pass. It would take you a thousand mortal years to learn everything divine the way the Greek gods have been trying to teach you. I can help you attain all of this in just one day. All I ask in return is for you and your friends in the Richfield Champions to attend just one of my in-home banquets. There will be music and dancing as well as games to play and prizes to win. Michelle is a foolish girl to throw away her favor like this. With the full powers promised to you, you could easily resolve the problems within your general area. Just say yes or no to my offer; accept the all in one day offer or keep doing things the Greek way and die before you learn it all."

So there it was; all or death. Arcadia knew there was a dumb game going on with the Greeks and now the Norse god of the elves just told her the truth. "Yes, Frey. I accept your offer. But I have to finish high school with my friends, so dumping immortality and eternal life on me just because you are part of the game will not be accepted."

Frey replied, "Go to a water fountain in school and just before you press the button to take a drink, whisper my name and drink the water. Then quickly find a seat on a hallway bench because you will experience a brief wave of dizziness as your full powers activate. If you do this four times, you will be as powerful as the Greater gods of any pantheon. If you wanted, you could start your own pantheon. But if you choose to go this route, I would pledge my alliance with your pantheon. I will be listening, ally in arms. Until later..."

Arcadia smiled. "Finally. A god gained some major kudos just now. I will soon be able to help you without all the poop under the bridge, Michelle. But I need to visit the water fountain in school to get a few drinks of water. Come on, Michelle, it won't be long now."

Michelle asked, "So who finally stopped the game?"

Arcadia replied, "The Asgarian Elf god of Sunshine; Lord Frey of Elven Asgard. His realm is part of Arvandor. He represents unicorns."

Michelle smiled. "Hot damn! About time someone decided to not play the game with you! Now we're getting aomewhere!"

The two left the girls' bathroom and went to the closest water fountain which had benches next to it. "Here goes... I hope he was right." And then Arcadia whispered, "Frey," and she took a drink from the fountain. And then she repeated this three more times before staggering to sit down on the bench. Michelle helped her to sit on the bench so she didn't land on the floor. Michelle sat down to wait to see what the results of this help was going to do.

End of Chapter Six.

Comment

Working...
            X